The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Really friendly and funny staff, but not quite as good as the Mad Monkey in Siem Reap for me. Food in resteraunt a bit on the expensive side but plenty of cheaper alternatives around Phnom Penh. I'd stay here again though, it was very comfortable.

I absolutely love the Mad Monkey because it has such a good atmosphere. One big downside is that you barely can sleep until 11 pm as the bar is open and in many rooms you hear the chairs constantly moving around (plus loud music and drunk people talking to each other). The food is AMAZING though, a bit overpriced but AMAZING. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Besides the noise at night, this is a really good hostel though!

This is a really fun hostel without being a party hostel. The staff are young, keen and friendly. The bunk beds are large and comfortable. There are large lockers for each bed to make sure your stuff is safe. The hostel staff are really helpful in arranging tours and helping with sightseeing directions. The hostel bar and restaurant is across the road. They serve tasty meals and snacks at reasonable prices. I would highly recommend this hostel.

I would definitely recommend the mad monkey to stay in Phnom Penh. They offer all what you can wish: clean room, hot shower, good beds, nice bar, good food etc. The staff is also really friendly. If you want to have a quiet evening, ask to have a room not too close from the bar ;)

I love this hostel!! Personally I think the one in Siem Reap is better, but overall definitely cannot complain about this one. The facilities were amazing, the dorm rooms were spacious and very clean, and the food was fairly priced. The service in the restaurant is pretty slow, but it's clear all the staff really love their job, which was really nice to see. The roof top bar is also packed every night - great place to meet people! Would definitely stay here again.

Nice hostel, very clean, comfy beds, 24h hot shower, nice staff - they can help you booking tickets and they organise parties and gatherings. They have a nice café and a nice bar, so it is a cool place to meet people. The only thing is that is it a bit pricy in comparison and my stay was spoiled by very noisy roomies.

Mad monkey is an amazing 5star complex with a funky retreat for the backpackers who want to socialise and relax with a touch of quality and style! Sothea the guy at the desk who welcomes you is just an amazing guy as well as funny, and full of humour! I think it is great that Sothea lifts up the place and brings a smile and laughter to everyone here ! The place is just amazing with such great style and vibrance! The staff make this an amazing and wonderful pce to be in especially Sothea :) !

• 13th Feb 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Mad Monkey. We especially liked the fact that: The staff members were quite friendly; some of the bathrooms were super clean, had modern fixtures, and were bright and cheery; we got free drink coupons when we checked in; the bar closed early enough that we got to bed at a decent hour; and the hostel is environmentally friendly. What we didn't really like was that the walls were paper thin, so at times we felt as if our talkative neighbors were sharing our room with us.

Wicked hostel, clean with good facilities Every night when the bar closes everyone heads to the next place, great atmosphere

One of THE best hostels I've ever stayed in. We had just spent a week on some of the islands and were relieved and excited by the comforts provided by the Mad Monkey - great shower, comfy bed, CLEAN spacious room, extensive menu. Really loved all the information provided and the fact the business promotes fair wages for Cambodian workers. Wasn't loud where our room was which was a major bonus. We liked it so much we stayed at the Mad Monkey in Siem Reap too.

This hostel is pretty awesome, love the roof bar atmosphere is good. Met loads of cool people and it's an easy to get stuck there,

This is a really great hostel. The staff are friendly, welcoming, and will you help you arrange anything and everything. I met some great people here-- the bar is cool and the restaurant, although a bit on the expensive end, is good and a great place to hang out and meet people. The rooms are big, airy, and the beds are comfortable. Everyone has a socket and a reading lamp, and there are small lockers in the room for valuables. The bathroom was kept clean. I would absolutely stay here again!

Very clean and nice facilities, but expensive and expensive neighbourhood. Also a lack of chillout space for meeting other travellers. However, staff were very helpful and beds were comfortable!

It was a very pleasant place to stay. Excellent food!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »