The London Home Hostel Reviews

39 Chatsworth Road, London, London, England

not satisfactory comments from others

15 days in this hostel and 2 different house . The house is very good but I don't know if the maids now really the word "cleaning" because the first room I went was very dirty and the second worst like the first. The staff is very unfriendly and don't understand when you have some issues. I thing they need to change plenty of thing but starting by the management

We were waiting more that 1.30h to check in. The Bed that they give me were occupied and we had to have a high discussion with other guest at 3:15 am. next day I was waiting more than 1 hour again to get my new bed. The organization and management of the hostal is very very poor. I usually go to Londong to expend weekends, and for sure that I do not repeat in this "Hostel".

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Too many issues - do not fit in text box, please contact by mail. Main issues: - chaotic checkin procedure (multiple addresses) - being blackmailed to pay in cash although booking was via credit card (and no receipt was given for cash) - catastrophic hygienic standards (black mould fungus in bathroom, dirty floor, unclean dishes, not enough forks and spoons)

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Excellent mattresses. They could extend the breakfast until 11am though, at least during the week end. Good connection with public transport, even at night.

This was an overall strange operation.When we arrived In London we went to the listed address as stated on the website.There was no sings or anything I woman turned up and demanded we stayed and waited while she took another (quite upset woman who had been waiting for hours for someone to turn up) somewhere. Than she came back and drove us somewhere else?None of this is on the website. Pictures on website are misleading and incorrect.Room was quite unclean and my bed was broken. Never again.

Very disappointed. The Wi-Fi didn't work. It's a house, not a hostel. Almost no travellers and a lot of older people with different purposes in the UK. The bathrooms were singles, but few and in desperate need of a good cleaning. Someone swiped the floor just before I entered one day, but when I got in there were toenails and dirt on the floor nevertheless. The rugs need to be washed, didn't feel sanitary to walk out of your shower and stand on them. The staff wasn't around. No reception.

The house itself was finr enough, though the front door didnt close properly. The BIG problem is that you need to call when you arrive, and travellers from other countries aren't going to have a working phone!! I called ahead, but no one was there to meet me when I arrived (despite assurances to the contrary). There were other groups waiting as well, and they called as well, but we still ended up waiting AN HOUR AND A HALF before someone showed, only to be taken to a different property!

Worst hostel ever, check in is a nightmare, wasn't staying in the hostel is been told I was, then on my checkout day was told I couldn't stay in the common areas meaning I had to carry my pack from 10am to 8pm

• 18th Jun 2015

Due to the fact that I got the ZIP code 30 minutes before I wanted to check in (per mail) we went to the wrong adress which was 40 min. away from the hostel. We tried to call the numbers infront and after 40 min. someone came and opened the door... They told us to pay 25 pound more cause we checked in on a sunday, we didnt, and nobody cared. Plan one hour to check out cause u cant reach someone, there is nobody!!! No locker for luggage! Buy own breakfast! Well, its near to the City.

• 14th Jun 2015

This is the second time I stayed with London Home Hostel and I got relocated to a really lovely home with a really big kitchen, iron and ironing board, washing machine, tv and only good company to make you feel truly at home. The staff are lovely and so was a manager I met called Gareth. Everyone there is absolutely lovely and helpful and a joy to be atound. The rooms are quite spacious and beautiful and the area is quite safe and close to two tube stops and one overground. Great hostel.

Such a lovely hostel that had been converted from a really beautiful home. I had a nice experience there. The atmosphere was more relaxed, the staff were great and just one bus to the heart of the city. Rami and Francis are really nice people to talk to and they do their best to take care of you. They have all te facilities you need. Highly recommended.

In my time there the broke my locker and stole my laptop. And same time withing same week other guest lost stuff credit cards and passport! The security is awful and hostel is very very dirty.

Dreadfully undermaintained with stinking rooms, rock hard mattresses and bathrooms the size of tiny closets. The only benefit of this hostel was that it was close to a tube station so I could get away from it as quickly as possible.

• 2nd May 2015

The three bunk bed I find it very unsafe and there is no room to move when you're on the bed.of wgich means you can not seat up because you bang your head and there are not many socket.

I think it's important to say that in general the hostel is not to bad. But to clean the bathrooms or the bedrooms at least 2 times per week would be better!

• 25th Apr 2015

It was a great house, really nice and in a good neighborhood, but it was way too far from the center of the city, and public transportation is expensive. The check-in process is kind of complicated, they have many hostels and they took me to another when we arrived. It was not far from the first one, but I didn't know where I was going. They had no reception, so there was no one I could ask for anything I needed.

• 10th Apr 2015

The London Home Hostel is part of a bigger company with several hostels. We did not stay in the hostel we saw on the pictures. The hostel we stayed in was disgusting: the floors are black, they didn't clean the toilets for the 3 days we stayed there, there is dust and mould everywhere. And the bathrooms are really really really small. You can not even call it a bathroom, maybe you could call it a closet? The location is ok. It is a 10 - 15 min walk to Kallesden Green metrostation.

• 10th Apr 2015

They have multiple locations around the same area you could be staying at. It is not necessarily the one on the site.

Information that we have to check in at another address was sent by email the same day at 5pm. Unfortunately anybody from stuff didn't thought that people may not synchronise emails all the time on mobile abroad when have to use data roaming. Because of that we was waiting at wrong address for almost 3 hours despite calling office for 3 times. Sending that information day before would solve problem. All other was ok.