The Loft Design Hostel Reviews

No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu, Chengdu, China

Love this hostel. Stay here every time I pass through Chengdu. Comfortable but quirky rooms, interesting hippy neighbourhood (tons of hipster cafes on the same street)

Much too noisy and cold. You need ear protection to fall asleep and two or more blankets to sleep warm (we were there in December). The heating system was broken but nobody was in charge of taken care...

• 25th Dec 2014

Dear Tobias, Thanks for your review, we have already fixed our heating system, you are welcome to come back and try them, thank you again, have a nice trip in China. Loft

The cafe at the hostel was super expensive so we never ate there. The tours were more expensive for pandas than doing it by yourself (Easy-see lonely planet). There was no Friday night welcome party as advertised because the venue "wasn't busy enough to have a party". Beds were comfy but bathrooms not great. The place was cold and poor ambience

best hostel I've ever stayed in China

• 6th Nov 2014
  • China

The pungent smell from the public toilet at the ground floor was horrifying. The smell were only gone on the third day our stay. As we are staying in a room with bathroom attached, it did not affect us directly. Wondering how others were dealing with the smell. The trash in the room was not cleaned on daily basis. On day 2, the trash was cleared from the room but not the toilet. I could not figured out the "half-bake" kind of services provided. Location is good. Walking distance to metro.

We don't usually rate hostels but this hostel should be shut down due to high mould There were rats in the common areas and you can hear them in the night in the ceiling scratching around The room that we were put into was very mouldy and damp (to the point where the mattresses on all the beds felt wet). Three of the four people in the room developed a bad cough and we all discussed how dirty and damp this hostel was The bathrooms were the most disgusting we've seen in China Do not stay here!

We were so sorry about what you have met in our hostel. Chengdu is a high humid city especially in the winter time. We will turn the heating on then the first floor would be less humid. Also we do clean bathroom every hour,if you are unsatisfied,please tell us, we will clean it right away. Anyway, thanks for your stay and thanks for your review, Have a nice trip in China. Elva

Very helpfull staff, good place to stay. Room was a bit noisy though, bring your ear plugs!

Great place to stay, I highly recommand it !

• 27th Aug 2014

Happy friendly staff always ready to help, food excellent, very well run establishment. Thanks for a great stay.

Loft hostel was in a great location, lots of cute bars and cafes on that street and not far from the metro station. The design of the hostel is nice and the private room I stayed in was definitely one of the nicest I've stayed in China! The discount at the cafe which is given to hostel patrons is great, but unfortunately the hostel has no kitchen and in summer when it is hot and humid, sitting in the garden outdoors is less comfortable and there is only a small common room that is easily full.

Tje loft design hostel looks amazing. They have this lovely garden and the american breakfast is amazing. When I were there there were a lot of local chinese people not so much western people so that was a pitty. I also thought that there were parties every friday but when I asked about it the staff just said not this friday.overall I really liked my stay in loft and the curtains in the dorms to shelther you from light or to provide you with privacy are really nice.

This was the best hostel in China I lived in and Chengdu, I guess , is China`s best city, too. The staff was helpful and friendly, facilities were clean.

Thanks for your review!~~Wish you a nice trip in China.