The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel has such a homey vibe as it is run by a family. When I went it was very quiet, due to the time of year, but I think it would have a lot more atmosphere in the summer. The plus is that the moment I checked in, I got a 15 minute run down of places to see, food to try and everything else inbetween! Overall I would recommend The Loft Hostel as it is a very unique hostel.

Fantastic hostel! Felt like I was staying at a friends home, and not a hostel. The staffs created an awesome chill vibe, and gave great recommendations on places to see and eat in Budapest. They have an awesome common area which made it easy to meet other travellers too. After staying at a big 'franchise' hostel currently, I dearly miss the Loft Hostel.

Excellent Hostel and very cheap. It is based at the 5th floor of an internal yard, typical from Budapest, I find it so charming ! Céline and Emilie, both French, will welcome you and share some good wine or beer around the table or in a bar. I totally recommend the place !

I really really loved staying in The Loft, i think it was really nice that in the first time i arrived the staff told me every single thing about budapest and about the neighborhood. It helped me to not get lost and know what to do! And the people there are so friendly eventhough some group could be a lil noisy at the wrong time. But overall it's a lovely stay:)

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

Am amazing place and amazing people. such a wonderful place

Wonderful staff and time spent at the loft hostel! Everyone there is so nice and the common area is a good meeting point to touch base with other travelers. I'd definitely stay here again.

It is lovelier inside than even the pictures made it look. It was just really airy and homey inside. Really good location near lots of stations and cool things to do. Great kitchen area, although I didn't use it. But it made me wish I was staying there a long time so I could cook. But was most striking was how great the staff were when I checked in. She easily spent over 30 minutes with me describing the city layout, good prices for things, her favorite places, etc. just really above and beyond.

The Loft Hostel is perhaps one of my favorite places in all of Europe. The most cozy place you can imagine. I highly recommend it to solo travelers, especially those who aren't incredibly keen on going out every night, but who appreciate a few drinks over good conversation. The staff put on an incredible Christmas dinner for us and were so so helpful, especially when I lost my passport... haha. It attracts a great, down-to-earth clientele and I immediately felt like family. Love this place!!

This was the most welcoming and amazing little hostel I have every stayed in. I chose to stay in the loft over Christmas this year and could not have made a better choice. It was like a family of travellers, all on the other side of the world sharing traditions and experience around the communal table. The amazing team are second to none. Upon checking in they sit down with every guest and personally show them all the best sights and eating spots in the city. I will recommend to everyone. LOFT!!

A little quirky hostel that offers a different experience and in my opinion a better one then massive hostels. Staff very helpful with advice about what to do in budapest.

Cool, chilled out and relaxing. Staff were awesome, and will give you a good introduction to the city, including restaurants, sights, tours, etc upon arrival to the hostel. Very clean, large lounge to do as you please.

I have been to the big hostels, and this is my first small one...and it was amazing! The location was perfect, the staff - super friendly, and I really felt like I was home. Recommended!

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. I felt like home during my 3 weeks long stay. I was traveling solo, and this is and excellent place to meet other solo travelers, the atmosphere is social and laid back. Besides, if for whatever reason it isn't, the staff will take people out for dinner or some beers to encourage socializing. Staff are so nice and helpful. The hostel itself is warm and cozy. Beds are comfy, lockers in the dorms. Very clean. Huge common area, complete kitchen. Stable internet

Absolutely love this hostel! Just like a home. So roomy and amazing. Like a family and everything you can borrow for free! Only things were the shower doesn't have a holder for the shower head so you have to hold it while you shower! Security wasn't great but the hostel is so safe in people that it's not a bother at all.

The Loft was a great hostel, good WiFi, clean rooms and bathrooms, lovley staff, nice small kitchen and large common room with big lounges. Only thing as a solo traveller that I was expecting that it lacked was atmosphere. It was very quiet, maybe only 10 people there in total so not many people around at times so harder to meet people. Otherwise great!

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff is so relaxed and friendly, and they give you a map and information about the city as soon as you arrive. The common areas are so comfortable, and the small size makes it really easy to meet other travelers. The hostel was clean, and in a great location. I will definitely be staying here again!

This is my favorite hostel I have stayed at on my backpacking trip. Since the hostel is so small it's extremely easy to meet great people. The loft has a great feel, and although there are only two bathrooms for everyone, I never had to wait to use a facility. The staff are great, and give you a really good outline of things to do and where to go in the local area. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place.

Amazing hostel. It felt like home immediately and everything was perfect!

• 12th Nov 2015

Amazing hostel, I felt at home straight away. Very easy to meet people as a solo traveller. Great facilities and very clean. Really cool common area to hang out. The staff here are so lovely, helpful and they make sure everyone feels comfortable! Thank you so much for making my stay so special :)

Lovely atmosphere in this hostel, it's quite small so perfect for solo travellers and also couples. Staff here are brilliant, they advised on places to go, things to see, where to avoid and how to have a good time! They even took us out for traditional food and drink. A great hostel overall, my brother and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4