The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

great(!!) staff, nice rooftop bar, very clean. best hostel in Phnom Penh.

Massive dorm beds with great air con and storage! Would be nice to have a lounging TV area but with so much to do in the city it's not necessary! Local area is decent for nights out but taxi is needed for waterfront or street 51etc. Food is good but happy hour could be cheaper!

I think the airco was put too high in the mixed dorms.. People can easily catch a cold from a 16 degrees airco. The difference in temperature between in and outside shouldnt be more than 8 degrees!

Big clean bunks & friendly staff. Particularly Sothea who is always so very helpful & smiling, no matter what. He knows everything. THANKYOU. Look forward to my return.

Staff were rally nice and friendly and had great English. Really helpful. Hostel is a great place if you want to party but if you want quiet this isn't the best place. The dorms are right next to the bar So are really noisey and no way to sleep till it shuts off at 12ish but theb you have everyone coming in and out before heading to some other bar. Good hostel though with great A/C and bar/cafe was amazing if a bit overpriced.

That the staff should tell prospective guests that the floor and dorms where the bar is is particularly noisy, like seriously noisy and if like me were getting up early to catch a flight then I was not impressed with the Mad Monkey, I wish i had stayed elsewhere.

Loved staying here! Food in Resturant is great for a reasonable price. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The bar in the hostel is great to meet people and there are lots of things going on each night. The staff are soo lovely! We had a bit of trouble with our taxi driver and a member of staff, named Sothea, on the front desk helped us out and was so kind and helpful. I was very greatful so his help!!! Would stay at mad monkeys again!!

Clean, secure, nice bar, bit far from centre of town if you want to walk to the sites. Restaurant is v expensive but in good area for other restaurants.

Liked the 8 people dorm much more. The bigger dorm is much more "used". Stuff is very helpfull. A special plus is that you can choose the buscompany on your own and so on your own risk. They tell you about the differences so you can choose. The breakfast is very expencive but the coffee is great!

Amazing! This place is a gem. The staff is awesome (Tina M.) cool bar upstairs. Lots of rooms

I had a great time here and met lots of people. A good party atmosphere and helpful staff with decent range of tours and things to do. Nice bar on the roof which closes around 11PM so you can still get some sleep. Lockers under each bed which is great.

I was only here for one night. The guy across from me on the top bunk got a blowjob the night I was there. I would have given this hostel a higher rating if she had given me one too.

The hostel was a great value. Very clean and spacious. The staff were relatively helpful in helping my group book activities. Definite party hostel as they had a large area for dinner and bar upstairs.

Amazing hostel!!!

On site lively bar is a plus. Location is not the most central, but pretty good and safe. Restaurant is good, although not a lot of choices within 5-10 min walking. Personal minor bad experience was that one of the Staff was not too proactive(or lack the knowledge) on providing info on travel method in which they didn't get a commission. I had to ask them to inquire for me. Even then I got a weak response. Overall, mad monkey(phnom Penh) is a big party hostel with tons of packaged tours.

Awesome hostel, great location, and always has something going on every night. Easy way to also meet other travellers. Highly recommended.

I stayed here twice as it's a well run hostel. It's clean, the bar is great & the staff in the restaurant & the bar are lovely. the staff on reception can be selective when they want to be helpful which can be a bit irritating. When trying to ask advice on onward travel, they're a bit vague. Security is good but watch your belongings when you're out! it isn't as social as other mad monkeys but it's ok :)

I stayed 2 nights and must say it's one of the cleanest and most comfortable hostels I've stayed in. Security is great, food at the restaurant is excellent allbeit on the more expensive side. This place is aimed mainly towards the younger crowd so it was quite noisy especially seeing as the rooftop bar is right next to the dorm, bring your earplugs if you're not partying as you'll need them to sleep through the night.

Great value. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Staff are helpful and service in the restaurant is good. Location is in a good neighborhood, but a short drive to most of the attractions.

Best Western food! pub crawl every night. Tuktuks in front of the door 24/7