The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great social hostel with great drinks deals each night and organised bar crawls making it really easy to meet people. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean with aircon but my bed was uncomfortable and the lockers were hard to close! Highly recommend for solo travellers

Brilliant hostel, great place to meet people. Big beds. Great staff in bar area.

This is a geeat place to stay for that money. The stuff is amazingly helpfull, smiling and fun. They have facilities. If you want to meet new people and have some fun this is the right place to come. I had so much fun there and met great people.

amazing party hostel, rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable

Really friendly and helpful staff, the food was incredible, great atmosphere and a fantastic way to meet like minded people! An absolutely brilliant place!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great social party hostel but terrible beds, hard metal spring mattress screwed up my back for a day! But solid hostel otherwise

This was an awesome hostel. Accommodation is so cheap. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant serves such good food you don't need to go anywhere else... Our room was on top of the "rooftop" bar so it was a bit noisy at night before 11:30 but if you can't sleep you can just join the party!

Really loved this hostel, staff were so fun and made sure everyone was having fun, it's a really social hostel and it could be loud sometimes but we didn't mind at all. The bar is lovely and the restaurant downstairs served beautiful food! Wish we could have stayed longer!

Great hostel, rooms and clean and bathrooms aren't too bad either. Food from the restaurant is awesome! Also the rooftop bar is a lot of fun. Would definitely stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2015

One of the best in south east asia, staff were so friendly and fun, the bar was great clean hostel! Great all round!

Probably the best hostel I stayed at in my 2 months of traveling in the east. Staff were absolutely amazingly, as was the cleanliness of the rooms and dorms. Great food at the restaurant.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

I took a private room and their was construction work right next to the window, which was super loud in the room. I was told it would only go on until 5.30pm but it went on well past that until perhaps 7pm and started up early in the morning. Considering what you charge for the private room there should have been a clear warning that construction work would be very loud or reduce prices according.

I was involved in a bus crash on my way to the hostel, I emailed the hostel to tell them I would be there 24 hours later. They acknowledged my email but forgot to do this. When I arrived they were full. They did everything they could to sort me out and managed to get me a bed, free of charge for the night. The staff were absolutely brilliant everywhere. Sebastian and the team at the bar were great. Really good fun. (I'm 'the mad Geordie) by the way. Fantastic place, fantastic people. Thank you.

Fun hostel - great atmosphere. Staff were super friendly and happy to help with anything. Food is a little expensive (for Cambodia) but huge portion size and really tasty. Great room as well.

Great hostel and awesome location. Very clean!

• 8th Jul 2015

Liked Phnom Penh way more than I expected. Mad monkey is the place to stay. Really good place to meet people and party. Staff is very friendly and the food comes in very generous portions (New Yorker for breakfast will last you for the day!)

Really enjoyed my stay apart from my dorm being directly under the bar! Really good atmosphere and really friendly staff!

One of the reasons we chose this hostel was because it said '24hr reception' so from this assumed we could check in any time. Arrived early hrs of the morning due to night bus but there was so much confusion even though I'd emailed beforehand and was assured it'll be fine. Apparently couldn't check in til 7am.. it being 5.30am. After much talking they finally just gave us a room and then we moved to our actual room during the day. Apart from that, everything was fine, decent hostel.

• 6th Jul 2015

Comfortable stay here --nice facilities & bar. If you want a low-key night id recommend somewhere else. Lots of cafes near by but I think its a bit far from the main attractions.

great hostel! but be careful for the tuk tuk drivers waiting outside, they ask for higher price and can be very annoying

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7