The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Very comfortable stay at Budapest. Staff gave a guide to the city. It isn't a party hostel but it is located to a lot of decent bars and walking distance from the Jewish Quarter. We stayed in a private room which was perfect and spacious.

Love this hostel! The atmosphere was great and really encouraged travellers to chat to each other. Even if the facilities were a little basic the hostel had everything you needed and the staff were so incredibly lovely! Another amazing thing they did was give an introduction to the city of Budapest which really helped me figure out what I wanted to do each day and they gave really great recommendations as well. Would really recommend this hostel and definitely would stay here again!

The best hostel I've stayed in. Felt like staying at a friends house. Great atmosphere with really helpful and welcoming staff. The only problem with our stay was that we stayed during absolutely boiling weather and being that this hostel is in the roof of the building it was really hit and uncomfortable in the nights and the ceiling fan didn't seem to help at all. Perhaps a few more plug in fans like the one in the lounge are needed. Would love to go back one day.

An amazing little hostel. Staff were incredibly helpful and gave great suggestions for places to visit. A nice atmosphere and good for meeting other people if you like or for keeping to yourself. No complaints. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Such helpful staff and in a great location!

• 29th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel , great atmosphere, clean room and bathrooms , super kind and attentive staff . The location is very good, near the subway and the White Bridge . I recommend . Thank you guys!

• 27th Jun 2015

Small, friendly and safe hostel! Would definitely stay again!

It was a really small hostel and it was an actual 'loft' which was cool. As its really small it's very easy to meet new travellers which we did. Upon arrival a member of staff sits you down and goes through the map of the city explains where to go and what to do which we found useful. The walk to the castle is about 30 minutes but the city is beautiful so it was nice to see the sights. The staff do your washing for a small charge which is very nice. Definitely worth your time and money!

I had a great experience at the loft. Whether you're looking for a casual place to stay or to meet people, The Loft will be perfect. The locations great, the hosts are great and really helpful, and there's a huge living room to chill alone or with other people. The bathrooms could use an update, but they still work well and give hot water. Would definitely stay there again!

• 21st Jun 2015

I think totally good but couchs little bit old.parquets loudly

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Great location and very cosy atmosphere. The staff were really helpful- they actually sat me down and gave me an orientation of their fabulous city!

Best hostel in the world! Always a must stay when I come to Budapest.

Usually I don't write a reviews, but this time I should do it! this place is amazing, location was great and the staff is the best! when I was about to check in to the hostel I found out that I lost my passport!! The awesome staff helped me to find my embassy and they gave me the phone to made lots of international calls. There are no words that can describe what they did for me!! Thank you guys for everything.

We absolutely loved the place! The furniture, the wall paintings, all the colours and the many facilities. Keep up the good work!

This is by far my favorite hostel I have stayed in. They gave us a great orientation of the city when we first arrived even though it was super early and gave us good tips and information throughout our stay. While the hostel is small (only about 20 beds) it is very social and we ended up going out with pretty much everyone that was staying there one of the nights which was great. I stayed with my boyfriend in the private which is like having your own apartment (kitchen and everything). Highly

Fantastic hostel. Amazing staff who took the time to sit down and explain about Budapest and talk me through a map. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 31st May 2015

Basically the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Out of at least 20. Staff are super nice, give a good introduction to the city when you arrive, will help with any questions, and help with bookings. Atmosphere is really nice and relaxed, very bohemian. Small total volume, so everyone knew everyone. Great for solo backpackers. Everyone respects the place but still manage to have a lot of fun at night, unlike some of the more party hostels.

I looooved my stay at the loft hostel. It has the most welcoming common space I have come across so far and is used by all guests, which means you`ll meet many new friends by the end of your first day. It felt like home, I was relaxed and comfortable my entire stay.

The Loft is a very welcoming hostel, from the moment I checked in I was treated like family. Given a map and tips to navigate while I'm in Budapest and within a couple hours of being at the hostel I had made new friends and was off to dinner and the ruin bars. The hostel is clean, safe, WiFi is good, clean towels and sheets are provided, and the location is great. I emailed The Loft a 2 days before asking if I could come early and Emily who works there made it happen! Will stay here again!

the most social hostel i've ever stayed at, a small community where everyone in the hostel actually went out together