The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

Great little place and good value for money. Obviously not central London, but not central London prices either. Very close to train station. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Place is clean and warm. This was my second stay at the Lodge,

Great Place to stay, quite, comfortable helpful staff in a nice location.

• 27th Nov 2015

Martin and Joan made my stay 100% better. Excellent customer service, can't fault them! Shame about the quality of the building.

It's a good place to stay. Really good value for money. Friendly staff

Nice area surrounded by large park. 8 mins from bus and railway station. Located in zone 3 / 4 a bit far away from Central London but Bus no 3 runs directly to Regent Street. Nice and friendly staff. Weekends are crowded with school us and family while few visitors on weekdays. I stayed in a single room that bathroom has to share with another double room just next door. I stayed here for 5 nights. There was no body stayed at next door so I used the bathroom on my own. Laundry room is on basement

you get what you pay for the rooms are basic,clean beds, hot shower tea and coffee in room that's all we needed for one night and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Oct 2015

helpful staff. Located in the middle of the park but far from London bridge

I wanted somewhere that was cheap with parking included that gave access to London. The Lodge ticked all the boxes. Staff where friendly, bed comfortable and the room was warm & clean. The shower/toilet was only shared with one other room. As an added bonus a continental style buffet breakfast was included along with WiFi. There was no noise from other guests and no noise from traffic as it is in a park. Train station is a 5 minute walk. Journey to London Victoria 25 Minutes. All for under £30

The Receptionist called Joan was amazing. We had only an hour on check-in to get to Elstree, she rang to find price of a taxi, then she rang the rail information and got us the train times, and brought them up to our room as we were doing a quick change. All this time she was happy to help, and polite. We got to where we had to be, on time because of this lovely lady. Its set in a park, so nice and quite, the only down side, the beds were very lumpy, and the toilet/shower was quite smelly.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Wales

Very good value for money. Basic but convenient, friendly staff.

This is our 2nd stay and are looking forward to visiting next year, love the retro feel of the place and staff made us feel really welcome. Breakfast was excellant

• 10th Oct 2015

found others reviews quite accurate the lodge being built in 1964 its holding up okay. the parkland & complex is a break from busy London central. trains &buses are a quick walk , shops &supermarket are walkable &view from top of hill to London is quite good. room size ,tv , internet hot water all good &staff are very helpful, breakfast is a bonus . I stayed 11 days & you can buy a short term gym pass for fitness centre . hope this can help

Good value for money

Lost bearings on exit of rail station resulting in a dark wet walk down the terraces. Rooms over the reception area best avoided due to coming & going of vehicles thro' the night. Otherwise basic hostel accommodation, not in good structural condition but providing a clean, safe, overnight base.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Friendly staff, good location, facilities are good enough but needs maintenance/repairs. Clean enough but I think there's only one cleaner for the whole building. If you just want somewhere to sleep and you're not expecting the Hilton (I do wonder about people who use this site), its acceptable. (Ignore negative comments about door locks being faulty or too complicated. Touch the card on the outside of the door, green light is unlocked, touch again for red light, shut the door, its locked.)

• 18th Sep 2015

I had a great stay at the Crystal Park Lodge. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would recommend this hostel for its value for money, and nice location in the middle of the park.

• 18th Sep 2015

Martin and Joan has been exceptional.

• 14th Sep 2015

The staff are super friendly and helpful. Plus you get your money's worth.

Of all the places I've stayed in the world in my life so far, this was the worst, dirtiest place i've ever been to. The staff were also incredibly rude, and reacted in what we could only describe as 'disgusted' at a) our request to have a blanket or heater or ANYTHING to heat our freezing room (we were told the heating doesn't get turned on until November! My god, it was 11 degrees C) and b) to turn down the volume on the TV they were watching so we could speak. This place should be struck off.

The best hostel in london i love it !! Better than the others!!