The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

the most social hostel i've ever stayed at, a small community where everyone in the hostel actually went out together

I had an amazing time at this hostel! It feels like home away from home. The staff is so nice and always willing to help. Amazing people amazing hostel! I would definately recommend it!!

Great place to stay in a great location away from noise but near the main street. Only 2 bathrooms so there can be a bit of waiting. But everything else was perfect. Nice common room and kitchen where you can chill out. Staff provided a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

easily, one of the best hostels i stayed at. it has a laid back and friendly atmosphere. i loved the amount of art/ painted walls throughout the kitchen space and reception it gave it a funky vibe too. all if the staff were very friendly and were able to answer all of my questions very easily and gave me suggestions that seemed to have a more local feel. another asset of the hostel was the ease of ability to meet people. i would definitely recommend it for solo travellers.

I can't recommend The Loft enough. If you're tired of all the impersonal hostel chains, this is the place to be! Very small and cozy, the staff are incredibly welcoming and make it very easy for guests to mingle. It felt more like staying with a friend who lives in Budapest. They also give you an intro to the city with their own map of the area which was PRIME.

I loved the personal introduction and the offer to have tea while the map was brought out and a quick summary was done for the area. I know you must go through it several times a day but it was really nice to have that face to face interaction. Everyone at the hostel was so welcoming and nice, it really boosted my desire to find smaller hostels in the future.

I had a great stay at the loft. Really huge dorm so we weren't sleeping on top of each other. Everyone was so helpful too. I would definely come back!

• 13th May 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel, it was perfect for a solo traveller as it was very friendly and cosy, and had a great communal sofa area and kitchen where it was so easy to meet people. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and were very careful about security which is reassuring. Great location, good facilities, lovely atmosphere, can't really fault it (except for my mattress being a bit thin, but the pros of the hostel far outweigh this). Would 100% recommend, it made my stay in Budapest.

Made me feel like at home. Very good location. Helpful and nice staff. Really recommend it.

I had an awesome stay! Great atmosphere.

LOVED my stay here. As a solo traveler, this place is perfect with the open common room and large sleeping rooms. The staff was fantastic, so friendly and eager to give advice and help, such as with bus times and places to eat/drink. Definitely for those who are looking to meet people and hang out. The location is perfect, right by food and bars, the sites are all nearby as well. The "key" is a code on a wristband, a perfect "if lost please return to:". I loved it! Would absolutely recommend

It was an absolut pleasure to stay. Staff is super friendly, always there and always trying to help out! Also the price was absolutly fantastic! Woundnt stay at any other place in Budapest! Highly recommended! Cant wait to return!

• 1st May 2015

Decided to stay here after reading the reviews. Place was pretty cool and met some nice people. Unfortunately, my goals of getting my drank and party on did not align with any of the other guests or the hostel staff, so I was not able to have the good time I was looking for. But I still was able to explore Budapest and have fun. Recommend a party hostel if partying is on your itinerary at all.

It was a pleasure to stay in this hostel. Staff is the best thing! They are always available to help you with everything and go out with to have dinner or to drink some beers. The hostel is very small, so you can meet people very easy. It also has a very good relation value for money. Definitely come back to this hostel!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, as a solo traveller I felt so welcome and the small size of the hostel meant you can socialise easily with other guests. The staff are brilliant, we all went out together for food, walks and to bars as a hostel and I even got sent off with fresh baked bread when I left! The location is excellent for exploring the beautiful sights of Budapest. The beds are comfy and the showers warm, a perfect place to feel at home away from home.

• 11th Apr 2015

Really welcoming feel to the whole place, only about 3 rooms so a great chance to get to know everybody. The common space is really comfortable, like a big living room for everyone. The vibe is laid back and the staff and guests are all very kind, helpful, and open. Only thing I would say is that there are only 2 bathrooms and no handle for the shower head so you need to hold it.

• 11th Apr 2015

As a solo traveler I had a great time at this hostel. It's small, but very cozy. The staff make you feel right at home. Shane and Sheldon were great hosts and made sure we all were enjoying ourselves. I never felt pressured to go out at night like in some hostels that charge for pub crawls, etc.

Really nice, chilled staff and great little hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

An unusual place! I'm not sure that such a small hostel is really my style after all. I felt pressure to go out at night when all I wanted was to collapse into bad at the end of a very long day of hiking. There is absolutely no privacy or anonymity, which made it awkward when one of the two staff members stayed up till one in the morning drinking and playing music loudly with one of the other guests right outside of my room.... Overall, not awful, but I don't think I'd come back.

Best stay in my trip. Among all the hostels I stayed in, Loft Hostel was the best by far. The friendly staff and excellent location made it the best option for my trip. Totally recommended

• 30th Mar 2015