The Linen House Hostel Reviews

18-20 Kent Street, Belfast BT1 2JA, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Always enjoy staying here.

cold, noisy

The place is ok, but we had troubles in the room. More girls than beds.

• 29th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the linen house hostel, only I was a bit upset as my bed wasn't even cleaned and prepared when I checked in and I had to ask for fresh linen. Else the hostel is nice, the breakfast was great and the kitchen facilities have everything desirable.

Staff was not very friendly and very slow. Toilets and showers were dirty. Room was very very small and in one of the beds we found a t-shirt of a former guest, so obviously they did not really take the cleaning serious. What I found really annoying was the noise during the night, I had troubles to sleep more than ten minutes in a row, as other guests were having parties on the corridors, which includes loud shouting and even a fight in front of our room's door.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The free wi-fi service need to improve, becouse de conexion was terrible.

• 21st Feb 2014

Noisy, crowded, not very clean. Because I was in a big share room there was no lock for the door. The showers were badly signed, difficult to find and not very clean. This would be a great place to stay if you are a group of partying teenagers, but if you like comfort, quiet and cleanliness go somewhere else. On the other hand they are extremely cheap.

We had to walk from the bus station to the hostel in the rain so when we arrived we were soaking wet. We were then made to wait in the sitting area while we waited for the only one person on staff was dealing with another customer. When we eventually got talking to the member of staff, we could barely understand him as he was foreign.. I have loads more to say but i haven't got enough characters left to comment which is disappointing. we are never going back and would not recommend to anyone.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The owners (or workers or whatever) seemed a bit greedy. I booked a 8 bed dorm, and instead there were 9. Breakfast is not free (£2) and is not even good compared to other hostels free breakfast. There is someone to open the door at night for you, but reception is certainly not open 24 hrs, and the outdoor terrace is actually just outside of the building but not the street, rather to an interior car park. Noise is "regulated" but one night some guys were partying in the dorm next room.

According to the locals my group talked to, this place is nicknamed "the bat cave." The value for the money is pretty good considering you're paying 7-8 pounds a night. I mean, what are you actually expecting to get with that price? The location was really good, in the heart of the city so that's a bonus. But for a place called "the linen house" the linens sucked. You have to pay for towels and the pillows were flatter than my hat. And all of the beds creak so it's tough sleeping. Good luck!

• 7th Feb 2014

There is no heating in the rooms! We were freezing during the night!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Very unfriendly staff. Have clearly had some bad experiences with guests before so everything is very heavily restricted to the point that you pay for other's bad behaviour. Some protests started up whilst we were there (January 2014) and the staff were extremely unhelpful and rude when we queried our safety and suggested that we should have read up about the area we were staying in before. A police barricade was set up 1 metre from the front door, next to the IRA pub situated next to the hostel

• 31st Jan 2014

I had no issues with this hostel. After looking at the reviews I was leery about staying here. It was the cleanest kitchen I have ever seen. With a large hostel is was quiet at night as well. The shower thing would suck when the hostel is completely full. Great location!

I read a lot of negative comments before about there is no hot water and the staff is rude and hostel is dirty. After my visit to tell the truth I had no idea what they were talking about. The staff were nice, room was clean, there was hot water. The only negative was the coffee. It taste was horrible.

Fantastic location, really wearth to recommend it. Thanks Nina&Slawek

There was a person sleeping in our room as soon as we checked in when we were promised a room to our own, when telling the owner his reply was ' dont worry he will be gone soon ' Bed bugs everywhere When asking for our passports back from the owner upon leaving he replied ' where are they ' Overall a dump.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Wales

It is just like a few minutes walk from the main street of Belfast and is really close to the bus stop in North Street if you are getting to Belfast from Derry by taking the Translink Goldlink Goldline 212 bus, something like 2 minutes :) However, there is no power socket in the room, they just have 2 power sockets in the corridor outside my room and so if you want to use them you must either use the ones in the corridor or the ones in the lobby. No wifi signals in the room but only inthe lobby.

the room that i got was damp smelly very cold and so un clean ..will not be returning...true saying you only get what you pay for

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Unfortunately the Linen House Hostel was overbooked leaving us to stay in a 8-bed instead of a 4-bed room. The "discount" they offered us was the normal price for the 8-bed room. Although the staff was apologetic about it, we were very unhappy with the management and the overbooking policy. There weren't enough duvets in the room either. The facilities were filthy and the shower was freezing and simply stopped working after around 4 people. It is very cheap, but after our stay we knew why.

• 7th Dec 2013

We were booked into stay for 3 nights but could only manage to stay for 1 as the smell from the toilets were appauling.. which was due to the fact that when we woke up in the morning there was no running water so toilets were not flushing or facilities to get washed. We gave them the benefit of the doubt and went out shopping, to return 5 hours later and still nothing had been done to fix this.. After some persuading we were able to get our money back for remaining nights. NOT RECCOMENDED!

• 5th Dec 2013