The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

There was no free beer on arrival as promised. Service of the staff was bad, as they were unfriendly and didnt want to help if i had a question. it looked like they see you more than a running wallet which the can take dollar out instead of a guest.

It's a perfect place to meet people, discover new places with the help of the staff, the location is also great.

Mad monkey was my first hostel experience and now being at a different hostel I can only think of how amazing it was and how much I miss it! The prices for food and some drinks were a little higher than I had expected but the jungle room was amazing, super spacious, the bar is a great way to meet new people and the games are the best!! FLIP CUP!!!!!

• 29th Mar 2015

Good place to start. Easy, safe bet, with all information and help laid out for you, mostly UK and US 18-30s. Would suit partying travellers more.

Loved our stay at the Mad Monkey! Their restaurant is amazing, with a massive menu and delicious food. The roof bar is great fun too, with a great party atmosphere. They have tuktuks outside which will take you to all the tourist sites and a great reception area where the staff have info about everything you want. Just made the stay very chilled cos you have everything you need at your doorstep.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Stayed in a dorm, think it was two 10 bed dorms in the same room. The bathroom didnt have walls all the way up so from my top bunk just outside i could hear everything. Location was pretty good, easy to get around the city on foot.

Best hostel i've ever stayed in. Had the time of my life here! Most i liked the atmosphere. It's SO easy to make friends here. I only walked to the bar and made directly 10 friends or something. They've got beerpong, tablesoccer and they organise pubcrawls. Staff was also nice and did all they could to to get me a busticket to Siem Reap. Thanks!

A really cool hostel chain. Very nice bar and nice staff. Good concept for the mad monkey passeport where you stamp all your beers/cocktail and you get a siglet after 20 beers. Close to the S-21prison

Great hostel for meeting fellow travellers...the washrooms were clean and the dorms were really comfortable. The staff at the restaurant downstairs were excellent however the bar staff on the rooftop could have been more attentive. Overall, I would recommend it.

Good facilities and good beds. You can book a lot from the hostel itself. Maybe a bit to big to quickly meet people.

Best place in Phnom Penh. A friend of mine told me to go there and I don't regret my decision. The minute I got there I felt welcomed and met new friends and with some we decided to travel together. The staff is awesome. They are very caring and really helpful. My second time there was as perfect as the first one.

Party, party, party, party! Just go and enjoy it, amazing!

This hostel is really awesome. A little pricey, but I think that comes with staying in the capital city. Only $20/night for the two of us in a really nice private room. Good happy hour specials and a lively bar. The bar does however close down at 11:30, which was nice for me because while I like to drink, I also like a good nights sleep. The food at the restaurant is excellent. Super friendly and helpful staff. They have tuk tuk drivers on hand so you don't have to bother haggling. They offer tu

All good but noicy

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

This was a very nice hostel. Very western and definitely designed as a party hostel so sometimes you are stuck in dorms with less than considerate roomates (like I was). But the hostel itself was lovely. Very comfortable and roomy beds and rooms. Great staff and great food (although it was mostly a western menu and it was a bit pricy but that is to be expected at such a nice place)

Alright so Mad Monkey is one of those places that just makes you right at home! Lovely staff! Especially Vandy at the bar..such a happy dude! delicious food at the restaurant down below. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Highly recommend! Mad Monkey is the real deal!

Directions to this location were of no value.....

Nice atmosphere in the hostel, especially the bar was crowded. They organise an event every night: we had a awesome barbecue on the rooftop bar! The restaurant was fantastic!

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the Mad Monkey. Was a little worried it might be too noisy, but the bar is closed by 12.30am so it never became an issue. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, and the food was pretty good. The wifi was good and the reception had all the information we needed for tours and all that. Overall, it was a fun experience and met a lot of great people

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Really enjoy staying here. It's far from the main backpacker quarter but the hostel itself provide absolutely no reason to leave it. The restaurant is great, the bar is great, the guests are great! At the rooftop bar in the evening, it's one of the most socially healthy hotels I've stayed in. They also have a chess set.