The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

What a dump I know it is only £21 for a bed for the night but really with a few hours maintenance to put the wardrobes together properly and a coat of paint to cover the peeling paint and perhaps a curtain without stains that is on a curtain track then you could charge an extra £5 and it would not feel quite so squalid Horrendous dump Go find a travelogue and pay the extra £20 or £30.

• 6th May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

This hostel is very cheap for London, but still offers good rooms. When it was build it eas probably very nice and crowdy, but it has lost some of its charm now. At the time of our stay it was quite empty for such a big building. It is situated very close to the train station (DLR train go every 15 minutes for the same price as underground) in a sports center and park area. It has free wifi in the rooms. Free parking available in front of the hostel.

Situated within Crystal Park and a five minute walk away from the National Sports' Centre this hostel is perfectly located for those seeking accommodation which feels as though it is in the heart of the countryside while at the same time being within striking distance of the centre of London by rail or bus. The hostel itself has comfortable rooms and the bathroom facilities are reasonable. A basic breakfast is provided at weekends while a packed breakfast is provided during the week.

• 27th Apr 2014

the breakfast was stone cold as was the dining room. My TV remote was missing and, when I was given a replacement, the batteries did not work. I had to buy replacement batteries out of my own money.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Cyprus

I was really very satisfied, everything was above expectations, staff was really nice, for a price so low we got the most. Thank you!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Was happy with my stay. Thank you. Also, when I asked to move up to a higher floor the receptionist changed my room for me.

• 12th Apr 2014

Breakfast is included and is a substantial continental breakfast. It is about a ten minute walk from crystal palace bus station to the hostel.

1 2 Next » last »