The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Many thanks to Sheldon/Shane for a great stay in Budapest! This hostel was ideal for me as a solo traveler, the atmosphere is relaxed and the hostel is clean, spacious and homely. Its walking distance from everything but far enough from the nightlife to avoid any seediness. It felt safe/secure with 24hr keypad access and a free locker. The boys promote a chilled but fun environment and will help you no end to get out and see the sights and will provide you with all the insider info you'll need.

• 15th Mar 2015

The Loft Hostel was a fantastic place to stay! It was small enough to get to know the other guests, and the staff were very helpful in recommending places to eat and things to do. I would stay there again and I highly recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Excellent area. Sheldon gave us great advice and tips for excellent restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If we needed anything, they were very helpful and also gave us great recommendations for places to go and visit in the city. Excellent experience and I will recommend this hostel to friends!

• 20th Feb 2015

Good hostel, the ambiance was cool. I would recommend to future travelers for the comfort and especially for solo travelers.

I will definitely stay at this hostel again if I'm going to visit Budapest in the future. The staff Emily & Manito are an amazing people, willing to help and answer any of our question plus they gave good suggestions.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

A very down to earth hostel, the stairs may be a killer if the lift isn't working, but it is well worth it for the atmosphere and the very accommodating staff. Highly recommended for your stay in Budapest as it is very central and close to lots of pubs/food and the metro for getting around the greater metro area.

• 25th Jan 2015

Great, small hostel. Staff was very helpful with any questions we had. Nice area, place was clean and quiet.

I can't even. I travelled for 12 months and this was by a country mile my favourite hostel. I'm recommending it to people in real life.

The Loft is such a great hostel. The size is perfect. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff are extremely helpful and the location is great. I particularly enjoyed heading out to all the local eateries recommended by the staff. From now on I will only look to stay at small hostels like 'The Loft.' Will recommend to all my friends and family. You guys rock.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

this hostel is really special. To stay here feels like spending time in your best friends apartment, sounds cliche perhaps, but is very accurate. It is incredibly cozy and comfortable, also the staff is great and led me to the best food that budapest has to offer. Not a party hostel, great for solo travelers. Stay here, you won't regret it. They even have good coffee

• 5th Jan 2015

This place is awesome, feels like going to visit some old friends. Cozy loft style apartment with comfy living room and kitchen. really welcoming people looking to make friends and great memories. the location is walking distance from so many major sites and a cool authentic budapest style building. the staff will take you to local food spots and make sure you love budapest as much as they do! highly recommend staying here if you have the opportunity. they know what hosteling is all about!

This was an amazing hostel. It felt like visiting a friends place. The staff definitely will make you feel at home, and are great to hang with, check out local bars with, and just sit around eating spicy sausage and bread and Eros Pešto with. They have good information on the best places to eat because they eat there too. Highly recommend this hostel if you can handle the relaxed, homey environment, and friendly staff.

Excellent location and very friendly staff. Nice common room should provide potential for a great atmosphere, but it was relatively dead during our couple days there Overall I'd say very good but a bit on the pricier side vs. other alternatives

The location of the hostel is central. Stuff is very very helpful. They helped us to check in before right time. The atmosphere of the hostel is very friednly and it is easy to meet with new people; perfect for single travelers.

The loft is perhaps the best hostel I have been in, and I have been in many. It was always relaxed and peaceful. I met some wonderful people. Emily is easily the best host I have met. I do not know what else to say. I stayed there longer than I planned on and could have stayed on for a few more days if my plans had permitted. It is definitely the place I would stay in if I go back to Budapest.

The Loft is like the rest of Budapest; it has loads of character, and you know it the minute you walk through the historical buildings. Staff and people are really friendly and kind, and I would recommend this place to others. :)

Everything about this hostel is amazing and wonderful. The staff is so knowledgeable and helpful, and the location is perfect. The hostel itself is in the COOLEST building. I loved everything about my stay at the Loft. While traveling, I have never felt more at home.

• 11th Dec 2014

The Loft had to be one of the top few Hostels I stayed in during my two month trip. The place feels like you're in a friend's house. There's a small but well-used kitchen, and a big living room with tons of couches. When I stayed, there were just about 8 of us in the 8-bed dorm, so we all got to be very friendly, and we all went out with three of the staff members to guide us around town. The staff were so helpful, giving a super run-down of the city on arrival and making us feel at home. Go!

Honestly, one of The most amazing hostels i have ever stayed in. When i first arrived i Was offered a cup of tea And juanito kindly gave me all The information i needed on absolutely everything! My only regret Was having to leave so early in The morning And not getting the chance to properly thanks the staff or even say goodbye but THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I Loved every minute! Jessie(the Irish girl)

• 10th Dec 2014