The Longhouse Reviews

10, 1st Floor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Highly recommended!! Helpful staff, good location and reasonable prices. I'd like to stay there again

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I like The Longhouse so much. It's comfortable for me. Good Area, Good Staff and cheap price too. I will come back to stay here again.

Small rooms without windows. Aircon works fine. Little terrace outside. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Free breakfast is very simple.

Friendly and helpful staff, awesome location, cat paradise.

I can't praise this hostel enough... The staff

• 1st Jul 2014

The staff are not responsive.

We enjoyed our stay at the Longhouse and would stay there again. The only negative points of our stay was that our double room unfortunately had no window and upon leaving one of the members of staff told us the wrong bus station to get to our next destination which added about two hours on our travel time. However all staff where nice enough and helped where they could, it is a budget backpackers so dont expect too much. I would recommend any one on a budget to stay there.

• 28th May 2014
  • Wales

Hostel is in an excellent location and close to everything you could wish for. The rooms are very very basic but do have fairly comfortable mattresses, walls are of course on the thin side but hey thats Asia. I would say its ok for a night or two but nothing more.

This place is basic but it is the cheapest single room you can get in KL. If you want to save some cash and don't mind a few mosquitoes, this is your place.

Very central to many things in KL .Its basic but hey that's all you need when backpacking

Its definitely value for money. Though we only stayed there for one night but the experience was great. People and staff are friendly. The bedding and towels are quite old though (:

Nice staff, good location and reasonable prices. I'd like to stay there again. Miss those guys (hey, Rock!)

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Russia

had a really great stay in the longhouse! the hostel is located very well in chinatown, just one minute walking to bus and train station 'Pasar Seni' where you easily can jump into the free city bus! staff is very funny, friendly and helpful. Familiar atmosphere!

Great common room for being social and meeting fellow travelers.

• 28th Mar 2014

Simple small clean rooms and showers, toast and jam, tea

Cheap and clean Comfortable mattress and pillow Shared bathrooms are clean too Fast internet Great location, heaps of shopping and dining options nearby Definitely good value for money!

it was a good place to stay.

Lack of Windows

Very clean and the woman who worked there was really nice and helpful. Don't think I have anything bad to say about it.

It can get very hot at times since there's no window in the room. It would be much better if they can provide rooms with air-conditioning.

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts