Fabulous 1,283 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,283 Total Reviews
The Local NYC Located at 13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York.
USA
New York New York 11101 13-02 44th Avenue, Queens
89% 1283
40.7495327 -73.9475691
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th May 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at the Local NYC. The place looked chic, my room was clean and had outlets for charging at my bed. It came with the bed already made and a towel on there (which is nice, and not necessarily normal for a youth hostel). The lock to borrow was free too. Overall, I thought that the room price was costly (We paid close to $60 each), but also thought that it was clear where the money was going. For a youth hostel, this seems to be as good as it can get. Highly recommended!

• England, Female, 18-24
25th May 2016
7.4

Clean and comfortable beds

• Germany, Female, 31-40
24th May 2016

Good Hostel which makes a real effort to create a cool but welcoming atmosphere...sometimes a bit too cool. Rooms are spacious and clean. Drive into town about 30min by tube.

• USA, Female, 41+
19th May 2016

Your spot is my new go to place to stay o my short trips to NYC area. I have always liked LIC and you are Very conveniently located to Laguardia too I loved the loft layout, the black and white warehouse look and the semiprivate room with its own bathroom/shower was a great design idea. Better than the big hostel on 103 in Manhattan. The bar was fun, I made some friends. See you soon!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th May 2016

Loved this place and was sad to be leaving. Dorm rooms have a bathroom and toilet attached so you're not sharing with the whole building. Beds are comfortable and clean. Walking distance to the subway and takes no time at all to get into Manhattan. Never once felt unsafe and I'm travelling alone. Great place. The only negative is that the shower curtains suck and no matter how hard you try, you get water all over the floor. Minor detail.

18th May 2016

The local is a very clean and nice hostel. Staff was very courteous and knowledgable about the area. If they didn't know where something was, they were happy to look it up for me and tell me the best way to get there. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Although the shower drained a little slow. Price was decent. Not the best but I have to take into consideration that it is NY. I expected less expensive outside of Manhatthan... Bartenders were great and enjoyable to talk to.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2016
4.6

I was booked in for 5 nights and my bed sheets weren't changed once nor was my towel. I had an issue with a credit card and the girl at reception was rude and condescending to the point where I decided to check out early. Other girls at reception were un-helpful and un-professional. Will never stay at another hostel after my experience at the local.

11th May 2016
7.4

Overall ok. Some staff incredibly helpful and great to deal with and some a bit grumpy and don't know how proper customer service should look like! Close enough to various subways just in case one of them doesn't run and fairly close to everything.

• England, Male, 18-24
11th May 2016
8.0

I've given the atmosphere a modest rating because I'm one of those people who 'wants' people to introduce themselves to me but no one ever does. So I didn't really meet too many people during my stay. The rooms are great, beds are comfortable, wifi is fast, showers are powerful, free pint on arrival, staff are friendly and when I got sick the night before I had to check out, they arranged a way to allow me to stay an extra day to recover). A morning breakfast and this place would be g

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
8th May 2016

Very good hostel, clean and very calm. The staff is awesome and eager to solve any problems. The kitchen is well equiped, the rooms are confortable and clean and the bar is very good as well. The location might be a little desert at night but, overall, I felt very safe. The subway is just two blocks away and one station away from Manhattan. I'll come back! ;)