The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. The staff was friendly and helpful and if you are looking for a party you came to the right place. The rooms were nice and clean so were the bathrooms. The only real negative is that our dorm room was right next to the upstairs bar so it was quite loud but the bar shuts down at 11:30 so not really a issue at all. Would stay here again.

The hostel was clean and comfortable, great atmosphere. Pros - the room I was in "habitat" was below rooftop bar - take ear plugs and eye mask! Some staff tried to not give you change or key deposit back. Also the minivan they sold me was 3 times the normal price this is disappointing seeing as the hostel is owned by foreigners you would think they would want to give you a reasonable price not rip you off this goes as well for getting a tuk tuk somewhere cheaper to bargain yourself.

Really good hostel and would definitely recommend. However breakfast is expensive and the bar is SO hot up there!

We had a private double room. The room was clean and spacious. Our hot water in the bathroom did not work which was disappointing. The hostel is great to meet people but loud if you are looking for quiet. The bar was loud until midnight while we were there and it was difficult to sleep. The restaurant had good food, but was a bit pricy. The staff were very friendly and helpful for arranging bus tickets.

Great staff, great food and a very enjoyable stay... Would recommend!

Lovely staff, smiling and helpful despite being very busy. Very good info on tours and onward transportation provided. My bathroom had an unpleasant smell and the noise from the restaurant and the roof top bar could be heard from my room, so relaxing in it was very difficult. First paragraph of welcome email warning me that if I did not show up I would still have to pay frankly felt rude. I can read the terms and conditions thank you very much.

Food is a bot overpriced and it gets a but too noisy at night for our taste, but overall a great hostel with awesome staff and great atmosphere

Amazing atmosphere and staff. Dorm rooms are great for money you pay. Home away from home

A bit more expensive than other places but it's worth it to know the business is being run ethically.

We just spent one night here, but it was a nice time. In the night there was party on the roof top and therefore quite loud, but it was acceptable. Good restaurant. Room was clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great place, great vibes.

Was at this hostel last year and came back this year, its excellent and professional. The food is amazingggg and the cleaning and wait staff are just the loveliest. Free drink upon arrival and rooms are bright and clean. We went straight from here to the one in Siem Reap. Only downfalls- lockers in room not secure at all covered only by loose bedboard. All staff so friendly but reception in both mad monkeys let them down entirely, they were so dull and asking them anything seemed a huge task.

This hostel has everything you need for a great stay in PP! Cool bar, good restaurant, big comfy beds and lockers. Staff are all Cambodian and very friendly and helpful.

Very social and clean hostel. Beds were very comfy. Enjoyed my stay. If you want a more personal and quiet hostel this isn't the place for you.

Good location. Rooms and are nice and clean. Bathrooms cleaned regularly. Good location. Food and water at hostel restaurant are expensive.

Even though we weren't looking for a "party" hostel, my boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here. The place is huge, with bars/restaurants/hang out areas on multiple floors. Our room was on the very top floor in a quiet section of the hostel, which was perfect for us. The room was super clean and the wifi connection was great. My only minor complaints are that the bathroom was a bit dirty (lots of hair in the sink), and the food was a little overpriced.

This mad monkey was good, but the monkey mad in seim reap was not so good, i booked a dorm online and when I got there I wanted to upgrade to a private room so instead of paying a little extra she canceled my booking and charged me $17 for one night and didnt really explain to me I was going to lose booking and pay all again

Good value for money, nice hostel. Nothing special but everything is there, food at the hostel is great tho, nice bar. Two issues with our room: - No curtains before the windows so the light gets in early morning - the bar area is above the rooms and everything that is moved there makes a hell of a noise -

Make sure you don't stay in room#15 - the twin private. After 5am, the staff outside get very loud and they also use the adjacent room for cleaning. I tried many times to ask them to be quiet but they just laughed at me. The people staying here and the bar is great....just avoid room#15

Very good hostel. I especially enjoyed staying in the Female dorm. Breakfast, food and cocktails are also really nice although relatively expensive!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5