The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, New York, USA

When I went to book my hostel in New York all the hostels in Manhattan were full, so I decided to book The Local and for me was the best thing that happened. The hostel is great! Everything is pretty new, the bed is very comfortable, they have bathrooms inside and outside the dorm, the internet is fast, the neighborhood is very calm and beautiful and the price is great!!! Definitely I recommend this hostel! When I go back to New York I'll stay here again!

Quite new and clean Hostel near the Court Sq-23 St subway station which is not far from Manhattan. The four bed dorms have a small separate bathroom included. The view from the rooftop is nice.

• 3rd Apr 2014

It was my first time staying at a Hostel and was pleasantly surprised, the staff was accommodating a friendly.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The Local NYC was an amazing find. It was very nice, new

• 2nd Apr 2014

Great hostel best one I have ever been to in USA.

• 31st Mar 2014

I had great time there. It was new place and everything was carefully designed. The bar, the internet and computer section, the kitchen etc.. Everywhere was designed to increase communication between the people. The staff were friendly and helpful. Ask anything that bothers you, the wifi, your luggages, your room, which place to go... anything. easy to access (1 min walk after subway), easy acces from airports. Easy access to Manhattan (15 min with subway) and cheap restaurants/markets arround.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

We had a flying visist to new york, enjoyed our 1 nigtht stay here. Staff were fantatsic really helpful, rooms spot on very modern and clean. Down stairs lounge area very funky :-) mixed age group so we didnt feel old and outof place (35 and 36 Yrs) Handy for the sub way.

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was friendly (shout out to Aramie), the spaciousness of the hostel, the availability for guest computers and desk area were immaculate. Although this is minor, I was charged a $1 dollar for holding my baggage after checkout. I have stayed at many establishments and this was a first occurrence. Other than that, I was overall happy.

This was the best hostel that I have ever stayed in! SUPER clean, the staff is awesome and location as well. Definetely when i'm gonna go back there!

• 27th Mar 2014

The location is not in Manhattan, but still very convenient. We arrived on a Wednesday, which was live music night - very cool! The common areas were good, and the staff was cool. They have free computers to use, and you can print for free, which was useful for checking into our flight. Everything in this hostel is brand new and high quality.

Wonderful spot!

• 20th Mar 2014

Love this cute and fancy hostel!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • China

This is one of the best Hostel I had ever been to in NYC. It may look a little scary at the neighborhood because it is an industrial area, but it is very safe and a very short walk fro the subway. I only wish they have room to accomondate two guests that does not share the same bed. This is clean fun and friendly staffs. A huge hostel.

Staff was super friendly and gave advice on where to visit, what to eat. The bar is a nice place to meet people. Big kitchen if you need it. Free locker with a free lock included.

This is a GREAT hostel!! everything is so nice and clean. The staff is so nice and helpful! This is really good value for money. There facilities are big and nice and they have computers with internet in the lounge and a security locker for every guest in the room. It´s one of the best hostels I´ve stayed at (And i´ve tried many!) It might be a bit tricky to find the street, but call them or google the exact address before.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel and all brand new. Staff were super friendly and willing to go out of their way to help out.

• 23rd Feb 2014

On a very spontaneous road trip to NYC, The Local had the cheapest rooms available so we booked them and it turned out to be great! The person who checked us in was super friendly and was able to arrange it so that we all stayed together in the same room even though we had made separate reservations. The location was great, in Queens just a couple blocks away from the subway for easy access into Manhattan. There was free on street parking one block away and my car was fine there.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you chose us, and I hope you'll be back soon!

This is a new hostel and I highly recommend it as an option for whoever doesn't 'have to' be in Manhattan. Close to the subway station (just one station away from Manhattan's Lexington Ave btw), quite convenient for trips to/from the airport likewise. Staff was outstanding and always wanted to make sure everyone understood they were under their soft opening period. I'd definitely go back and stay there again. All the luck, you guys!

Thanks for your kind review. We hope to have everything in full swing as soon as possible. Definitely come back again soon!

perfect place, perfect staff.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Egypt

Thanks! We were very happy to host you and hope you come back to The Local soon!

I was one of the first guests! The hostel is GREAT. The common space is huge. The rooms are really clean. They give you locks and sheets/towels are on the beds already. Feels more like a hotel. I can't wait to come back when the bar is in full swing.

• 30th Jan 2014