The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

The Local NYC is a great hostel. It seems it has opend quite recently as everything inside (kitchen, bathrooms, beds) is quite new. The rooms are spacious and there are only 4 people in a room. Each room has separate bathroom which is nice. AC works very well. Security is also good because each room is locked and opened with a special card. There are also lockers in rooms. Kitchen is well equipped. Reception works 24/7 so you can arrive anytime. Very close to Metro "E" - easy to get to Manhattan

Is a great hostel,

Such a nice surprise to show up to after a long journey from Australia. Our flight arrived at 1am which meant we got to the hostel at about 3am and warmly welcomed by the 24 hour reception staff. A real treat.

A great place to stay in NY

• 17th Aug 2014

Staying at this hostel feels more like staying at a hotel! My friend and I couldn't have asked for more from our stay it was incredible. The staff were so helpful, printing off directions for us if we asked. It was really handy at a small $5 fee we were able to leave our bags there over night only to return two days later back to the same hostel. I would reccomend booking early as a few people got turned away while we were there as it is just so great there were no beds left! Perfect location!

Kitchen and laundry room were small, too crowded in the kitchen in the morning when I cooked breakfast. The rooftop view of the skyline wasn't that great and it did seem overpriced compared to other hostels. On the other hand everything was clean, the rooms were nice, and the staff super chill. Next time I'll stay somewhere less expensive

Awesome! Very modern and clean.

Apart from the location (which really is not a hassle once you arrived), this hostel is a gem! Awesome brand new hostel with friendly staff, good wifi, super cold aircond, and extra large locker! I wish that the hostel is served by Airport Shuttle Express in the near future! Maybe if the hostel could help arrange for airport pickup, that would be really awesome!

Totally worth the money for modern rooms with private bathrooms and great housekeeping service. Feels more like a hotel in that sense, but the bar was really fun so still really sociable. Party on the roof with a dj was amazing. You're one stop in the subway from manhattan.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in to date !! Leagues above everything else for location, accessibility and then the facilities and atmosphere are unbelievable. The bar downstairs is ideal for having a cheap drink and meeting some interesting people. The roof terrace is also a gem with a great view over manhatten. Will definitely be staying here again when I come to NYC.

Great place. Great staff. Great city

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Russia

Clean modern hostel in a good location. Rooms were spacious and were equipped with full bathrooms. Only a 3 block walk to the subway which gets you to Manhattan in 1 stop. Huge common areas but difficult to socialise n meet new people there. I would recommend this place as great value in NY.

I ve been to about 20 hostels so far, this was the best! equipment and staff get A+

Great! Post-industrial location, nice roof deck and very cool design of both shared space and rooms. Smart room layout (toilet and shower are separated), beds are comfortable..just little bit of noise.. Lots of things to do, near to the subway station and diners. I'll come back!

I had a really good time at the local hostel! There is a program for the whole week and besides of the really nice staff, the guests were also very friendly. The only thing that could be improved, is that providing breakfast for the guest would be a very good deal! I would definitely go back to this hostel.

This is a very nice, clean hostel where I met some cool people, and the staff are friendly as well. I would stay here again. Coming back to quiet Queens was always nice after busy Manhattan nights.

The location is not far from Manhattan. But since I was alone and female, I was afraid of the darkness and silence near the hostel. I thought there was almost nothing :'(. But other things were exellent! I loved the mattress :-)

• 26th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

TAX IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE WHEN BOOKING A SPACE AT THIS HOSTEL, THE ADDED AMMOUNT TO OUR TRAVEL BUDGET WAS QUITE SIGNIFICANT. THIS WAS SURPRISING TO ME AS I DIDNT EXPERIENCE THIS PREVIOUSLY WITH HOSTELWORLD BOOKINGS, AND THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING SPECIFIC TO THIS HOSTEL. TAX IS 14,75% OF TOTAL + 3,5 USD PER NIGHT Except from this we had only positive experiences with the hostel. The staff is incredibly friendly. The location is great. Its clean and new. And the bar is cool.

Best hostel I have ever been to.

For the price, the place was an absolute steal. Eon suite bathroom and toilet made the experience much more pleasant. The rooms were very clean when I arrived and the staff were very helpful and friends. I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anybody who has not been to NY before.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7