7.4
Very Good 1,340 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 1,340 Total Reviews
The Maze Backpackers Located at 417 Pitt Street, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 417 Pitt Street
74% 1340
-33.8786596 151.2070924
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2016
4.6

The stench was incredible. The smell of sweat, cleaning products and mothballs mixed together. I had to go and buy anti-histamine so I could breathe on the second day of a 4 day stay. There is no way that the sodden disgusting old carpet, stained sticky chair and ancient mattress could be hygenic. The bathrooms had broken fixtures, some without anywhere to rest a bathroom bag and were often extremely dirty because they weren't cleaned often enough during peak times.

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2016
6.0

Some beds at Maze are extremely bad. Woke up several times during the nights due to back pains, and whole body was aching when waking up in the morning. Horrible ! I've been sleeping on front seats in cars and in sleeping bags on the ground in the desert on my trip, but the beds at Maze were the worst. Apart from that our stay at Maze was great in terms everything (events, food, common areas). Maze please buy new madrases - if you exchange them you will have my warmest recommendations !

• Norway, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2016

Good location, takes around 15-20 to the shopping area and about 30 min to circular quay. Everything like food, drinks, etc are closed by.

• Australia, Male, 41+
30th Mar 2016

I have stayed at the Maze Backers many time,s over the years in Sydney and it is very close to pubs and the main railway station good low cost place to stay

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

Maze is a great hostel for anyone looking to party. We weren't and yet we still enjoyed the vibe. The kitchen is big and spacious, the staff (besides one miserable guy) were excellent, especially on reception. They couldn't do enough for us. Our first twin room was quite small but we didn't mind for the price, and our double after was huge. The price is really good and the location is perfect.

23rd Mar 2016

I only stayed one night at the Maze hostel and enjoyed it. On first impression it looked too big and busy and scary (fits about 500 people), but it wasn't too rowdy, and I even met a few people in the room. Good bathrooms, decent staff, rooms a bit small. Great location for good price. I may be back :)

22nd Mar 2016

I was there for four days and felt the hostel was pretty good and well maintained. Guests were friendly, facilities were good and the price per room was of a reasonable rate considering your in the heart of sydney, with everything close by to you

• joeholder
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2016
8.0

Enjoyed maze a lot, good atmosphere. Very hot rooms though as there is no air con.

17th Mar 2016
7.7

Got a private room for me and this girl I was grafting with in NZ and hadn't banged yet. It was paddys day so we obviously for mangled in the city. Ended up banging her before we went out and then again before we checked out. Fell asleep after the night out though, I was gutted! She said she'd be let me do anything, nightmare! Anyway, decent hostel!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2016
6.9

Most of the hostel was quite old and grubby, but the linen was clean and the bathrooms cleaned regularly which was the main thing. Some of the staff were great, others didn't seem too impressed that Australians were using the hostel. Good free activities with the crew if you're looking to meet people and check out Sydney