The Little Pub Backpackers Reviews

17 Hindley Street, Adelaide, Australia

This place is budget and on top of a pub so there are some things you have to expect... However... By far the dirtiest place I have stayed in Australia and one of dirtiest in all Asia. Well below expectations... to be honest I was surprised that they are allowed to rent out this level of accommodation. Kitchen is a pretty bad joke although there is a stove everything is an absolute mess and again worst in Australia I have personally been too. Location and price however are great!

• 31st Jan 2016
  • China

Good hostel in a great location. It's above a pub with a bottle shop and there's a balcony overlooking the street so it's a good place to have a cheap drink. It's no Mayfair hotel though, it's a bed for the night with the necessary facilities. If you want absolute luxury then go next door

No one was at the reception when I arrived. A piece of paper hanged at the door said "call this number" so I did few times but no one replied. I ended up staying in a different place.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Great for one night. Location was perfect.

Best location in the city, was clean enough and the beds were good. Above a pub so suited our needs very well

Location is great as it's settled right on the main bar strip in Adelaide. Staff was helpful and nice. Facilities could have been better as there is limited amount for guest potential. Security is pretty lax as there was quite a few random homeless people from the street who managed to get the back door passcode. Overall not a bad stay while going though town.

Not a bad place, but it's a pub, not a hostel. No real common area. The only place i met people was in the dorm rooms. The staff are friendly but they are trained as pub staff, not hostel staff.

Kitchen's dirty, not convenient, managers are neither nice nor helpful, only 3 showers for the whole hostel guests. You have to share one of the bathrooms with pub customers. Luckily I met amazing people there, and it was cheap.

Nice hostel, what you expect.. Staff incredibly rude, only stayed for one night but got rudely barged in on by a man (in a female dorm)waking us up and declaring we needed to leave as we passed the check out time. I explained we hadn't been told times and he just said it was in the contract and stormed out. We go downstairs to check out and got the same treatment from the woman insisting we had signed it even though I insisted we hadn't. She checked and sure enough we hadnt but no appology.

• 14th Nov 2015

Didn't spend much time at the little pub other then sleep. The room itself was fine but glad I didn't have to shower or use any amenities here.

Although this will sound like a bad review we didn't have a bad experience at this hostel. This small hostel is as stated above a pub, however this pub is full of locals and pokie players. Not a friendly backpacker atmosphere at all. There was a used condom in the girls bathroom for about 5 days at least (this bathroom is used by everyone in the pub as it is on the corridor that you access the balcony from). Great location on hindley street. The girl with the blue hair was really helpful too.

All good for a great price. Awesome location and the accomodation was what I had expected.

I only stayed the night but I didn't get shown around wasn't sure what doors I could use and where the kitchen was, bathroom wasn't very nice but usable

weakness: the bathrooms need absolutely refurbishment. The kitchen also is not so great. And avoid this hostel if you look for a quiet place,expecially on weekends... Strenghts: is cheap,is 1 minute by walking from Rundle Mall,the laundry is FREE (both washing and dryer,very very rare in OZ....)