The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Spacious private room which was great but the bed wasn't great (pretty springy). Air conditioning was wonderful. Staff were nice and the atmosphere was great. Would go back for sure.

The best mad monkey hostel I've stayed at! The staff were amazing, so nice and consistent throughout my time there! The bathrooms were cleaned every day and the beds were pretty comfortable. The only issue was the constitutions taking place started really early but this isn't the hostel fault but just be prepared for this. Other than that a I thoroughly enjoyed my time here!

Very much for the Backpacker but with the added twist of good private rooms for couples and so forth. At Pnomh Penh it's a split site with main reception and accomodation one side of the road and restaurant accomodation and bar on the other side of the road.Food in the restaurant bar was good although the menu was heavily biased towards western dishes. Nightly games in the upper bar catering to those who wanted to drink lots of beer and shots.Well organised supply of tuk-tuks. A well run place

• 15th Jun 2015

Really fun hostel great atmopsphere. Clean and good facilities. Really good food in the restaurant but is a little expensive. Bar is really fun in the evening with events. But be careful with valuables in the street had my phone stolen by a motorbike whilst looking at a map!

Great place to meet fellow travelers! Staff is very friendly-always made you feel welcome.

Good hostel. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. Also enjoyed the restaurant and rooftop bar that created a fun social environment for everyone to hang out. My only complaint was the mattress, I could feel every spring in that thing and I was sore the next day in every place a spring was jabbing into my body. Most mattresses in Asia are hard but this was different.

Excellent hostel if you want to party.

Hostel was not very clean, toilet smells so bad. Difficult to approach the receptionist and they weren't very friendly when i have enquiries. Food are pricey, the value of this hostel is probably in its party environment which they host alot of cool events everyday, but still you pay a premium for it to meet people and party,

Great atmosphere and second Mad monkey I stayed at, the staff are great, Tina is an asset to the team too! :) Thanks for a great couple of nights!

Nice hostel in a safe area, kinda the western part of town (there is a Costa's around the corner) that has a fun bar that isn't too much fratness to deal with.

I liked that party vibe of the hostel as I went with the intention to meet people. Dorms were clean and beds were comfortable. Could have done with more of an area to chill out apart from the bar or restaurant. Overall pretty happy with stay

The Mad Monkey is a cool place to stay. Many cool backpackers stay there, so it is easy to make friends. The Mad Monkey has a bar and restaurant. Although the menu is a little more pricey than competitors, the food tends to be excellent. The staff are friendly too.

They didn't get my email asking to switch the dates of my booking. Stayed here through sheer luck!

We had a really good time at Mad Monkey. It was my birthday and we had so much fun at the rooftop bar. The dorms are clean and the beds are huge which is really nice. The food at the restaurant is really overpriced but the quesadilla's are nice.

Great place for meeting new people, the staff work perfect, rooms are very clean, has a restaurant and varied food. Disputes the fact that it's very far from everything.. But usually you take a tuk tuk tour from the hostel. At evening there is a rooftop bar.

AC did not work very well. Staff not helpful. Bar and hangout area very nice. Food was pretty good. Some of the sites are pretty walkable from hostel.

Amazing restaurant but fairly pricy for Cambodia, very modern and clean hostel. Great bar. Rooms are comfortable

Pretty loud party hostel. If you're in the mood to party then it's a great place. I got the stomach flu during my stay here so the noices from the upstairs bar were pretty miserable. They all shut down by 12pm but still expect a little bit of noice

Nice facilities and good food, easy to meet people. A little outside of the center of the city though

The social atmosphere at Mad Monkey is great, it is easy to meet people at the restaurant and bar. I stayed at the jungle dorm, which is next to the bar - but because this dorm is made up of different components and I stayed in the one furthest away from the bar, there was no nuisance whatsoever. The restaurant and tickets are pricey though and there are no good local food alternatives in the direct neighbourhood, so be prepared to walk a little further.