The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

500 characters is not enough to be able to say all the amazing things I have to say about this place. I will never stay anywhere else on my next visits to Budapest. The staff is incredible. The hostel itself only has 18 beds, so it turns into a mini-family when you are here. Location is superb, well within walking distance. They provide you a mini map of the nearby area with their favorite places- so helpful! I wish this hostel could have moved with me on the rest of my trip. THE BEST!

Extremely helpful and attentive staff have created a chilled out and laid back environment at this small hostel in the heart of Budapest. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a hot beverage and an in depth introduction to the city with two maps - tourist map for the sites and a "local" map to help us find the best and cheapest way to live in that part of town. None of this was done in a pretentious, "added bonus" kind of way but rather a "feel at home" kind of way. The best hostel.

A really nice small hostel! The staff were lovely and always happy to help with local info (especially food related). The map they provide on check in was very helpful, lots of local tips on good places to eat/shop. I think your experience here would depend on the group of guests you're with given that it is so small. There aren't any activities arranged and this hostel is probably more suited to a traveller wanting to do their own thing.

Really friendly environment created by staff who really care. Great advice given about where to go and what to do, especially regarding where to eat locally.

• 12th Nov 2014

Wonderful staff, nice location. It's like you are sitting in your own attic :) and also a social hostel where you easily meet other people without the usual 'pub crawl atmosphere'

Favorite hostel so far in our two months of traveling! Amazingly helpful and friendly staff, laided back and welcoming atmosphere, and convient downtown Budapest location. You really should stay here.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in my 6 years of travels. The staff is awesome and always going out of the way to help you. A home away from home :)

a hostel like a hostel should be excellent staff, and wonderful traveler atmosphere highly recommended!!

The Loft is one of the greatest places in the world. Seriously, this place is freaking wicked. Super laid back, super groovy. Maria is a doll (thanks for taking us out, you rock lady!) and the whole place just makes you feel at home. It was our pleasure to stay, and we were both pretty devastated to be moving on... We will both be back at some point! We're too in love with budapest and you guys not to, so thanks for ruining all other hostels ever for us, I doubt we'll find anything nicer :D

Loved this place. Out of all the hostels I have stayed at, this one felt the most like home. Maria was very welcoming and helpful. One night she asked everyone in the hostel if they wanted to experience the nightlife. She brought a lot of us together which made it easy to bond with everyone the rest of the time there. If you are looking for a low key and not overwhelming chain hostel, this is your place. The place only holds 18 people.

One of my favourite hostels. Very relaxed atmosphere - as a solo traveller, I found it very easy to make friends, and the people here were fantastic. Nice social areas and well equipped kitchen. Maria is amazing- sat down with me for at least 20 minutes when I arrived to explain all the do's and dont's and best parts of the city. She was always hard at work and very welcoming. Great facilities and comfortable beds. One and only issue was the bathrooms- only 2 for whole hostel. Otherwise perfect!

I had a great stay at the Loft Hostel Budapest. I felt like at home literally from the very first moment. Very nice place, clean, friendly, the staff was very open, nice and helpful. They gave me a lot of good advices about sightseeing and places to eat, etc.

their service impressed me the mostly. After booking, they sent me email with map direction. The lady is so helpful providing various kind of info. She is so wonderful. the hostel locates in an old/historical apartment building. It's kind of neat experience. Probably because our room is bit far from the center, wi-fi signal is not good. Our ensuite is big but the bed is too low and too soft for me. It's bit cold at night time. it's near central market but so close to others.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • China

Small histel with really nice atmosphere, cosy and friendly.

Loved it. Maria is awesome. Gets you involved very quickly. Easy to meet people. Fun town. Great bars. Beds are a little thin for a bad back but.....no big deal. Well worth it. Best place in Budapest. It feels like you're at home.

it was a very nice stay for us.The staff was very friendly and helpful.The location may be the best in budapest .I will prefer staying there for my next visit to budapest.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

I couldn't recommend this place more, feels like home as soon as you walk through the door! The common room brings everyone staying in the hostel together and makes it really easy to form close friendships, which as a solo traveller was ideal! Maria is super friendly and very helpful. Everything you want to see in Budapest is in walking distance and the nightlife is close by! If you are wanting to make friends and enjoy some creature comforts this is your place!

Probably my favourite hostel on this trip. Good location, great common room, comfy beds, small hostel, and of course the staff were young, enthusiastic and super helpful! Definitely returning.

I loved the Loft! Friendly and helpful staff, awesome location, chilled vibes and great to meet like minded people. Oh and the actual loft it self is super cool. Highly recommended!

One of my very favourite hostels and would definately stay again. The hostel has the best atmosphere, staff are awesome and guests quickly turn into friends. You are given a map of the city and a seperate map of things the hostel recommends, very well thought through. Could not recommend highly enough .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4