The Loft Boutique Hostel Paris Reviews

70 rue Julien Lacroix, Paris, France

Was a good stay but the staff are a little "busy" and aren't interested in helping much. Also the outdoor and lounge area is small for the amount of people

Very clean hostel (rooms cleaned daily) and good showers, beds etc. However the staff were not overly friendly or helpful (at times they were quite rude). In terms of location, the hostel seems to be in "china town" with plenty of Asian supermarkets and Chinese restaurants in the area. You're not very close to the main sites of Paris however you are close to 2 metro stations (walking distance). Found the hostel to be expensive seeming the location wasn't amazing. But still a good stay!

This hostel has the best security of any I have stayed in with the staff monitoring entrance to the hostel, only supervised access to luggage storage and lockers in the rooms. It is in a fine location so it doesn't seem to be a response to problems, just something they take seriously. The hostel is clean and the kitchen, lounge, and patio are well conditioned for hanging out and meeting people. Bed lights and plugs were the only thing I think that could help the otherwise excellent facilities.

Calm, chill atmosphere. The courtyard is great, unless people are smoking and the smoke lingers. Helpful and courteous staff. Coffee and tea available at all hours. Clean rooms, but the beds are not very sturdy or quiet- everyone was up when one person got up to use the bathroom.

• 10th Sep 2014

Loft Hostel was a great place to stay. It was a little further out than closer to the city centre, and not many great restaurants or pubs near by. The hostel environment is great though - a lovely terrace and a cute kitchen area to hang out in. The 24hrs reception is also very handy. Beers and wine are sold at the front desk which makes for convenient good times with fellow travellers.

This was a great option for me and my boyfriend (who had our own room) and my dad (who stayed in a bunk). very clean, breakfast was included and while we were worried it was going to be noisy, it wasn't at all. Although if any rowdy people had been there it would have been super loud. definitely recommend it.

• 7th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed this hostel. Great amenities, friendly staff, easy to meet people. VERY helpful and responsive staff. The location did not seem very sketchy, especially compared to a place like Gare du Nord. Just a few minutes on the train to all of the city landmarks but I recommend just walking, it's only 30 minutes and you see all sorts of great places. I would stay here again.

My only complaint of this hostel would be the bamboozles high at 6am making noise all night long with a complete disregard for those of us who had to catch a train at 7. It would have been great for the staff to have had a bit more control over that. But great kitchen, rooms, breakfast and pleasant staff!

good place. its outside of the center so you can find cheap food. metro is really easy in Paris. stay here

Thanks for your nice comment about THE LOFT. We are glad you liked staying with us. For your next trip to Paris, we invite to contact us on our home website! The Loft Staff

The only thing we didn't like was that if you want your bag to be secure, you have to pack it up and give it to the front desk to store every day- there is no lockers big enough for your stuff in the room. There is a small locker for valuables, but no one used it. Other than that, breakfast was decent (croissants, bread, milk, juice, cereal, tea, and coffee) but the atmosphere was great. It really facilitated people hanging out and having fun. Also, you will have to buy public transport.

• 20th Aug 2014

I was most impressed with the staff. I don't remember the name of the guy who checked me in but he remembered mine during my stay.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. Don't forget to see what we are up to @ theloft-paris.com and hope to see you soon! Tha loft Team

Great small hostel. Good social vibe. Super clean. If you're looking for something a little more intimate and of great quality, this is a great place.

Thank you for your great comments :) Hope to see you next time your in Paris! The Loft Team

I loved The Loft so much, I stayed here my second time through Paris. Only one complaint, the streets in this area really aren't labelled well, so it took a while to find, at night the sign isn't very visible from the main road. Having another sign pointing toward them on the main road would be very helpful!

Hey Glad you loved the hostel and your stay with us. France is a bit different from most countries street signs are placed on buildings not on poles. Now you will know how to find us next time you stay in Paris :) The Loft team

while beautifully done up, this place left much to be desired. i had on numerous occasions asked for recommendations and they were given to me curtly and rather robotically. there was also an incident where there was a mixup and two people were given the same bad. we were rudely awaken by the staff and made to feel unwelcome, a sentiment shared by the whole room. i often feel that staff at hostels are the heart and soul of the place and this was severely lacking here.

Hello. Thank you for your review. We apologies for the inconvenience – we had a problem with the system on that day. We had offered a solution by just shifting some guests to another room but it was declined. I hope you give us another chance to see how great we are :) Safe travels, The Loft team

The location is in what feels like China Town in Paris. With that said there are several good affordable restaurants in the area, just don't expect your run of the mill French food. The rooms themselves were good and quite. The only compliant was the lack of A/C, but even then it wasn't unbearable.

Hey there! Thanks so much for your comment. We are not in the center indeed, but you can have another look to the real Paris and not only the touristic side ;) Plus, things are cheaper and metro lines 2 and 11 and bus 26 take you to the places you need in a couple of minutes! We will pass the suggestion for the A/C to higher management ;) We are glad you liked us and hope to see you soon on your next adventure in Paris! Safe Travels, The Loft Team

This hostel is perfect for solo travellers wanting to meet other people. It has a great atmosphere. The neighbourhood is very multicultural and a litte out from the center of the city. Have to take the metro to get to clubs or more active night life.

Hey Thank you for such a nice review, we really appreciate it! Next time ask our friendly staff for some bars in clubs in the neighborhood to go to, it's a great area to go out in :) All the best for future travels, The loft staff

Friendly and helpful staff. Great location in vibrant suburb with few tourists. Some nice design touches, but has form been prioritised over function? Reading lights/power points next to beds would be nice. Rooms small and airless. Too hot with the window closed; with it open you have to put up with cigarette smoke and noise from the courtyard all day/night. Kitchen/dining area rather small and cooking facilities/utensils limited. Courtyard would be nice without the smoke and ashtray smell.

Hey Excellent to know that our staff gave you great service and you liked your stay at the hostel and got out and enjoyed the neighborhood. We try our best to provide you with a great stay and we have taken your comments on board. We hope to see you again in the future and don't hesitate to contact us at bonjour@theloft-paris.com if you need anything else. The Loft Team

Ver enjoyable stay; lovely staff and a real community feel.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thank you for such a nice comment! Nice to hear we made you feel at home :) Don't forget to see what we are up to @ theloft-paris.com and hope to see you soon! The Loft Staff

I really hate the fact that the guy from Philly wasnt too welcoming. I made a reservation a day before and the man at the reception made me pay the whole night.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Hi! Thank you for your review – it is always good to have feedback for improvement :) We are sligthly surprised by your comment as our cancelation policy states that the 1st night of your stay is non refundable if changes are done less than 48h prior to arrival. This is clearly indicated on all sites we are present in – here you can see that information under Info / Cancellation Policy and Things to Note. We hope to see you again and have the chance to see the changes we made :)

After reading past reviews I was a little hesitant to stay at The Loft purely due to its location, however upon arrival I was extremely satisfied. It's positioned within a cultural district of Paris with graffiti lined streets, which adds a lot of flavour and interest. The hostel itself is clean, relatively modern and the staff were friendly and approachable. The kitchen facilities were sufficient, although with no proper stove unfortunately. Overall I would definitely recommend it to others.

Hey Glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Belleville is a great location and easy to get to all the main tourist destinations with its well connected metro lines. It's cool to see you enjoyed the spirit of the neighborhood; it's a really fun place to go out in with some really nice parks to relax in. Thank you for staying The Loft Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4