The Mango Tree Reviews

Prudente de Moraes, 594, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Okay hostel. However the toilets and baths appered to be not so clean. Small rooms, a bit crowded. Lovly breakfast and freindly staff.

The young girl on reception was lovely and very helpful. location was excellent but could do with bringing the weekend atmosphere to the whole week.

The hostel is in a great location. Just one block back from Ipanema beach. Very clean with a good kitchen. The only negative comment I have to make relate to the reception staff. Firstly the reception staff are the worst I've ever come across travelling. They are not helpful nor friendly. Expect to be given no information or the wrong information. Luckily the manager at the hostel is lovely, so she made our stay a good one. If the rest of the staff were better this would be a 10/10 hostel.

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff weren't very attentive and helpful, twice cabs were called for me that delivered me to areas I didn't specify. They just didn't seem to care and weren't overly approachable.

The hostel is located one block from the beach. Excellent location. The staff are not very helpful and not very friendly either. The private rooms are very nice. I stayed one night at the 8 bed dorm. The dorm is nice and has plugs and night lights for each bed however there is not much space.

The place definately benefits from its ideal location in Ipanema, which makes it a very safe place and only a stones throw away from the beach and that's what you pay for. Besides this it is an average hostel. Service is even poor. Noone seems to know anything about the surrounding. They even don't know how to get to the main attractions like the sugar loaf and the Christ statue but give you wrong indications and wrong bus numbers. In general there's a lack of communication with the hostel staff

Fantastic. We're a couple in our late 20's & we stayed for 8 nights in a private double ensuite. The room was spacious and clean. The shower was hot and powerful. All staff were really friendly and helpful which hugely contributed to our fantastic stay in Rio. Not much of a party hostel but we weren't really looking for that and once we met more guests we got together for a night out and staff have flyers for all nights out. Breakfast great, maybe get another power socket so both appliances work

• 9th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay- would highly recommend it. Beautiful place.

• 9th Sep 2014

Close to metro station, staff were friendly, helpful and informed, breakfast was more than adequate, all in all 'The Mango Tree' was more than I hoped for. I will be staying there again next year.

Everything was great but I have two important suggestions: one is to offer free coffee during the day. And I had 2 issues, 1, the TV had no signal. I called the responsible, she said she will fix it and she never did, It is true that we didn´t go to Rio to watch TV, but I was nice if I could relax on my bed with some local television, that´s why I paid the deluxe room.

Open space with green wooded area provide pleasant enviromnment while having breakfast that is included in price. Staff is friemdl and cooperative and location is excellent, very close to IPANEMA Beach and good access to public buses.

Amazing Stay in the heart of Ipanema; the hostel is nice and cosy, very well located and the staff is friendly and super helpful. On top of this the common areas are vast and comfortable and perfect to meet other travellers. Highly recommend!

• 15th Aug 2014

Wonderful location and friendly staff.

My second time staying in this hostel on the same trip. Great location one block from ipanema beach posto 9. Nice buffet breakfast. Beds are comfortable and rooms cleans. Would recommend.

Very nice hostel, excellent location: close to the beach and to restaurants and bars, very good value for money, nice breakfast. Safes are provided. Staff is friendly, but could give a little more information.

Really Nice Stay.! great location, relaxing atmosphere, very clean and comfortable. Really helpful and lovely staff.!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great hostel!

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful about recommendations. I only wish I could have stayed more time.

Location is good. Staff are awesome, owners/managers are not. Unprofessional - scolding young child infront of guests for something small. Hesitant to provide a refund for the difference in a price drop, make excuses. The internet was horrible, not dependable, if you have to work, send emails, communicate, book flights/ buses, transfer cash/ receive online money transfer you cannot depend on the connection here. Bar is amateur, bad drinks, expensive prices. Used tissues in bed upon arrival

• 11th Jul 2014

Sorry you didn’t enjoy our hostel but thanks for commenting. Thanks for praising our staff, they do a great job; sorry about the tissues had we known we would’ve changed the sheets; the poor internet was due to a dodgy router now replaced; you were upgraded from a dorm to a luxury double ensuite as requested but only the next day as we were full. Our bar is simple and cheap, beers cost R$4, caips cost R$8. Parenting style rated in a hostel review? We´re frankly too gobsmacked to respond.

Loved our stay here. Couple in private room shared bathroom. Great location stones throw from beach, bank, restaurants, and shops. Great breaky and fully equipped kitchen. Great staff who were really helpful and great guys, booked tours for us no dramas and even joined us in there own time. Really social hostel but not a party hostel by any means, just perfectly chilled and nice open bar area/courtyard. Our dbl private was adequate and well kept. No complaints only recommendations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7