The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Great, small hostel. Staff was very helpful with any questions we had. Nice area, place was clean and quiet.

The Loft is such a great hostel. The size is perfect. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff are extremely helpful and the location is great. I particularly enjoyed heading out to all the local eateries recommended by the staff. From now on I will only look to stay at small hostels like 'The Loft.' Will recommend to all my friends and family. You guys rock.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

this hostel is really special. To stay here feels like spending time in your best friends apartment, sounds cliche perhaps, but is very accurate. It is incredibly cozy and comfortable, also the staff is great and led me to the best food that budapest has to offer. Not a party hostel, great for solo travelers. Stay here, you won't regret it. They even have good coffee

• 5th Jan 2015

This place is awesome, feels like going to visit some old friends. Cozy loft style apartment with comfy living room and kitchen. really welcoming people looking to make friends and great memories. the location is walking distance from so many major sites and a cool authentic budapest style building. the staff will take you to local food spots and make sure you love budapest as much as they do! highly recommend staying here if you have the opportunity. they know what hosteling is all about!

This was an amazing hostel. It felt like visiting a friends place. The staff definitely will make you feel at home, and are great to hang with, check out local bars with, and just sit around eating spicy sausage and bread and Eros Pešto with. They have good information on the best places to eat because they eat there too. Highly recommend this hostel if you can handle the relaxed, homey environment, and friendly staff.

Excellent location and very friendly staff. Nice common room should provide potential for a great atmosphere, but it was relatively dead during our couple days there Overall I'd say very good but a bit on the pricier side vs. other alternatives

The location of the hostel is central. Stuff is very very helpful. They helped us to check in before right time. The atmosphere of the hostel is very friednly and it is easy to meet with new people; perfect for single travelers.

The Loft is like the rest of Budapest; it has loads of character, and you know it the minute you walk through the historical buildings. Staff and people are really friendly and kind, and I would recommend this place to others. :)

Everything about this hostel is amazing and wonderful. The staff is so knowledgeable and helpful, and the location is perfect. The hostel itself is in the COOLEST building. I loved everything about my stay at the Loft. While traveling, I have never felt more at home.

• 11th Dec 2014

The Loft had to be one of the top few Hostels I stayed in during my two month trip. The place feels like you're in a friend's house. There's a small but well-used kitchen, and a big living room with tons of couches. When I stayed, there were just about 8 of us in the 8-bed dorm, so we all got to be very friendly, and we all went out with three of the staff members to guide us around town. The staff were so helpful, giving a super run-down of the city on arrival and making us feel at home. Go!

Honestly, one of The most amazing hostels i have ever stayed in. When i first arrived i Was offered a cup of tea And juanito kindly gave me all The information i needed on absolutely everything! My only regret Was having to leave so early in The morning And not getting the chance to properly thanks the staff or even say goodbye but THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I Loved every minute! Jessie(the Irish girl)

• 10th Dec 2014

This hostel was perhaps one of my favorite after four months of traveling. The staff was phenomenal and they truly made it feel like a home away from home!

• 5th Dec 2014

Really nice hostel to stay in, feels very homely and welcoming which is a pleasant change from mass bunk rooms! Staff are chill & cool as well as being helpful. Cheap washing too which is always a bonus. Would stay again if/when in Budapest.

Incredibly warm, friendly and helpful staff. It is true what they say, that the place you stay at can make or break your experience of a city. Plenty of tea on hand, lockers, and big rooms. They were sweet enough to loan me flip flops for the thermal baths in the middle of my winter stay. This hostel's charm made me fall in love with Budapest. Thank you all for your hospitality!

Loved my stay at the Loft! Everyone who works there is super friendly and really helpful in finding my way around Budapest! Would definitely recommend staying here - loved the big common area with couches to lounge on, super convenient to the Great Market Hall and Vaci Utca, and a short walk to most everything. I only really needed public transit to get to the Parliament and the Bath Houses, and everything connected 5 minutes away from the hostel. Thanks again for a great stay!!!

Stayed here in a double room with my partner which turned out was an actual full 1 bedroom apartment. We had a kitchen, about 3 towels each, full bathroom. They really go all out in terms of what they give you. The staff were nice & helpful & the hostel is in a great, central location. My only complaint was that there wasn't a real social aspect about it with no events arranged. Maybe we were unlucky with the guests because they just watched movies every night. Wouldn't stay as solo traveler.

I had a brilliant time at The Loft. The staff were lovely, the other guests were fun, it's a good place to make friends and hang out. Definitely one of my favourite hostels (and I've stayed in a lot of them).

500 characters is not enough to be able to say all the amazing things I have to say about this place. I will never stay anywhere else on my next visits to Budapest. The staff is incredible. The hostel itself only has 18 beds, so it turns into a mini-family when you are here. Location is superb, well within walking distance. They provide you a mini map of the nearby area with their favorite places- so helpful! I wish this hostel could have moved with me on the rest of my trip. THE BEST!

Extremely helpful and attentive staff have created a chilled out and laid back environment at this small hostel in the heart of Budapest. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a hot beverage and an in depth introduction to the city with two maps - tourist map for the sites and a "local" map to help us find the best and cheapest way to live in that part of town. None of this was done in a pretentious, "added bonus" kind of way but rather a "feel at home" kind of way. The best hostel.

A really nice small hostel! The staff were lovely and always happy to help with local info (especially food related). The map they provide on check in was very helpful, lots of local tips on good places to eat/shop. I think your experience here would depend on the group of guests you're with given that it is so small. There aren't any activities arranged and this hostel is probably more suited to a traveller wanting to do their own thing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4