Fabulous 105 Total Reviews
Fabulous 105 Total Reviews
The Magic Wave Located at 111 Moo 1, Bantai koh phangan, Koh Phangan.
Thailand
Koh Phangan 111 Moo 1, Bantai koh phangan
83% 105
9.7046577 100.0092744
    Rooms available

• serynka
  • Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2016

Really like the place. I spend some days before full moon party and it was really calm and nice place.

20th Mar 2016
7.7

The staff was friendly. Location was pretty central and easy to maneuver the island via motorbike. However, I highly recommend not to rent a bike through their partnered motorbike service. I'm not sure if the hostel makes any commission by linking their guests with the motorbike service, but I advise you to choose an independent motorbike rental stop. The one they link you with will charge you out the a** for any scratch or dent caused to the bike. I got charged 9,000 thb for a minor scratches

Hello N.S., i'am sorry i was not there for your check out motorbike… Anyway, let me explain some details… Indeed we work with a local guy for the motorbike rental, it's better because he only do that so we are sure to get clean and perfect secured motorbikes. They replace broken parts and make the check of the safety points every time they rent a bike. I work with them now more than one year and half and i can say 100% he is one of the most honest of the island. My staff told me that you scratched your motorbike on one side… and i know it can count fast, one side is 5 or 6 pieces to replace… It is never nice to have to give money for an accident but they must replace the pieces and work on it…and that is a work. If i was there maybe he made you pay 8000 instead of 9000 thb… Anyway, it was very nice to get you here and listening you singing opera in the swimming pool ;), thank you for your smile !!!

• France, Male, 18-24
3rd Mar 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at The Magic Wave, everything was perfect. The location's good & the staff is awesome, Flo & Alice are really nice people. The room was clean, the pool's perfect to chill and the new bar is perfect to party! I definitely recommend this place!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2016
4.9

Not clean is an understatement, at halfmoon time it was empty and under construction, location ok, staff is friendly.

Hello, Not clean? What do you mean? My staff is coming 3 times a day to clean the dorms…if you saw something wrong i am sorry about that and maybe it was good to come to us to tell us, we try always to improve the place and try our best to make you feel at home, so the constructives remarks are always welcome. When you say "under construction" i would like to rectify, the place is not under construction… only the bar was to finish completely ( but always open…), thank you for the staff ;) Next time you come we give you a free night.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2016
4.9

Worst hostel experience yet. Nothing like the pictures. There was construction going on and it was empty. Eventually got checked in and there was only one other guy in our room. Considering it was half moon period, this was bad. The pool was dirty, barely useable to dip your feet in let alone swim. For 14 people there was just one shower/toilet - we were probably lucky there were so few of us for that reason. We left a night early and wouldn't recommend unless you like seriously empty hostels.

Not honnest, You was not even to be able to say hello or goodbye to the staff or other guests, youwas out of the group and the philosophy of the place…and you showed lack of respect to my staff more than once. The days you was here the Hostel was half full ( 22 guests ) and 6 people in your room…which is a normal average on half-moon in phangan. If you got constructive ideas to make it better, let us know ! The pool was perfect, you are lying nothing else to say about that. You booked a 14 beds dorm and all the infos are on Hostelworld ( 1 bath/shower and one toilet ), you knew it and you paid the cheapest room we got (190 but per night), that is your choice! So why complain after? Make better choices in your life... If you want we got dorm with 10 or 6 beds, or even private room… but this was maybe to expensive for you… To correct your fake comment completely, the pictures are exactly what we offer…it is even better in real with the new bar, and last thing, we are always full 10 days a month during full moon period and half full 2 times a month during the halmoon and jungle experience. Try to look at yourself before lying behind your screen.

12th Feb 2016
7.7

Good but quiet when I stayed

• alyssacortez3960
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
6th Feb 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights as part of our Bangkok/Samui/Phangan holiday. When I arrived I was so happy with the location and setting of the hostel. I stayed in a very spacious 6 beds dorms overlooking the gardens and the nice swimming pool, clean, comfortable and powerful aircon. You can find also all facilities and services there ! The location is perfect for shopping for gifts and basically avoiding the main parties, very close from the beach and having a relaxing and unforgettable holiday!

• p-saux
  • France, Male, 18-24
6th Feb 2016

I went to The magic Wave for the full moon, I really had a great time. The ambiance was really nice. The hostel is clean, the staff is awesome. Flo & Alice gave me lot of advice about the island, what I had to see & do. I really recommend this hostel ! If i go back to Phangan, I know exactly where I will stay !

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
1st Dec 2015

WONDERFUL & A KIND OF MAGIC

• SabinePilou
  • Belgium, Female, 25-30
26th Nov 2015

Everything was excellent in this hostel, pictures online are not update the owners are busy to build a new bar and new swimming pool area for the moment. They are very helpful ( and Marlène one of the 3 Magic Dogs is so cute ans funny :-)very close to all parties - beach and facilities , I will come back in July to enjoy the new installations there