The Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast

8.8
Fabulous 155 Total Reviews

11th Jan 2017
7.7

This place was okay. The rooms were standard and clean. It's not the most welcoming atmosphere, and you sort of feel like your bothering someone in their home. The light in the bathroom went out one night and after telling the owner, she offered nothing to try and fix it and also said there wasn't another bathroom to use, so I had to use a headlamp to use the bathroom. Overall an awkward stay, but clean and good enough for 1 night or so.

9th Dec 2016

We had a lovely stay at The Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast! The owners were very friendly & helpful (+ their dog, a schnauzer, was adorable & hypoallergenic), the location was great, & the breakfast was yummy. They had a really cute outdoor area & a shared bathroom for anyone wanting to wash up after check-out. Perfect for couples, or pairs traveling together, looking to have a relaxing stay in Lima's Miraflores district. Tip: Save the street # of the B&B before arriving as the place is unmarked.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
22nd Nov 2016

Was only in Lima for two nights after finishing the Inca Trail, and this place was perfect for a short stay. I had picked up a cold and stayed in the first evening - next morning everyone checked in to see how I was feeling. Breakfast was great. Even with a few communication issues I was made to feel very welcome and looked after. Cute dog on top of all that! Just remember to check the street number of the BnB - I almost entered an empty house next door as there is no signage.

• USA, Male, 31-40
19th Nov 2016

Duncan was extremely helpful in orienting me to the neighborhood. He creates a friendly atmosphere that made my stay in Lima much better than if I'd stayed on my own. He even offered to help me to resolve an issue with baggage that didn't arrive. Great experience.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

Loved the bed and breakfast, got in late and left early but it was a very nice house with a nice courtyard for breakfast they ladies prepare in the morning. Would stay again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
27th Oct 2016

Very safe, clean, spacious rooms and friendly staff Would recommend They also have a cool little dog called Inka who is a delight

15th Oct 2016
8.0

Unfortunately, our experience with the manager was awful. We made a reservation for an airport transfer the day before, but she must have forgotten, and she became very defensive claiming that getting a taxi at 8.15 am on Sun was impossible and then, shifting tactics to, inexplicably, blame us for the problem and we nearly missed our flight. A simple "I'm sorry I forgot, let me do everything I can to get you a taxi ASAP" would have sufficed. Her attitude ruined an otherwise pleasant experience

• beckyleithall5000
  • England, Mixed Group, 31-40
12th Oct 2016
4.6

In the 13 years I have been staying in hostels this was the most unwelcoming and hostile place I have stayed. I have never been asked when I am planning to leave so many times by any hotel or hostel owner. Only stay here if you can actually speak Spanish - not just rusty school Spanish. There is also only one bathroom and no separate toilet for the whole house.

7th Oct 2016

Late check in was great, the staff was extremely helpful! It has a great location, 10 minute walk to the central part of activities in Mira Flores! Secure walking, not a trouble in site. Staff helpful, served typical Peruvian breakfast which was delicious, organized my taxis and transportation when I arrived and left. Clean location, warm showers, good bed, and good internet.

• England, Female, 31-40
1st Oct 2016

The Lighthouse was a lovely place to stay. Staff were uniformly helpful and friendly, and Duncan arranged a taxi transfer from the airport for me over email very easily. I arrived late but this didn't seem to be a problem and when I left they called a cab to take me to the bus station. My original booking was for a double room with shared bathroom but this was changed (with notice!) to a single with private bathroom which was very nice. Breakfast was good. Bonus points for location and cute dog.