The Mad Monkey Reviews

Building 26, Street 302, BKK1 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Best hostel i've ever stayed in. Had the time of my life here! Most i liked the atmosphere. It's SO easy to make friends here. I only walked to the bar and made directly 10 friends or something. They've got beerpong, tablesoccer and they organise pubcrawls. Staff was also nice and did all they could to to get me a busticket to Siem Reap. Thanks!

A really cool hostel chain. Very nice bar and nice staff. Good concept for the mad monkey passeport where you stamp all your beers/cocktail and you get a siglet after 20 beers. Close to the S-21prison

Great hostel for meeting fellow travellers...the washrooms were clean and the dorms were really comfortable. The staff at the restaurant downstairs were excellent however the bar staff on the rooftop could have been more attentive. Overall, I would recommend it.

Good facilities and good beds. You can book a lot from the hostel itself. Maybe a bit to big to quickly meet people.

Best place in Phnom Penh. A friend of mine told me to go there and I don't regret my decision. The minute I got there I felt welcomed and met new friends and with some we decided to travel together. The staff is awesome. They are very caring and really helpful. My second time there was as perfect as the first one.

Party, party, party, party! Just go and enjoy it, amazing!

This hostel is really awesome. A little pricey, but I think that comes with staying in the capital city. Only $20/night for the two of us in a really nice private room. Good happy hour specials and a lively bar. The bar does however close down at 11:30, which was nice for me because while I like to drink, I also like a good nights sleep. The food at the restaurant is excellent. Super friendly and helpful staff. They have tuk tuk drivers on hand so you don't have to bother haggling. They offer tu

All good but noicy

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile

This was a very nice hostel. Very western and definitely designed as a party hostel so sometimes you are stuck in dorms with less than considerate roomates (like I was). But the hostel itself was lovely. Very comfortable and roomy beds and rooms. Great staff and great food (although it was mostly a western menu and it was a bit pricy but that is to be expected at such a nice place)

Alright so Mad Monkey is one of those places that just makes you right at home! Lovely staff! Especially Vandy at the bar..such a happy dude! delicious food at the restaurant down below. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Highly recommend! Mad Monkey is the real deal!

Directions to this location were of no value.....

Nice atmosphere in the hostel, especially the bar was crowded. They organise an event every night: we had a awesome barbecue on the rooftop bar! The restaurant was fantastic!

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the Mad Monkey. Was a little worried it might be too noisy, but the bar is closed by 12.30am so it never became an issue. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, and the food was pretty good. The wifi was good and the reception had all the information we needed for tours and all that. Overall, it was a fun experience and met a lot of great people

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Really enjoy staying here. It's far from the main backpacker quarter but the hostel itself provide absolutely no reason to leave it. The restaurant is great, the bar is great, the guests are great! At the rooftop bar in the evening, it's one of the most socially healthy hotels I've stayed in. They also have a chess set.

Only had a short one night stay here but it was pretty good. Nice friendly vibe, good places to chill out, free beer on arrival. Rooms were so so and bathroom was a bit old, but other than that no complaints. Great place if you want to party and meet cool people.

A/c in the rooms and dorms, friendly staff, great vibes! The 10 bed dorms are huge and well split in two parts! Perfect place to meet other travellers but still not too noisy!

We enjoyed the stay.

Awesome hostel, a little pricier than other choices but the money goes to giving back to the community. Staff is friendly and helpful and Jeff was always sure you had the opportunity to have a good time. Very social.

Great stay, only problem was the noise which prevented me from getting on decent nights sleep. If u are in the block where the rooftop bag is it is very noisy, and there was also really Loud banging and scraping on the ceiling. Apart from that, it was a brilliant place to stay, the staff are wicked!

As everyone posts, the check in staff and travel staff are awful. They don't seem to care and it takes effort to get them to look at you and help even without any line. The bar staff is great. Beds were OK, the social spaces were fun. We had a private room but the door was easy to force open and housekeeping had a key. There was no where to lock anything. Despite Mad Monkey being only OK, I'd recommend it. It was definitely fine and there's no reason to avoid it. Maybe there are better places.