The Mango Tree Reviews

Prudente de Moraes, 594, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good place to stay in Rio. Great location. Wifi doesn't work.

I loved staying a the mango tree hostel! Location is perfect, the rooms are spacious and clean, and there is a nice patio in the back. I would definitely go back!

I loved staying at mango tree hostel! The atmosphere is great and the location is amazing.

El hostel es muy lindo. La habitación que ocupamos era cómoda. La ubicación del lugar es realmente muy buena. Lo recomiendo sin dudas.

Muy buen hostel, super recomendable!!!

I had the best time when I stayed in Mango Tree! The staff was very friendly and welcoming when I arrived and the location to Ipanema Beach is super! The breakfast was just what I wanted and during the weekend the Mango Tree bar was perfect place to start your night out. I've med alot of new friends during my stay at Mango Tree and the people at the hostel did alot of tours and activities together which was a good way to meet the others. Thank you Mango Tree, my next trip to rio I'm coming back!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

No wifi available in the private rooms. The wifi only works in the bar area and when no one was there. If there was more than 3 people it would be slow. I paid NYE rates, so for triple the amount of money I would at least expect decent wifi. It really hindered my research during this time.

Excellent location - so close to Ipanema beach and the metro station. Really helpful staff. Had a great time here for New Years 2014/2015. Would recommend.

Muy buena antencion por parte del personal.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Excelente hostel! Los chicos del staff muy buena onda. Me encanto la estadía allí, Muy bien ubicado, cerca de la playa y en tiene en los alrededores muy buenos bares. Sin duda volvería a hospedarme!

Leuk hostel, super goed gelegen strand, restaurant en bars =3min wandelen . Ruime badkamers, grote locker schuiven op de kamer er is ook voldoende ruimte in het hostel om te relaxen op het terras.

The Mango Tree is one of the nicest places I have stayed in South America. It really feels more like a home. I made friends with a lot of the staff and met some great people here. The location is amazing. 1 block from Ipanema beach and close to the supermarket and plenty of bars and restaurants. Ipanema also felt like a really safe area compared to other parts of Rio I visited. Breakfast is also great. My only fault would be the three tier dorm beds. Not fun if you are at the top!

Stayed here my first night in Rio, when I arrived the British receptionist asked me 3 times to make sure I payed him before his shift finished. I hadn't even put my bag down in my room yet. I think it was a bit pushy. Also it was very hot that day and although the rooms at night are air-conditioned and fine, there is no cool place to relax and stay cool during the day and evening. Okay for one night but I was glad to change hostel the next day.

The hostel is just across from the beach and there are nice bars/restaurants nearby and being a couple of minutes from the metro and a bus stop outside makes it easy to get around. The biggest downside of this hostel is that you have to leave the common area at 10pm, you can sit at the front of the hostel but it's not as good

Mango Tree is a chilled out hostel with limited atmosphere and a lot of people keeping themselves to themselves. The wifi went down for a day when I was there and is not great at the best of times. It could really benefit from more enthusiastic staff as they couldn't really care less while I was there. The "Bar" closes early and doesn't really have the punters to make it a fun place to be.

gutes hosteel, super lage, nette mitarbeiter

The location is amazing! The only problem was the mosquitos...

muito bom, a um quarteirão da praia, muito bem localizado, perto de varios restaurantes e do lado do posto nove de ipanema.

• 24th Oct 2014

O preço se comparado aos demais hosteis da cidade esta numa faixa razoável, o que mais te pega de surpresa são os mosquitos, pernilongos mais especificamente, então leve repelente. Outra coisa é a limpeza dos lençóis e toalhas, o lençol de cama apesar de parecer ter sido limpo tinha umas manchas de sangue, pequenas porém estavam la, e o lençol parecia sujo de ferrugem ou sei lá o que era, mas era o tipo da sujeira que impreguina e mesmo lavando continua. Tirando isso o hostel é bom sim!

Extremely noisy, far too expensive for what you are paying, poor security and DIRTY. The only good thing about this hostel is the location. See my longer review on tripadvisor (lauraleeds666)

« first « Prev 1 2 3