The MadHouse Prague Reviews

Spalena 39, Prague, Czech Republic

Best hostel ever! I regret highly rating staff of other hostels compared to these guys! Staff were all super friendly and lots of fun (except one chick who just wanted to be me ;) ) Day and night activities! Family dinner (e.g. best food ever! ) Best parties ever at authentic prague bars/clubs.

I enjoyed my time at the MadHouse. The hosts are really nice and energetic and willing to help. The facilities are nice enough (even without air conditioning). The location is good as well. My only concern is that it seemed as though we were being directed to less-than-ideal parties where the hosts were treated very, very well. Made me wonder if there was a deal.

This place is amazing, best stay in Europe. So much fun, great vibes, great staff and all in an incredible city. If you're going to Prague Madhouse is the place to stay.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

This is the absolute best hostel ever! Every member of the staff are beyond awesome and make you feel right at home right away and before you know it you are making friends with everyone in the hostel. The group activities are well planned and highly recommended. Literally every night there are fun things to do and great people to meet. You will not find a better place to stay in Prague!

10/10 would recommend. The staff and people make this hostel what it is

• 9th Jul 2015

Our first stop on our tour of Europe and MadHouse set the bar high....the rooms were clean and great, location fantastic, and the staff were hands down the best. I loved how helpful the staff was everything from tours, site visits, restaurants and bars. The hostel always had daily activities and evening's planned which were always a good time. Great memories with other guests and staff alike...chilling in a thunderstorm anyone??? hahaha. Thank you: Seana, Andy, Noah and Hector!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5th Jul 2015

the first thing I noticed was the staff - they are super helpful/friendly/funny, but there are also SO many of them. it feels like there are almost as many staff as visitors in this place - there is always someone around to have a chat or help you out. there are activities every day & night which is nice, especially for those travelling alone. The rooms also felt really homey - less of a sterile hotel vibe and more like an aunt's country house, if your aunt was rich and had twelve kids per room.

The staff was so friendly, everyone made an effort to know my name, which took me by surprise. MadHouse is a fun place: playing beer pong, going out to a bar and club, even going bobsleighing. This was a great way to get to know the other people in the hostel. Made so many great friends!! I had a great time at MadHouse and already want to go back. I want to keep this gem a secret, but I had an amazing experience and want other people to too. Book in advanced because you don't want to miss out.

• 3rd Jul 2015

My stay was amazing! I felt very safe, the staff were incredibly fun and helpful, and I made so many new friends. I am sad I couldn't stay longer!!

I've been all over the world and this is the best hostel I've ever been to. Hands down. Excellent for solo travelers looking to meet others and party. Staff is amazing.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Me and my boys really enjoyed our stay at the madhouse ! Got very loose and had a good time with most of the staff, there were a few av ones, but one guy in particular made our time a blast. So a big shout out to our boy ANDY C #kingofdrinking #straya #hectorholmes

• 29th Jun 2015

Great time there, unreal canada day. Andy was a beauty and the rest of the staff as well

The MadHouse is more than a hostel... it's a family. As a solo traveller I've never felt so welcome. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful; not only will they give you recommendations for things to do, but they're generally hanging out with the guests and organizing activities like boat parties, drunk laser tag and home-cooked family dinners. I loved this place so much that I had to extend my stay and I'll definitely be coming back.

Great hostel... Awesome evening beer pong sessions, extremely helpful and fantastic staff (especially Andy who was also our room mate in Psychedelics room), great parties at night, a relaxing TV lounge and a homely feel at the same time! Thanks for a wonderful time in Prague!!!

A great fun place to stay for those who want a home away from home with some great people to party with! Awesome activities planned nightly for the traveller! Would just point out maybe some extra attention to cleaning and organization is needed. There was a bit of dried blood on the bunk bed sides which was fairly obvious so i wasn't sure if they were just too lazy to clean it off or didn't care. Also came travelling with my sister and they didn't put us on bunks together which confused us.

Had a great time during my stay at MadHouse. Ths staff has created a very friendly atmosphere at the hostel. Location is ideal. Rooms are clean. They have fun activities lined up every day such as bar crawls, drunk bowling, dinners, beer garden visits etc. Great value for money. If ever I'm in Prague next, I'll prefer to stay at The MadHouse.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • India

Awesome hostel with a really friendly vibe. Great way to meet some great people and the hostel always organises awesome events. Will stay again.

Awesome Hostel - maybe the best I've stayed so far! It has perfect size to get to know people, what is very nice if you are a solo traveler! The staff is just awesome - they are super friendly and also like to party :D

This is the best hostel ever! Such lovely and friendly staff who make you feel at home, nice common area to meet everyone else. All the rooms are decorated so nicely too it is honestly amazing - thanks everyone!

Fantastic place to stay for both single travelers and those in small groups. I stayed with my boyfriend and we were both made to feel very welcome and included from day one. Extremely sociable and easy to meet new people/make friends thanks to organised nights outs, dinners etc. Staff were very helpful and willing to answer any questions in depth

• 19th Jun 2015