The Longhouse Reviews

10, 1st Floor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Ok for the budget traveller - cleanish and relatively quiet at night. However, our air con didn't work - it kept switching itself off (double room next to breakfast area). We told a member of staff, but he couldn't really care less. Other double room's air con drips on your head (apparently), so we didn't change rooms just had to sweat! Coughing, burping of same staff member in hallway was unpleasant, plus, well... it's a bit like a prison. But, it's a perfectly ok budget option.

Staff has been friendly, the location along Chinatown is very good. Although there are some long hairs stuck in the shower drain, it's quite clean. The kitchen area is so small that it's not convenient to prepare your toasts and coffe in the morning. The single bed dorm I had was miniature. There is a small living room with TV which is nice! Very good in general :)

Good simple accomodation at competitive prices

Love the hangout area at the back! Rooms are small but I found it cozy.

Staff was a bit unwelcoming, they took 10 seconds to clean the room and I could tell the bedsheets were not washed... Hostel is very dark and lacks common areas. There are much nicer hostels in this area for maybe 1usd more...

Had a great stay here! Great location right in Chinatown, next to Pasar Seni station. Very cheap for single room, basic but what do you expect for the money! Hot showers, tea, coffee and water, toast and jams available. The owner/staff were really sound!! Had a BBQ for the guests and took me out for a gorgeous local meal. Big tv and excellent wifi. Obviously, bring earplugs, and a non uptight attitude coming here and you're sure to have a great time!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Impossible to find! There is a rather big hotel nearby - Mandarin Pacific. If you want to find the Longhouse ask for Mandarin Pacific!

Nice staff, clean rooms an facilities and pretty close to the bus and metro stations. But the aircon was a bit noisy.

my friend and I stayed here for 2 nights first and extended our stay for another 2 nights. the rooms are practical, nothing flash, clean and it is very very quiet. they dont have windows, so we slept like rocks :) the owner and the staff are super friendly, they even invited us to a bbq one night. it's located just around the corner from china town and the central markets are not far away either.

nice hostel, located near metro. basic breakfast. good wifi.

Great, simple, hostel in a very good location. Very laidback atmosphere

Had a windowless twin room. It is actually just a cupboard with two beds. No place in room to keep your backpack. There is a small shelf on the wall but it looked like it will fall down if you put anything on it. Location was good, close to the train station and 5 minutes walk to the bus station for Penang and other major destinations. Good security, front door is locked and you can lock your own room with an extra padlock if you have one with you.

We stayed only one night before leaving Malaysia, but the staff was nice. They let us leave backpack there even when we were already checked out and waiting for our night flight. Location is really good. We would definitelly come back. Thanks.

Very helpful and friendly staff . A good welcome to kuala lumpur

• 22nd Aug 2014

great team, friendly staff, clean, great location... We would love to come back and definitely stay at the Longhouse again! Thanks, Robert & Mary

Very friendly staff who organised a bbq for us and kept checking on me when I was ill! Good basic bedrooms, but no windows. Good location close to a train stop from which it was easy to navigate to the main attractions.

clean rooms, without windows though. the rooms were quiet so you would not be disturbed by others when you have a sleep in. breakfast consists of toast and marmelade, coffee and tea is available. all in all I would recommend staying there if you like to meet people and prefer a rather quiet place to stay.

• 11th Aug 2014

A fun place to meet new people not to far away from the main tourist attractions! enjoyed my stay here and met some really cool people at the same time! The staff are friendly and helpful and included is free coffee, tea and toast :)

I was there for 2 night, i was fun:) nice balcony to relax... the staff is really cool and funny ! Its not a usual backpackers...

Hostel has a very good location, very close to chinatown, subway and mini markets. Cheap, breakfast included, which was a plus. Room was really small, but I think that this is normal, considering the good location in a big city. Staff is helpful.

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts