7.1
Very Good 699 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 699 Total Reviews
The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt Located at Schluhmattstrasse 32, , Zermatt.
Switzerland
Zermatt Wallis 3920 Schluhmattstrasse 32
71% 699
46.0169626 7.7449750
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 25-30
4th Aug 2016

The place is a bit cramped but this means everyone makes more of an effort to chat to each other. Convenient location close to all manner of walks near the Matterhorn but in a quieter part of town. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Lockers are available.

2nd Aug 2016
7.4

facilities are limited and no real place to chill out. The receptionist girl was nice to me but the Guy was a douche, kinda rude too. Nice area shortish walk to central station, good place too just dump your bag, sleep and head out.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016
5.4

Staff seemed very judgemental and we felt as if we were stupid asking questions about anything. Rooms were very small and dark! Quite crowded and limited bathroom facilities - one toilet per 6 or 7 rooms on the first floor... And down 3 flights of stairs to the showers with limited hot water. Location was perfect access to the main town and the mountains behind, but travellers beware that Switzerland is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE!

• mollymalott16
  • USA, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2016
6.9

Friendly place with good vibes and good location! My complaint was that there were not separate bathrooms for men and women and I saw more than one guy peeing in the urinal right in front of me (I am a 22 y/o female). Not to mention the bathrooms were pretty gross. However, I would stay here again as it is a good place to meet people and good price for Zermatt!

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Jul 2016
7.4

Very cute, cosy hostel with amazing staff who know the area like its the back of there hand! Would definitely stay there again!

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
5.4

The dorm was cramped and it seemed like they had tried to fit in as many beds as they could! I was bitten all over my face and neck by the time I had left :( The shower was almost cold so you were left freezing by the time you came out. The lady who worked at the reception was not friendly at all and I don't really see myself staying there again!

19th Jul 2016

Restaurant and bar in building were convenient. Beautiful view of the Matterhorn while walking up to hostel. My one complaint is just that we found it kinda smelly - like a locker room type smell. Air freshener would improve stay. Showers a little cramped. All in all, a small price to pay to stay in such a beautiful Alpine village.

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
2.0

As we arrived late due to a delayed train, later than staff hours, the hostel gave mine and my girlfriend's beds away without informing us, in spite of saying that if one arrives late that there would be information on the door regarding how to check in yourself - which there wasn't. My girlfriend and I were thus forced to search for free beds in the cramped, lockless dorms of which there were none. Therefore we were homeless that night and did not sleep at all prior to our only day in Zermatt.

17th Jul 2016
6.6

When I called , I was lectured for not reading the instruction of checking in hour. The man sounded impatient. However, when I did check in, the nice young lady gave me a nice, semi-private bed to stay. She was friendly throughout my visit. The place was cramped but overall can't beat the location and the view!!

• Australia, Male, 41+
16th Jul 2016

Why are there no cooking facilities?