The Local NYC Reviews

13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

Very good experience, just can recommend it further.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

I spent almost a week in The Local NY, the staff are helpful whenever I ask for the direction of different sightseeing spots. They always provide simple and direct suggestions to me. The facilities, like bathroom in the suite and the kitchen, are excellent. However, in one night one guest checked in very late , about 12am , and she keeps making noises , banging the doors very rudely late at night. I hope the staff would remain every guest to be quiet.

I enjoyed my stay at the Local. Located in Long Island City you get the opportunity to see a different side of New York. It was close to the subway, and the rooms and bathrooms were clean and modern. While all the staff were friendly and helpful, I want to give a special shout out to the lovely lady working the night shift on the 27 - 28th of July. Even at the crack of dawn she gave excellent service and made me a cup of tea while I waited for my cab. Delightful!

Barmaid babes

• 19th Jul 2015

Really nice place with nice people all around. Very close to midtown and close to a hip area in Queens--Hunters Point

I had a really good stay at The Local NYC. The staff were all really welcoming and friendly and went above and beyond to provide recommendations on where to go... Including a lengthy list of bars! I would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Excellent room facilities, helpful staff and clean environment featuring quiet study common. The only compromise is its location. This hostel is located in industrial district and neighborhood is generally safe. However, to get to lower Manhattan, you have to take 30 minutes train. Overall its excellent for the money and be sure visit their roof deck. Great view of Manhattan Skyline!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • China

I found this hostel had the best reviews, and it clearly deserved them. It has all you need and the staff is great, especially the bartender Hannah.

Decent ish

Aside from a select few front desk staff who spoke and looked like they didn't want to be working there, I would have to say this is a great hostel to stay at. It's clean, plently of daily activities (tours, movie nights, pub crawls etc) organised, excellent location 1 subway stop from Manhattan, excellent rooftop view if the Manhattan skyline and good facilities.

it was great experience!!

• 12th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

awesome place to stay at. everyone was very friendly and the bar was a great place to spend the last few moments of the night. the movie was pretty fun to relax and watch in the lobby. they always have special events going on everyday. the place is extremely clean and the beds are comfy. I would stay here again.

Clean and nice rooms, facilities It is located in Queens but it is not bad because New York is quite busy city. You need relaxing place when you get back from the city center. I highly recommend this hostel.

Absolutely fantastic, beyond expectation. Best Hostel experience yet.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Namibia

ThThe Local delivers in everything that matters. Having top-notch facilities, nice staff, affordable breakfasts and snacks, as well as a location close enough to Manhattan, it's a gem.

I've stayed in the Local NYC hostel for almost two weeks, and I loved it!! I met so many nice people, the atmosphere is fantastic, the staff is very friendly and helpfull and the rooms are very very nice! I think they should promote the rooftop more, because a lot of the other guest didn't know there was a rooftop.

Great hostel, locker under bed included with stay. Towel and clean sheets provided. Location is as good as it gets outside of Manhattan. Staff all very friendly. Will stay again.

Awesome youth hostel to stay! The dormitory are clean and comfortable. The location is great (less than 10 minutes walk from 3 subway stations), line E is 3 minutes walk away. The staff is also very helpful to answer questions :-) Great rooftop as well! I highly recommend to stay at the local NY!

• 2nd Jul 2015

great spot,room was good. storage for a few carry ons and small luggage. bed was comfortable. In fact the whole facility was very clean and functional. The staff was exceptional , friendly and helpful. it was quiet when I needed sleep as was the neighbourhood.and the coffee,espresso bar was available and I recommend you indulge in the cafe. wi-fi avail. They exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again if I were to travel to NYC again. Manhatten is only a brief train ride away.

This was my best hostel experience. Great staff and also comfortable beds! When you travelling solo you met a lot of travellers in the bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7