The Local NYC Reviews

1302 44th Avenue, Queens, New York, USA

This hostel has charged me without me staying in the place, and Hostelworld.com is a gang of cheaters who provide misleading information, over charge, and do not send invices for payment charged!

Overall a very positive experience, staff were really pleasant and helpful, location very close to the subway for easy access to manhattan . The only fault was that the labelled food I left in the fridge yogurts, milk, fruit etc was stolen :(

• 10th Sep 2014

not in manhatten, but very close! close to subway station, takes only 10min to manhatten i like that they have computer u can use for free! especially if u travel without laptop

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you'll be back at The Local soon!

I was a little concerned staying in Queens but it was very inexpensive taking a cab to a more central area. The staff was wonderful, the bar had wonderful espresso and the rooftop has an amazing view. The locker was large, the hostel was clean and has something to offer every night. One bummer is they give you a drink ticket only redeemable during a certain time which wasnt very desirable. All in all, i would return!

Thank you very much Guys, My stay because of you went to really good to amazing I will come back and recommend your hostel :)

• 1st Sep 2014

Cleaning lady showed up every day but she didn't clean the shower +toilet at least 3 days in a row. Once I was in the room and I let her in, as I was going out, and told her she could work, I would be away in a minute. She quickly swept the floor and put a rug on the sink and took out the rubbish bag. Then I left. When I returned, the cleaning cloth was on the samle place. I only mention it because you ephasize cleanliness, and put a lot of effort in it - but control is needed here. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. We'll speak to our housekeeping staff about this immediately and rectify this going forward. I hope you enjoyed your stay at The Local otherwise, and I really appreciate the honest review.

Great location right with easy access from subway. Facilities were clean and new. Good relatively cheap spot to stay close to the city.

• 30th Aug 2014

Fantastic, clean, modern hostel with amazing bar for socialising. The only downsides were the price (but it's just New York prices), and one of the bartenders who would rudely demand tips rather than offering service that deserves them.

Value for money. 15 minutes by subway from the heart Manhattan and really only one stop from actually being in Manhattan. And $20 cab ride from Penn station for those late nights where you feel like getting to bed quick. Beautiful facility with fantastic staff and would definitely come back again.

• 30th Aug 2014

This hostel is perfect! I travel a lot and that's the best hostel I've ever been. The location is great, the hostel is clean and very modern, the staff is so friendly and helpful! I loved it and will definitely book again at this hostel when I go back to NYC.

The hostel is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there's nothing nearby but warehouses. So if you're willing to experience a different neighborhood (it was my case), forget about it. A good thing: there's a subway station with a direct line to Manhattan just a few blocks away. The bar is also good and affordable. All dorms are on the 2nd floor and there's NO elevator, so be prepared to carry your stuff up and down 4 sets of steps. A rental bike service would be great.

Thanks for you feedback! We're actually getting a large bike rack installed next week and plan to have bike rental soon, because so many guests have requested it. I hope you'll come back soon and enjoy it!

Modern hostel with great staff and facilities not too far from Manhattan (one stop on the metro ) would definitely stay here again

I would recommand this hostel anytime! The hostel is a bit "far from the action" as it is located in an industrial area in Queens. Nevertheless, it's one metro stop away from Manhantan and offers all the atmosphere and facilities you could look for in the best hostels.

Really friendly and helpful staff, great location not far from a metro stop.

• 22nd Aug 2014

I love my stay at The Local! The hostel is brand new, great facilities, they have done a nice job with the place! It's only two subway stops from the Central Park, it takes you no time to get to Manhattan. The only drawback is that around the hostel there aren't many places to go out for dinner. The wi-fi works super fast and the coffe shop and the bar are really nice place to meet people or spend some time around. I definitely reccomend it and would stay there again!!

The Local NYC is a great hostel. It seems it has opend quite recently as everything inside (kitchen, bathrooms, beds) is quite new. The rooms are spacious and there are only 4 people in a room. Each room has separate bathroom which is nice. AC works very well. Security is also good because each room is locked and opened with a special card. There are also lockers in rooms. Kitchen is well equipped. Reception works 24/7 so you can arrive anytime. Very close to Metro "E" - easy to get to Manhattan

Is a great hostel,

Such a nice surprise to show up to after a long journey from Australia. Our flight arrived at 1am which meant we got to the hostel at about 3am and warmly welcomed by the 24 hour reception staff. A real treat.

A great place to stay in NY

• 17th Aug 2014

Staying at this hostel feels more like staying at a hotel! My friend and I couldn't have asked for more from our stay it was incredible. The staff were so helpful, printing off directions for us if we asked. It was really handy at a small $5 fee we were able to leave our bags there over night only to return two days later back to the same hostel. I would reccomend booking early as a few people got turned away while we were there as it is just so great there were no beds left! Perfect location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7