The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

Very friendly and helpful staff. The premises could do with some decorating. Over all very good for money.

• 15th May 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

This hostel is flat out scary. The doors don't really lock, the building is dimly lit, the surrounding area is a dark park, which lacks night time security. The guy at the front desk was extremely unprofessional, with an unbuttoned shirt. He said he didn't know how to use the credit card machine, so wanted to keep my passport overnight. He never actually registered me with the hostel and handed me an old bent up key card, telling me to scan the card twice to lock the door. Dirty and unsafe.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great place for the price. I Had a single room as working in the area. Extremely clean, towel, sink, TV and kettle. Friendly staff, manager very helpful in the morning. Good breakfast too. Bathroom could do with a but of updating! But overall good.

• 4th Apr 2015

Read a few somewhat negative reviews about this place as well, but paid no mind. I had a really nice stay and would recommend 'the Lodge' to anyone. The staff were very polite -- the lady at the tills even wished me a safe journey back :P The only poor things were the location and that there was no soap in either the bathroom or my own room for washing one's hands, which I found odd.

My comment on English Breakfast - at 8 o´clock it was already lukewarm; next day there was no bread and the other day there was no coffee. Hmmm.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very good

TheThe hotel might have been nice some thirty years ago, now it is completely run down, derelict with broken furniture. Everything you touch is covered in grease, ther is an unpleasant odour around and it is far from properly cleaned. However, the staff are very kind. Modern prison cells offer mor luxury than a standard room in that hotel. It should either be closed and renovated or deconstructed.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I stayed for 4 days in what has to be the mmost amazing surroundings - vintage architecture in the middle of Crystal Palace Park with the national sports centre next door. despite some obvious renovation needs the place was clean, the staff were lovely and the wifi was spot on. I was sorry to leave. I would recommend the hostel to anyone on a budget.☺

• 15th Feb 2015

Booked ensuite room no double bed as stated but three single beds, plaster peeling off the walls in real need of refurbishing, smelly stale air in the room, no furnishings, tea and coffee facilities available but clearly advised not to drink the tap water in room. Room and carpet was dirty and unkept. No soap or toilet freshner. One of the lifts were out of order and the another one didn't go to our floor. For the more expensive suite it really wasn't value for money and we will never go back

• 13th Feb 2015

The staff were very friendly. It would be helpful, however, if they were just able to make it clear to people that even though you can just turn the handle to go out of the room it is actually locked from the outside. Tired building, but funcional and if you're not in it much it's fine. Got a small TV, small sink, small kettle, bed fairly comfy, warm room ,clean bedding and towel. Powerful shower, just don't look behind the shower door, as don't think this bit gets cleaned. Wouls use again.

• 9th Jan 2015

I stayed here on and off while working in the city, and no luck renting accommodation. The Lodge had everything I needed. Secure room, towels, fresh bed linen, tea and coffee in the room, continental breakfast included. The day and night staff were always friendly and helpful. Great value for money. I will be back again in the future!

Functional and convenient for access to our family locally. Strange arrangement of stairs and lifts meant we carried our bag down.

• 29th Nov 2014