The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Really enjoyed our stay, perfect location!

• 26th Aug 2015

Great location, great price. Kind of annoying being on the 4th floor- bit of a trek to get out to the street. Really nice friendly atmosphere

Best hostel in the world! The layout makes it feel more like a home than a hotel. Would highly recommend it as a solo traveller!

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Had a fun time there

THIS is the hostel to be at. My welcome to the hostel was personal and SO informative, the feel of the loft is like home, the staff are so friendly and helpful and the location is IDEAL. There's even a free food basket and free clothing basket from things other people left which I thought was a great idea. As an avid traveler, I can tell you this was great! Hey staff! If you're ever in Barcelona, let me know! (Jade)

I really liked this hostel overall. The staff is super helpful and willing to give recommendations about the city. I didn't find the atmosphere to be that social, but I think that might have just been a factor of when I was there (during Sziget). The hostel is very cozy.

This was a small, relaxed place to stay. It had a great location and security was very good. I met a lot of great people at this hostel, it's a nice place to meet others when travelling solo but not a party place. Unfortunately my last night the power was out all evening/night and the hostel didn't have any candles, flashlights or anything so that was kind of annoying.

The hostel was really nice and familiar, the stuff really helpfull but it was summer and it was too hot. No air conditioner and not enough fans

awesome place to see and expore Budapest ... great vibe and a good hostel to meet travellers and have fun... not to mention the staff was awesome... 110% recommebdes

• 7th Aug 2015
  • India

Great hostel to meet people, comfortable rooms and clean bathrooms. The staff are excellent, provide detailed info about the city and go out of their way to help out.

If your after a chilled out hostel with a great atmosphere and people to go out with at night the loft is perfect! Staff and facilities were amazing.

Great location in a very cool old building. There's a nice kitchen and common area. Very small and lots of solo travelers. When you arrive they sit down with you and a map of the city, pointing out not only the main attractions and sights but also great restaurants, cafes, bars etc. .. Super helpful! If you're looking for something small and chill, this is it.

Awesome Staff! Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

The hostel is in a good location just 300m from the bus stop and metro, ans its location is nearby the city center, shopping street. Staff is really helpful, he did introduce the city to us, gave us a map, which is really great.

Very comfortable, quiet, and clean. A place for people who want to relax while out of the streets. This is not a place for those who look for parties. I have read that it had a good atmosphere for meeting people, but I must have been unlucky with the folks that were there. Had only a handful conversations and no one seemed to be into going out to the ruin bars and etc. the best point to me is the intro made by Emily. She really nailed it in all her recommendations.

Amazing, warm, and welcoming hostel! Would highly recommend for fellow solo travelers and backpackers. I enjoyed my stay in Budapest largely because of the cool people and staff I met here. They even lent us towels for free to visit the thermal baths.

This hostel is a really good choice if you are looking for a small hostel with a nice atmosphere and cool people to meet, this is the hostel for you! Staying at the hostel, it almost feels like you are living in an appartment in Budapest. It is not really a party hostel, if you are looking for that, but people that stay here like to drink a beer and play a game in the living room, before heading out to a bar in Budapest. Furthermore, the hostel is clean and has an excellent location :)

Quirky, little hostel. Really friendly and helpful staff - told us what to see/ where to go. Fab location.

This was a wonderful hostel! The staff was great and always there if you needed anything. It felt more like a friends house than a hostel. My only complaint is that there was no air conditioning and it was 100+ degrees outside so a few more fans would have been great.

• 16th Jul 2015

We loved our stay at the loft hostel! It's a small hostel, so it was easy to meet lots of other travellers and the staff was great. Our only issue was that there was no air conditioning, and it got quite hot in the rooms. There were fans, but not quite enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4