The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

I loved staying at the Local. Very helpful staff. I might also mention that the place is unusually clean for a hostel. That was important to me :) Very close to two subway stations that made access to the city really easy. Also, the beds were among the most comfortable I stayed in. You should give it a shot!

• 14th Oct 2014

The LOCAL NY in Queens, NYC was conveniently located near subway transportation. It has a bar which was a plus. The JoyRide bicycle rental business was only one block away. It delivered bicycles to the hostel as well as picked them up which was a nice service. NYC is ranked #1 in the USA for bike-friendly cities so bicycling should be considered. NYC has many affordable dining/take-out options and Queens was no exception.

• 8th Oct 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, particularly Matt behind the bar! Good atmosphere when the social areas are busy.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Best Hostel I stayed in while in North America. Great staff and everyone really friendly. Trivia great fun on Thurs and great way to meet fellow travellers. Defo the place to stay while in NYC.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you'll be back soon!

Amazing place to stay in NY. It`s very close to the metro station(2-3 minutes),in a safe area and also close to Manhattan (5-6 metro stations to Times Square). It`s not the cheapest but for sure it`s one of the best options if you`re looking for a hostel in NY. It was my first experience in a hostel and it was great I would definitely go back there next time when I`ll be in NYC. Keep up the good work , guys ! Greetings from Romania ! ^_^

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Romania

I have nothing to complaint, the girls in the reception are super nice!!! Super friendly. Location is quite good, super market 5 minutes walk, the stove in the kitchen can be improved though. Also a bit too expensive but I booked it on the last minutes.

This is a great hostel for a stay in NYC. A little pricier, but you get what you pay for. This place has a really nice atmosphere, with a bar/coffee shop attached & there always seemed to be stuff going on from live music to art installations! The dorm was perfect with huge locker space, and the bathroom/toilet separated from the sleeping are so youre not woken up by other backpackers getting ready in the morning! The kitchen was a little small and lacked facilities, but overall fantastic!

Good location and friendly staff!

• 20th Sep 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is too small. The location is good for taking subway to Manhattan

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

Awesome place! My friend and I were a bit nervous about staying here with our two moms, but we couldn't beat the price and local for a 4-person private room, so we took the chance and went for it. It was EXCELLENT. Both moms, after overcoming their (unnecessary) fears were very happy with the place. The only thing I could possibly think of to suggest would be that the place have a few more shelves -- just in the shower area and sink area. We were a bit short on space to put things.

Easily on of the best hostels I've stayed in, although you do pay for it. Staff are really friendly and helpful, and the rooms are great. The downstairs bar is awesome, with a good beer selection. While I was there they had live music, a pub quiz, and even a art exhibition incorporating sculpture, music and dance. It's a cool place.

Overall a very positive experience, staff were really pleasant and helpful, location very close to the subway for easy access to manhattan . The only fault was that the labelled food I left in the fridge yogurts, milk, fruit etc was stolen :(

• 10th Sep 2014

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Nice hostel, very clean.

• 9th Sep 2014

not in manhatten, but very close! close to subway station, takes only 10min to manhatten i like that they have computer u can use for free! especially if u travel without laptop

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you'll be back at The Local soon!

This place was fantastic! One subway away from Manhattan with a wonderful view from their rooftop terrace. Rooms were quiet, secure and very comfortable. The bar downstairs was great for a beer in the evening and a relax after a long day of exploring. Staff were really helpful - from providing directions to calling taxis. I would def stay again - and I will be advising friends to stay here for when they travel to NYC!

I was a little concerned staying in Queens but it was very inexpensive taking a cab to a more central area. The staff was wonderful, the bar had wonderful espresso and the rooftop has an amazing view. The locker was large, the hostel was clean and has something to offer every night. One bummer is they give you a drink ticket only redeemable during a certain time which wasnt very desirable. All in all, i would return!

Thank you very much Guys, My stay because of you went to really good to amazing I will come back and recommend your hostel :)

• 1st Sep 2014

The Local is a big hostel in a quiet district close to 2 metro stations. Facilities are great: chill out zone, big kitchen, bar, 5 pcs for common use, places for laptop use. 24 hrs reception. Comfortable beds. Roomcleaning every day, not always elaborated. Storage of luggage after check out for a small fee. Helpful staff. Would stay again.'

Thanks for the feedback. We'll speak to our housekeeping staff about this immediately and rectify this going forward. I hope you enjoyed your stay at The Local otherwise, and I really appreciate the honest review.

Great location right with easy access from subway. Facilities were clean and new. Good relatively cheap spot to stay close to the city.

• 30th Aug 2014

Fantastic, clean, modern hostel with amazing bar for socialising. The only downsides were the price (but it's just New York prices), and one of the bartenders who would rudely demand tips rather than offering service that deserves them.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7