The LightHouse Reviews

Barao da Torre, 175. Casa 20, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Terrible value for the money. I think the only thing you pay for it the location..and that's a bit too pricey. With the moment we arrived we had some miscommunication with the owner about the price and it took us an hour to make any reasonable sollution. Then the stuff..nobody showed us around and told us anything but at the end we were expected to wash after our breakfast while the stuff was just sitting there watching tv and having nothing to do..for 85/night that's a super low service!

• 18th May 2015
  • Poland

Great location very close to the beach. Silvi an Alex really friendly and helpful. Nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere

• 13th May 2015

Amazing friendly staff. Very clean. Great location!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Austria

This is one of the best hostels I've ever been. Silvia (the owner) and all the staff are really friendly. They clean the rooms and the bathrooms every day. The breakfast is really good including some local fruits. The wifi is really good for a hostel. It is a small and quite hostel with great location. I definitively recomend it. The only bad thing that I could say is that they don´t accept credit cards.

I can't say enough about these guys, they were fantastic. The hostel is in a prime location to the beaches and amazing cafes, shops and clubbing. Sylvia is brilliant and gave an amazing overview of the city my first morning, maps and guides. The whole works. When I wanted to stay another night and they were fully booked, helped me sort a bed next door. They were great!

The Lighthouse is perfectly located in Rio - down the same street as the metro station and just a brief walk from both Ipanema and Copacabana beach. It's pricey, but it really is the best place to stay in the city. The hostel itself was pretty average. Staff ranged from helpful and informative to lazy and uncooperative. The rooms were fine, nothing special but then this is a hostel. You get a free continental breakfast every morning and the wifi works well.

Solo female traveller. Positives: location close to beach, main street and metro station, friendly staff who took us out one night, good bunch of people staying who I went out with, free towels, breakfast of fruit, bread cheese ham cake usual stuff. Negatives: none

A really nice hostel with a calm vibe at the heart of Ipamema

Silvia is just an amazing Host, taking time to brief you on the neighborhood, the city, the options how to visit Rio... She is lovely and she also take care of her Hostel in order to provide the best experience to her guests. We were a group of 6 persons and we all agree that Lighthouse is really great. Only 5/10min walking from Ipanema beach, not far from Metro station, many restaurants & bars near by ... :)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Morocco

Nice, small hostel. Staff is very friendly and Silvia the owner was a delight and super dedicated to the hostel. If you get a chance talk with her. Great woman. The location is great, just 3 blocks away from the beach and 2 of Ipanema center. Rooms have AC on during the night which is a must in the summer and the wifi works great in all the hostel.

Really nice place, staff are great. Bit quiet for me.

This place is small but to its advantage creating a lovely atmosphere for people to get to know each other or have their space. The location is great, the staff and owner are lovely too. One of my favourite hostels so far!

• 19th Feb 2015

The location is great - a couple of blocks to Impanema beach and a metro station. Also lots of great restaurants.

Great welcome from Sylvia who knows all the cool places in Rio. A short stroll to the best beach in the city through a lovely street of shops and restaurants. The street the hostel is on is lovely and quiet at night - a Rio rarity. Highly recommended!

The helpful staff and atmosphere in this hostel is unrivalled to any hostel we have ever stayed in. Alex, Linda and Sylvia are a brilliant help to helping figure out what to do and where to go in Rio and there friendly personalities create a relaxed positive atmosphere in the hostel. Stayed in the private room which was clean and spacious. The only drawback in this hostel was the internet signal is very bad if you want to use it on your phone but there is a PC there that you can use.

Great staff and great location. Very helpful specially Linda, the hostel manager. Location is obviously very good if you're into beach in Rio. To be honest I like ipanema beaches and bars better than pretentious Copacabana (I stayed there for couple of nights for New Years too). Also end of subway line is just steps from hostel. Lighthouse is pretty small - so if you're a mature traveller or couple and not into partying in hostel, then it's a good choice :)

The day stay was friendly, However, the female owner was extremely hostile to my friend and I when we wanted to negotiate a cancellation that was done at 12:30pm (cut-off time was 12pm). We approached her in a professional and she was extremely condescending and rude. In the end, she saw our perspective and since we stay calm and collective she eventually warmed up to us and we settled on the cancellation fee. However, her initial approach left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Had a great time in the hostel, met some really nice people. The hostel has a double room and a 6 person dorm. We had the double room, plenty of space and great value. Excellent location. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Could not be happier of having chosen this hostel. Everyone working there is super friendly and helpful, and since its located in a closed little alley it is super safe and comfortable. Although it is small it is super cozy and very well located (felt super safe walking around the neighbourhood. This is my hostel of choice from now on in Rio.

Nice quite hostel only stayed one night was good to crash for the night and staff were very nice

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7