The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Party hostel with a bar (however not really a rooftop bar as advertised, as it has a roof) and a fancy restaurant (really delicious but expensive). Large rooms, large lockers. Staff in bar and restaurant is really friendly and attentive. staff at reception seemed quite distracted and bored with their job. wifi works.

Had my phone stolen whilst in Phnom Penh and they were extremely helpful and comforting and called the police straight away so i could file a report. The staff are great. Overall great hostel, if you don't like party hostels though you probably shouldn't stay here as its super load in most of the rooms as the rooms are situated above the bar which goes off every night.

The Mad Monkey in Phnom Penh really knows how to treat guests GREAT! The staff was excellent. Everybody had a big smile and where helpfull. The dorms where great as well. Big beds and a locker to put your valuables and other stuff. The restaurant had amazing food! Best hostel i have ever stayed at.

Met some great people here. Great place to socialise in the bar - we love Tina!!! Dorms were big and spacious and beds are huge and comfy!! Two things: bathrooms could be bigger and the lockers under the bed wouldn't fit a padlock on! Otherwise - awesome 😊

Great bar for socialising, big party at night but it closes at 12 so you can still get a decent nights sleep. Staff are helpful and beds are enormous! Own charging points by the beds for your phone etc.

Great time at the mad monkey and lovely in house tuk tuks too!

Very nice hostel. Comfortable and big beds and friendly staff. Nice bar with foosball table. Beer could be cheaper.

Dormroom without a window. Bad air even with the aircon. Shower next to dorm without any ventilation, except to dorm. Nice staff but I think hostel is not up to 2015 standard in hostels.

Very nice staff the organise everything i needed from visa to bus bookings .great place would stay there again

Scammed when getting a visa for Vietnam. I had emailed the dates of my arrival(so they knew it was close to TET) and asked for the price as I could have also gotten one while in Siem Reap for $75USD. They informed me that if I gave them 2 days, I could get a visa for $65USD. When I arrived, they told me that because it was TET that they couldn't do that rate, and if I wanted it done at all it would cost me $90USD and as I was leaving for Vietnam after Phnom Penh I was forced to pay.

The staff here is really nice and the rooms are clean. The bar is a ghost town during the day but really gets rocking at night with a beer pong table and everything! There are some rooms too close to the bar that can be difficult to sleep in until midnight or so.

Staff were excellent, and the one in siem reap was great, there is swim pool! Good choice to stay at both PP and SR the mad monkey, strongly recomdated!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • China

No introductions needed for the infamous Mad Monkey. Definitely a party vibe, I really enjoyed it even though i only stayed 2 nights. If you want something a bit more chill and quiet, maybe not he place for you.

Couldn't ask for better in Phnom Penh. Chilled out during the day, fun at night, clean rooms and amazing staff - all while helping out local charities. The restaurant downstairs pumps out magnificent food if you can't make it out, while the bar upstairs really helps you to meet people during the evenings. Truly made my time in Phnom Penh as good as it was.

Really enjoyed staying here. It is a party hostel but still a nice place. Big spacious dorms and beds. Very clean, beds get made everyday. Lockers in rooms but no one locks door to rooms so anyone using the bar upstairs could walk in. Bar upstairs very noisy but finished bang on 11:30. Far from the river and tourist area but the area it's in is lovely, banana bar just round the corner too. Be nice if there was a separate chill out area to the bar when you want to rest. Great for meeting people.

Dorm beds huge 2 bathrooms within the 12 person dorm Staff very helpful and knowledgable for booking activities around town and further travel Bring locks for bag lockers Felt very safe and secure Food was a bit pricey but it was very nice (western food available) Bar had a good vibe

Did a month in Vietnam Cambodia and Laos, by far the best place ice stayed the bar tenders are great! Sam being the best. Always helpful and ready to have fun. When I return I will be staying here

I had a great stay here in Mad Monkey. The staff were really amazing and very friendly. I met one staff and had shared his story of how he learned English and that is because of the guests. He was very kind and he even gave me a shot. This place rocks and above all they very accommodating. The place is soooo cool and so many guests are having fun. There is also a spa next to the building. A nice place to stay.

Fine hostel - would stay here again. The bar is very noisy at nights but they stop completely early enough so thats ok. One thing irritated me and that was louzy internet in my room at the 3rd floor. This hostel is obviously professinal business and they should be able to do better.

Stayed in a double private room for two nights which was right by the bar so if you had to wait until at least 11.30pm for it to be quiet. Beds comfortable enough abs locker inside the room. Bathrooms were clean. Last night was in a dorm which was ok, door didn't lock properly though. Breakfast menu was really good which was the most positive thing about my stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6