The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Stayed two nights and in two different rooms. The first was in the villa in room for 4 people (a mistake in my booking i think) and in a private twin above the bar. Both rooms were amazing with quality A/C. Sure its a party hostel with a rooftop bar, but I've seen families stay there as well. The stairs are a bit of a bother but that can be overlooked. Wonderful staff at the resto.

I would definitely recommend Mad Monkey to anybody travelling in Cambodia. The atmosphere is great and you always meet cool people. The staff are lovely, very helpful and always smiling. They have their own tuk tuk drivers, which means you are definitely getting a safe drive. They have loads of helpful advice, activities every day and the food in the restaurant is great!

Trips and tours are quite expensive, for the rest a good hostel!

• 25th Apr 2015

Restaurant staff were great, reception staff not so after trying to say me and my friend hadn't paid for room when we had, became quite rude. room was noisy until 12am as bar was right next to it. Large 24 bed dorm so can generally be noisy. Food and drink was all good and reasonable price.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Spacious family room on the other side of the street to the restaurant. Gorgeous room with two large double beds for our party of four. Wifi available everywhere. Restaurant and bar opposite which sells good food. The bar itself is boiling hot despite fans - is no AC a ploy to make us drink more beer? Events on each night if people wanted to be involved - BBQ night was good. Knowledgable staff

Hostel facilities were good. Staff relatively helpful. Its a classic party hostel every night.

I loved the people that stayed at this hostel. All the travelers were friendly, and it was one of the more fun nights out during my vacation. The bar was awesome. The front desk staff was EXTREMELY unhelpful. It felt like I was bothering them every time I talked to them. I stayed at the other two Mad Monkeys, and this was the only one with the problem. The restaurant staff (some of them) were also quite rude and unhelpful.

Evry thing is perfect. Staffs are very friendly. We have a good time there. Hello from Vietnam

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Awesome hostel, with a lot of backpackers

nice and famous hostel! Good vibe and environment to meet other backpackers. nice concept: mad monkey drinking passport! bunkbeds are nice but the top ones are high tough. service and location is good and a nice own bar + restaurant!

True party hostel in Phnom Penh, only a short tuktuk ride away from everything. Staff encourages heavy drinking, so if you're looking for a low-key bar you should probably go somewhere else.

If you want to have fun and party this is the place to be ..cause this is a party hostel with brilliant facilities like bar, great food and good atmosphere..

Great hostel with comfortable beds, and enjoyable atmosphere. Food and drinks are fairly priced and delicious. Lots of options for booking transport. The hostel's Tuk tuk driver also give decent prices for all day service. Highly recommend.

We stayed for two nights and had a solid stay. We went to the bar once and never ate at the restaurant, so can't vouch for that. The staff at the bar however were friendly and always chatty. Our room was clean with good a/c available. The lockers were falling apart so not everyone was able to keep their valuable safe. As for the location, we were near a street full of great food! And it will take around 30 minutes to arrive at the Killing Fields. Stayed at Kampot location too and we loved it!

The whole staff was so kind and happy! And the food at the hostel restaurant was super good.

I honestly wish that The Mad Monkey had hostels all around SEAsia and not just Cambodia, because I would just jump from one to another. Great atmosphere. Great people. Just, really amazing for the price you pay.

Great social areas, room very clean and tidy. Staff extremely helpful and friendly

• 4th Apr 2015

Good hostel. We stayed in a standard twin room which was modern and clean, the only issue was there was no window in the room so it was very dark in the mornings. I booked a taxi for my 5:30am airport journey at reception the day before and they didn't offer receipts or any proof of payment even though I asked for something to show the driver, even though the driver showed up it would have put me at ease having a receipt.

It was alright, not the party hostel we were expecting. Maybe came at the wrong time. Very clean, nice decor, no pool table. Probs wouldn't stay here again.

Nice place staff are nice but all prices in the hostel seem to be steep for buses ect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7