The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Restaurant staff were great, reception staff not so after trying to say me and my friend hadn't paid for room when we had, became quite rude. room was noisy until 12am as bar was right next to it. Large 24 bed dorm so can generally be noisy. Food and drink was all good and reasonable price.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Spacious family room on the other side of the street to the restaurant. Gorgeous room with two large double beds for our party of four. Wifi available everywhere. Restaurant and bar opposite which sells good food. The bar itself is boiling hot despite fans - is no AC a ploy to make us drink more beer? Events on each night if people wanted to be involved - BBQ night was good. Knowledgable staff

Mad monkeys are quite easily the best hostels you can stay in in Cambodia. After staying in this one we made sure we stayed in the others throughout our trip. The rooms are so spacious and the beds bigger than normal. Showers are good, air con is great. The bar is really sociable and a great way to meet people. Have there own trusted tuk tuk drivers that don't rip you off. Really recommend

Fantastic place to stay in the city. Really friendly staff and a good place to chill at the bar and meet people.

Hostel facilities were good. Staff relatively helpful. Its a classic party hostel every night.

I loved the people that stayed at this hostel. All the travelers were friendly, and it was one of the more fun nights out during my vacation. The bar was awesome. The front desk staff was EXTREMELY unhelpful. It felt like I was bothering them every time I talked to them. I stayed at the other two Mad Monkeys, and this was the only one with the problem. The restaurant staff (some of them) were also quite rude and unhelpful.

Evry thing is perfect. Staffs are very friendly. We have a good time there. Hello from Vietnam

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Awesome hostel, with a lot of backpackers

We had so much fun at this hostel. The rooms were basic but clean and comfy. Bathrooms were a little run down but sill clean and usable. The roof top bar was so much fun and such a good atmosphere :) unfortunately you do need to take a tuk tuk if you want to carry on partying after midnight but it's so cheap that didn't bother us. Food in restaurant was really nice. Would definitely recommend :)

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »