The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Everything about this hostel is amazing and wonderful. The staff is so knowledgeable and helpful, and the location is perfect. The hostel itself is in the COOLEST building. I loved everything about my stay at the Loft. While traveling, I have never felt more at home.

• 11th Dec 2014

Honestly, one of The most amazing hostels i have ever stayed in. When i first arrived i Was offered a cup of tea And juanito kindly gave me all The information i needed on absolutely everything! My only regret Was having to leave so early in The morning And not getting the chance to properly thanks the staff or even say goodbye but THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I Loved every minute! Jessie(the Irish girl)

• 10th Dec 2014

This hostel was perhaps one of my favorite after four months of traveling. The staff was phenomenal and they truly made it feel like a home away from home!

• 5th Dec 2014

Really nice hostel to stay in, feels very homely and welcoming which is a pleasant change from mass bunk rooms! Staff are chill & cool as well as being helpful. Cheap washing too which is always a bonus. Would stay again if/when in Budapest.

Incredibly warm, friendly and helpful staff. It is true what they say, that the place you stay at can make or break your experience of a city. Plenty of tea on hand, lockers, and big rooms. They were sweet enough to loan me flip flops for the thermal baths in the middle of my winter stay. This hostel's charm made me fall in love with Budapest. Thank you all for your hospitality!

Loved my stay at the Loft! Everyone who works there is super friendly and really helpful in finding my way around Budapest! Would definitely recommend staying here - loved the big common area with couches to lounge on, super convenient to the Great Market Hall and Vaci Utca, and a short walk to most everything. I only really needed public transit to get to the Parliament and the Bath Houses, and everything connected 5 minutes away from the hostel. Thanks again for a great stay!!!

Stayed here in a double room with my partner which turned out was an actual full 1 bedroom apartment. We had a kitchen, about 3 towels each, full bathroom. They really go all out in terms of what they give you. The staff were nice & helpful & the hostel is in a great, central location. My only complaint was that there wasn't a real social aspect about it with no events arranged. Maybe we were unlucky with the guests because they just watched movies every night. Wouldn't stay as solo traveler.

I had a brilliant time at The Loft. The staff were lovely, the other guests were fun, it's a good place to make friends and hang out. Definitely one of my favourite hostels (and I've stayed in a lot of them).

500 characters is not enough to be able to say all the amazing things I have to say about this place. I will never stay anywhere else on my next visits to Budapest. The staff is incredible. The hostel itself only has 18 beds, so it turns into a mini-family when you are here. Location is superb, well within walking distance. They provide you a mini map of the nearby area with their favorite places- so helpful! I wish this hostel could have moved with me on the rest of my trip. THE BEST!

Extremely helpful and attentive staff have created a chilled out and laid back environment at this small hostel in the heart of Budapest. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a hot beverage and an in depth introduction to the city with two maps - tourist map for the sites and a "local" map to help us find the best and cheapest way to live in that part of town. None of this was done in a pretentious, "added bonus" kind of way but rather a "feel at home" kind of way. The best hostel.

A really nice small hostel! The staff were lovely and always happy to help with local info (especially food related). The map they provide on check in was very helpful, lots of local tips on good places to eat/shop. I think your experience here would depend on the group of guests you're with given that it is so small. There aren't any activities arranged and this hostel is probably more suited to a traveller wanting to do their own thing.

Really friendly environment created by staff who really care. Great advice given about where to go and what to do, especially regarding where to eat locally.

• 12th Nov 2014

Wonderful staff, nice location. It's like you are sitting in your own attic :) and also a social hostel where you easily meet other people without the usual 'pub crawl atmosphere'

Favorite hostel so far in our two months of traveling! Amazingly helpful and friendly staff, laided back and welcoming atmosphere, and convient downtown Budapest location. You really should stay here.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in my 6 years of travels. The staff is awesome and always going out of the way to help you. A home away from home :)

GREAT small hostel in a great location. the building is beaauuutiful. nice big common space with couches! very cozy feeling hostel. i loved it

a hostel like a hostel should be excellent staff, and wonderful traveler atmosphere highly recommended!!

The Loft is one of the greatest places in the world. Seriously, this place is freaking wicked. Super laid back, super groovy. Maria is a doll (thanks for taking us out, you rock lady!) and the whole place just makes you feel at home. It was our pleasure to stay, and we were both pretty devastated to be moving on... We will both be back at some point! We're too in love with budapest and you guys not to, so thanks for ruining all other hostels ever for us, I doubt we'll find anything nicer :D

Loved this place. Out of all the hostels I have stayed at, this one felt the most like home. Maria was very welcoming and helpful. One night she asked everyone in the hostel if they wanted to experience the nightlife. She brought a lot of us together which made it easy to bond with everyone the rest of the time there. If you are looking for a low key and not overwhelming chain hostel, this is your place. The place only holds 18 people.

One of my favourite hostels. Very relaxed atmosphere - as a solo traveller, I found it very easy to make friends, and the people here were fantastic. Nice social areas and well equipped kitchen. Maria is amazing- sat down with me for at least 20 minutes when I arrived to explain all the do's and dont's and best parts of the city. She was always hard at work and very welcoming. Great facilities and comfortable beds. One and only issue was the bathrooms- only 2 for whole hostel. Otherwise perfect!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4