The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Went here after staying at mad money kampot (which was great and would highly recommend) but a bit disappointed with my stay in Phnom Penh. Wifi didn't work for the duration of the stay and when I asked about it they couldn't tell me why or when it would be working again. Reception weren't very helpful. Bedrooms and bathroom clean but had a nasty smell. Highlights were good bar and good food in restaurant. Nice big beds with large lockers underneath.

Stayed at the Mad Monkey hostel in Siem Reap which was great so I chose to stay in it at Phnom Penh too, probably not as good as the one in Siem Reap but still a really good hostel. The hostel served slightly expensive but good food and the bar was really lively in the evening making it easy to meet people and start a good night out.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at - a perfect set up for backpackers. Food was fairly average though, you can get a better meal for the same price/cheaper elsewhere in the city

Mad monkey pretty much has it all. The only thing is it's far as hell from everything. I don't mind walking but most people get tuk tuks and they add up eventually. Good hostel though. Wifi worked nearly everywhere for me. Actually stayed 3 nights

Mad monkey is divided into two -first is where the rooftop bar & restaurant are located and the second is like an old mansion. We stayed at the old mansion house and it was very nice! Our room was very spacious too especially for 4 ladies. Since bars are already closed by 12MN, you can bring beers inside your room and drink. I would say the best part of Mad monkey was their bar restaurant. They offer delicious food from breakfast to dinner and beers for a late night chill!

The staff were so unwelcoming and unfriendly. The room was like a prison. The girl who showed it to us used our loo to look at herself before we even got to use it after a 12 hour journey. The restaurant is also really expensive! However, they get you having fun in the bar and take you to other bars and clubs. We had a great night out there, which I think is the main of the hostel.

Everything about the hostel was amazing. Very social, food was good and staff were amazing. Can't wait to come back next year!

Perfectly nice but nothing special, honestly wasn't overwhelmed by the bar or the movie room. Be warned we booked for an 8 person dorm room and got put in a 22 person dorm room which was kind of annoying and pretty loud even at night.

Nice place if you like to party. Major construction next door to some of the dorms that started at 5 am.

Absolutely brilliant hostel. Everyone's loving it, it's cheap as chips for what you get, just don't go there if you're looking to be in bed by 10 for a quiet night sleep. Would 100% come back

Lovely place. Great people. Awesome staff.

• 17th Aug 2015

Pretty nice

• 15th Aug 2015

Very good hostel for young people. Very social environment with parties almost every night. Food was a little expensive within the hostel but there were reasonably priced restaurants nearby. The room was great and clean. The cashpoint in the hostel annoyingly didn't take mastercards and I wasn't able to use the reception phone to call abroad to cancel a card that I lost.

fun party hostel, loads of stuff on and friendly staff. When your in Penh use the Tuk tuk driver called Stone he's Awesome !

• 12th Aug 2015

The hotel was very sociable, great for a lone traveller however, the walls are paper thin! You can here every little thing... had the worst three nights sleep! There was also building works that started about 6.30am every morning and they might as well have been drilling right next to my head... that's how loud it was!! Other than that the staff are very friendly, food at the restaurant was amazing and the nights out the bar organises are great fun!

Beware: it's a party hostel! Brightly coloured free drinks flow, beer pong is played and there's drunken bellowing aplenty. Early hours in the jungle dorm features copulation and vomiting after the noisy disco, right next door. Food downstairs is good, staff are friendly and helpful. A bunk in a dorm is £4 with a hot shower - good value. This is the place to drink and catch an STD. Party poopers like me should bring ear plugs and an eye mask to block out the hideousness. Or stay somewhere else.

It's a good place to go to meet other travellers who want to party, but the location is out of the way of the main attractions which was disappointing. Overall I thought it was over priced and over hyped.

Definitely a great place to stay! We started and finished our trip in Cambodia staying at Mad Monkey and quality service is obviously above the country's average for similar accomodations. Triple rooms are good, clean with everything needed. Staff is nice, dynamic and helpful. Last but not least, the atmosphere is great: this place is full of backpackers and there is something going on at the bar every single night... until midnight: then it's time to go to sleep or start a pub crawl.

Amazing hostel. Nicest staff I have encountered ANYWHERE. Truly can't say enough good things about the staff. Sothea especially. They found out it was my birthday and surprised me with a cake! So so so kind and helpful and accommodating. Great atmosphere as well - super fun and well led pub crawl by Jaffa! Best hostel ever, seriously you have to stay here. Nothing bad to say.

The staff are super friendly!! A very sociable hostel if you are a solo traveller!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7