The Mad Monkey

• Joerobertwright
  • England, Male, 18-24
22nd Apr 2017
7.7

Good party hostel, pretty lively atmosphere and clean. The staff were ok but weren't particularly friendly and I felt like they just wanted to do the minimum possible. Very much a case of go here to get drunk and don't expect much else (which suited me just fine!)

14th Apr 2017
7.4

Good atmosphere in the hostel and not too noisy late at night however there can be some issues with it. Food in the restaurant is fairly good and not too expensive. However they're isn't much by the way of good food located nearby. The toilet in my room wasn't very clean and the drains smelt which was really the only issue with staying here. Facilities were very good though and I would stay here again.

10th Apr 2017

Only stayed one night as then went.on to kampot but will stay again when we go back to phnom phen, the rooms and beds are really good and we'll airconed, the upstairs bar was very nice and had a good atmosphere and had a really good bbq on the night we went. The restaurant downstairs did really good Mexican food, didn't really use the pool area this time but most likely will when we go back, great hostel would recommend

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017

Good hostel - good vibe. Be careful of tuk tuk drivers.

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
5.4

Is an ok place to stay for 1 night or maybe 2 if you just need to rest whilst travelling across Cambodia. Bed's weren't very comfy and showers were awful. Didn't really like the staff as came across as rude. Would only stay here if you're spending 1 night since it's cheap.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Apr 2017
6.3

The food, pool and staff were great! Bathroom was disgusting, the worst I've seen!

7th Apr 2017

Overall an amazing place. The security was a little lax during the day, but that also just made it easier for us to get in and out of the rooms

6th Apr 2017

Beautiful area. The hammocks and swings above the water are great to relax in. The bar closes at midnight and music consists of top 40. The beach is secluded to the hostel and they have a monopoly on food and alcohol so bring your own booze and snacks to avoid a high tab at check out. Bring plenty of cash to avoid their 10% surcharge.

• USA, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2017
5.4

When showed my room, saw over 10 bed buds within the first 5 minutes. Asked to move and was moved to a dorm with more beds for same price. Then had issue with visa process and staff miscommunicated situation which forced me to have to change all subsequent plans and locations. Very frustrating experience here.

3rd Apr 2017

I loved my time spent at Mad Monkey. The pool, rooftop bar, restaurant and common areas are the perfect place to meet people. I had an amazing crew to hang with every night I was there and are still friends with them! The staff are great and very helpful with booking tours, exchanging money, printing documents. I had to get my non b Visa and the staff was great helping me with last minute documents I needed. The atmosphere here is at the top of the list for hostels I have stayed at.