The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel with rooftop bar in a great location! Plenty of good restaurants nearby and the hostel has it's own tuk tuk drivers to take you to the killing fields etc. Would stay again for sure!

Great facility, staff, and happy hour! I would still recommend staying closer to the river as it's a lot more vibrant.

Booked a "boat trip" to phu quoc. It's was actually a bustrip /-( because of bad planning we didn't arrived in time at the pier, They dropped us just over the border. The company told us we have to wait the whole night, and The promised 7?o'clock pick never showed up, one day later, 35 dollar extra (total 66 dollar) I arrived. don't book your "boat trips" at this place! The company sucks! The worst I've seen in 3 months asia! Hostel is fine btw!

We stayed one night in a 4 bed private room, which is in a new building just across the street. The staff was friendly and the room was really clean and cozy. The bathroom was big and comfortable, but the bathtub leaked a bit so taking a shower was a bit messy. But this wasn't a big issue in the end. The location is fair, just a 10 min. walk from the Silver Pagoda or a cheap tuk tuk ride. Value for money, definitely recommended!

stayed there for one night and couldnt complain! friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities! its divided into two buildings, rooms are without keys, everyone can walk in...

This hostel has everything you need at a high standard. Their philosophy is great, being very ethical socially, which makes it worth the slightly higher price you pay. The staff are fantastic. The food in the restaurant was awesome!

The staff were awesome and helpful - the resturant was great value for money, serving a range of good meals. The room was very clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was wonderful, great place to meet people or even just to do your own thing. Whilst the corridors can at times be quiet loud, our overall stay was wonderful.

Great place to meet awesome people the bar is great apart from they close all the windows at night an you can't breath from all the smokers.

• 29th Dec 2014

Big comfy beds and great facilities. food is pricey but overall a great hostel

Very clean rooms, great food, and a nice atmosphere for meeting other travelers! Would stay here again.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great hostel. awesome atmosphere. Would definitely stay again

The hostel was the start of our trip in Cambodia. It was great (except for the hot water being broken) the bar upstairs served a DELICIOUS BBQ, and the free drink on arrival was awesome. We enjoyed out stay and would DEF stay again.

Great helpful staff! Much better atmosphere than the siem reap mad monkey. We had a private room with an ensuite and we were very pleased. Would certainly recommend.

I really wanted to like The Mad Monkey, but considering the hostels we stayed at, it just wasn't our favorite. The room was okay, wi-fi did not work well for us at all, we had an issue with a bartender who only seemed to pay attention to Australian customers (literally stayed on one side of the bar, only serving Australian guests), and while the bar is cheap and offers a lot of drinks, their stairways are super tricky to walk down or up when you are buzzed or actually sober.

An affordable, funky and friendly place to stay, I really enjoyed my time at the Mad Monkey PP. The service is fantastic and the food is not only really well priced but super delicious. I loved the minced pork and eggplant and the Amok. Drink specials are also awesome. Well done team, you're doing a great job!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Nice hostel, good beds, easy to meet people. Always something going on at the roof top bar. Food at the restaurant is pretty decent too.

Okay place if you just need a bed and you want to party. I found the staff to be a little rude and not very helpful. Although, I'm sure others may have had a different experience.

it's impossible sleep in the dorm there were too sound

I loved my stay in this hostel. The Mad Monkey has a really good restaurant and a nice rooftopbar. The location was good for seeing the Genocide Museum. The hostel has it's own tuktukdrivers in front of the hostel. They bring you to the killing fields or to other places. Even the tuktukdrivers care about your safety, warning you for not taking out your camera or phone in the tuktuk or in the city. I would recommend this hostel to everybody!

Nice bar and restaurant, pub crawls and other activities arranged. Good wifi. Lovely staff. Got my Vietnam visa in 24h here. Spacious, clean dorm with big lockers. Could feel every spring in my mattress, very uncomfortable! Not the place for a peacuful night's sleep as constantly drunk people coming in and out of the room making a lot of noise.