The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Awesome hostel, with a lot of backpackers

We had so much fun at this hostel. The rooms were basic but clean and comfy. Bathrooms were a little run down but sill clean and usable. The roof top bar was so much fun and such a good atmosphere :) unfortunately you do need to take a tuk tuk if you want to carry on partying after midnight but it's so cheap that didn't bother us. Food in restaurant was really nice. Would definitely recommend :)

nice and famous hostel! Good vibe and environment to meet other backpackers. nice concept: mad monkey drinking passport! bunkbeds are nice but the top ones are high tough. service and location is good and a nice own bar + restaurant!

True party hostel in Phnom Penh, only a short tuktuk ride away from everything. Staff encourages heavy drinking, so if you're looking for a low-key bar you should probably go somewhere else.

If you want to have fun and party this is the place to be ..cause this is a party hostel with brilliant facilities like bar, great food and good atmosphere..

Great hostel with comfortable beds, and enjoyable atmosphere. Food and drinks are fairly priced and delicious. Lots of options for booking transport. The hostel's Tuk tuk driver also give decent prices for all day service. Highly recommend.

We stayed for two nights and had a solid stay. We went to the bar once and never ate at the restaurant, so can't vouch for that. The staff at the bar however were friendly and always chatty. Our room was clean with good a/c available. The lockers were falling apart so not everyone was able to keep their valuable safe. As for the location, we were near a street full of great food! And it will take around 30 minutes to arrive at the Killing Fields. Stayed at Kampot location too and we loved it!

The whole staff was so kind and happy! And the food at the hostel restaurant was super good.

I honestly wish that The Mad Monkey had hostels all around SEAsia and not just Cambodia, because I would just jump from one to another. Great atmosphere. Great people. Just, really amazing for the price you pay.

Great social areas, room very clean and tidy. Staff extremely helpful and friendly

• 4th Apr 2015

Good hostel. We stayed in a standard twin room which was modern and clean, the only issue was there was no window in the room so it was very dark in the mornings. I booked a taxi for my 5:30am airport journey at reception the day before and they didn't offer receipts or any proof of payment even though I asked for something to show the driver, even though the driver showed up it would have put me at ease having a receipt.

It was alright, not the party hostel we were expecting. Maybe came at the wrong time. Very clean, nice decor, no pool table. Probs wouldn't stay here again.

Nice place staff are nice but all prices in the hostel seem to be steep for buses ect.

There was no free beer on arrival as promised. Service of the staff was bad, as they were unfriendly and didnt want to help if i had a question. it looked like they see you more than a running wallet which the can take dollar out instead of a guest.

It's a perfect place to meet people, discover new places with the help of the staff, the location is also great.

Mad monkey was my first hostel experience and now being at a different hostel I can only think of how amazing it was and how much I miss it! The prices for food and some drinks were a little higher than I had expected but the jungle room was amazing, super spacious, the bar is a great way to meet new people and the games are the best!! FLIP CUP!!!!!

• 29th Mar 2015

Good place to start. Easy, safe bet, with all information and help laid out for you, mostly UK and US 18-30s. Would suit partying travellers more.

I really liked Mad Monkey hostel, the dorm was big and ours had 2 bathrooms which was great. It was clean and the staff were helpful. The location is slightly out of the main part, but this didn't matter too much. Would recommend.

Loved our stay at the Mad Monkey! Their restaurant is amazing, with a massive menu and delicious food. The roof bar is great fun too, with a great party atmosphere. They have tuktuks outside which will take you to all the tourist sites and a great reception area where the staff have info about everything you want. Just made the stay very chilled cos you have everything you need at your doorstep.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Stayed in a dorm, think it was two 10 bed dorms in the same room. The bathroom didnt have walls all the way up so from my top bunk just outside i could hear everything. Location was pretty good, easy to get around the city on foot.