The Little Pub Backpackers Reviews

17 Hindley Street, Adelaide, Australia

The one guy, who worked there as a cleaner, was rude and unfriendly as hell...why the f...is he working in an hostel, if he obviously hate other people?! the reception was also not friendly guys...search a job, which makes you happy or do sth. else, money isn´t everything....

• 14th Jun 2015

When it rained it the room leaked from the ceiling. The staff didn't really seem to care much about this. found the staff very unfriendly and not very welcoming. It's cheap so you get what you pay for.

• 15th Apr 2015

The balcony was great. I couldn't connect to the WiFi. Lots of slot machines. Room had its own sink which was excellent! Female bathroom was odd. Room was clean enough and a good bed.

the room was a mess when we arrived... people that had been staying there a while took up half the room

Really unfriendly staff and low security. It is a Casino and Backpackers the same time, and any guest of the bar walk around the rooms. Many drunken people and the facilities are not really clean. Only goo thing is the price, location and free laundry and wifi.

• 20th Mar 2015

There was't enough power. So I could not charge my phone. There were only one shower booth. But you can do free laundry & dry. We stayed near the street, so we could use free city wi-fi in the room.

It's really cheap and a great location, however the staff are short and rude at times as they serve you from the pokies bar. My bed didn't have a ladder for the top bunk, there's only one shower and bathroom for the girls. There is a bar though and the beds are made for you

Pleasantly surprised with this place. The Ritz it ain't, but for $19 a night it's not at all bad. Situated in the North of the CBD it's perfect for visiting attractions around the North Terrace and North Adelaide. It is loud at night, especially during weekends, so I recommend ear plugs if you want to sleep before 4am. Kitchen, toilets and showers could use a bit of a sprucing up but acceptable for the price of the place. Not a bad place at all if you're on a budget.

This was pretty much what I expected for the price I paid. I really only needed a place to sleep at night and it was sufficient for that purpose. On the first night (a Saturday), there was a lot of noise coming up through the floor from the bar downstairs, but this was not the case on the other nights I stayed. One of the showers only gave cold water, but I tried a different one and it was hot. I was happy enough with my stay.

• 7th Mar 2015

This backpackers is very cheap and very poorly maintained. It is clean but not ultra clean. The walls are dirty and the bathrooms are only fashioned. There are only two toilets for females and one female shower for the whole hostel. The place is good value for money for the location which is central and convenient. The place is above a pokies so if you don't like gambling this isn't the place for you. Overall a 2 out of 10.

• 4th Mar 2015

The place is dirty but the beds are clean. It needs a vacuum and a paint and a good clean. Otherwise it is a lot cheaper than the rest and across the road from rundall mall. You can only get wifi on the balcony. The lockers don't fit a small backpacker so are non existant.

No internet...

Had a great stay there! Only the showers are a bit dirty. But nothing much to worry about. Would stay there anytime again.

Reading the other reviews I was a bit apprehensive about staying here but for value for money this hostel is perfect. The hostel is not filthy just quite old. I bumped into the receptionist at 7 30 and he was clearing the ash trays and wiping down all the tables in the tv room which is located on outside balcony. The rooms are very hot but we were supplied with a fan which helped the situation. Staff are also very helpful and friendly by showing me around the whole hostel when I checked in.

• 20th Feb 2015

Excellent position and cheap. Not clean at all (bathroom). Bedroom on the average. Free wifi.

Place was absolutely filthy, kitchen was grimy, bathroom made me feel dirty (I had to lock the door by wedging it closed with a knife because it's too much effort to replace the lock). Hairs everywhere. Room wasn't cleaned at all during our 6 night stay not even bin change. Beds were most uncomfortable. "Free wifi" - pretty sure it doesn't belong to them. Vent in room pumps horrible smell into and you can't control temperature or when it's on, so noisy at night. Rude staff. Worst hostel ever.