• No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu, Chengdu, China
8.8
Fabulous 594 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 594 Total Reviews
The Loft Design Hostel Located at No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu, , Chengdu.
China
Chengdu 610031 No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu
88% 594
30.6676132 104.0540885
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 41+
31st Mar 2016

The Loft is a cool place. The staff at reception were welcoming and friendly and had plenty of information to share. The restaurant area is fun, the food is OK, the bar is excellent. Particularly appreciated the Dark Beer Lao. Just a stones throw from some great eating. The floor in our room had lots of black hair, it obviously hadn't been swept since the previous occupant, and the drain in the bath leaked over the bathroom floor. The hot water was sporadic, but I would stay here again.

• USA, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2016
7.7

I live in China so I'm definitely used to the way things are in this country. The staff was very helpful but without knowing I lived in China they expected me, a single female alone, to figure things out. There wasn't enough toilet paper and even though I put a sign to have my room I didn't get more unless I asked. I had to ask 3 times. The restaurant took forever and just wasn't good. Nice staff but food wasn't worth the price and took FOREVER! Very noisy at night too.

• sarahking4071
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2016
6.9

Great location but average all around. Staff try hard to help but have very limited English.

• USA, Male, 41+
23rd Feb 2016
5.7

In order to use the toilet I had to get dressed, go outside, and walk down half a flight of stairs to a bathroom that only had cold water. To take a shower I had to go all the way downstairs and through the lobby to a shower that had nowhere to hang my clothes to keep them dry. The shower was hot, but never stayed at the same temperature, sometimes changing to scalding, and then to lukewarm. I had to continually adjust the temperature, and it was frustrating.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th Jan 2016
7.1

The hostel was nice, the rooms were basic but the lobby area was really lovely. The staff were very friendly. Only downside is that the food in the hostel gave us BAD food poisoning which ruined a couple of days of our trip! It made me question the cleanliness of the hostel,

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Jan 2016
8.0

The loft was hard to find, I somehow ended up with 2 different locations (google maps and the map on hostel world) and it was at neither of those ( it's on the street with the big bend in the road- xiaotong lane). the lockers didn't work in the room so I just kept my valuables with me. The facility itself is super cool with a lot of loungey/coffee shop areas. A real hipster vibe. And it's located in the art district which is fun to walk around. Easy to get to the pandas also.

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
19th Dec 2015
8.0

Hostel is near a nice little old town street. There were also some delicious yet cheap food and beers. Location is good. One of our showers wasn't very warm, otherwise we were happy with our rooms.

it is our pleasure to have your good score

• England, Couple, 25-30
29th Nov 2015

We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay here. First - location is great, nearby you have alot of choice where to eat out. Also a short walk from a metro station. Second - the staff where brilliant. Very helpful. They helped us book a flight, explained where to get the airport shuttle bus from as well as the bus to check out Chengdu Panda Breeding Centre. Third - we were in a 4 bed mixed dorm, bed very comfy and the corridors where quiet at night so slept well.

• caitlinj
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel. Looks great. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Only downside is showers are a bit far. Otherwise great! Location is really good too, lots of great cafes on the same street.

• England, Couple, 31-40
18th Nov 2015

Great staff, dorms are small but only 4 people. Fantastic location.