The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

Good location, great facilities, friendly stuff, clean and lot of activities.

Great clean hostel. Very welcoming with a cool atmosphere. Would highly recommend it.

great hostel, convenient location near subway stop. very clean staff are great and has bar/caffe downstairs.

I definitely liked this hostel. I made easily friends there! Everything is very good there. I just hat little ideas what they could to better (like a little shelf at the bed for phone, glasses) and the staff were open to accept the ideas cause it's just a new hostel (6 month old). They have a really nice area downstairs!!. I didn't used the kitchen (I normally do) so I really appreciate that there is one. One of the best things you can go on the roof and have a nice little view on Manhatta.

Thanks for you comments! We definitely appreciate any ideas on how to make the hostel better. I'm glad you found making friends easy. That's something we really love! We'll look into getting shelves by the beds. That would be a great addition. I hope we'll see you again soon!

The staff were very helpful in getting us to the Today Show at ungodly hours of the morning to avoid subway closures and things and were just in general so kind and welcoming. Everything was really nice and clean. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

• 20th Jul 2014

My impression of the hostel is very cool, fashionable and well organized. Location is I'd say that not very convenient comparing staying in Manhattan - not much shops around there.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel! Only about 5 train stops away from Times Square. Staff were nice and there's a really nice feel to the place. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• 18th Jul 2014

The Local is a fantastic Hostel. Everything is very modern. Great large social space with different zones whether you just want to chill out or socialise and have a beer at the bar, the hostel is very accommodating. Staff are very friendly and helpful with suggestions on things to do. Location in Queens is super close to Subway / Manhattan. All in all, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Great place to stay! Really nice people at reception and bar! Loved the live music!

• 16th Jul 2014

Everything was very clean, comfortable and the staff were nice. We did have a ridiculous problem though. Our flight to New York had been cancelled three times so we were not able to check-in on the night we had booked for. We called and told them and at the time said we could not have a refund due to policy. When we did arrive they had booked our rooms that night so we could not check-in after no sleep for 36 hours and STILL had to pay for that night. This is absolutely ridiculous and unfair.

I'm really sorry this happened. We rearranged some groups on the night that you cancelled so when you arrived the next morning, we did not have three clean beds in the same room for you. We assumed you'd prefer to stay in one room, which is why it took a little longer to check you in. If we'd known you wanted to sleep so badly, we definitely could have checked you into three separate rooms! I'm glad that didn't stop you from enjoying The Local, and I hope we can make it up to you next time.

Super excellent staff who knows the city and great bartenders. Great atmosphere.

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for a wonderful stay. The staff were awesome! Very helpful, professional, and outgoing.

• 14th Jul 2014

Excellent stay!

Awesome place to stay at if you would like to meet a few people and get out of busy Manhatten. Awesome bar downstairs as well as a chill out area and free fast wifi. Rooms were really clean and beds were the best I've ever had at a hostel. Only downside is that it is located out of manhatten and you have to catch the subway in. However, 5th av is only 2 stops away and trains run regularly. A taxi will cost about $20 with tip to get back. Overall, one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

• 12th Jul 2014

I love this hostel, nice people, excelent service, the hostel is very clean also, you must stay here and enjoy the bar :)

The Local NYC is a great and comfy place in Queens and not too far from two subway stops making it a great location to get to Manhattan. Staff is super nice and friendly and the facilities are top notch. A great place to save and tour NYC or to just come and have a drink at the bar! I'd definitely recommend staying there (and I plan to whenever I head back!).

• 11th Jul 2014

Really friendly staff and easy to meet people. Fine if you eat out but kitchen is quite small and can get busy. Free pancakes in the morning though!

Amazing location, easy to get into city, lots of subway stations near, staff super helpful with recommendations and tips. The vibe here was amazing, super chill and relaxed. Rooms were very nice, best rooms I've seen in my travels. Would definitely stay here again

Such a great , modern, fun hostel! The staff were really helpful/ happy, we extended our stay by one night and it was no problem at all. The four bed dorm, had it's own air con unit which you could control and the beds we super comfy and clean. Each bed also had a socket and lamp There was great events in the evenings, like trivia, where we won the $50 bar tab! There is also a rooftop where you can get a great view of Manhattan. Excellent bar and atmosphere, thanks to the staff mainly Matt!

• 9th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a good location! About a 5 minute walk to one subway station and a 10 minute walk to another; 5 min subway ride to MOMA and Central Park. Staff was friendly and helpful. There's a lot of space to hang out. Most importantly, the rooms were clean and well arranged. Each person has their own locker and towel hanger. The toilet, sink, and shower are ALL separate so all three can be used simultaneously. Great experience overall.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7