The Local NYC Reviews

13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

Very nice experience: Clean, friendly staff, good location and efficient use of interior space. Enjoyed the bar coordinated with the hostel, lower than espected prices for NYC. Looking forward to staying here at a future time.

The best... The bar!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Fantastic staff, very clean, lots of fun activities. Overall a great experience and would come back

Over all The Local was very nice. Nice to have easy access to get drinking water.

• 18th Mar 2015

My room had a sink, shower, and toilet! I've stayed in lots of hostels, but that is a first. This is also the only hostel I've been to that has a bar. Very good price too. Location is good but not great...definitely nothing to complain about.

A very good hostel. Very clean, new installations, in a safe neighbourhood with an excellent subway station nearby -- it's only one station away from Manhattan and with a direct line to Brooklyn. Was a good choice!

Very close to E and F lines which makes it super easy to get into manhatten. Staff was all helpful and amenities were great!! Very well setup, everything you need in a hostel!!

• 14th Mar 2015

High quality toilet paper, much appreciated.

Great place to stay - super close to Manhattan by subway but without the crazy Manhattan prices.

Lovely hostel. Looks awesome and the rooms are very comfortable (shower and toilet in the room). Very friendly staff. Subway is around the corner, so it's easy to get places. To me the only downside was that it was really quiet, so not really the place to meet new people, though that could just have been that particular week.

Thanks for your review. We did have a massive group staying with us during your stay, so that's probably why the hostel seemed quiet. They were out and about early morning to late night. Sorry that that affected your experience. I hope you'll come back soon when things are a bit more lively!

Great place, had a blast might go back again if find decide to visit New York again. :)

All the good things everyone else is saying plus the beds are really comfy.

Thanks! We think our beds are pretty comfy too. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us!!

A very clean hostel with a bar downstairs and rooftop view! Fun activities and a decent beer list. Kitchen was adequate but could use an oven at least. Location was good if you're the type that needs to escape the hassle and noise of Manhattan. And the city itself is only a few minutes away from the really close by Subway station. Overall, would recommend!

I've really enjoyed my stay at the Local. The Hostel was everything that I expected and it overcome my best expectatiions. I strongly recommend it to any single traveller looking for an affordable place at an outstanding location (not been in Manhattan).

I spent one night there , it is a nice place. For the price I definitely recommend this place . Close to subway. But it looks like hotel not hostel. X

I've stayed in hostels all around the world. The Local NY is the best I have seen and experienced. Spacious rooms, really new place, huge working area, art on the walls, bar, lounge hall, great wifi. Man, I enjoyed it.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

I had a great time at the Local, I even came back a couple of times. Having the bar downstairs is really comfortable and it's the perfect place to meet a lot of people also locals. The Location of the hostel is also very good, it's only one stop with the subway to Manhattan and also very easy to get to JFK. Everyone at the Local is friendly and helpful, I can only recommend staying there.

Great spot to stay while visiting New York! One subway stop from Manhatten, very clean and warm! Large communal space to hang out in which was great, however everyone is spread out so it's harder to interact with other travellers unless drinking. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to New York!

Very nice stuff! I liked the atmosphere in this hostel a lot.

I really enjoyed my stay at the LOCAL NY. It's really a nice place with excellent staff. Just one thing that I think should be taken into consideration is that I stayed there for 10 days and during my stay the cleaning staff didn't change my bed sheet even once and when I asked the maid (the cleaning lady) she told me that when a new person arrives then they change the sheets.....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7