The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This hostel is really awesome. A little pricey, but I think that comes with staying in the capital city. Only $20/night for the two of us in a really nice private room. Good happy hour specials and a lively bar. The bar does however close down at 11:30, which was nice for me because while I like to drink, I also like a good nights sleep. The food at the restaurant is excellent. Super friendly and helpful staff. They have tuk tuk drivers on hand so you don't have to bother haggling. They offer tu

All good but noicy

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

This was a very nice hostel. Very western and definitely designed as a party hostel so sometimes you are stuck in dorms with less than considerate roomates (like I was). But the hostel itself was lovely. Very comfortable and roomy beds and rooms. Great staff and great food (although it was mostly a western menu and it was a bit pricy but that is to be expected at such a nice place)

Alright so Mad Monkey is one of those places that just makes you right at home! Lovely staff! Especially Vandy at the bar..such a happy dude! delicious food at the restaurant down below. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Highly recommend! Mad Monkey is the real deal!

Directions to this location were of no value.....

Nice atmosphere in the hostel, especially the bar was crowded. They organise an event every night: we had a awesome barbecue on the rooftop bar! The restaurant was fantastic!

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the Mad Monkey. Was a little worried it might be too noisy, but the bar is closed by 12.30am so it never became an issue. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, and the food was pretty good. The wifi was good and the reception had all the information we needed for tours and all that. Overall, it was a fun experience and met a lot of great people

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Really enjoy staying here. It's far from the main backpacker quarter but the hostel itself provide absolutely no reason to leave it. The restaurant is great, the bar is great, the guests are great! At the rooftop bar in the evening, it's one of the most socially healthy hotels I've stayed in. They also have a chess set.

Only had a short one night stay here but it was pretty good. Nice friendly vibe, good places to chill out, free beer on arrival. Rooms were so so and bathroom was a bit old, but other than that no complaints. Great place if you want to party and meet cool people.

A/c in the rooms and dorms, friendly staff, great vibes! The 10 bed dorms are huge and well split in two parts! Perfect place to meet other travellers but still not too noisy!

We enjoyed the stay.

Awesome hostel, a little pricier than other choices but the money goes to giving back to the community. Staff is friendly and helpful and Jeff was always sure you had the opportunity to have a good time. Very social.

Great stay, only problem was the noise which prevented me from getting on decent nights sleep. If u are in the block where the rooftop bag is it is very noisy, and there was also really Loud banging and scraping on the ceiling. Apart from that, it was a brilliant place to stay, the staff are wicked!

As everyone posts, the check in staff and travel staff are awful. They don't seem to care and it takes effort to get them to look at you and help even without any line. The bar staff is great. Beds were OK, the social spaces were fun. We had a private room but the door was easy to force open and housekeeping had a key. There was no where to lock anything. Despite Mad Monkey being only OK, I'd recommend it. It was definitely fine and there's no reason to avoid it. Maybe there are better places.

Great rooftop bar to socialize and meet other travellers. Pretty decent bar crawl most nights as well. Although the bar can get pretty loud it does shut down before midnight so even if you have the dorm room right beside the entry door it's not the worst thing in the world. Seemed to be close to some of the street food which was great as the restaurant can be a bit pricier depending on what you want.

Great hostel in most ways - but WiFi didn't work in private room and staff didn't know how to fix it. I called three times over two days and no luck. They were really nice but helpless in terms of support. This was important to me since I work online and need quite sometimes.

We stayed here 3 nights and liked the hostel. We done the tuk tuk tour to the killing fields and S21 through the hostel and our driver was very good. The restaurant and bar was nice and good place to meet people. We were staying in the older part of the hostel and had some problems with the smell from the drain in our shower. But the we informed the staff and they fixed it.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »