The Maze Backpackers Reviews

417 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

Place was dirty & very noisy. Could not stay for the 2nd night that I had paid for because I felt creatures crawling over me during the night!

• 24th Jul 2015

Toilets were dirty, rooms were smelling, very noisy even after 10 pm (time to stop drinking), unfriendly staff (except for a blonde guy in the morning around 9 am on monday 21st).

Good party hostel, pretty clean. But by god it's cold!

Our room was FREEZING cold! Showers were dirty as but were told they were being renovated soon...

• 17th Jul 2015

Perfect in everyway Quite cold in night so you'd better ask extra blanket Many young people and many activities and very center of city Of course little bit noise but I enjoyed staying here anyway

No heat or extra cover. I had to sleep with my coat cause was really cold.

Soooo cold only the reception has heating and run out of blankets, rooms are damp and smell for the same price just stay round the corner ...

• 13th Jul 2015

The staff at the desk were exceptional, and I'd like to take two or three of them home with me. They were informed, patient, and quick to help. Elliott was especially professional, and volunteers Richie and Davide were awesome. The Maze is indeed a maze, but I totally enjoyed being in the ideal location for who I am and what I was doing there.

The staff was friendly. The place was a bit noisy inside but the location was perfect. It was close to Central station. However, there was no proper arrangement for water. I was told to take water from bsthroom which seemed very awkward way.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

A good place to stay lots of going on in and around the hostel so you won't get bored here

Awesome people amazing staff all very friendly! Loved my stay

• 3rd Jun 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here, great atmosphere/activities and chances to socialise with a central location. Some of the hostel is lacking aesthetically with peeling walls, damp and graffiti (especially the bathrooms) but it's relatively cheap and all harmless. The positives more than make up for it.

Everything you need in a hostel. Clean, comfy beds, convenient location, good facilities. Super friendly staff!

• 9th May 2015

Communal eating area not big enough

The organised backpacker nights at the hostel were good value for money, and made for a good social atmosphere. For the price of the hostel however I would have expected more facilities, i.e free security lockers/safes, free wi-fi. Rooms were clean, and convenient location.

Huge hostel in the centre of Sydney. Friendly staff, nice enough place to stay.

The property is located in the heart of the city. Minutes from everything. But, it lacks cleanliness. There was no heater. Rooms are small. Old rugs. You can smell aged mature bricks and carpets. No wifi. I guess these could be fixed without increasing already stretched price. Only because of it's location, these things are forgiven but if this backpacker were located somewhere outside the city, I would not rent it for half the price. But I must admit, the staffs were OK

Nice with different things going on every night. Good wifi.

I really liked all the activities at Maze Backpackers and how friendly everyone was. The staff helped me find busses and my way to different landmarks each day. My only complaint is the shuttle service. DONT USE IT. It never showed up for my time slot and when you're trying to catch a flight that's pretty important. The Sydney shuttle people were rude, unapologetic, and kept lying about when it would get there. Save yourself the trouble and don't plan on using them at all.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great hostel with something going on everyday!