The Mahjong

Fabulous 184 Total Reviews
Fabulous 184 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

Very close to bus stops for wherever you want to go. Not really close to a metro station but that didn't bother me much. Staff were friendly and helpful- very knowledgeable about sites, directions, and costs. Was very clean and bathrooms were great- free (good quality) shampoo, conditioner, and gel bottles in each shower. Atmosphere wasn't great for me as a college trip of about 30+ guys and their teachers were staying in the hostel and took up the lounge every evening with trip activities.

29th Jun 2017

Super nice staff. They waited up for me after my flight was delayed by two hours causing me to get in at 1am. Very clean too and nice, chill vibe. A little far from MTR so that if you need to get somewhere in the evenings you sometimes get stuck in traffic with the buses. Overall one my favorite hostels in HK

26th Jun 2017

Definitely worth the higher price compared to the average HK hostel. Super-clean, big personal space, a lot of amenities (personal safe box and -awesome- waterproof drawer to store stuff while showering!). Friendly multilingual staff. Only two marks down: no real privacy with the net curtains and the location is quite inconvenient (To Kwa Wan, no MTR for now). Big kudos for actually replying to my e-mails about the arrival time (never happened with other hostels before).

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Apr 2017
8.0

Great Place to stay in Hong Kong, could not find a better plave for the same price. Beds are very comfy and offers good privacy, aircon in the room was super as well. Security locker above bed very convinient fits everything you need in there + need the code to get into the hostel so no one can just walk in. Showers were great as well. Only negative things I can say is location and atmosphere a bit far from MTR station which is the best way to get around + not a lively atmosphere.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2017

Very lovely and helpful staff, comfy bed. Location was a little far away but was very easy to get around using the buses.

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Mar 2017

Great hostel. Clean, helpful and Friendly. Slightly out of town but buses right outside that take you where ever you need to go. Overall great value for money.

12th Mar 2017
5.1

I hate to leave a low review here, because the staff is so incredibly nice and helpful, but I have to be honest. This is a terrible location if you are visiting HK. Access to public transportation is a nightmare in this area. The hostel is also grossly misrepresented from the pictures. The place is absolutely flithly and unsanitary. It is also far more cramped than the pictures depict. Do yourself a favor, and stay somewhere on the island. It's just not worth it at the Mahjong.

Thank you for your valuable comment after spending a night in our hostel. We are strategic located a bit away from the city centre, but in a very local neighbourhood with easy and convenient bus connection. We want to show the authentic HK to our travellers and let them to experience real local life. Taking buses is pretty simply, one bus directly from the Airport in 45mins and 20mins to Victoria Harbour. I admit that our 10-bed mixed dorm is not spacious enough in US standard, but we have a very comfy and large common lounge for our guests to hang out and meet other travellers. All our staff are very conscious about the cleanliness. We change linen and clean the bed after every check-out, vacuum and mop everyday, clean the bathroom 2 times a day. I feel really upset to hear that we are not clean. We will definitely improve and I agree cleanliness is very very important to the hostel.