The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

1917 Total Reviews

Great hostel, great party - very good vibe! Special thanks to Sina and Fille for helping us and making us laugh! X

Stop points for being a party hostel. Ensuite bathroom - clean and hygienic. Beds are comfortable. Resturant has good and tastey options for a decent price. Staff will provide help regarding any query. Wi-Fi is not well setup, frequent disconnections and failure to connect are some common issues.

Really great hostel to meet people! Loved every second

Awesome place to stay. A party hostel with great food. Good place to meet people!

I knew this was supposed to be a good place to meet people but I didn't know that would mean there would be 22 people in my room coming in and out every 20 minutes shouting at each other, or that the hostel bar would be playing club style music till midnight. Rather than a hostel with a bar, this place is more like a bar with beds

Had a blast at the mad monkey in Phnom Penh. Good facilities. Had lots of fun at their roof top bar. I initially booked the room next to the roof top bar but asked for a room change when I arrived. No problems.

Everything and anything you want to do in Phnom Penh the staff can and will sort out. There are a lot of decent places to eat nearby and shops are close. Only downside is currently there's a new hotel being built next door and it's noisy from 7am onwards with cutting and drilling etc.

Taste the local food! It is amazing!

Good, sociable atmosphere with friendly staff. The only downside was having to fight for two bottom bunks (which we'd requested beforehand) and after they finally agreed, finding some guy had taken my bed and removed all my belongings from it. Apparently he was told he could do it. If not, hostel policy is that he should have paid for two beds but he wasn't charged for doing so.

Absolutely amazing! The bar staff was the best part of our stay. Very nice rooms and all the other travelers were very friendly. Located near some key areas (killing fields and genocide museum).

Great hostel, with helpful front desk to help book tours and travel on to next destination. The food is good, and the bar is fun - but maybe a little loud when you're trying to sleep. Would recommend staying here.

Won't get an early night sleep as the bar is extremely loud until after midnight. Bar and restaurant good though

If you're looking to meet people and party in Phenom Penh, The Mad Monkey is your best bet. This is a party hostel through and through, so plan accordingly, as it's not the ideal venue if you're looking for a quiet night's rest. All the facilities were pretty much what you'd expect from a quality hostel, although the food in the restaurant was pricey by hostel standards.

Very helpful staff, that help to organize your bustrips. Very good and big beds with reading light and plugs for each bed. Good bathroom facilities and clean. If you want to meet people, that the address. Mad monkey parties hard, sometimes it is a little bit to proessively promoted for my taste. But they stop music at about 12pm, so you can sleep quietly.

Stayed here for two nights whilst travelling solo. Had an absolute blast, best atmosphere in Phnom Penh! The dorms are really clean with big comfy beds and a/c and the food at the restaurant, whilst more expensive than the surrounding area is pretty good.

I found it was a really great way to meet people, especially as I was travelling solo. The atmosphere is really fun but there is loud music playing till midnight upstairs in the bar so if that's not your thing then it might not be for you. It's super affordable though and the bed's are pretty comfortable. It's not located in the centre of all the bars and restaurants, which is more near the riverside but I don't think you'll find many hostels on that end anyway.

• 11th Jan 2016

Arrived early am after a long sleeper bus, reception guy was rude & barely acknowledged us, seems others were discussing issues with them as we arrived too. One female staff staff did arrive bit later & finally check us in with a smile. The restaurant staff dont seem to want to be there & making an order seemed difficult for them. It isnt necessarily central, but dorms are clean. Its a party hostel so expect alot of rowdy fun on the roof. I wouldn't stay again.

Nice hostel, good area. It is not social as I expected it to be. Nighttime is great there, but day time is a problem. Common area us a restaurant...

For the cheap dorm prices you get more than your money's worth. I had such a great time here, made so many friends, drank a ton and did a pub crawl but felt comfy with AC and thick huge mattresses. Don't come here if you need to go to bed early because the dorms are seldom quiet. Staff was awesome and very very helpful and kind. Shoutout to Jaffa. Also shoutout to their Bloody Mary's and pesto pizzas (even though just around the corner is plenty of good cheaper food). Hope to be back ! Xx

Very overpriced and the reception staff weren't very welcoming and tried to charge us for 6 people although only 4 of us checked in & the booking was for 4 people. The food in the restaurant was really good and the staff were really nice and good fun. The wifi didn't really work and we were woken up by drilling at 6:30. Probably wouldn't stay here if we ever came back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7