The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Stayed in a dorm, think it was two 10 bed dorms in the same room. The bathroom didnt have walls all the way up so from my top bunk just outside i could hear everything. Location was pretty good, easy to get around the city on foot.

Great hostel for meeting fellow travellers...the washrooms were clean and the dorms were really comfortable. The staff at the restaurant downstairs were excellent however the bar staff on the rooftop could have been more attentive. Overall, I would recommend it.

This hostel is really awesome. A little pricey, but I think that comes with staying in the capital city. Only $20/night for the two of us in a really nice private room. Good happy hour specials and a lively bar. The bar does however close down at 11:30, which was nice for me because while I like to drink, I also like a good nights sleep. The food at the restaurant is excellent. Super friendly and helpful staff. They have tuk tuk drivers on hand so you don't have to bother haggling. They offer tu

All good but noicy

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Alright so Mad Monkey is one of those places that just makes you right at home! Lovely staff! Especially Vandy at the bar..such a happy dude! delicious food at the restaurant down below. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Highly recommend! Mad Monkey is the real deal!

Directions to this location were of no value.....

Nice atmosphere in the hostel, especially the bar was crowded. They organise an event every night: we had a awesome barbecue on the rooftop bar! The restaurant was fantastic!

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the Mad Monkey. Was a little worried it might be too noisy, but the bar is closed by 12.30am so it never became an issue. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, and the food was pretty good. The wifi was good and the reception had all the information we needed for tours and all that. Overall, it was a fun experience and met a lot of great people

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Only had a short one night stay here but it was pretty good. Nice friendly vibe, good places to chill out, free beer on arrival. Rooms were so so and bathroom was a bit old, but other than that no complaints. Great place if you want to party and meet cool people.

A/c in the rooms and dorms, friendly staff, great vibes! The 10 bed dorms are huge and well split in two parts! Perfect place to meet other travellers but still not too noisy!

We enjoyed the stay.

Awesome hostel, a little pricier than other choices but the money goes to giving back to the community. Staff is friendly and helpful and Jeff was always sure you had the opportunity to have a good time. Very social.

Great stay, only problem was the noise which prevented me from getting on decent nights sleep. If u are in the block where the rooftop bag is it is very noisy, and there was also really Loud banging and scraping on the ceiling. Apart from that, it was a brilliant place to stay, the staff are wicked!

Great hostel in most ways - but WiFi didn't work in private room and staff didn't know how to fix it. I called three times over two days and no luck. They were really nice but helpless in terms of support. This was important to me since I work online and need quite sometimes.

We stayed here 3 nights and liked the hostel. We done the tuk tuk tour to the killing fields and S21 through the hostel and our driver was very good. The restaurant and bar was nice and good place to meet people. We were staying in the older part of the hostel and had some problems with the smell from the drain in our shower. But the we informed the staff and they fixed it.

Party hostel with a bar (however not really a rooftop bar as advertised, as it has a roof) and a fancy restaurant (really delicious but expensive). Large rooms, large lockers. Staff in bar and restaurant is really friendly and attentive. staff at reception seemed quite distracted and bored with their job. wifi works.

We had a very bad matress the first night, we told the staff about it and the matress was replaced with a very good one the same day. Awesome! Nice atmosphere in the bar, decent prices, lots of noise but it stops at 23.30. The area is not particularly interesting, lots of fancy and western places. It's possible to find cheap local food, but you need to search a bit. Otherwise it's all very expensive. Very helpful staff, english speaking.

Had my phone stolen whilst in Phnom Penh and they were extremely helpful and comforting and called the police straight away so i could file a report. The staff are great. Overall great hostel, if you don't like party hostels though you probably shouldn't stay here as its super load in most of the rooms as the rooms are situated above the bar which goes off every night.

I stayed two nights at the hostel along with 4 of my girlfriends. The staff was very accommodating and were happy to book tours and buses for us. Security was great, they locked the front of the hostel up at night. Beds werent the most comfortable, but were large and clean. Some great food spots and a mini mart nearby. Overall a great experience!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Nice hostel. Has an artsy vibe and a great restaurant across from reception, where dorms are. Stayed in the all girl dorm and it was good. AC worked, bunk beds are pretty big and comfy. It's a little loud because we were under the rooftop bar, but I didn't mind. They have their own tuk tuk drivers outside reception if you want to tour the city. Overall, it's a good dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7