The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Staff were excellent, and the one in siem reap was great, there is swim pool! Good choice to stay at both PP and SR the mad monkey, strongly recomdated!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • China

No introductions needed for the infamous Mad Monkey. Definitely a party vibe, I really enjoyed it even though i only stayed 2 nights. If you want something a bit more chill and quiet, maybe not he place for you.

Couldn't ask for better in Phnom Penh. Chilled out during the day, fun at night, clean rooms and amazing staff - all while helping out local charities. The restaurant downstairs pumps out magnificent food if you can't make it out, while the bar upstairs really helps you to meet people during the evenings. Truly made my time in Phnom Penh as good as it was.

Really enjoyed staying here. It is a party hostel but still a nice place. Big spacious dorms and beds. Very clean, beds get made everyday. Lockers in rooms but no one locks door to rooms so anyone using the bar upstairs could walk in. Bar upstairs very noisy but finished bang on 11:30. Far from the river and tourist area but the area it's in is lovely, banana bar just round the corner too. Be nice if there was a separate chill out area to the bar when you want to rest. Great for meeting people.

Dorm beds huge 2 bathrooms within the 12 person dorm Staff very helpful and knowledgable for booking activities around town and further travel Bring locks for bag lockers Felt very safe and secure Food was a bit pricey but it was very nice (western food available) Bar had a good vibe

Did a month in Vietnam Cambodia and Laos, by far the best place ice stayed the bar tenders are great! Sam being the best. Always helpful and ready to have fun. When I return I will be staying here

I had a great stay here in Mad Monkey. The staff were really amazing and very friendly. I met one staff and had shared his story of how he learned English and that is because of the guests. He was very kind and he even gave me a shot. This place rocks and above all they very accommodating. The place is soooo cool and so many guests are having fun. There is also a spa next to the building. A nice place to stay.

Fine hostel - would stay here again. The bar is very noisy at nights but they stop completely early enough so thats ok. One thing irritated me and that was louzy internet in my room at the 3rd floor. This hostel is obviously professinal business and they should be able to do better.

Stayed in a double private room for two nights which was right by the bar so if you had to wait until at least 11.30pm for it to be quiet. Beds comfortable enough abs locker inside the room. Bathrooms were clean. Last night was in a dorm which was ok, door didn't lock properly though. Breakfast menu was really good which was the most positive thing about my stay

A great hostel for a lone traveller as there is always an event on to make it easy to meet people. Also has a great rooftop bar that's lots of fun. Just don't expect peace and quiet when staying here, but if you're looking for fun, it's the place for you.

Super fun bar at the hostel and staff were so helpful and friends. The bed was really comfy! Super soft sheets. Need to bring your own lock to lock things up.

Awesome hostel..staff are great and very helpful. Easy to get to from the airport $8 tuk tuk maybe 30-45 min ride. Tours are great we definitely recommend the atv tour and prices are great in the reatraunt! Would stay at again for sure.

cannot fault this place! staff awesome! food great...loved my week or so stay

Staff was very helpful in checking into our bus connection even though we didn't book it through them.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Noisy at night

Would 100% recommend to anyone staying in Phnom Penh. Great place, great food and great staff!

After reading the thousands of reviews we were so keen to stay here but I was disappointed :( -the staff when checking in were rude and showed no interest in helping us know the area. -there is no key to the dorm.. -we were booked into the wrong dorm and the staff argued with us. -dorms are so noisy especially next to the bar upstairs. -location is very far from the main river front. -food was awesome once tried the same the next day and it was so poor! Anyway, I wouldn't recommend!

• 25th Jan 2015

Staff are super friendly. Defs a party vibe here which really wasn't what we were after because we only spent 2 nights, so had to be up early to do things. The rooms were good with sockets & comfy beds. If you are near the bar then bring ear plugs if you want sleep

This has to be the best hostel we have stayed in so far. The staff are brilliant, dorms are clean with ensuites, very large lockers and comfy beds. If you stay here I suggest you try the food, everything we had was fantastic! Also give the bbq a go on Tuesday's and Fridays! Very good value ✌️

We stayed in the 10 bed dorm, which is huge, so it doesn't feel crowded at all. It's right next to the bar, but we could never hear it. However, if you went into the bar, it was loud and lively, very easy to meet new travelers!