The Mango Tree Reviews

Prudente de Moraes, 594, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Leuk hostel, super goed gelegen strand, restaurant en bars =3min wandelen . Ruime badkamers, grote locker schuiven op de kamer er is ook voldoende ruimte in het hostel om te relaxen op het terras.

The Mango Tree is one of the nicest places I have stayed in South America. It really feels more like a home. I made friends with a lot of the staff and met some great people here. The location is amazing. 1 block from Ipanema beach and close to the supermarket and plenty of bars and restaurants. Ipanema also felt like a really safe area compared to other parts of Rio I visited. Breakfast is also great. My only fault would be the three tier dorm beds. Not fun if you are at the top!

Stayed here my first night in Rio, when I arrived the British receptionist asked me 3 times to make sure I payed him before his shift finished. I hadn't even put my bag down in my room yet. I think it was a bit pushy. Also it was very hot that day and although the rooms at night are air-conditioned and fine, there is no cool place to relax and stay cool during the day and evening. Okay for one night but I was glad to change hostel the next day.

1 2 Next » last »