The Loft Design Hostel Reviews

No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu, Chengdu, China

The cafe at the hostel was super expensive so we never ate there. The tours were more expensive for pandas than doing it by yourself (Easy-see lonely planet). There was no Friday night welcome party as advertised because the venue "wasn't busy enough to have a party". Beds were comfy but bathrooms not great. The place was cold and poor ambience

• 4th Dec 2014

best hostel I've ever stayed in China

• 6th Nov 2014
  • China

The pungent smell from the public toilet at the ground floor was horrifying. The smell were only gone on the third day our stay. As we are staying in a room with bathroom attached, it did not affect us directly. Wondering how others were dealing with the smell. The trash in the room was not cleaned on daily basis. On day 2, the trash was cleared from the room but not the toilet. I could not figured out the "half-bake" kind of services provided. Location is good. Walking distance to metro.

We don't usually rate hostels but this hostel should be shut down due to high mould There were rats in the common areas and you can hear them in the night in the ceiling scratching around The room that we were put into was very mouldy and damp (to the point where the mattresses on all the beds felt wet). Three of the four people in the room developed a bad cough and we all discussed how dirty and damp this hostel was The bathrooms were the most disgusting we've seen in China Do not stay here!

We were so sorry about what you have met in our hostel. Chengdu is a high humid city especially in the winter time. We will turn the heating on then the first floor would be less humid. Also we do clean bathroom every hour,if you are unsatisfied,please tell us, we will clean it right away. Anyway, thanks for your stay and thanks for your review, Have a nice trip in China. Elva

Very helpfull staff, good place to stay. Room was a bit noisy though, bring your ear plugs!

Great place to stay, I highly recommand it !

• 27th Aug 2014

Happy friendly staff always ready to help, food excellent, very well run establishment. Thanks for a great stay.

Loft hostel was in a great location, lots of cute bars and cafes on that street and not far from the metro station. The design of the hostel is nice and the private room I stayed in was definitely one of the nicest I've stayed in China! The discount at the cafe which is given to hostel patrons is great, but unfortunately the hostel has no kitchen and in summer when it is hot and humid, sitting in the garden outdoors is less comfortable and there is only a small common room that is easily full.

Tje loft design hostel looks amazing. They have this lovely garden and the american breakfast is amazing. When I were there there were a lot of local chinese people not so much western people so that was a pitty. I also thought that there were parties every friday but when I asked about it the staff just said not this friday.overall I really liked my stay in loft and the curtains in the dorms to shelther you from light or to provide you with privacy are really nice.

This was the best hostel in China I lived in and Chengdu, I guess , is China`s best city, too. The staff was helpful and friendly, facilities were clean.

Thanks for your review!~~Wish you a nice trip in China.

Had a great time in this hostel, the staff was helpful and friendly and just around the corner there was a street with plenty of amazing spicy sichuan restaurant! I'll come back here one day for sure!

Amazing hostel. Nice well designed rooms and common areas. Good location and English speaking staff. Only negative point was the fact that there is no wifi in the rooms. And prices for food are very high for Chinese standards.

The staff is really nice, the courtyard is pleasant and cool, the rooms are comfortable. The loft hostel is in the very center of The city. Chengdu might be the best place to live and China and the loft hostel is the place to stay in !

• 24th Jul 2014

HaH, THANK YOU!~Have a nice trip in China. LOFT

Very cool hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Very positive experience!