The Longhouse Reviews

10, 1st Floor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Small but comfortable rooms. Great location, right next to the LRT and KL station, so getting everywhere is easy. Right in the middle of Chinatown. Great cheap food, and shopping on the doorstep. The staff are the best. So relaxed and helpful, definitely made my stay.

The Longhouse isn't bad, but I stayed in better hostels in the same area (Chinatown). The place has no good vibe, a bit depressing. I stayed in a single room, since they are only 29 ringgit (dorm is 25). Only a fan in the single room, but that's OK. But I have to say that the rooms are so small, they feel a bit like a prison. Hot shower was good. Breakfast is just bread with Kaya (green Malaysian spread), and (dirty) butter. Not even jam. And only Malaysian coffee (which I don't like).No creamer

Great hostel, friendly staff!

hospitality staff and very friendly

I like this hostel, the staff are friendly, the rooms are cool, the social areas are big and open and the location is great for and the train/airport.

• 11th Aug 2015

Had a nice time in the Longhouse. After a few nights the Aircon broke, but I was helped immediately and got a fan and the next day a new room so that was really nice! I would definitely come here again if I am in KL.

• 29th Jul 2015

A 30 second walk from the nearest train station and the market. One stop away from central station so perfectly situated. Ended up only staying one night as had such an early flight I slept at the airport. The staff didn't mind me leaving my bag until 9pm and also didn't mind when we came back to shelter from the rain before heading out again. Only stayed one night but if I come back to KL, I'll definitely stay here.

Okay place to stay, good location next to china town and also close to the free bus! After travelling for 3 months we know you can get more for your money but okay for one night!

Everything was good until i went back to australia and i discovered that i got tinea in my feet and i'm struggling to eliminate. Sharing the tongue is not a good idea.

Nice location by Chinatown and easy walk from MRT. Secure building with lockers. Rooms were small with very thin walls so if you're a light sleeper, it may be difficult to sleep if it's loud. Also there were no windows so it made it difficult to wake up in the morning. Overall, decent place if you just want a cheap place in a good location.

One of the underrated backpackers hostel. Recommended for those who are staying less than a week. It's understandably cheap given the limited facilities but for the price per night, it is very much worth it. Though there can be some improvements to make (as do any other hostels) but overall satisfied with this particular hostel for their good-mannered and helpful staff.

• 4th Jun 2015