The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

Don't stay here !! Room entry is via a key-card. After the first time of use the card failed. I went to reception and nicely explained that the card had failed. They told me that it had failed because I had kept the card near to a my cellphone. I told them that this wasn't so as I didn't carry a cellphone. They said that I was lying as everyone carries a cellphone, and that I would have to pay Ten Pounds, (GBP10), to have the number re-inserted on the phone. I refused to pay.

• 31st May 2014
  • Japan

friendly and welcoming staff , facilities dated but adequate and exceptional value for money

• 27th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

If you are looking for a very cheap place to sleep then this is it!

• 11th May 2014
  • Egypt

Elevator needs to be updated-It is not as reliable as its modern equivalent Joan was a lot of fun at the front desk

• 10th May 2014

Tasty breakfast, at least if you came early, so that the varieties of hot food were not yet out. Nice kitchen staff who had put out herbs. Quiet surroundings (a park), so we could sleep well. The bathroom was clean, but we had to clean the drawers under the beds ourselves. The room was in a rather shabby state, with window shelves half falling off, and smelled mouldy. The elevator had a funny tendency to stop at 1st floor. All in all, not the best standard, but good value for your money.

• 7th May 2014
  • Norway

Stopped here during 1st week and facilities were ok, however cancelled the 2nd week as when I arrived the shower was not working and the room did not have a TV.

• 6th May 2014

What a dump I know it is only £21 for a bed for the night but really with a few hours maintenance to put the wardrobes together properly and a coat of paint to cover the peeling paint and perhaps a curtain without stains that is on a curtain track then you could charge an extra £5 and it would not feel quite so squalid Horrendous dump Go find a travelogue and pay the extra £20 or £30.

• 6th May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

This hostel is very cheap for London, but still offers good rooms. When it was build it eas probably very nice and crowdy, but it has lost some of its charm now. At the time of our stay it was quite empty for such a big building. It is situated very close to the train station (DLR train go every 15 minutes for the same price as underground) in a sports center and park area. It has free wifi in the rooms. Free parking available in front of the hostel.

Situated within Crystal Park and a five minute walk away from the National Sports' Centre this hostel is perfectly located for those seeking accommodation which feels as though it is in the heart of the countryside while at the same time being within striking distance of the centre of London by rail or bus. The hostel itself has comfortable rooms and the bathroom facilities are reasonable. A basic breakfast is provided at weekends while a packed breakfast is provided during the week.

• 27th Apr 2014

the breakfast was stone cold as was the dining room. My TV remote was missing and, when I was given a replacement, the batteries did not work. I had to buy replacement batteries out of my own money.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Cyprus

I was really very satisfied, everything was above expectations, staff was really nice, for a price so low we got the most. Thank you!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Was happy with my stay. Thank you. Also, when I asked to move up to a higher floor the receptionist changed my room for me.

• 12th Apr 2014

Breakfast is included and is a substantial continental breakfast. It is about a ten minute walk from crystal palace bus station to the hostel.

1 2 Next » last »