The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

Veres Palne Utca 19, 4th floor /6. bell 44, Budapest, Hungary

Amazing value and very cool vibe! Our private room was huge and had a private kitchen and bathroom. It was easy to meet other travelers. A group went out together every night--all hostel guests invited-- and we explored together during the day. The people who work here are very cool, friendly, and helpful.

Can't beat this place. You're crazy If you don't stay here. Cannot fault this hostel.

Nice quiet hostel for those seeking to relax and enjoy Budapest! However if your looking for a party hostel this isn't it as myself

You seriously can't get a better atmosphere. Like staying at a friends house. It's super casual and it's easy to forget it's a hostel. The staff are absolutely amazing and super helpful. Easy walking distance to most attractions. Skip the party hostels, if you stay here you'll still party, just with a much cooler crowd.

I honestly can't think of anything wrong with this hostel. This was our first hostel experience before we went on a month trip around Europe and this was honestly the best hostel we went to. The staff was amazing and made you feel welcome the moment you walked through the door and they also come out with you to show where all the great pubs and clubs are located. Anyone looking for a homely, characteristic and chilled hostel this is the place to be!

Amazing experience at the hostel! Great hang out/ chill out facilities, amazing staff, great rooms amazing local recommendations for food. An all around amazing experience, ended up adding on extra nights because it was so much fun! Love the smaller hostel feel where everyone knows each other and hangs out together. Great for single travelers! All around amazing experience!

The Loft is hands down the best hostel in Budapest!!! The location is perfect, the rooms are clean and the staff are unbelievably accommodating and welcoming (thanks Maria!!). It's the perfect place to stay if you're traveling solo and want to make new friends - I felt like a part of the Loft family at the end of my stay!

Enjoyed my stay at loft hostel staff very friendly and informative very safe doors key coded great showers bed comfortable

Not a party hostel, more of a family environment hostel. It is a marvelous place to be. You must stay in Loft Hostel, if you do not like the dirty party atmosphere hostel.

• 29th May 2014
  • South Korea

This place is awesome! and has a good group of staff. Although the floors were a little creaky it does add a little atmosphere to the place. The place is very close to the Market halls, and a 10 min walk to the jewish area where some clubs are. Also very close to the metro, but everything is walkable!! As a solo traveler, i found this place very good to meet new people!!!!! It would help to have more than 2 toilet/ bathrooms, sometimes it bad to wait....

I could have stayed at The Loft for a month. The Loft Hostel made my trip in Budapest. The atmosphere was great instantly making me feel like I was at home, the staff extremely welcoming and helpful, and the location was perfect for exploring the city.

lovely hostel, lovely staff, very clean, what's not to like?

• 26th May 2014

Great hostel if you are looking for a clean, nice quiet place to be based from. I have found that after certain size Hostels are not very enjoyable and this Hostel has the perfect size in terms of people that can stay. Its location has a very local feeling and the girls at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. The location is right in the centre, highly recommended.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Colombia

By far the best hostel we stayed in on our trip. The hostel itself is in a great area and was always clean with good facilities. The staff were amazing - Emily and Daniella were so helpful in recommending amazing (and cheap!) places to eat and the best attractions to visit, as well as organising group nights out. The best thing about the Loft is the atmosphere - we quickly made friends there with the other guests, which made our time in Budapest all the more fun. Would love to come back!!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Wales

Great location in a vintage complex with a beautiful courtyard. The staff was welcoming and the hostel was very social. The staff enabled us to learn about the city via their maps and information; moreover, they took us out on a very fun bar crawl. There are only 2 bathrooms and both are in locations that are not very private. The security was superb as they had door access codes for the main entrance to the complex and to the front door of the actual apartment.

Great location, friendly staff and very good atmosphere.

• 21st May 2014

Very personalized experience at this hostel. Vanilla and Emily were incredibly helpful with deciding things to do and places to go. You're greeted with tea and maps with an introduction on where to go, what to avoid, reasonable costs for food and beer, etc. Very welcoming. Went out to Simpla (excellent ruin bar) as a group and had a blast. Cooked lunch in kitchen one day. Definitely recommend this place.

Staying at the Loft Hostel was one of the best hostel experiences I've had so far. Since I knew that I would be traveling solo on this trip I chose to stay somewhere that wouldn't be too crowded, where I could meet and get to know people more easily -and I got what I was looking for. The Loft Hostel was a very chill environment that also met the needs of those of us interested in going out and having fun. We often ate and went out together and just had a good time of it. Highly recommended!

Loft Hostel is cosy located at an ancient building with beautiful ceramics and metal hammer work in a style of Art Noveau. it gives a very unique impression of Budapest stay as it is part of Budapest history. This is first time for me that my stay is so linked with the impression from the city: majestic, grand. Though when you enter the hostel, it turns out very warm and friendly place with lot's of wood, useful info around. What is geniune treasure here this is Jasmina and Emilie, the repectio

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The hostel was lovely and so were the other guests it attracted. Budapest was an amazing city and experience and that is in part due to the Loft and all their help getting to know the place.