The Local NYC Reviews

13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

I definitely recommend staying here! Pros: Reasonable prices Have to swipe your key card to get in to your room A large storage box with a lock is provided under the bed Everything is very clean Beds are very comfortable and have plugs right near the end of the bed frame (even the top bunks) Lovely views of the city Only a couple blocks from the subway Luggage storage before your check in and after you check out is only a $1 a day and $5 for overnight Cons: It's in Queens

• 21st Feb 2015

The hostel is still close to Manhattan and easy to reach by Metro. The rooms are well designed, only the heating in the rooms is very noisy. Some more cooking plates and cups in the kitchen would improve the kitchen.

Great spot! Highly reccomended. Lovely staff.

Really close to a subway station, easy to get into town, spacious, great wifi, super comfy bed. Couldn't have asked for much more.

• 19th Feb 2015

Extremely clean, very close to city centre, friendly staff, overall a great experience. If I'm back to NY, I'll definitely use this location again.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Save your time, don't read other hostels' reviews - I've already done the job for you. Book your stay at the Local - for the money you pay, it's the best place to stay in NYC. The Local is very quiet in dorms, but if you want to hang out with other guests - there's a great bar. It was clean, although I found some hair on my fresh linens on first day - so they could pay more attention to details. The metro is ~5' walking and it's only 1 station from Manhattan.

Does feel a bit far from Manhattan if you like to go out late but overall clean, safe and would recommend.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

One of the best. Highly recommended!

there are unfortunentry nice stuff!

Great Place. Very nice staff, Clean rooms, nice bar. Close to the subway, supermarket and a few good places to eat.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Just letting my fellow backbackers know you cant drink your own beer at the hostel and have to buy all alkohol at the hostel bar$$

Yep that is true! Because we have a liquor license, we don't permit outside alcohol. That said, our prices are WAY cheaper than anything you'll find in the rest of the city. We have a full range of American craft beers, Spanish wines, and hard alcohol.

The only thing I didn't like it was the kitchen. I think it wast big enough. they should have more space and the fact they don't have a regular stove/cook makes it harder to cook (they have two electric stoves and one was broken). Having said that. The rooms were very good, the heating worked perfectly. I was never cold, and when I was there we got a nasty snowstorm. The bar is awesome and the staff is so willling to help you. I think it was one of the best hostels I've been.

Awesome Hostel, ignore the comments about the location, once you figure out the subway system you have easy access to major lines that can take you anywhere in the city. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the hostel is clean, tidy and new, beds are very comfortable as well.

• 31st Jan 2015

it was not what i expected when someone told me about it at other hostel. its an artistic endevor not as commercial as others. well rooms are not so big but they were designed efficiently the down stairs has a lot of space and free computers makes it a plus cause i don't have a laptop.. and a bar. one free drink, but the kitchen lacked a real stove. and single hot plate to warm food and well two microwaves and had fridges was ok also. having a bathroom shower with two showers . a +.

Loved the place, wish I have more time there.

Cool place!!

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

I was really happy with my stay here. There's no faulting this place from my experience. Except the comedian, he was rubbish. Though he was just a guest at the hostel who was invited to perform for beer. Who wouldn't, the beer was really nice, especially the first complimentary on arrival which lead to a great first night. Cheers!

it definitely was great staying at local NYC.

I was here for a a seven day trip (First time to NYC) and I wouldn't trade coming here for any Hostel in the city. The staff was amazing and very welcoming, and the environment is everything one would need if your sleeping during the night and exploring the city during the day. Only real complaint was that the address on the site was incorrect (hopefully it's corrected by now), and the portable burner in the kitchen was on the fritz. Very close to Court Square Subway, and few Grocery stores.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, good showers, tidy rooms, great security and fantastic bar staff / activities. 2 stops from Manhattan with a perfect view over the river. Don't stay anywhere else in NYC!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7