The Longhouse Reviews

10, 1st Floor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Had a windowless twin room. It is actually just a cupboard with two beds. No place in room to keep your backpack. There is a small shelf on the wall but it looked like it will fall down if you put anything on it. Location was good, close to the train station and 5 minutes walk to the bus station for Penang and other major destinations. Good security, front door is locked and you can lock your own room with an extra padlock if you have one with you.

We stayed only one night before leaving Malaysia, but the staff was nice. They let us leave backpack there even when we were already checked out and waiting for our night flight. Location is really good. We would definitelly come back. Thanks.

Very helpful and friendly staff . A good welcome to kuala lumpur

• 22nd Aug 2014

great team, friendly staff, clean, great location... We would love to come back and definitely stay at the Longhouse again! Thanks, Robert & Mary

Very friendly staff who organised a bbq for us and kept checking on me when I was ill! Good basic bedrooms, but no windows. Good location close to a train stop from which it was easy to navigate to the main attractions.

clean rooms, without windows though. the rooms were quiet so you would not be disturbed by others when you have a sleep in. breakfast consists of toast and marmelade, coffee and tea is available. all in all I would recommend staying there if you like to meet people and prefer a rather quiet place to stay.

• 11th Aug 2014

A fun place to meet new people not to far away from the main tourist attractions! enjoyed my stay here and met some really cool people at the same time! The staff are friendly and helpful and included is free coffee, tea and toast :)

I was there for 2 night, i was fun:) nice balcony to relax... the staff is really cool and funny ! Its not a usual backpackers...

Awesome hostel.. was from Korea that I didn't find a good hostel like this. Good atmosphere with the guys that work there, perfect position to go all around Kuala Lumpur, clean and the staff available for any kind of question.. that's why I booked more days with them!!!

• 4th Aug 2014

Cheap hostel. Located right next to chinatown. Nothing special but no complaints. Staff is nice.

Highly recommended!! Helpful staff, good location and reasonable prices. I'd like to stay there again

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I like The Longhouse so much. It's comfortable for me. Good Area, Good Staff and cheap price too. I will come back to stay here again.

Small rooms without windows. Aircon works fine. Little terrace outside. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Free breakfast is very simple.

Friendly and helpful staff, awesome location, cat paradise.

I can't praise this hostel enough... The staff

• 1st Jul 2014

The staff are not responsive.

We enjoyed our stay at the Longhouse and would stay there again. The only negative points of our stay was that our double room unfortunately had no window and upon leaving one of the members of staff told us the wrong bus station to get to our next destination which added about two hours on our travel time. However all staff where nice enough and helped where they could, it is a budget backpackers so dont expect too much. I would recommend any one on a budget to stay there.

• 28th May 2014
  • Wales

Hostel is in an excellent location and close to everything you could wish for. The rooms are very very basic but do have fairly comfortable mattresses, walls are of course on the thin side but hey thats Asia. I would say its ok for a night or two but nothing more.

This place is basic but it is the cheapest single room you can get in KL. If you want to save some cash and don't mind a few mosquitoes, this is your place.

Very central to many things in KL .Its basic but hey that's all you need when backpacking

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts