The Loft Boutique Hostel Paris Reviews

70 rue Julien Lacroix, Paris, France

No complaints about our stay. We were two American females staying for two nights in Paris at the end of a 2 week tour of Europe. Upon our arrival, the receptionist on duty (I cant recall her name) was incredibly helpful, sweet, and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was an ongoing supply of croissants, baguettes, cereal and milk plus orange juice, tea, and coffee. Room and bathroom was clean. Luggage check until check-in in the afternoon was plenty safe. Would stay again! Belleview area fine.

• 18th May 2015

Location wasn't the best, but great service

Good hostel with friendly atmosphere

• 16th May 2015

Im a 21 yr old travelling around Europe as I had just finished with studying abroad. Pretty decent hostel. Kinda far from the central Paris but not too far. Staff is friendly. Everything gets the job done. Downsides - the doors to the rooms loudly slam shut when you enter or leave, there's no trashcan in the room except in the bathroom. So if you want to throw something away, you have to get up walk to the bathroom and throw it away. WiFi was not great from my room. Little things matter.

The staff are great, the feel of the hostel is friendly and well managed. I would be happy to stay again, and very happy to recommend this hostel to orders.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Surprised to see negative comments on location. For me, its location was the best part of this place. Dingy old Belleville is one of the few areas of central Paris unharmed by mass tourism. You can clambering narrow, crumbling pavements where Edith Piaf busked; even see a streetlight under which she was born. It's Montmartre without tourists. It's not for everyone. Pity the hostel doesn't share this character. Maids in green uniform will clean your cups while you speak English to other Americans

• 13th May 2015

Generally good, but beds were uncomfortable for taller people, location was a bit out of the way and Wi-Fi coverage was pretty poor. I would, however, compliment the staff for their jovial natures and attentive qualities. Furthermore, I would recommend the hostel to a friend.

Very friendly! The place is very clean and very nice. We were bumped up from a 6 person dorm to a 4 person free of charge. One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Although it was a little far from the Center and the area was a bit dodgy I would still recommend it. The hostel was very secure and the metro stations were close by! Definitely would stay here again!

Glad you enjoyed your stay and the little surprises we do to keep our guests happy! We would always be happy to have you back to stay. Stay in touch with us on FB :) The Loft Staff

The hostel is one of the best I've stayed at. It is extremely clean and has a great atmosphere. Definitely get way more than what you're paying for!! The beds were quite squeaky so it was sometimes difficult to sleep with other people in the room moving around in their beds but other than that it was terrific.

We love hearing how much you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we will be sure to take it on board :) Hope to host you again soon! The Loft Team

Solid hostel with good service and nice breakfast.

Great place it's clean and in a great neighborhood, the girl at the front desk was very helpful and nice would stay again if I came back

• 2nd May 2015

Thank you for your awsome review! We really apprecite it and we will pass on your nice comments to our staff. Makesure you keep in touch with us on FB The Loft Team

This is basically just an average place to stay in a very expensive city. As many reviews state, cleanliness is of a high standard and the courtyard area looked nice (very rainy when I stayed so didn't get to use it). Handy having a vending machine on site too. Showers could be warmer and the room was pretty chilly without the heating being on high. No key for the front door so you always have to buzz which sometimes meant a bit of a wait for staff to hear you. Noise occasionally an issue.

Hi Glad you liked our clean hostel, its very important to us and the facilities we have to offer. we appreciate your comments and take your suggestions on board. Remember there are staff present 24hr to help you with anything you may need, such as adjusting the heating or noise. Safe travels The Loft Team

Overall good stay. The free breakfast was CLUTCH. The ongoing 'ns ns' music was a bit much. Rooms are small. Great kitchen for cooking and keeping food to save money. Very safe, close to two metro stops. Nice staff and atmosphere, Some pretty good socializing space too! Personal bathrooms too.

• 30th Apr 2015

Thank you for staying with us and your lovely comments! We are glad you enjoyed all the facilities The Loft Hostel has to offer and we made your stay in Paris one to remember :) keep in touch with us on our FB page! The Loft Team

Lovely little hostel with the friendliest staff ever! Belleville is a bit out of the way, but it was easy to get anywhere by metro. Would definitely stay again.

Smoke from the courtyard woke me up every morning regardless of my windows and doors being closed. Children were meant to not be there but there were many and they were noisy in the stairwell.

Sorry you were bothered by the smoke. We do have a 24h reception to help you with anything you need and would have been glad to offer you an alternative; space permitting. We will verify the isolation on the rooms that face the courtyard to prevent this situation from occurring in the future. Usually we don’t accept children. This time we tried a pilot project to give children the opportunity to stay in Paris and visit the city with their parents.Thanks for your feedback :) The Loft

Bag check isn't very secure. Tags were falling off of bags and they let me in the bag room to put stuff away without being monitored. I could have stolen things if I were a lesser person. Other than that, it was definitely one of the nicest hostels in town. Beautiful facilities.

Thank you for staying with us we are happy to hear you liked The Loft and all we have to offer! Sorry you felt the luggage room wasn’t secure enough. However you will be happy to know we have a back up copy of all the tickets attached to the bags as well as a cameras in the room so rest assured if anyone was inclined to steal we have them on camera. Make sure to see what we are up to on our FB and Instagram sites :) Wishing you safe travels The Loft staff

Very friendly staff, especially Mario and Anj! The place is a bit crowded, but it's good for the value.

Hi Thats awsome to hear we made your stay in Paris one to remember! Keep in touch with us on our Facebook page :) The Loft Team

Limited outlet access, bad showers with no hot water, and in a questionable neighborhood far frm the center. Pros: the people are friendly, transportation is simple, and the beds aren't bad.

Hey, thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear that you had a problem with the water, we have a 24h reception that would have helped right away if you had warned us. We pride ourselves in being a part of the burgeoning Belleville community; an art-filled and lively part of town that is little known but much enjoyed! Thank you for staying with us and be sure to follow us on Facebook so you can see our future events :) Until then, safe travels! The Loft Team

The staff were very kind. This was a really great place to make friends for those traveling alone. It was in a less touristy neighborhood which was a plus for me.

Hello there, And thank you for the kind words. Happy to have your in our neighborhood. Looking forward to your next visit. The Loft Team

Great hostel with very kind and helpful staff! Kitchen was clean and breakfast was good but didn't have much storage for food. The rooms were great and clean (even the bathroom!). Plugs weren't very easily accessible though, only to a few beds and the lockers weren't big but were combo locks which I like. The wifi was strong in the kitchen but spotty in the bedrooms. Near two metros so you could reach the city but could'nt really walk to the center. I would definitely stay here again!

Hi Thank you for staying and we would love to host you when your next in Paris. Thank you for your comments we are always looking at ways to make your stay even better! The Loft Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4