The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Good hostel, you cant really go wrong with Mad Monkeys. The organised pub crawl is great for meeting people.

. No locks on the doors and its not safe, someone broke into our dorm in the night and was very violent

Loved The Mad Monkey! Good lively atmosphere. Dorm room was like one big room sectioned off into smaller rooms, so if you are loking for some peace and quiet this isnt the place for you. Sunset bar is fun and theres always stuff going on in the evening. Food is really good too. Will stay here again no doubt.

Nice hostel if you are looking for a social atmosphere

a bit noisy, others things are quite good

I like this place!!

Typical fairly modern backpackers popular with westerners. The lively bar is quite close to some of the dorms, but it closes reasonably early.

Good hostel with a nice bar however the road next to the hostel is known to be a dangerous road and someone tried to steal my bag as I walked from top banana (which is just down the road 5 minute walk) and another person we met got a tuk tuk back to the hostel but they didn't drop him off outside they dropped him off on that road and he got hit over the head, beaten up and knocked out and his money stolen from his wallet. My overall comment is I think this is happening all over phenom Penh.

Stayed in a two-bed private room across the road from the bar; it was basic without the frills - the room was big but really had nothing in it except the bed, the rubbish bin and the bathroom lol. Sheets were paper thin and bathroom was small but no complaints given the amount that we paid. Wifi signal was also a little weak in our room. Other than that staff was helpful in checking in/out and also in arranging for our tours!

great(!!) staff, nice rooftop bar, very clean. best hostel in Phnom Penh.

Massive dorm beds with great air con and storage! Would be nice to have a lounging TV area but with so much to do in the city it's not necessary! Local area is decent for nights out but taxi is needed for waterfront or street 51etc. Food is good but happy hour could be cheaper!

I think the airco was put too high in the mixed dorms.. People can easily catch a cold from a 16 degrees airco. The difference in temperature between in and outside shouldnt be more than 8 degrees!

Big clean bunks & friendly staff. Particularly Sothea who is always so very helpful & smiling, no matter what. He knows everything. THANKYOU. Look forward to my return.

Staff were rally nice and friendly and had great English. Really helpful. Hostel is a great place if you want to party but if you want quiet this isn't the best place. The dorms are right next to the bar So are really noisey and no way to sleep till it shuts off at 12ish but theb you have everyone coming in and out before heading to some other bar. Good hostel though with great A/C and bar/cafe was amazing if a bit overpriced.

That the staff should tell prospective guests that the floor and dorms where the bar is is particularly noisy, like seriously noisy and if like me were getting up early to catch a flight then I was not impressed with the Mad Monkey, I wish i had stayed elsewhere.

Loved staying here! Food in Resturant is great for a reasonable price. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The bar in the hostel is great to meet people and there are lots of things going on each night. The staff are soo lovely! We had a bit of trouble with our taxi driver and a member of staff, named Sothea, on the front desk helped us out and was so kind and helpful. I was very greatful so his help!!! Would stay at mad monkeys again!!

Clean, secure, nice bar, bit far from centre of town if you want to walk to the sites. Restaurant is v expensive but in good area for other restaurants.

Liked the 8 people dorm much more. The bigger dorm is much more "used". Stuff is very helpfull. A special plus is that you can choose the buscompany on your own and so on your own risk. They tell you about the differences so you can choose. The breakfast is very expencive but the coffee is great!

Amazing! This place is a gem. The staff is awesome (Tina M.) cool bar upstairs. Lots of rooms

I had a great time here and met lots of people. A good party atmosphere and helpful staff with decent range of tours and things to do. Nice bar on the roof which closes around 11PM so you can still get some sleep. Lockers under each bed which is great.