The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

a hostel like a hostel should be excellent staff, and wonderful traveler atmosphere highly recommended!!

The Loft is one of the greatest places in the world. Seriously, this place is freaking wicked. Super laid back, super groovy. Maria is a doll (thanks for taking us out, you rock lady!) and the whole place just makes you feel at home. It was our pleasure to stay, and we were both pretty devastated to be moving on... We will both be back at some point! We're too in love with budapest and you guys not to, so thanks for ruining all other hostels ever for us, I doubt we'll find anything nicer :D

Loved this place. Out of all the hostels I have stayed at, this one felt the most like home. Maria was very welcoming and helpful. One night she asked everyone in the hostel if they wanted to experience the nightlife. She brought a lot of us together which made it easy to bond with everyone the rest of the time there. If you are looking for a low key and not overwhelming chain hostel, this is your place. The place only holds 18 people.

• 16th Oct 2014

One of my favourite hostels. Very relaxed atmosphere - as a solo traveller, I found it very easy to make friends, and the people here were fantastic. Nice social areas and well equipped kitchen. Maria is amazing- sat down with me for at least 20 minutes when I arrived to explain all the do's and dont's and best parts of the city. She was always hard at work and very welcoming. Great facilities and comfortable beds. One and only issue was the bathrooms- only 2 for whole hostel. Otherwise perfect!

I had a great stay at the Loft Hostel Budapest. I felt like at home literally from the very first moment. Very nice place, clean, friendly, the staff was very open, nice and helpful. They gave me a lot of good advices about sightseeing and places to eat, etc.

their service impressed me the mostly. After booking, they sent me email with map direction. The lady is so helpful providing various kind of info. She is so wonderful. the hostel locates in an old/historical apartment building. It's kind of neat experience. Probably because our room is bit far from the center, wi-fi signal is not good. Our ensuite is big but the bed is too low and too soft for me. It's bit cold at night time. it's near central market but so close to others.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • China

Small histel with really nice atmosphere, cosy and friendly.

Loved it. Maria is awesome. Gets you involved very quickly. Easy to meet people. Fun town. Great bars. Beds are a little thin for a bad back but.....no big deal. Well worth it. Best place in Budapest. It feels like you're at home.

it was a very nice stay for us.The staff was very friendly and helpful.The location may be the best in budapest .I will prefer staying there for my next visit to budapest.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

I couldn't recommend this place more, feels like home as soon as you walk through the door! The common room brings everyone staying in the hostel together and makes it really easy to form close friendships, which as a solo traveller was ideal! Maria is super friendly and very helpful. Everything you want to see in Budapest is in walking distance and the nightlife is close by! If you are wanting to make friends and enjoy some creature comforts this is your place!

Probably my favourite hostel on this trip. Good location, great common room, comfy beds, small hostel, and of course the staff were young, enthusiastic and super helpful! Definitely returning.

I loved the Loft! Friendly and helpful staff, awesome location, chilled vibes and great to meet like minded people. Oh and the actual loft it self is super cool. Highly recommended!

This hostel was a little bit unorganised with things like sorting out bedding and keeping bedroom lamps working, but the whole place was so friendly it didn't both us at all. The staff are very approachable and sort out any problems right away and due to the emphasis on being a friendly hostel, everybody who stays there is lookkng to make friends and socialise. We had an absolutely fantastic holiday and we feel that this was largely due to the hostel. We will definitely be staying here again!!

• 14th Sep 2014

Hostel was great, staff was good, and it was very cozy. I would stay here again!

Loved my stay at The Loft. The place is really cozy, and made me feel at home. The location is excellent, and the neighborhood map that they give when you arrive is brilliant, with lots of useful tips and great places to eat. Thanks Maria for the great map tour  The atmosphere is laid back, and I met loads of great people there. The place is clean, and the bathrooms have a good size. I stayed at a 6 bed dorm, and had good nights of sleep. Would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Sep 2014

The Loft rocks! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff here is amazing. As soon as you arrive they sit you down and tell you all about budapest and what you can do there. The staff are also incredibly personable. This is a small comfortable hostel with a great social atmosphere. Within walking distance to many of the major sites. Would highly recommend this hostel.

Such an amazing hostel to make great friends! This place literally feels like a loft, small and cozy an comfortable. The hostel crew is really great and inviting also!

This was one of the best, if not the best hostel experiences I've ever had. The staff were extremely accommodating, took care of you and made you feel like family. The atmosphere was great and really brought everyone together. Clean bathrooms, comfy beds, free tea and coffee. Would definitely go again!

Awesome place that makes sure you have a good stay in Budapest. Furthermore, all of the guests hang out and do things together so if you are traveling solo you will make friends.

The best hostel I have ever stayed at! Staff are friendly and helpful, atmosphere of the entire hostel is fantastic and perfect for solo travellers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4