The Little Pub Backpackers Reviews

17 Hindley Street, Adelaide, Australia

Not a bad place, but it's a pub, not a hostel. No real common area. The only place i met people was in the dorm rooms. The staff are friendly but they are trained as pub staff, not hostel staff.

Kitchen's dirty, not convenient, managers are neither nice nor helpful, only 3 showers for the whole hostel guests. You have to share one of the bathrooms with pub customers. Luckily I met amazing people there, and it was cheap.

Nice hostel, what you expect.. Staff incredibly rude, only stayed for one night but got rudely barged in on by a man (in a female dorm)waking us up and declaring we needed to leave as we passed the check out time. I explained we hadn't been told times and he just said it was in the contract and stormed out. We go downstairs to check out and got the same treatment from the woman insisting we had signed it even though I insisted we hadn't. She checked and sure enough we hadnt but no appology.

• 14th Nov 2015

Didn't spend much time at the little pub other then sleep. The room itself was fine but glad I didn't have to shower or use any amenities here.

Although this will sound like a bad review we didn't have a bad experience at this hostel. This small hostel is as stated above a pub, however this pub is full of locals and pokie players. Not a friendly backpacker atmosphere at all. There was a used condom in the girls bathroom for about 5 days at least (this bathroom is used by everyone in the pub as it is on the corridor that you access the balcony from). Great location on hindley street. The girl with the blue hair was really helpful too.

All good for a great price. Awesome location and the accomodation was what I had expected.

I only stayed the night but I didn't get shown around wasn't sure what doors I could use and where the kitchen was, bathroom wasn't very nice but usable

weakness: the bathrooms need absolutely refurbishment. The kitchen also is not so great. And avoid this hostel if you look for a quiet place,expecially on weekends... Strenghts: is cheap,is 1 minute by walking from Rundle Mall,the laundry is FREE (both washing and dryer,very very rare in OZ....)

The one guy, who worked there as a cleaner, was rude and unfriendly as hell...why the f...is he working in an hostel, if he obviously hate other people?! the reception was also not friendly guys...search a job, which makes you happy or do sth. else, money isn´t everything....

• 14th Jun 2015