The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

I was really happy with my stay here. There's no faulting this place from my experience. Except the comedian, he was rubbish. Though he was just a guest at the hostel who was invited to perform for beer. Who wouldn't, the beer was really nice, especially the first complimentary on arrival which lead to a great first night. Cheers!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, good showers, tidy rooms, great security and fantastic bar staff / activities. 2 stops from Manhattan with a perfect view over the river. Don't stay anywhere else in NYC!

Nice Place for a long weekend trip

The staff was amazing! We weren't supposed to check in until 15h but we arrived there (driving from ky) at 3. They found out how far we drive and got us into a room as quickly as they could (around 5:30) so we could get some rest! Super awesom!

• 16th Jan 2015

One of the best hostel in the world, top clean, top rooms, top beds!

• 15th Jan 2015

very good for everything. great bang for the buck.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent place to stay, it was super clean, the staff were lovely (especially Matt and Hannah in the bar), nice chille atmosphere to come back to after the rush of NYC. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Very nice hostel. Clean, good facilities, good location.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Local. It is clean, the WiFi service works really good and the staff is so friendly and helpful. The rooftop view is overwhelming! I really liked the events at the bar such as open mice, live music and painting and drinking. The beds are really comfortable and warm enough even for NY winters.

Although a bit pricey, The Local is a lovely hostel that provides all the facilities needed to live comfortably. The location is great as the subway is located on the lines which connect to many of the major tourist attractions. The heating in our room was a little faulty, however it was fixed within a couple of hours after we notified the front desk, which was fantastic. Overall a nice place to stay

Thanks for letting us know about the heat! We're just experiencing our first winter here, so we're happy for the feedback (and even happier that it was something we could fix)! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you'll be back again.

An amazing place with a cool and friendly atmosphere. Having the coffee shop/bar is perfect. I can't wait for my next stay!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

It´s a great hostel. And, man, they have a bar. This is totally awesome!

• 31st Dec 2014

It was my first experience in a hostel and was great. The staff is excelent, the location is really close to Manhattan and the rooms are very good for the price. Great option for travelers.

• 30th Dec 2014

Great Hostel, very well located on Queens, just two subway stops from Manhattan. The Hostel have a very relaxed atmosphere, and you can always meet new people in the bar which is an ok bar for a couple of beers. Rooms comfortable and clean. I certainly recomend it.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Great facilities and great staff, but much more of a hotel than a hostel in many ways. Good bar area to meet other travelers though.

2 metro stop to the center of Manhattan, great helpful staff, nice kitchen, clean rooms and facilities. Great value for money!

Pros: Helpful staff, clean and very well-maintained rooms, airy common areas, convenient location (Manhattan is 1-2 subway stops away)... there's a nice bar which is great for socializing, but staff ensure things don't get too loud too late so your sleep isn't disturbed if you choose to crash early. I'd stay here again! Cons: Breakfast isn't included (not a huge deal, breakfast options nearby) and you have to pay $6.50 for a load of laundry (includes detergent charge) which is very steep!

Thanks for your review. Sorry you thought our laundry was expensive! It's slightly cheaper than the neighborhood laundromat, but sadly everything in NYC is a little pricey. Glad you enjoyed all of the other aspects of your stay! Thanks for staying with us!

My friend and I had a great stay - would definitely recommend it!

one of the best hostels I have stayed at!

• 16th Dec 2014

Thanks! The positive feedback really means a ton to everyone here!

Everything was great. Really cool hip space that reminds me of the incubator spaces in SF. Security was good, although I do agree with other commentators that I have seen the hallway key card doors propped open even late at night like 12am or 2am. Not sure the reason for this, but then again you still need the key card to get into the room so it's not a huge deal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7