The Loft Design Hostel Reviews

No.4 Xiao Tong Xiang, Tong Ren Road, Chengdu, Chengdu, China

The hostel was nice, the rooms were basic but the lobby area was really lovely. The staff were very friendly. Only downside is that the food in the hostel gave us BAD food poisoning which ruined a couple of days of our trip! It made me question the cleanliness of the hostel,

The loft was hard to find, I somehow ended up with 2 different locations (google maps and the map on hostel world) and it was at neither of those ( it's on the street with the big bend in the road- xiaotong lane). the lockers didn't work in the room so I just kept my valuables with me. The facility itself is super cool with a lot of loungey/coffee shop areas. A real hipster vibe. And it's located in the art district which is fun to walk around. Easy to get to the pandas also.

Hostel is near a nice little old town street. There were also some delicious yet cheap food and beers. Location is good. One of our showers wasn't very warm, otherwise we were happy with our rooms.

it is our pleasure to have your good score

We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay here. First - location is great, nearby you have alot of choice where to eat out. Also a short walk from a metro station. Second - the staff where brilliant. Very helpful. They helped us book a flight, explained where to get the airport shuttle bus from as well as the bus to check out Chengdu Panda Breeding Centre. Third - we were in a 4 bed mixed dorm, bed very comfy and the corridors where quiet at night so slept well.

Very nice hostel. Looks great. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Only downside is showers are a bit far. Otherwise great! Location is really good too, lots of great cafes on the same street.

Great staff, dorms are small but only 4 people. Fantastic location.

Lovely place with wonderful staff. We had a double bed room with a bath (!) in the private bathroom. Felt like a lovely studio apartment. Dumpling party was good fun and tasty :) The cafe downstairs is nice too.

The room to the front can get a bit noisy due to the thin windows. But the hostel for sure got a stylish and cozy atmosphere in a very central location. Great value for money, would definately stay again.

Pretty cool hostel the location is worth it! It's in a very artistic trandy part of town. We would stay there again.

Comfy rooms and lounge, convenient location, helpful staff. Had a great stay!

• 24th Oct 2015

All credit and Thanks goes to Always helpful, Friendly Hostel Staff Johnny, Siyuan and other front desk staff which I do not even know their names. Without their help I could not survive in Chengdu (I can not speak Mandarin at all) Their help was priceless, Countless translations, advises and organizing things for me

• 20th Sep 2015

The staff was very helpfull with booking tickets and organise tours. They have a nice restaurant where you can have coffee and breakfast.

the room was big, clean and comfy. though at the beginning one of the rooms wasn't made, they moved us to another one straight away and apologize for the mistake

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Chile

Very nice place in an old building with a nice vibe. There is a cute artsy cafe on the ground floor. The staff were very helpful with arranging the airport transfer which worked out very smoothly.

• 2nd Sep 2015

The hostel is alright. Its a bit annoying that only two showers service like two floors. The rooms are grand, the common area is nice too, but T.Vs and films to watch on them being available. The staff could do with a bit of cheering up really..very mundane and rather disinterested. But it's in a grand location and meets your needs. The prices of the tours are shocking though! Def just arrange it yourself...something the staff ain't too happy to help ya with I found too

Nice little hostel. Staff are great with good English and always happy to help. Really relaxed and chilled out as well

A nice hostel, even though it is about 10-15min walk from the metro station. The toilets and bathrooms were clean and the place was cozy. There were almost no foreigners there, or at least I didn't see any, so it wasn't such a good place to socialize. The staff was excelent, they even helped me buy a new phone because I broke mine.

Thanks for staying our hostel,hope you enjoyed your trip in China.Good luck:)

I really love this hostel and would recommend everyone come and stay here. It is a very fashionable place but it is not expensive to stay . The staff are extremely friendly and always willing to help. Thank you!