The Magic House Hostel Reviews

Juan Crisostomo Jaques 2280, Santiago, Chile

We had a nice stay at the hostel. We came into town for a night to go to a concert, and found the hostel as well as its employees to be highly accommodating.

We cannot evaluate this hostel because the hostel didn't took care of our reservation, and we couldn't sleep in this hostel. The personnel told us that they knew nothing about our reservation, and told us to go away in spite of the fact that our reservation from Hostelworld was confirmed!

Best hostel in santiago by far. Owners are fantastic people, willing to help with anything.

I felt like i was at home! Wonderful hostel. not a single complaint! My home in Santiago.

Stayed in a six person dorm that was too small to fit us and our bags. breakfast was poor. consisted off warm milk and stale bread and cereal the next morning we were waiting in the empty common area for our bus after checking out of our rooms on time and they tried to charge us 4000 pesos to be there. All of this after they tried to over charge us by not deducting our deposit from what we owed on arrival. Cannot understand the other reviews. Worst experience I have had in a hostel.

awesome hostel, great place to ease into the start of your trip

Just great place!

Its like going home to mums. The most amazing hosts I've ever seen. (slight OCD but that perfect in a hostel owner if you ask me).  Breakfast, swimming pool, beautiful Neighbourhood, brand new mattress and duvets, music/movie room, supermarket near by, simply the best place to lay your head and get your mind back after gruelling travels and dirty hostels. This place will be very hard to beat and will be spoken of every time some just says Santiago. Just perfect in our eyes.

I was unfairly and rudely turned away despite having a reservation. Upon arriving at the hostel, I was informed that I could not stay there as I did not bring luggage with me aside from a backpack. When I asked why they didn't advertise this policy on their hostelworld profile (as this would have saved me much worry and aggravation), I was informed that it was an internal policy. I really feel that I was discriminated against. I am still waiting on the refund for my reservation.

• 13th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel!! One of my favourite places to stay! Tania and Victor are lovely, you can really feel at home here!

• 12th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel, close to the Metro & major supermarket, great kitchen to use, clean rooms and bathrooms, Victor and Tania are truly incredible people who welcome you with open arms. If you want a home away from home this is the place! We ended up booking 2 extra nights because we loved the vibe so much. Really cosy, not loud, not a party hostel, perfect for busy Santiago!

The Magic House Hostel is like no other hostel, owners Tanya and Victor are like and older sister and brother, they are genuinely warm and receive all their guests as such, The 6 bedroom dorms can get crowded with space, however, the atmosphere is tranquil. The facilities are good, if you want to be away from the business of Bella vista this hostel is the place to be, a walking distance from the metro and nueva providencia. The area is safe and well kept. I recommend this hostel to backpackers.

• 29th Jul 2014

Best hostel on our trip. Very nice Hosts (Tania and Victor).

Victor and tanya were incredible hosts. Teuly some of the best people this world can offer and if u want a good place to stay in santiago there is no better! Will visit them anytime im back.

• 19th Jul 2014

My favourite time in all of South America was at the magic house.

The absolute best hostel I've stayed in! Nothing bad!

The hosts were so friendly and welcoming! Our bus wasn't able to cross the boarder to Mendoza so we booked last minute, when we arrived tired and foot sore everything was ready and we were able to have a very relaxing night in a comfortable VERY clean room with an en suit with instant HOT WATER!!! The kitchen was clean and well equipped. We didn't get to explore much as we were off the next day but the location was safe but our Taxi driver couldn't find it! Thanks again, it was a great hostel!!!

Great small hostel, operated by a very warm and welcoming couple. Feels more like an AirBnB establishment, than a hostel!