The Local NYC Reviews

13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

My new favorite place to stay in NYC! Incredibly spacious. Occupies a renovated warehouse about two blocks from the subway. Rooms and beds are all brand now. Toilet and shower in every room. Good kitchen facilities. Although it is in Queens, it's only one subway stop to Manhattan. View of Midtown Manhattan from the roof. Neighborhood isn't exciting but seems safe.

Great Experience, I would definetely recommend for a friend.

Awesome! Very clean and new. Staff is so friendly and welcoming. Has cool bar/cafe and great hang out areas. Highly recommend.

Kitchen isn't really that great for cooking in, and is always very dirty. Over all a really good hostel, couldn't fult it and staff ever extremely helpful

The bed set was nicer than my own. Everything in this hostel is nice, great atmosphere. Hig recs

• 20th Jan 2016

I had wonderful time staying at The Local NYC. The room was good and every staff was helpful and friendly. I would appreciate more if there was water fountain though.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Hostel is well maintained and clean. Its location is not the best - far away from Manhattan but close to a subway. I guess I was here at a wrong time - I felt like the company was quite boring (most hostelites were busy with their devices and such) and although there was loud music, the participation was lacking. I have been in way more fun hostels before - guess that changes with the company you keep. Some staff could have been more friendly - one staff member treated customers like convicts

Good and clean stay!!!

• 16th Jan 2016

One of the cleanest and most modern hostels I've stayed in. Reasonable location, not close to bars or nightlife, however subway system is not too far.

Good hostel. Staff were alright, not the friendliest. The hostel's not in the best part of Queens, but inside felt very safe.

I loved this hostel. Friendly staff when i arrived, the rooms are clean and comfortable, each has a bathroom. Convenient location: subway station is just a block away. It's about 10-15 min away from Times Square and Rockefeller Center.

• 14th Jan 2016

Great hostel, easy to access, very friendly and helpful staff, all the facilities you would need for a trip to the city and breathtaking view from the rooftop terrace! We had a great time!

• 13th Jan 2016

I really enjoyed my stay. We weren't actually at the hostel that much because we would get in so late each night and leave pretty early, but the rooms were so clean and the beds were very comfortable. I felt very safe and I liked how easy it was to get from Laguardia and to Manhatten! Very very good for the price!

• 9th Jan 2016

I mentioned this to the girls I was sharing with, hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! It was very clean and I loved that I had a shower in the room, it was an added bonus that just came in handy at the end of the day. The only thing I did find weird, was paying $1 for holding my bags. I get that it's only a dollar but didn't really understand the need to charge for it.

• 4th Jan 2016

Staff some times are rude and ignorant

Had a great experience, room is so comfort, staff was nice and the bar is excellent. Definitely one of my favorite.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

I received very good directions on how to get from the Amtrak station station to the hostel. When I arrived to my room I took a peak at my top bunk and initially thought I had no blanket but later went up to the bed and saw the blanket. I was satisfied with my three nights there. The front desk provided a lock for me to use inside my room. That was cool. I had three cool roommates. Two females from Malaysia but one of them moved to Germany and the other one is a student in North Carolina.

• 29th Dec 2015

Great hostel to stay at. The staff are lovely and happy to answer any questions. The hostel itself is very modern and close to a subway station which takes you directly to the city. Having a bar/cafe in the hostel was a great way to meet fellow travellers. Would reccomend to anyone travelling to New York.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is pretty close to the subway, however the actual area it is in is deserted and a bit eerie. I had read good reviews about the hostel and the bar, so was expecting a nice atmosphere to meet fellow travellers. Perhaps partly due to there not being that many the hostel though this was not the case. Some of the staff I asked for help were very nice but others were very quiet and stand-offish when you talked to them. Not a place I would go back to

i love this place and discover lic... and the area .. and that its in some warehouse . there is a bar there. they have comedy. i don't like pretentious people and it did not seem so. ih have stayed at pretentious hostels in nye. which don't rate to be so. i liked the free internet. however they could keep it maintain . better key boards . the kitchen was basic but if ur a camper u have to know how to microwave or hotplate chef and make due. its not to big. it was decent for size..

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6