The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

Just what I was looking for - somewhere to stay when up in London at Uni days over the next year. Cheap and cheerful. The whole place is a bit tatty and in need of a bit more than just a lick of paint. However, it was functional and the staff were all very happy, friendly and helpful. With internet and breakfast included, the price is unbeatable. I have cancelled other bookings and will be staying here on uni days during the remainder of my course.

The hotel staff were friendly but not particularly helpful- the lady on reception didn't explain to me how to lock my room when I was in it and so I felt unsafe the whole stay, I didn't like to say anything until the end incase it was not possible to lock them and someone overheard! That aside the rooms are excellent value, with a TV and kettle in each- access to a communal microwave would be good though! Breakfast selection great and option to take away breakfast really good too! Room clean.

• 8th Sep 2014