The Local NYC

8.8
Fabulous 1720 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

Staff were helpful - I needed to change my reservation and they were extremely accommodating! Great view from the roof, awesome vibe at the bar - great hostel, in a not so great area. Was extremely nerve wracking coming back late at night unlik Manhattan! But would still recommend due to facilities :)

• Germany, Female, 31-40
15th Feb 2017

Stylish hostel with great common area- pretty social. The location is also nice. Great views on Manhatten from the rooftop and only one metro stop away from Midtown Manhatten. The staff was lovely. I'd stay here again for sure

13th Feb 2017
6.0

Cheap. Very noisy can hear people opening and closing doors all the time. Cold rooms and the heater makes alot of noise. The staff were not happy, they always seemed angry, except for one very nice and helpful lady in the reception. The bathroom is in a way in the room, so very low privacy. But its is really cheap and in NY, so value for money

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

The living area downstairs is fantastic; whether you're looking to sit at the bar and socialize or prefer solace and retreat to the library section, your needs are covered. Staff is super-friendly and helpful.

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th Feb 2017

This is my first time staying here and I am very impressed. The atmosphere was great, the facility was perfect and the staff friendly. I really enjoyed the ability to feel so relaxed.

• shelbyebass
  • USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

Great location - super easy to get to both Manhattan and Brooklyn. Very clean and safe, with lots of activities and a bar downstairs to boot!

• robincheetham
  • England, Male, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

Another great stay in the local NYC. All was good apart from the kid in my room who was literally coughing the whole week I was there. I think I caught his illness too. But anyway, great location and i recommend this place because of the rooftop. Stunning view of manhatten.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

I was super impressed with this hostel. From having the directions so well explained on their web page to checking out, the whole experience was great. The hostel itself is cool and modern with a bar and other areas to relax. Rooms are very basic but comfortable, clean and have their own lockers for luggage. I would 100% check back in when I'm back in New York!

• USA, Female, 41+
26th Jan 2017
5.4

The room was freezing. When I told the morning front desk staff that there was no heat, I was told that the heating and cooling units were connected and the air conditioning unit needed to be turned on in a certain way. Why didn' t the front desk staff who I met upon arrival tell me about the heat? I am almost froze to death and had a poor night of sleep? Sadly, it seems that the front desk staff is not concerned about your comfort and safety. I am sick thanks to the cold and no sleep,9

Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your feedback. We are certainly sorry that you were uncomfortable in your room when you stayed here in January. It does indeed get rather cold in New York City this time of year, and we make every effort to ensure the comfort of our guests. Each of our rooms has their own climate control system that guests can control to their preference. We will be inspecting the system in your room to ensure that it is functioning properly and take the appropriate action. Should you decide to return to The Local again, we are always happy to supply space heaters or extra blankets to guests who request them. Thank you once again, and we do hope to see you again soon!

18th Jan 2017

Nice staff, good atmosphere, nice facilities and cleanliness. The location is great, 2 minutes away from subway station.