The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

1925 Total Reviews

Awesome place

So this is a really good party hostel, the only thing I miss is a pool :) And it's clean, good food and good staff! It's good they always have different bar games going on!

I'm mot sure how this place finds a balance between hosting a raging party every night and also keeping the facilities impeccably clean. I passed on the party although the noise made it seem like the party was in our room. Earplugs are a must if you plan on going to bed before midnight. Quiet location, decent showers, wifi throughout this colossal building!

• 6th Feb 2016

Great hostel, great party - very good vibe! Special thanks to Sina and Fille for helping us and making us laugh! X

Stop points for being a party hostel. Ensuite bathroom - clean and hygienic. Beds are comfortable. Resturant has good and tastey options for a decent price. Staff will provide help regarding any query. Wi-Fi is not well setup, frequent disconnections and failure to connect are some common issues.

The hostel is very nice and the staff are very friendly. However it is quite far from the best parts of town however it is only a 1 or 2 dollar tuk tuk so dosnt realy matter. The staff can't do enough to help you and the evening can be realy good fun.

• 29th Jan 2016

Genuinely the best hostel I stayed in while in asia

• 28th Jan 2016

If you're looking for a social and fun time the mad monkey is the party hostel in PP. They also have a chain of their hostels elsewhere in Bodia. Helpful staff, good restaurant with great food and reasonably priced. I stayed in the 6 bed mixed dorm and it was very clean and comfy. The bar upstairs is great as well. If you're there on a Sunday the pub crawl and bazooka shots will do some damage on you if you're up to the challenge. They also can book tours, buses, an all else you need

Really great hostel to meet people! Loved every second

Awesome place to stay. A party hostel with great food. Good place to meet people!

I knew this was supposed to be a good place to meet people but I didn't know that would mean there would be 22 people in my room coming in and out every 20 minutes shouting at each other, or that the hostel bar would be playing club style music till midnight. Rather than a hostel with a bar, this place is more like a bar with beds

Had a blast at the mad monkey in Phnom Penh. Good facilities. Had lots of fun at their roof top bar. I initially booked the room next to the roof top bar but asked for a room change when I arrived. No problems.

Everything and anything you want to do in Phnom Penh the staff can and will sort out. There are a lot of decent places to eat nearby and shops are close. Only downside is currently there's a new hotel being built next door and it's noisy from 7am onwards with cutting and drilling etc.

Love all the mad monkeys, so easy to book activities and coaches etc. Only down side that the mad monkey tuk tuk driver did try and rip me off $5 even after I checked the price with reception and wouldn't give me my change

Taste the local food! It is amazing!

Good, sociable atmosphere with friendly staff. The only downside was having to fight for two bottom bunks (which we'd requested beforehand) and after they finally agreed, finding some guy had taken my bed and removed all my belongings from it. Apparently he was told he could do it. If not, hostel policy is that he should have paid for two beds but he wasn't charged for doing so.

Absolutely amazing! The bar staff was the best part of our stay. Very nice rooms and all the other travelers were very friendly. Located near some key areas (killing fields and genocide museum).

Great hostel, with helpful front desk to help book tours and travel on to next destination. The food is good, and the bar is fun - but maybe a little loud when you're trying to sleep. Would recommend staying here.

Won't get an early night sleep as the bar is extremely loud until after midnight. Bar and restaurant good though

If you're looking to meet people and party in Phenom Penh, The Mad Monkey is your best bet. This is a party hostel through and through, so plan accordingly, as it's not the ideal venue if you're looking for a quiet night's rest. All the facilities were pretty much what you'd expect from a quality hostel, although the food in the restaurant was pricey by hostel standards.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7