The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

It was a really small hostel and it was an actual 'loft' which was cool. As its really small it's very easy to meet new travellers which we did. Upon arrival a member of staff sits you down and goes through the map of the city explains where to go and what to do which we found useful. The walk to the castle is about 30 minutes but the city is beautiful so it was nice to see the sights. The staff do your washing for a small charge which is very nice. Definitely worth your time and money!

I had a great experience at the loft. Whether you're looking for a casual place to stay or to meet people, The Loft will be perfect. The locations great, the hosts are great and really helpful, and there's a huge living room to chill alone or with other people. The bathrooms could use an update, but they still work well and give hot water. Would definitely stay there again!

• 21st Jun 2015

Great location and very cosy atmosphere. The staff were really helpful- they actually sat me down and gave me an orientation of their fabulous city!

Best hostel in the world! Always a must stay when I come to Budapest.

We absolutely loved the place! The furniture, the wall paintings, all the colours and the many facilities. Keep up the good work!

This is by far my favorite hostel I have stayed in. They gave us a great orientation of the city when we first arrived even though it was super early and gave us good tips and information throughout our stay. While the hostel is small (only about 20 beds) it is very social and we ended up going out with pretty much everyone that was staying there one of the nights which was great. I stayed with my boyfriend in the private which is like having your own apartment (kitchen and everything). Highly

Fantastic hostel. Amazing staff who took the time to sit down and explain about Budapest and talk me through a map. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 31st May 2015

Basically the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Out of at least 20. Staff are super nice, give a good introduction to the city when you arrive, will help with any questions, and help with bookings. Atmosphere is really nice and relaxed, very bohemian. Small total volume, so everyone knew everyone. Great for solo backpackers. Everyone respects the place but still manage to have a lot of fun at night, unlike some of the more party hostels.

I looooved my stay at the loft hostel. It has the most welcoming common space I have come across so far and is used by all guests, which means you`ll meet many new friends by the end of your first day. It felt like home, I was relaxed and comfortable my entire stay.

The Loft is a very welcoming hostel, from the moment I checked in I was treated like family. Given a map and tips to navigate while I'm in Budapest and within a couple hours of being at the hostel I had made new friends and was off to dinner and the ruin bars. The hostel is clean, safe, WiFi is good, clean towels and sheets are provided, and the location is great. I emailed The Loft a 2 days before asking if I could come early and Emily who works there made it happen! Will stay here again!

the most social hostel i've ever stayed at, a small community where everyone in the hostel actually went out together

I had an amazing time at this hostel! It feels like home away from home. The staff is so nice and always willing to help. Amazing people amazing hostel! I would definately recommend it!!

Probably my favorite hostel so far. Really homey hostel- it felt like I was staying at a friend's place, not a hostel. The staff was friendly, and this didn't really feel like a party hostel, but still had an awesome atmosphere. And the location is so convenient. I'd definitely recommend staying here!

We had a very pleasant stay at the Loft Hostel - it has a very relaxed atmosphere and it is easy to talk to people and hang out together at night. Important to note, though, that it is a pretty small hostel (around 15 beds) so if you are up for meeting lots of people to go for crazy partying, this may not be your perfect place. For everyone just looking to chill in a relaxed atmosphere, would definitely recommend.

Great place to stay in a great location away from noise but near the main street. Only 2 bathrooms so there can be a bit of waiting. But everything else was perfect. Nice common room and kitchen where you can chill out. Staff provided a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

easily, one of the best hostels i stayed at. it has a laid back and friendly atmosphere. i loved the amount of art/ painted walls throughout the kitchen space and reception it gave it a funky vibe too. all if the staff were very friendly and were able to answer all of my questions very easily and gave me suggestions that seemed to have a more local feel. another asset of the hostel was the ease of ability to meet people. i would definitely recommend it for solo travellers.

I can't recommend The Loft enough. If you're tired of all the impersonal hostel chains, this is the place to be! Very small and cozy, the staff are incredibly welcoming and make it very easy for guests to mingle. It felt more like staying with a friend who lives in Budapest. They also give you an intro to the city with their own map of the area which was PRIME.

I loved the personal introduction and the offer to have tea while the map was brought out and a quick summary was done for the area. I know you must go through it several times a day but it was really nice to have that face to face interaction. Everyone at the hostel was so welcoming and nice, it really boosted my desire to find smaller hostels in the future.

I had a great stay at the loft. Really huge dorm so we weren't sleeping on top of each other. Everyone was so helpful too. I would definely come back!

Amazing hostel, especially great for a solo traveler. Met lots of like-minded travelers that I spent my days in Budapest with. This place really did feel like staying over at a friend's place. The staff were great - super friendly and helpful in advising things to see and do around the city, as well as recommending places to eat. I liked it so much that I came back for two more nights at the end of my trip! Will definitely stay here if I am ever in Budapest again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3