The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel - fully recommended!

The hostel was clean and comfortable, great atmosphere. Pros - the room I was in "habitat" was below rooftop bar - take ear plugs and eye mask! Some staff tried to not give you change or key deposit back. Also the minivan they sold me was 3 times the normal price this is disappointing seeing as the hostel is owned by foreigners you would think they would want to give you a reasonable price not rip you off this goes as well for getting a tuk tuk somewhere cheaper to bargain yourself.

Really good hostel and would definitely recommend. However breakfast is expensive and the bar is SO hot up there!

We had a private double room. The room was clean and spacious. Our hot water in the bathroom did not work which was disappointing. The hostel is great to meet people but loud if you are looking for quiet. The bar was loud until midnight while we were there and it was difficult to sleep. The restaurant had good food, but was a bit pricy. The staff were very friendly and helpful for arranging bus tickets.

Great staff, great food and a very enjoyable stay... Would recommend!

Lovely staff, smiling and helpful despite being very busy. Very good info on tours and onward transportation provided. My bathroom had an unpleasant smell and the noise from the restaurant and the roof top bar could be heard from my room, so relaxing in it was very difficult. First paragraph of welcome email warning me that if I did not show up I would still have to pay frankly felt rude. I can read the terms and conditions thank you very much.

Food is a bot overpriced and it gets a but too noisy at night for our taste, but overall a great hostel with awesome staff and great atmosphere

I booked a 10 beds dorm, which turned out to consist of 22 beds, noise all night long. The bathroom was disgusting, the atmosphere only pointed towards drinking and the security was s**t. No key for the door and a poor locker if you can call it that! The staff though was ok, but nothing special...

Amazing atmosphere and staff. Dorm rooms are great for money you pay. Home away from home

A bit more expensive than other places but it's worth it to know the business is being run ethically.

We just spent one night here, but it was a nice time. In the night there was party on the roof top and therefore quite loud, but it was acceptable. Good restaurant. Room was clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great place, great vibes.

Was at this hostel last year and came back this year, its excellent and professional. The food is amazingggg and the cleaning and wait staff are just the loveliest. Free drink upon arrival and rooms are bright and clean. We went straight from here to the one in Siem Reap. Only downfalls- lockers in room not secure at all covered only by loose bedboard. All staff so friendly but reception in both mad monkeys let them down entirely, they were so dull and asking them anything seemed a huge task.

Great Hostel with a nice pool. The sandy bar on the 3rd floor is really a good place to stay.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »