The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

If you want a good place to party then this is the place, the staff are crazy but awesome.

Unfortunately I was really pretty ill for most of my stay in Phnom Penh, so I couldn't get involved with the partying in the bar or try the infamous bazuka... But in spite of this I did really appreciate the super clean rooms and relatively comfy beds, and the place is very nicely decorated with some good social areas. The staff in the bar seemed really fun though the ones downstairs at reception were a little unfriendly in comparison.

I was very happy with my stay here, I was travelling alone so was really easy to meet people, each night they would do something up at the bar which was great fun. Bar crawl was my favourite. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm if you are someone who wants a peaceful sleep then I would recommend you get a private room as people do come home at early hours of the morning some nights. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I loved it and would stay here again when I come back.

• 30th Jul 2015

Was generally just ok. Mad Monkey Kampot was a lot better

This is an mazing place to meet people who are also travelling! We stayed in the 12 person dorm and it was totally fine and very clean! The food is ace and the bar is amazing! All the staff are lovely especially the lady bar manager who was so helpful, fun and looked out for you! Definitly recommend it!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • ccdoig
  • Scotland

One of my favourite hostels in SE Asia, met so many people such a good atmosphere for solo travellers like me. Bar is awesome, staff are really nice, rooms are so good massive beds, personal outlet and light by beds. Very clean. Super hostel but should be for the price. Loved this place would come back again

Very nice hostel in phnom penh! Very good food at the restraurant, but a bit expensive for Cambodia. Great bar staff, specially Mono!! :) Would definitely stay here if I go back!

Great social hostel with great drinks deals each night and organised bar crawls making it really easy to meet people. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean with aircon but my bed was uncomfortable and the lockers were hard to close! Highly recommend for solo travellers

Brilliant hostel, great place to meet people. Big beds. Great staff in bar area.

This is a geeat place to stay for that money. The stuff is amazingly helpfull, smiling and fun. They have facilities. If you want to meet new people and have some fun this is the right place to come. I had so much fun there and met great people.

The bar on the roof gets very hot and sweaty which is slightly unpleasant, but the vibe is good.

Our stay here was ok. I think the hostel is overrated. I have stayed at much better party hostels. Stayed on the top floor which was a nightmare to get up and down with a rucksack as the stairs are steep and narrow. Staff are friendly and the restaurant is good. Bar lacks atmosphere. Overall it is overpriced and would not stay again.

Good hostel if you want meet lots of people and party.

amazing party hostel, rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable

Really friendly and helpful staff, the food was incredible, great atmosphere and a fantastic way to meet like minded people! An absolutely brilliant place!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great social party hostel but terrible beds, hard metal spring mattress screwed up my back for a day! But solid hostel otherwise

This was an awesome hostel. Accommodation is so cheap. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant serves such good food you don't need to go anywhere else... Our room was on top of the "rooftop" bar so it was a bit noisy at night before 11:30 but if you can't sleep you can just join the party!

Really loved this hostel, staff were so fun and made sure everyone was having fun, it's a really social hostel and it could be loud sometimes but we didn't mind at all. The bar is lovely and the restaurant downstairs served beautiful food! Wish we could have stayed longer!

We stayed in both different buildings of the Phnom Penh Mad Monkey during our stay and both were fantastic. Very clean and spacious rooms. The restaurant and bar are great with very friendly staff. Staff were incredibly helpful when my travel partner and I needed to get medical assistance urgently, staff organised a tuk tuk to take us to an English speaking hospital which was only 5 mins away, we can't thank them enough for their assistance.

Great hostel, rooms and clean and bathrooms aren't too bad either. Food from the restaurant is awesome! Also the rooftop bar is a lot of fun. Would definitely stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2015