The Loft Boutique Hostel Paris Reviews

70 rue Julien Lacroix, Paris, France

After reading past reviews I was a little hesitant to stay at The Loft purely due to its location, however upon arrival I was extremely satisfied. It's positioned within a cultural district of Paris with graffiti lined streets, which adds a lot of flavour and interest. The hostel itself is clean, relatively modern and the staff were friendly and approachable. The kitchen facilities were sufficient, although with no proper stove unfortunately. Overall I would definitely recommend it to others.

This was the very first hostel I've ever stayed in. I've heard so many horror stories about hostels and was a little apprehensive since I was traveling alone. Far exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was clean and I felt completely safe here. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. I stayed in a few different hostels during my stay in Paris and I would say this would be my second pick of the 3.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • tarad107

Good hostel clean and friendly staff. Private bathrooms was my complaint as one between 6 can get rough. Good atmosphere

Staff were very friendly when we arrived and everything was explained clearly. Would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Jul 2014

Loved this hostel! It's close to the centre of Paris (10 mins by metro or 30 mins walking), very clean and the staff are really helpful.

Thank you for your nice comments and taking the time to review us. All the best for future travels The loft Staff

All in all I nice hostel, definitely recommended. The neighborhood is eclectic but nice, and it's close to the Belleville metro station. The showers are a bit of an adventure as they can flood the bathroom quickly, just be sure to let the water turn off for a bit periodically (you must press the button to keep it going). If you can't handle noise, know that the windows stay open to the courtyard to keep it cool but they're good about noise restrictions.

The staff were lovely and had a really good map in reception to show you where all the nearest shops/metro stops/restaurants etc were. The rooms were a good size and they contained a safe each but no lockers. It was a nice big shared bathroom in the room but between 8 it meant people were waiting for showers etc for a while. The courtyard is lovely to sit in at night and the bar had a decent atmosphere. The price is the only downfall, yes it's Paris but its 20 mins out

Nice safe hostel. Good location with metro. Clean. Rooms are tight, but that almost must be expected, especially in a big expensive city like Paris. As for hostels go, I think it was just fine.

Hey your certainly right about space in Paris, we try to layout the rooms as best we can to make it comfortable for you. Thank you for choosing The Loft!

We really enjoyed meeting all different kinds of people at the Loft Hostel in Paris. There are no lifts and tight spiral staircases to get to the upper levels, so pack lightly. Breakfast was adequate, but we usually supplemented with fresh fruit from the Asian produce stand on Belleville Street. There are plenty of decent restaurants within a block or two of the hostel, as well as a Laundromat and grocery stores. The staff was always helpful. The bathroom for a shared 6 person dorm was SMALL.

We are really lucky with all the good restaurants in our neighhbourhood, good to hear you enjoyed them too! It's always a bit snug for space in Paris, but we do our best with what we have :) The Loft Team

Lovely hostel. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff were very helpful. I will definitely consider staying here again when I visit Paris again.

Friendly and helpful staff, a common room that's social, close to Velib bike stations that can get you around Paris easily.

Thanks for the fantastic review! Cool to see you made use of the Velib bikes, its a great and fun way to see Paris :) The Loft Team

Was a lovely three night stay in the lovely Loft Boutique Hostel. We stayed in a four bedroom dorm just off the courtyard which was clean and basic, we had everything we needed! The lovely courtyard was a huge bonus, just outside our room so the small room didn't affect us too much! We didn't use the kitchen but it had everything you need to cook a nice meal! The area was a bit intimidating at first but was very cool has lots of cool bars and cafés ! I would stay here again!

• 25th Jun 2014

Hey there! Thanks so much for your review. We are glad you liked us :) We can't wait to have you back again on your next visit to Paris! Safe travels, The Loft Team

An excellent hostel in a wonderful location. The staff were fantastically helpful, if a bit overworked at times. Overall a fine stay.

Fantastic to hear you liked your stay and our team, we try our hardest to make sure you have a great time The Loft :) Hopfully you will be back soon! Tha Loft Team

I've stayed at the Loft a few times now, and every time has been a real pleasure. The staff are wonderful and friendly with good English skills, and the rooms are nice and comfortable. The location is a little out of the way compared to other more central hostels but this allows them to offer a great value service, and they are close to two Paris metro stops which makes getting there a breeze. Would recommend to anyone looking for a hostel in Paris.

Its always a pleasure to have you stay with us too :)! We always love having return guests. Make sure you don't stay away too long! Your friends at The Loft

A good hostel in a very dirty area of Paris, but there is a metro station less than a minute walk that can get you anywhere. There's a decent kitchen, the staff a good. No complaints

Great to hear you loved our hostel! Next time make sure you ask us some things to do in the area as Belleville is a very historic part of Paris with lots of cool parks, bars and clubs as well! It's also the famous street art district of Paris where international grafiti artists come to do murals. The Loft team

Good place to stay. Was a solo traveller, easy to meet people in the courtyard. Would recommend.

Hi there! Glad you liked us so we hope to see you on your next visit to Paris :) Safe travels, The Loft Team

Very enjoyable experience. Good facilities (WiFi, computers, kitchen etc) staff were very good! only issue was the bunk beds were a little uncomfortable, also felt like you were going to fall off top bunk. Would recommend.

Thank you for recomending us, we really love that! Its wonderful to know that we could make your holiday in Paris a good one. All the best The Loft

This hostel is good. The bad thing is, being an expensive one as it is, cannot have the problems that they have with wifi. Apart from that, i have had a good time there!

Hi there! glad you had a nice time with us and we are sorry you faced ome issues with the Wi-fi - we have reinforced our systems so hopefully no more problems :) We are waiting for you on your next visit to Paris! Safe travels, The Loft Team

The Loft was my first hostile experience and I was very pleased. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean, comfortable, and appealing. It is a little out of the way from the main attractions, not far from the Metro which can take you anywhere. The staff speaks English which was a huge relief for me since I know very little French. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 10th Jun 2014

Hey there! Thanks so much for your great review. We are waiting for you on your next Parisian adventure :) Safe travels, The Loft Team

A worker named Mark helped us out whenever we had any questions. He even lent us his phone to make an emergent call to Germany! He also told us exactly what route to take on the metro since the map was confusing. Really great staff and the atmosphere was very relaxed - not noisy at night. One of the best hostels we stayed in hands down. The rooms were spacious and clean. We never felt unsafe when were there. We stayed in an 8-mixed dorm both nights. HIghly recommend this hostel!! 5 Stars.

Hi there! Thanks so much for the great review - you made our day! We are waiting for you the next time you visit Paris :) Safe travels, The Loft Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4