The London Home Hostel

• dree_98
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
4.0

It was a gross place to stay n the hostels accomodation n instructions suck! I had checked in and chosen my bed, later that night when I got back, I didn't realise there was a code for the outside gate cause no one had told me it, I had to climb over, I cracked my phone screen n ripped my jeans. Then when I got to my room, there was someone else in my bed n she had told me the staff who checked her in moved my things to another bed and "assumed" it was free! Also never got my change back either

• ashleysarahrobertson9010
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
4.9

this place was not what we expected. there's no on site staff or security, just lots of CCTV. If you need anything then there's not really much help. the neighbourhood seems quiet and safe enough and nowhere in London is hard to get to and from, but it just seemed so strange? I stay in a lot of hostels but I've never encountered one like this.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
6.0

The room was hot, extremely cramped, and the single bathroom smelled horrible. Upon arrival the radiator had been turned up to max and so it took the whole night to cool to a slightly reasonable condition with every window open. For the money it's decent but our group of 8 wouldn't return. We ended up filling a 6 person and a 2 person room so security wasn't an issue. Not everyone in our party received keys - wasn't an issue for our group but might be difficult for separate parties.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
8.0

I was super impressed with the London Home, as it was relatively inexpensive I was expecting the facilities to be old fashioned or subpar but was pleasantly surprised! Really comfy beds w plently of soft and clean linen, good amount of modern & clean bathrooms w individual showers and great location with tube station, Tesco and Sainsbury's only a 5 min walk away. Great value for money in my opinion and I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017
5.7

The security in the property was not as high as expected. The cleanliness, especially in the kitchen, could be improved.

• alanalangford6698
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2017
5.4

Would have liked an email to say I was being moved to a longer term property instead of the minute I arrived. Especially considering they knew it was busy? My room did not have a locker, breakfast was not provided. Things that I payed for due to the move When I asked for a room with a locker, a room that was cheaper then what I had payed, was available, but at no discount No out of hour number? Hostel itself isn't horrible but the organisation needs great improvement.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2017
6.9

For my first hostel it wasn't too bad. I was expecting much much worse. A little far out of London but close to the tube and bus lines. The room was fine, however big lockers were scarce. Very big kitchen. However the cleanliness of the kitchen and batchroomd could of been a little better. There's no staff at the facility. And sometime hard to get them on the phone. But over all get what you pay for. Would probably stay again. Thank you

15th Jun 2017
6.3

Nice location. Honestly for the money we paid it was a good deal. But the room was not clean at all and the heat was on during our whole trip while it was 30 degrees outside so our room was like a sauna.. mentioned it to the staff and nothing changed. Also, make sure that when you go to this hostel you use the postal code provided because there are serval chatsworths roads in London.

• Japan, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2017
5.4

It was clean and comfortable hostel. There is a big living room and kitchen. It's like a sharing apartment. However the security is bad. My friend was stolen her money and documents. Also I was stolen my foods twice times. Don't too much trust this hostel's staff. Firstly, you'd be stuck at checking in. Because there is no reception and staff. You must call to staff when you arrive. Secondly, there are amount of misunderstanding between manager and staff. You'd lose your time as this reason.