The Lodge at Crystal Palace Reviews

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Upper Norwood, London, England

I was really very satisfied, everything was above expectations, staff was really nice, for a price so low we got the most. Thank you!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Was happy with my stay. Thank you. Also, when I asked to move up to a higher floor the receptionist changed my room for me.

• 12th Apr 2014

Breakfast is included and is a substantial continental breakfast. It is about a ten minute walk from crystal palace bus station to the hostel.

This hotel is not a luxurious one. This means you'll have to share the bathroom and furniture and rooms are essential - maybe somewhat less than essential. That said, you'll enjoy an awesome location,(good) breakfast included and free wi-fi which is all I look for when I travel. Staff are unbelievably nice and helpful, which totally makes up for the sometimes poor conditions of the building. You surely have to be adaptable to stay here but you get more than you normally would for that price.

Excellent hostel. The best breakfast, realli nice staff. The only problem is the distance from the most known London attractions. But nothing that the metro doesn't solve.

I was surprised! The facilities are much better than many hostels! And the breakfast is traditional British breakfast! It is really good for the foreigners who hope to experience the British culture. But it is offered only until 9:30, which I think is too early. The other thing is the location is a little hard to find.

A quite decent place to stay when you are traveling on a budget. It is clean and feels secure with the 24h reception staff at the entrance. However, one should not expect more than just a place to sleep. Not the happiest place I've spent the night in. Also lacks some facilities (tall building but elevator not working). Good option if you like privacy in a hostel-like accommodation, otherwise you probably could get more for the money.

Good value for money

• 19th Oct 2013

It is quite a nice place to stay consider its price. Everything is all right, not luxurious but comfortable. Plus breakfast included.

Helpful staff and clean environment. Good value for money.

Staff were really friendly. The facilities were basic but definitely good value for money. Breakfast was again basic, but nice that it came included. I ended up with a bathroom to myself. Only minor problems I came across were travelling into central London can take 45mins- 1hour, and arriving back late at night you cross through an unlit park which felt a little unsafe as a young female. You can get taxis from outside the station to the lodge for £5. I would use these facilities again

• 21st Sep 2013

Friendly staff, good breakfast, 5 minutes walk from overground stop, good hostel style accommodation. Not luxurious. Would stay again. a visit to the dinosaurs in nearby crystal palace is well worth it

• 11th Sep 2013

The breakfast was first class, the breakfast supervisor charming and efficient. Looking forward to staying there again.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Decent Hostel. Facilities could use an update, but were in good working order. Staff was kind and helpful. Breakfast was ok. Did not seem to have very many guests for tourist season.

• 14th Aug 2013

upon our arrival toilets were very dirty bins were full then into the rooms they are ok clean and tidy but when we went to bed about 9.30 as we were up at 5.45am for a very long bike ride to dover over 100 miles we had a terrible drill like noise coming through the vents we called reception and was told member of staff would come and look we waited an hour but no one our friends in the other room also had the same in the morning we spoke to another member of staff who new nothing

• 13th Aug 2013

My experience was very good. Friendly, helpful staff. The only thing that slightly tarnished the visit was the behavior of some of the other guests. Coke cans and food packaging thrown on the floor where there was a waste bin 2 metres away! People stealing food from the breakfast bar to eat later in the day. I saw one woman take 8 slices of bread and make ham and cheese sandwiches and put them in her bag. She then proceeded to eat cereal, toast and yogurt.

• 6th Aug 2013

A bit worn, could do with a little paint and som functional furniture.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Norway

Whether you find the location convenient depends on where you want to be, but it is a nice location in the park and convenient for the tube. Staff were excellent and helped me out when I needed to extend my stay Represents excellent value for money. And very clean. And the breakfast is good too..

Pretty nice sport-related place - many people staying there actively do something or attend sport events. Crystal Palace stadium close, some kind of sport events (beach volleyball, swimming, etc.). Very solid breakfast and restaurant. Top floors allow the general view of the area (which quite encouraged my exploration of the area, even if not planned - stadium, park with fake animals, ruins and tall TV mast. Staff very OK. Close to train station but NOT close to central London. Recommended.

Ausgezeichnetes Preis- Leistungsverhältnis. Die Zweibettzimmer waren relativ klein aber sauber und die Toilette mit Dusche wurde nur mit dem Nachbarzimmer geteilt. Alles in allem also vor allem für den Preis sehr angenehm. Ausgiebiges Continental Breakfast vom Buffet inklusive, was man mittels eines minimalen Aufpreises auch zu einem English Breakfast aufrüsten konnte, aber nur an bestimmten Tagen, je nach Anfragen. Das Personal an der Rezeption war24 Stunden/Tag superfreundlich und hilfsbereit.

• 19th Jun 2013