The Mango Tree Reviews

Prudente de Moraes, 594, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

O preço se comparado aos demais hosteis da cidade esta numa faixa razoável, o que mais te pega de surpresa são os mosquitos, pernilongos mais especificamente, então leve repelente. Outra coisa é a limpeza dos lençóis e toalhas, o lençol de cama apesar de parecer ter sido limpo tinha umas manchas de sangue, pequenas porém estavam la, e o lençol parecia sujo de ferrugem ou sei lá o que era, mas era o tipo da sujeira que impreguina e mesmo lavando continua. Tirando isso o hostel é bom sim!

Gostei muito da organização, limpeza e cordialidade dos funcionários parabens a.toda equipe do Mango Tree.

Okay hostel. However the toilets and baths appered to be not so clean. Small rooms, a bit crowded. Lovly breakfast and freindly staff.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

The young girl on reception was lovely and very helpful. location was excellent but could do with bringing the weekend atmosphere to the whole week.

The hostel is in a great location. Just one block back from Ipanema beach. Very clean with a good kitchen. The only negative comment I have to make relate to the reception staff. Firstly the reception staff are the worst I've ever come across travelling. They are not helpful nor friendly. Expect to be given no information or the wrong information. Luckily the manager at the hostel is lovely, so she made our stay a good one. If the rest of the staff were better this would be a 10/10 hostel.

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff weren't very attentive and helpful, twice cabs were called for me that delivered me to areas I didn't specify. They just didn't seem to care and weren't overly approachable.

The hostel is located one block from the beach. Excellent location. The staff are not very helpful and not very friendly either. The private rooms are very nice. I stayed one night at the 8 bed dorm. The dorm is nice and has plugs and night lights for each bed however there is not much space.

The place definately benefits from its ideal location in Ipanema, which makes it a very safe place and only a stones throw away from the beach and that's what you pay for. Besides this it is an average hostel. Service is even poor. Noone seems to know anything about the surrounding. They even don't know how to get to the main attractions like the sugar loaf and the Christ statue but give you wrong indications and wrong bus numbers. In general there's a lack of communication with the hostel staff

Buena experiencia, muy agradable el ambiente. El precio es justo y ofrecen buenos Tours.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Nao apreciei o atendimento da Gabriela, acho que poderia ter sido mais simpática e colaborativa. No geral, gostei da estadia por lá.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great located in Ipanema We always felt safe Nice atmosphere and good breakfast The tour to maracana Stadium is quite expensive, do it better by your own

• 12th Sep 2014

Gostei muito. Recomendo.

• 11th Sep 2014

Fantastic. We're a couple in our late 20's & we stayed for 8 nights in a private double ensuite. The room was spacious and clean. The shower was hot and powerful. All staff were really friendly and helpful which hugely contributed to our fantastic stay in Rio. Not much of a party hostel but we weren't really looking for that and once we met more guests we got together for a night out and staff have flyers for all nights out. Breakfast great, maybe get another power socket so both appliances work

• 9th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay- would highly recommend it. Beautiful place.

• 9th Sep 2014

Close to metro station, staff were friendly, helpful and informed, breakfast was more than adequate, all in all 'The Mango Tree' was more than I hoped for. I will be staying there again next year.

Everything was great but I have two important suggestions: one is to offer free coffee during the day. And I had 2 issues, 1, the TV had no signal. I called the responsible, she said she will fix it and she never did, It is true that we didn´t go to Rio to watch TV, but I was nice if I could relax on my bed with some local television, that´s why I paid the deluxe room.

Open space with green wooded area provide pleasant enviromnment while having breakfast that is included in price. Staff is friemdl and cooperative and location is excellent, very close to IPANEMA Beach and good access to public buses.

El personal muy atento y servicial en especial la chica española Paula excelente actitud de servicio.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Amazing Stay in the heart of Ipanema; the hostel is nice and cosy, very well located and the staff is friendly and super helpful. On top of this the common areas are vast and comfortable and perfect to meet other travellers. Highly recommend!

• 15th Aug 2014

Ambiente aconchegante, funcionários agradáveis, quartos limpos e modernos. A localização é excelente!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3