The Linen House Hostel Reviews

18-20 Kent Street, Belfast BT1 2JA, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Freezing water, no heat in rooms, no electricity in rooms.

It wasn't much for atmosphere if you are a young backpacker travelling alone, most of the people there seemed to be quite a bit older and living there. Still you get what you pay for and was insanely cheap. Would recommend splashing out for a female dorm if you're a lady, definitely glad I did!

No security at night, party in the room next door, 2 extra euro for breakfast and no free computer access made me to give no real recommendation for linen hostel. For a short stay its okay.

• 9th Nov 2013

The rooms smelled incredibly bad, there was an enormous amount of noise, the hostel was overbooked so instead of staying in the double room I booked with my girlfriend I had to stay in a dorm, someone stole my bed before I got home that night and I had to move to a different bed, the pans in the kitchen were rusty and almost unusable, someone stole my food out of the fridge - even though properly labeled - and the downstairs lounge felt more like a dungeon than cozy. Terrible. One of the worst.

WE CALLED THE POLICE. Next to our room there was a group of guys that tried to enter into our room several times while we were trying to sleep. We talked to the staff 3 times and did not do anything. The guys were banging the doors, knocking at our door, hittinG the walls and disturbing us until 4.30 am when we decided to call the police because the staff did not do anything. OVERBOOKED ROOMS. the staff put 10 people in a room for 8. There were rooms for 10 people with 15 people sharing beds.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Spain

room 1 the shower door needs a new shower and wasn't very clean the door was broken.

I have never seen a place like that. There was a lot of parties until 6am, very noise, the beds, the rooms and the bathrooms were very dirty and the staff was very rude with us. DON´T GO THERE. Nunca he visto un lugar como ese. Hubo un monton de fiestas en las habitaciones hasta las 6 de la mañana, el sitio era muy ruidoso. Las camas,las habitaciones y los baños estaban muy sucios y el personal muy grosero. Lo peor de lo peor. NO VAYAIS.

In general, the hostel was nice, safe and at a good location. However, the living room area on the ground floor had not enough room to accommodate high numbers of people. Even though the basement room was quite big but it wasn't open 24 hrs. and the atmosphere was quite creepy down there.

1 2 Next » last »