The MadHouse Prague Reviews

Spalena 39, Prague, Czech Republic

Best hostel for solo travellers. They plan several activities every day which is great for meeting people.

Had an amazing stay at madhouse with 3 of my friends. One the first night, our room was a little loud while we were trying to sleep but we were well informed. Almost everyone in the hostel seems to be on the same page and you quickly become friends with everyone within the first few hours. I would definitely recommend Madhouse to everyone, especially solo travelers, who are looking to have the most amount of fun in Prague possible

Great location across the street from the metro line, very central to most attractions or night spots in the town, helpful and friendly staff. Beer Pong isn't my thing, but if you like it, this is your place! Overall, a positive experience and I would stay again.

• 13th Apr 2015

First off, this is a party hostel. Prepare to party your ass off. A big shout out to Rod, Kraig, Jenny, Hector, Sam, Seba and Lucy. You guys are amazing. The hostel is for solo travellers and small groups, and it makes sure you guys party together like family. The facilities are top notch. Kitchen, computers, cards, TV room, good cozy rooms. Everything. I came to Prague to celebrate my birthday, and they celebrated it with me three days in a row. Also, Jenny is the best! Hector a close 2nd!

Lucy makes an awesome goulash! The staff here are all amazing! Great hostel if you're travelling alone or with a small group. Been backpacking for over 2 months and The Madhouse is without a doubt the best hostel I have stayed in.

Awesome hostel in every category! I will stress this though before you book, it is a PARTY hostel. It can get loud, but always a good time! Thank you to the staff for making it so great!

Great hostel! Instantly feel at home and welcomed with a beer, what more would you want. All the members of staff are extremely helpful and make you feel very welcome. If you're staying in Prague don't look anywhere else!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

This is a party hostel :) They know how to have fun and party every night (and day). So if you want to complain about it, do not stay here, but if you want to have fun and enjoy Prague, this is the place to be!!! Great staff who love to show you around at night at various bars, clubs and tons of activities. Family dinners are great!!! Shout out to Noah, Hector and Rod for a great time. After all that partying, you need to get a Burrito from downstairs :)

Simply the best place I have ever stayed in years of traveling. Originally I booked for two nights, by the end of my 8 days there I felt like I had a new family in Prague. The staff are simply amazing - thank you Kraig and Rod for such a great place. Lucy, Sam, Noah, Cam, Sally, Jenny, Seba, and the evil dictator Hector made my time in Prague unforgettable. They will take you out for a good time everynight. Great family dinner 5 times a week. Beds are comfortable, clean. Everything is perfect

Stayed an extra night because of the fun and friendly atmosphere

An amazing social hostel- deffinitely will be back

Looks clean but then you see how the cleaners 'clean' the floor. Wet towel over a brush - that's not cleaning that's pretending! There are issues with getting to use a toilet/shower in the morning as the hostel hasn't been well laid out. There is an ensuite in each 8/12 bed dorm. Two sets of ensuites are cleaned at once so there are long queues downstairs at the two ensuites there. Staff were OK but I was sometimes made to feel like an unwelcome guest at a Canadian frat house.

First off, there’s no pretending of any sort at The MadHouse – we like to have a good time and organize activities both day and night for our guests. We find that the guests that have the best experience are the ones that get involved in hostel activities with other guests and staff alike. Throughout the day we keep the place as clean as possible including using soap and water on the floor (wet towel or mop – what’s the difference?) as well as cleaning our bathrooms multiple times a day.

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are amazing and the atmosphere was the best.

• 1st Apr 2015

The madhouse is an absolutely legendary experience. I only spent two nights there and only wish it could have been two weeks. Good people and vibes overall from the staff to my fellow backpacking guests. Can't recommend this spot enough.

Too many positive things to say about this hostel that I don't think the comment section is big enough for how much I want to compliment each and every single staff member who have made my time here in Prague the best it possibly could of been. The hostel organises amazing events for both day and night. It's impossible to have a bad night out with this crew! Madhouse is my new home away from home and this will certainly not be my last stay! Everyone needs to check Madhouse out!!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • amyeliz

Had a wicked time staying here in a 12 bed dorm, which doesn't feel like it at lol because of the y they split them up, there were only 3 beds in out section so not too noisy at night! Great atmosphere, friendly staff with activities every night including family dinners and all kinds of awesome drunken activities! Located right next to a train station and 5/10 minutes walk from the old town. Would stay again for sure!

Best hostel ever. If you are thinking in visiting Prague think no more! Madhouse is your home, you will never regret it and you will never want to leave. Clean, good location, activities everyday, family dinners, nights out, great atmosphere what else do you need?. It's really important to highlight that the staff is AMAZING, every one of them are the coolest people you will see in a hostel. They will make sure you have the best time of your life and will help you with everything that you need.

I have been traveling around Europe for the past 3 months, and I would have to say staying at the MadHouse has made my Prague trip the top on my list. The staff was so cool and friendly. All the kids in the hostel became friends. We would pregame together, go out together, and hang out once we got back at night. It was a very fun experience. Highly recommended if you're looking to have a good time in one of the best places in Europe. The amazing people here will show you an amazing time.

• 27th Mar 2015

This was the best hostel experience!! 100% recommend staying here. Super friendly staff, fun events, and a real community feel.

Best hostel ever - for a party hostel, I was so surprise how seriously they are about the cleanliness and security. Probably the cleanest and most secure I've been to. The staff is just great... so sad to say bye as you feel you found a family in your travels. Activities all night, day time stuff planned, I didn't had to worry about missing out on simething coz the Madhouse made sure we had a great experience. Don't miss out on beer pong tournament, the staff are killers!

• 25th Mar 2015