The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

Was happy with my stay. Thank you. Also, when I asked to move up to a higher floor the receptionist changed my room for me.

• 12th Apr 2014

Breakfast is included and is a substantial continental breakfast. It is about a ten minute walk from crystal palace bus station to the hostel.

This hotel is not a luxurious one. This means you'll have to share the bathroom and furniture and rooms are essential - maybe somewhat less than essential. That said, you'll enjoy an awesome location,(good) breakfast included and free wi-fi which is all I look for when I travel. Staff are unbelievably nice and helpful, which totally makes up for the sometimes poor conditions of the building. You surely have to be adaptable to stay here but you get more than you normally would for that price.

Excellent hostel. The best breakfast, realli nice staff. The only problem is the distance from the most known London attractions. But nothing that the metro doesn't solve.

I was surprised! The facilities are much better than many hostels! And the breakfast is traditional British breakfast! It is really good for the foreigners who hope to experience the British culture. But it is offered only until 9:30, which I think is too early. The other thing is the location is a little hard to find.

A quite decent place to stay when you are traveling on a budget. It is clean and feels secure with the 24h reception staff at the entrance. However, one should not expect more than just a place to sleep. Not the happiest place I've spent the night in. Also lacks some facilities (tall building but elevator not working). Good option if you like privacy in a hostel-like accommodation, otherwise you probably could get more for the money.

Good value for money