The Lily Pad Reviews

West Gate Village, Dali Old Town, Dali, China

Staff is lovely and breakfasts are good.

Very nice place, friendly owners that try everything to make your stay enjoyable. Booked a bus for us and brought us to the bus station. We even got a free update from the dorm to a 2-bed private room bacause it was low season (Jan. 2014).

• 12th Jan 2014

because of flight delay i missed to stay at here.. but when i email to them, they said no problem.. very appreciate

Not really in the center but it is really near by foot (5-10min). Really quiet there, good and cheap breakfast. A little bit cold in the room

We stayed in a double ensuite room C on the roof, with a mountain view for only 80 yuan, and everything was excellent. The staff speaks good English and is very helpful. They helped us book tickets to Lijiang and were kind enough to return the money when we cancelled. Thank you!

I arrived the hostel very late at midnight and couldn't really find a way. I called them and one of the staff just came out for picking me up with a bit of worry and it was a very relief. Also they upgraded my dorm to the private twin room for some reasons, which was fantastic. Good English speaking staff is there who is willing to help you out in time. Not for partiers, it is just a very quiet place with no music. You can have a good time at the dinner table with other travellers, though.

Generally the staffs are kind & helpfull, especially the lady name TingTIng is very patient, helpfull & cheerfull .

Extremly nice and helpful staff.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Poland

An awesome hostel with amazing staff. Great location, (below the mountain in the old town), very nice courtyard and rooms, very clean and nice toilet, very nice people and very good cook as I tried very nice and typical chinese food. I absolutely raccomand this hostel.

The staffs of this guesthouse is very friendly. I took a private twin bed room for RMB70 (bathroom ensuite)!!! This is so value for money. The room was beautifully decorated with Chinese traditional furniture, bright & the bathroom was equipped with towel, bath gel & shampoo (considered as luxury in youth hostel). I also enjoyed the lunch, whereby I paid RMB15 to join the staffs for their lunch/dinner. The staffs helped me with express bus arrangement to Lijiang. Great place!