The Longhouse Reviews

10, 1st Floor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Perfect location to stay: right in Chinatown & access to transportation. Staff are very friendly and flexible. I read in reviews about issues with cleanliness, I would say it is clean but a bit shabby. No windows in the room make it a bit claustrophobic, but I knew about this before booking. No windows also means that there is no way to cool the room down, this made it a bit difficult to sleep. I had no problems with noise and wifi works just fine! I would stay here again!

The other guests were absolutely out of control during our stay, shouting and carrying on in the halls from 3am to 7am both nights we were there (through ear plugs). I saw other guests up early, so I'm sure we weren't the only ones awoken throughout the night. I really wish there had been clear rules posted and enforced by the staff. Otherwise, the place was fine. Rooms could use a mirror. Also, our A/C never seemed to shut off, even after reaching the set temperature, so we froze at night.

Website advertises AC. Does not specify that there is only one room with AC. 7x7 windowless box with a fan circulating hot air does not make for a restful nights sleep.

• 22nd Jan 2016

A place where you can rest well AND meet a lot of people, it's just perfect. And the staff members are all great.

Good value for money, all the basics you need, obviously not a 5 star hotel

the staff are amazing, very friendly and always working hard! the impeccable cleanliness was surprising for the price of the place. the location is perfect, right in the middle of chinatown. the sun terrace was a welcoming, quite spot away from the madness of chinatown. the price includes bread, jam, butter and tea and coffee in the morning and sometimes rice at night which is more than expected. the reception area is very comfortable to sit and watch tv if u need a break. would stay here again!

Nice little hostel. Friendly people and very relaxed setting. 100% value for money. I would recommend it if you are on a tight budget.

Small but comfortable rooms. Great location, right next to the LRT and KL station, so getting everywhere is easy. Right in the middle of Chinatown. Great cheap food, and shopping on the doorstep. The staff are the best. So relaxed and helpful, definitely made my stay.

The Longhouse isn't bad, but I stayed in better hostels in the same area (Chinatown). The place has no good vibe, a bit depressing. I stayed in a single room, since they are only 29 ringgit (dorm is 25). Only a fan in the single room, but that's OK. But I have to say that the rooms are so small, they feel a bit like a prison. Hot shower was good. Breakfast is just bread with Kaya (green Malaysian spread), and (dirty) butter. Not even jam. And only Malaysian coffee (which I don't like).No creamer

Great hostel, friendly staff!

hospitality staff and very friendly

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts