The Londonears Hostel Reviews

1 Barkson Gardens, London, England

The wifi isn't free which really sucks

Aside from the following complaints, it was fine, I guess. But... 1) They won't let you have multiple room keys for a single booking of 2 people, even if you offer to pay double the deposit. This is a massive hassle 2) They advertise breakfast and a kitchen, but the breakfast is expensive and the "kitchen" is a microwave and a kettle 3) The windows in the room opened about 10% of the way, which made the room about 40° when it was 30° outside. If you must go here, definitely don't do it in summer

Need more staff, charging to use the Internet in this day and age is ridiculous

• 30th Jun 2015

Staff was friendly and nice, breakfast was good and rooms tidy. Oh and a special plus from the bath soap and little biscottis! We enjoyed our stay very much, thank you!

loved the staff, very friendly.

The staff could really use a lesson in customer service, they were very unfriendly when we arrived as well as when we would periodically go to reception. The location is ideal, two minutes from the earls court tube station and pretty affordable when you compare to hostels in close by locations.

No cages in rooms; not clean. Would not go back.

• 6th Jun 2015

Ir was such a mess, no hot water. Rooms were very tidy, if you need a kitchen there is only one micro oven nothing more. Rooms and reception are separated. Such a bad experience, I am sure you will rather pay a little more for a better hostel.

I visited the hostel and paid for it. I wanted 1 h later to cancel my stay but it was not possible to have a refund

• 29th May 2015
  • Sweden

1.) All but 1 person who worked there that I encountered were very rude, very unwelcoming, very unaccomodating. That one man-- a bit larger, glasses, medium brownish skin, was nice though. 2.) The hostel is gross, it looks & feels like it hasn't been cleaned once in its lifetime. 3.) There are homeless people wandering around inside the hostel 4.) The "bathrooms" are unusable. Some floors don't even have an operating shower. & there should be more than one toilet and shower per floor.

unfriendly and not helpful stuff

We weren't expecting much; we knew we were paying for the bare minimum. But it was below even the bare minimum. Cleanliness was despicable--the bathrooms were disgusting. We only stayed one night, but I genuinely don't know what I would do if I had to stay there more than one night.

• 25th Apr 2015

toilet floor covered in urine, still hadnt been cleaned by the next day, my partners bed frame was held together with gaffa tape. showers locked up and unavailable.

Good location and relativelly reasonably priced (depending on booking times). Interior is rough, needs a good clean and a brush of paint.