The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent overall experience. Couldn't have been better really! Beautiful space, great location, great people (staff & other travellers).

• 10th Nov 2015

This is the best hostel I've stayed in in Europe. The location is super central and the staff provide a great orientation for you upon arrival so it's easy to walk to everything from the parliament to quirky local bars. Amazingly homey and warm vibes. A great place for solo travelers to meet interesting people. The community that forms here tends to do dinner and go out together - very inclusive. Spacious rooms, great common areas, good kitchen, located in a really cool old building.

This is one my favourite hostels. Loved the big but not too big lounge area that brings people together. I had many lazy days here watching movies. All the facilities were adequate. Wished there were more than two toilets but I was there at a less busy season so there was never a problem. The rooms were huge and comfortable. Location superb. Right across the bridge from the Rudas baths. And close to two metro stations. The whole place had a homely feel. I would come back here again, no brainer!

A small but very friendly, social and laid back hostel. A homey atmosphere. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The setup is conducive to meeting other travellers. Only two bathrooms so sometimes a small wait, and showers can be lukewarm rather than hot if you go in after a couple of people. Hooks in the dorms to hang up jackets would be great. Overall, a great experience. A great choice for a solo traveller.

Highly recommended as everything was perfect about this place.

This is a fantastic place to stay in Budapest no matter what sort of holiday you are keen for! They have around 30 beds, so you will get to know all the people who stay there, but the common area is large enough for you to chill on your own when you need. If you are up for a drink, spa, meal, or just a walk around the city, the really cool staff will be able to point you in the right direction -they are locals and have been running this place for quite some time I'll be back again!

• 20th Oct 2015

An amazing time. The staff were so helpful and knowledgeable! This is a small hostel so it is easy to make friends as a solo traveller. The facilities are fantastic, and the atmosphere is homely. There is a cosy common room which is perfect for a quiet one in. The Loft is close to shops and restaurants. It is a short walk to the main food market and the key attractions of Budapest. I would recommend this to anyone. I wish I had time to stay for another week. Thankyou Fercie and Emily!

Amazing. Best hostel I've ever been to.

Wonderful hostel with a lovely staff and funky (though not party) vibe. Only concern was the bathroom locks were prone to get stuck during use.

As soon as you walk in you feel immediately welcomed. The staff are very helpful and the people I met were super friendly. The hostel has a homey and comfortable atmosphere and is in a great location. Would absolutely recommend staying here!

• 14th Oct 2015

Quite a nice hostel.. comfortable beds, clean showers and toilets. The staff give you an overview of what to do, where to eat when you get in, which is much appreciated. The common lounge area is a nice place to chill out. My only complaint is that the two shower/toilet combined is not enough for the number of guests! I found myself waiting every time I had to use the facility.

There's no reason to look anywhere else - the Loft has everything you want in a hostel: warm atmosphere, communal living, wonderfully helpful staff, and an unbeatable location. If I could change anything, I'd like a couple more bathrooms (there are only two for the whole place). But the Loft has everything else going for it - it's absolutely worth its price and your time.

Very fun hostel, party, party, party... did I forget party? If you like Australians and only want to meet Australians in Hungry then its the perfect place to meet Australians... maybe 1 or 2 Americans and a token NZ (no ones cares about) but serious it was fun and you can relax, have a good sleep and meet lots of people, its huge! I just was disappointed I went to Hungry and only met my own country, maybe more activities involving locals should be offered... but i guess thats my responsability

Great place made amazing by the wonderful staff!

Great hostel overall. Perfect location, helpful and informative staff, awesome common area. Really cool building as well. Feels like home.

Lovely homely place to hang out and to explore budapest.great welcome, local knowledge and friendly staff. More like a flat than a hostel. Recommended Thanks Loft

The Loft Hostel is my favourite hostel in Budapest. I have been travelling to Budapest for about 5 years now and of all the hostels I have stayed at, the Loft is by far the best! The staff are fantastic, the location is perfect for getting anywhere you need to go in the city and there is always a nice vibe between all the guests in the hostel too. You will always receive a warm welcome and you will listen to some of the best music ever if you chillout in the kitchen ;) Thanks again guys!

Very local. Nice location, super friendly staff. If you are looking for something "Budapest", then highly recommend this place.

Hostel provided an excellent stay, it really is a massive loft house! The location is okay, however I would strong use the subway (it's only 80p single journey if that). Facilities are good, has a decent kitchen, eating area and a great common lounge to meet other stayers.

Loved the atmosphere of the hostel. It was nice to chill out in their commmon room and they had heaps of movies available for when we wanted a quiet night in. Plus lots of other guests hung out here so was really easy to meet people. 8 bed dorm was really spacious and clean only downfall was a few times we had to wait to use the bathroom as the shower and toilet were together. Would definafely stay here again as i loved the homly feel it offered.