The Local NYC Reviews

13-02 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

Fantastic place! Was very pleasantly surprised, perfect place to stay if visiting the city. Really close to subway, and 10 min cab into town. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the bar was very laid back with great music - highly recommend!

• 23rd Aug 2015

This was a fantastic stay 😄 awesome view of the city skyline and relatively easy to get in and out of Manhattan . Had a great vibe and was very enjoy enjoyable. Only negative was the lack of sitcom flow to the upper bunks of my room which meant it was hot.

• 23rd Aug 2015

We booked a dorm pretty far in advance but they put us in a private for the first night and then made us check out and then in again later in the day which you shouldn't have to do if you have a booking confirmation for a dorm during your entire stay. We didn't spend much time at the hostel but the privates and dorms are nice and the staff are helpful and nice. Pretty close to Manhattan with the subway. All in all I liked my stay here.

All the staff were amazing. They were polite down to earth and helpful. Gave good advice about what to do in NYC and i had some great conversations with them too. Staff at the local NYC- you guys are doing a Great job! X

All went well, not noisy at night which was good for a sound sleep, if there was no noise from the AC, the dorm condition could have been perfect.

Good: Hostel was clean, front desk staff were nice, beds were comfy, air conditioning good, wasn't too far from Manhattan, hostel is modern with modern fixtures, internet was great. Bad: Kitchen was very small and breakfast time there were lines for everything and nowhere to sit, only camping-style hotplates and microwaves, two flights of stairs with no elevator are hard with a heavy bag, didn't sweep or clean showers for five days I was there, shelves are needed for bed, bathroom, sink.

I consider the hostel was very good indeed, The reception people were so friendly and helpful, and considering the hostel was only a couple of stops from mid-Manhattan. They should encourage the travellers to use the J Line and the "other subway station" as that was very convenient to access the city. Thank you for a great stay.

I loved it here! The staff was really helpful. When you get there you get a free drink, but since my sister and I were under 21, we got to get a free coffee instead. The coffee was really good- and only $2 for a large! Perfect if you're on a tight budget. I highly recommend this hostel if you're looking for a cool, affordable place to stay while visiting the city.

I'm pretty sure that this place is the best hostel you may find among all the world's hostels. I liked the bar in the lobby. Very Large Lobby has enough seats and tables. All the furnitures in hostel is very firm, unique, and modern. Internet room was also very large and convenient to rest in. Bunk in a room was very strong, so there's less creaking sound. Every staff was kind and atmosphere in the hostel was very good. It was comfy and facilities were very clean. It was the best.

The hostel was great it was an easy ride from the subway just around from The hostel. I much preferred staying at this hostel than I did staying in central Manhattan. Although you're travelling away from the main scene of NYC it was short and easy journey. Not many hostels as clean and friendly as this one :). Was my first time traveling on my own and I felt sercue here :)

• 9th Aug 2015

Staff didn't show me around the hostel nor help with bags, which is a pet hate of mine. It really isn't difficult. I know it's NYC, but no slightly-better-than-average hostel is worth $60 a night.

Nice place, well kept. The closest metro station is Court Square, which turns out is one of the easier ones to get to at all times of the day.

Confusing signing up with Hostelworld. Do not see my deposit of $50 on my hostle bill. Kindly return or let me know what the process is? Local NY had no idea.

• 4th Aug 2015

Hi there - The deposit is automatically deducted from your room price when you arrive at The Local. So your total at the hostel will be the price from Hostelworld - Deposit Paid + Taxes. Please email us if you want more details. Thanks!

Outstanding hostel! It was a pleasure to stay!

Fantastic hostel. Very big and almost hotel like. Very clean and only a few stops from Times Square. Has a rooftop too but probably underused as they don't have a licence for you to drink up there. Very nice hostel but wouldn't call it a 'party' hostel as people seemed a bit separated and doing their own thing. Stayed for 10 nights and lots of people only stayed as a stopover for the airport nearby. Overall enjoyed my stay though!

Overall very good hostel - excellent location easy commute to all the main attractions in Manhattan. Really clean and modern rooms. Only drawback was the kitchen which is tiny and has very little in it. No over or stove just little camping style hot plates. They need a door between the bar/cafe and the rest of the hostel to improve the overall security.

Very clean, friendly staff and great guests. Can be creepy to get back to at night. M train was not running on the weekend when I was there, so getting back at night was a bit of a hassle/didn't feel too safe. Otherwise the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Very good experience, just can recommend it further.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

It exceeded my expectations. Housekeeping occurred daily and I always had everything I needed. Close to subway that takes you into Manhattan. I was out walking at all hours of the night and never felt like I wasn't safe in the area of the hostel. Pleasant staff told me all kinds of things about Brooklyn and answered all of my questions with enthusiasm. Met some awesome people who became my friends, and generally enjoyed every minute of my stay.

• 28th Jul 2015

A good and safe place to stay in NYC. The staff are nice and helpful. It is close to the Subway and you can take subway to anywhere you want in NYC.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7