The LightHouse

Fabulous 841 Total Reviews
Fabulous 841 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

The Lighthouse is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, they made our visit to Rio so enjoyable! Would defiantly love to return!

15th Jun 2017
7.4

Not a party hostel, and that's why I've chosen this hostel. I've stayed on the only private room there, which is too close to the kitchen (and its noises) and no sunlight (since they didn't changed my towels, they were wet for most of the days, that's the reason for my bad rating in cleanliness). A/C, TV and bed OK, small room if you're a couple with big luggages.

5th Jun 2017
6.0

I didn't get any sleep at this hostel, mostly due to a young child who would cry throughout the night and would remain in the room with the other guests. I tried to be accommodating, but I found it unfair that I had to pay for something due to the 'fine print' online when the 'fine print' also says no children are allowed. The guy who works at night was not friendly. Luggage remains out in the open if you want to leave your things after checking out. The owner is super friendly. Free b-fast.

28th Apr 2017
7.4

An ok place, nothing out of the originary but with most thing one expects. not all of the staff speak English and they were not very focused on the guests.

• lari_lux
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2017

I travelled alone and met a lot of nice people here! Sometimes they went partying but it's not a party Hostel. You can relax when you want to. The breakfast was okay, they have buns, ham and cheese so when you love Marmelade etc. you should bring it with you haha. But that's the only "negative" thing I can say about the hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the one older staff can't speak in a fluent English what'a a little bit difficult in some situation but everything was fine

×