The LightHouse Reviews

Barao da Torre, 175. Casa 20, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast. Good wifi connection. Thought expensive. Paid 75 reals for 8 bed dorm. Across the yard paid 40 for 5 bed dorm. On the hostelworld.com site the hostel said "selling out soon" but I was the only guest in the dorm during four day stay.

Wonderful hostel, perfect for exploring. Fantastic staff who couldn't be kinder or more helpful. Absolutely recommended for anybody looking to explore Rio and relax on Ipanema.

My boyfriend and I stayed in the private double room with a shared bathroom. The room was big and reasonably comfortable. It is a small hostel but the staff are very friendly and helpful. They were happy to assist us in booking a taxi to the airport at a very cheap rate and also helping to book tickets to Christ the Redeemer. The location is perfect and close to the beach, restaurants, stores, the metro station and a nice market on Sundays. Good value for money if you are on a budget.

The owner and staff are great. Thoughtful, warm and helpful. Very good shower and excellent breakfast. Ipanema much better feel than Copacabama. All very convenient. A lovely 5 night stay. ould recommend without hesitation unless you are looking for a noisy party hostel.W

Terrible value for the money. I think the only thing you pay for it the location..and that's a bit too pricey. With the moment we arrived we had some miscommunication with the owner about the price and it took us an hour to make any reasonable sollution. Then the stuff..nobody showed us around and told us anything but at the end we were expected to wash after our breakfast while the stuff was just sitting there watching tv and having nothing to do..for 85/night that's a super low service!

• 18th May 2015
  • Poland

I stayed for 12 nights in this ideally located hostel 2 blocks from beautiful Ipanema Beach. I was looking for a more chilled out and relaxed place to stay (27 year old single male traveller from Ireland) I was not looking for a crazy party hostel, as that can be done in Rio but I wanted a chilled laid back atmosphere. The location is ideal. The staff are really great and so helpful. They genuinely seem to care about your stay. Alex especially is really great and a very kool guy,Carioca da Gema.

• 13th May 2015

Great location very close to the beach. Silvi an Alex really friendly and helpful. Nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere

• 13th May 2015

Amazing friendly staff. Very clean. Great location!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Austria

This is one of the best hostels I've ever been. Silvia (the owner) and all the staff are really friendly. They clean the rooms and the bathrooms every day. The breakfast is really good including some local fruits. The wifi is really good for a hostel. It is a small and quite hostel with great location. I definitively recomend it. The only bad thing that I could say is that they don´t accept credit cards.

I can't say enough about these guys, they were fantastic. The hostel is in a prime location to the beaches and amazing cafes, shops and clubbing. Sylvia is brilliant and gave an amazing overview of the city my first morning, maps and guides. The whole works. When I wanted to stay another night and they were fully booked, helped me sort a bed next door. They were great!

The Lighthouse is perfectly located in Rio - down the same street as the metro station and just a brief walk from both Ipanema and Copacabana beach. It's pricey, but it really is the best place to stay in the city. The hostel itself was pretty average. Staff ranged from helpful and informative to lazy and uncooperative. The rooms were fine, nothing special but then this is a hostel. You get a free continental breakfast every morning and the wifi works well.

Solo female traveller. Positives: location close to beach, main street and metro station, friendly staff who took us out one night, good bunch of people staying who I went out with, free towels, breakfast of fruit, bread cheese ham cake usual stuff. Negatives: none

A really nice hostel with a calm vibe at the heart of Ipamema

Silvia is just an amazing Host, taking time to brief you on the neighborhood, the city, the options how to visit Rio... She is lovely and she also take care of her Hostel in order to provide the best experience to her guests. We were a group of 6 persons and we all agree that Lighthouse is really great. Only 5/10min walking from Ipanema beach, not far from Metro station, many restaurants & bars near by ... :)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Morocco

Nice, small hostel. Staff is very friendly and Silvia the owner was a delight and super dedicated to the hostel. If you get a chance talk with her. Great woman. The location is great, just 3 blocks away from the beach and 2 of Ipanema center. Rooms have AC on during the night which is a must in the summer and the wifi works great in all the hostel.

Really nice place, staff are great. Bit quiet for me.

This place is small but to its advantage creating a lovely atmosphere for people to get to know each other or have their space. The location is great, the staff and owner are lovely too. One of my favourite hostels so far!

• 19th Feb 2015

The location is great - a couple of blocks to Impanema beach and a metro station. Also lots of great restaurants.

Great welcome from Sylvia who knows all the cool places in Rio. A short stroll to the best beach in the city through a lovely street of shops and restaurants. The street the hostel is on is lovely and quiet at night - a Rio rarity. Highly recommended!

The helpful staff and atmosphere in this hostel is unrivalled to any hostel we have ever stayed in. Alex, Linda and Sylvia are a brilliant help to helping figure out what to do and where to go in Rio and there friendly personalities create a relaxed positive atmosphere in the hostel. Stayed in the private room which was clean and spacious. The only drawback in this hostel was the internet signal is very bad if you want to use it on your phone but there is a PC there that you can use.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7