The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel in most ways - but WiFi didn't work in private room and staff didn't know how to fix it. I called three times over two days and no luck. They were really nice but helpless in terms of support. This was important to me since I work online and need quite sometimes.

Party hostel with a bar (however not really a rooftop bar as advertised, as it has a roof) and a fancy restaurant (really delicious but expensive). Large rooms, large lockers. Staff in bar and restaurant is really friendly and attentive. staff at reception seemed quite distracted and bored with their job. wifi works.

We had a very bad matress the first night, we told the staff about it and the matress was replaced with a very good one the same day. Awesome! Nice atmosphere in the bar, decent prices, lots of noise but it stops at 23.30. The area is not particularly interesting, lots of fancy and western places. It's possible to find cheap local food, but you need to search a bit. Otherwise it's all very expensive. Very helpful staff, english speaking.

Had my phone stolen whilst in Phnom Penh and they were extremely helpful and comforting and called the police straight away so i could file a report. The staff are great. Overall great hostel, if you don't like party hostels though you probably shouldn't stay here as its super load in most of the rooms as the rooms are situated above the bar which goes off every night.

Staff are friendly, and my dorm was so clean. Bed where huge and so comfortable! Bit of a maze, but easy enough to find your way around. And couldn't hear any noise from the roof top bar at night!

• 21st Feb 2015

The Mad Monkey in Phnom Penh really knows how to treat guests GREAT! The staff was excellent. Everybody had a big smile and where helpfull. The dorms where great as well. Big beds and a locker to put your valuables and other stuff. The restaurant had amazing food! Best hostel i have ever stayed at.

Met some great people here. Great place to socialise in the bar - we love Tina!!! Dorms were big and spacious and beds are huge and comfy!! Two things: bathrooms could be bigger and the lockers under the bed wouldn't fit a padlock on! Otherwise - awesome 😊

Great bar for socialising, big party at night but it closes at 12 so you can still get a decent nights sleep. Staff are helpful and beds are enormous! Own charging points by the beds for your phone etc.

Great time at the mad monkey and lovely in house tuk tuks too!

Very nice hostel. Comfortable and big beds and friendly staff. Nice bar with foosball table. Beer could be cheaper.

Dormroom without a window. Bad air even with the aircon. Shower next to dorm without any ventilation, except to dorm. Nice staff but I think hostel is not up to 2015 standard in hostels.

Very nice staff the organise everything i needed from visa to bus bookings .great place would stay there again

Scammed when getting a visa for Vietnam. I had emailed the dates of my arrival(so they knew it was close to TET) and asked for the price as I could have also gotten one while in Siem Reap for $75USD. They informed me that if I gave them 2 days, I could get a visa for $65USD. When I arrived, they told me that because it was TET that they couldn't do that rate, and if I wanted it done at all it would cost me $90USD and as I was leaving for Vietnam after Phnom Penh I was forced to pay.

The staff here is really nice and the rooms are clean. The bar is a ghost town during the day but really gets rocking at night with a beer pong table and everything! There are some rooms too close to the bar that can be difficult to sleep in until midnight or so.

Staff were excellent, and the one in siem reap was great, there is swim pool! Good choice to stay at both PP and SR the mad monkey, strongly recomdated!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • China

No introductions needed for the infamous Mad Monkey. Definitely a party vibe, I really enjoyed it even though i only stayed 2 nights. If you want something a bit more chill and quiet, maybe not he place for you.

Couldn't ask for better in Phnom Penh. Chilled out during the day, fun at night, clean rooms and amazing staff - all while helping out local charities. The restaurant downstairs pumps out magnificent food if you can't make it out, while the bar upstairs really helps you to meet people during the evenings. Truly made my time in Phnom Penh as good as it was.

Really enjoyed staying here. It is a party hostel but still a nice place. Big spacious dorms and beds. Very clean, beds get made everyday. Lockers in rooms but no one locks door to rooms so anyone using the bar upstairs could walk in. Bar upstairs very noisy but finished bang on 11:30. Far from the river and tourist area but the area it's in is lovely, banana bar just round the corner too. Be nice if there was a separate chill out area to the bar when you want to rest. Great for meeting people.

Dorm beds huge 2 bathrooms within the 12 person dorm Staff very helpful and knowledgable for booking activities around town and further travel Bring locks for bag lockers Felt very safe and secure Food was a bit pricey but it was very nice (western food available) Bar had a good vibe

Did a month in Vietnam Cambodia and Laos, by far the best place ice stayed the bar tenders are great! Sam being the best. Always helpful and ready to have fun. When I return I will be staying here

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7