The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Really welcoming feel to the whole place, only about 3 rooms so a great chance to get to know everybody. The common space is really comfortable, like a big living room for everyone. The vibe is laid back and the staff and guests are all very kind, helpful, and open. Only thing I would say is that there are only 2 bathrooms and no handle for the shower head so you need to hold it.

• 11th Apr 2015

Really nice, chilled staff and great little hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

An unusual place! I'm not sure that such a small hostel is really my style after all. I felt pressure to go out at night when all I wanted was to collapse into bad at the end of a very long day of hiking. There is absolutely no privacy or anonymity, which made it awkward when one of the two staff members stayed up till one in the morning drinking and playing music loudly with one of the other guests right outside of my room.... Overall, not awful, but I don't think I'd come back.

Best stay in my trip. Among all the hostels I stayed in, Loft Hostel was the best by far. The friendly staff and excellent location made it the best option for my trip. Totally recommended

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

I loved the atmosphere of the hostel, it's super relaxing and inviting. I felt like I was at home. Shane was awesome and took me out the first night I was here. Super friendly staff. I ended up booking a few more days after the first day because I enjoyed it so much. Wifi works great, it's very clean, full kitchen so you can buy food and cook what you want. I highly recommend staying here!

Very clean! Although a bit hard to find at first, you get used to it! Location's superb too! Near the Danube, and is very safe :) Hostel's very nice too, common room very comfortable.

Many thanks to Sheldon/Shane for a great stay in Budapest! This hostel was ideal for me as a solo traveler, the atmosphere is relaxed and the hostel is clean, spacious and homely. Its walking distance from everything but far enough from the nightlife to avoid any seediness. It felt safe/secure with 24hr keypad access and a free locker. The boys promote a chilled but fun environment and will help you no end to get out and see the sights and will provide you with all the insider info you'll need.

• 15th Mar 2015

The Loft Hostel was a fantastic place to stay! It was small enough to get to know the other guests, and the staff were very helpful in recommending places to eat and things to do. I would stay there again and I highly recommend it!

Excellent area. Sheldon gave us great advice and tips for excellent restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If we needed anything, they were very helpful and also gave us great recommendations for places to go and visit in the city. Excellent experience and I will recommend this hostel to friends!

Good hostel, the ambiance was cool. I would recommend to future travelers for the comfort and especially for solo travelers.

I will definitely stay at this hostel again if I'm going to visit Budapest in the future. The staff Emily & Manito are an amazing people, willing to help and answer any of our question plus they gave good suggestions.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

A very down to earth hostel, the stairs may be a killer if the lift isn't working, but it is well worth it for the atmosphere and the very accommodating staff. Highly recommended for your stay in Budapest as it is very central and close to lots of pubs/food and the metro for getting around the greater metro area.

• 25th Jan 2015

Great, small hostel. Staff was very helpful with any questions we had. Nice area, place was clean and quiet.

I can't even. I travelled for 12 months and this was by a country mile my favourite hostel. I'm recommending it to people in real life.

The Loft is such a great hostel. The size is perfect. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff are extremely helpful and the location is great. I particularly enjoyed heading out to all the local eateries recommended by the staff. From now on I will only look to stay at small hostels like 'The Loft.' Will recommend to all my friends and family. You guys rock.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

this hostel is really special. To stay here feels like spending time in your best friends apartment, sounds cliche perhaps, but is very accurate. It is incredibly cozy and comfortable, also the staff is great and led me to the best food that budapest has to offer. Not a party hostel, great for solo travelers. Stay here, you won't regret it. They even have good coffee

• 5th Jan 2015

This place is awesome, feels like going to visit some old friends. Cozy loft style apartment with comfy living room and kitchen. really welcoming people looking to make friends and great memories. the location is walking distance from so many major sites and a cool authentic budapest style building. the staff will take you to local food spots and make sure you love budapest as much as they do! highly recommend staying here if you have the opportunity. they know what hosteling is all about!

This was an amazing hostel. It felt like visiting a friends place. The staff definitely will make you feel at home, and are great to hang with, check out local bars with, and just sit around eating spicy sausage and bread and Eros Pešto with. They have good information on the best places to eat because they eat there too. Highly recommend this hostel if you can handle the relaxed, homey environment, and friendly staff.

Excellent location and very friendly staff. Nice common room should provide potential for a great atmosphere, but it was relatively dead during our couple days there Overall I'd say very good but a bit on the pricier side vs. other alternatives

« first « Prev 1 2 3