The Maze Backpackers Reviews

417 Pitt Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Don't be scared when you first arrive because this place is HUGE!!. You'll find your way after a while. Don't expect much of the rooms, they are clean but very basic. It's nothing more than a bed and a mirror. The toilets/showers were clean and there always was warm water. Kitchen is very good and there is almost 24/7 staff cleaning up. Location is excellent. We didn't really like the atmosphere, it was just too big for us, but that's personal.

The kitchen set up was brilliant, however there wasn't much space in the fridges which was annoying. Our room was small and smelt a bit of feet but other than that, the staff were great! The location was fab and everything ran smoothly!

• 23rd Jan 2014

I payed 45 dollars for single night stay, in a single dorm. I got a room that looked like a prison cell, and was full of cockroaches. A bad and kinda mad staff didnt make things better.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Was only booked in for one night but ended up staying 4! The staff are really cool... Henry is the best!! no doubt it's called maze it's a frekin maze inside!! went on my own and met loads or peps.. only thing is being English, your not gunna meet any Aussies it's all English guys and girls!! But that alright, coming back in a month or so!! I left my Havianas :(

Shower didnt work, very Dirty and smelly carpet, loud at night due to running aircon of other rooms. Very in centre of city though

• 22nd Jan 2014

Too big hostel. Dirty badrooms and toilets. Noisy. Staff was unpersonally. The only good thing is that its cheap.

The location is really nice but the hostel is not airconditioned at all so it is really hot at any time!

The window on my bedroom was broken, so i couldnt open it..

I like the fact that they have activities or dinner/lunch for the guest, that creates a better atmosphere. The rooms could have a better cirkulation of air.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Norway

Good hostel, perfect location. A bit big. If you're used to the smaller hostels in Asia, this will be very different!

Mostly staff was nice but there were also exeptions

Loved maze backpackers!! The place may be dirty and so big that you get lost going to the bathroom, but the staff and atmosphere was amazing. Free BBQ, goon and pancakes every week - good for a backpackers budget. We met a lot of great people and felt like home. We also had the best time going out or just hanging out in the reception with the staff. James, we love you. And will definitely come back next time in Sydney.

I think that Maze Backpackers is a good structure, but it will be excellent if it was more clean.

They clean common areas often, bunks are fine, just a bit noisy place since in summer you have to open the windows to be able to sleep and then it's noisy. But if you stay in the double, great price.

Not good, not bad, just Ok.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

Not a bad place, bathrooms were a little dirty, kitchen clean, about average facilities. Location was great, right near george street/central station, plenty of food/shopping/grocery around. Was in a 4 bed dorm with 3 long stay guys though.

I have been travelling for the last year and this is the least clean hostel I have been in. There is a strange smell, stains on the duvet covers & the bathrooms were filthy. The rooms we quite small & not much light gets into them. It's a very busy hostel so it's easy to meet people & the free food etc. is very good.

The room I was staying in was disgusting. Maze was my first hostel I've ever stayed in and was shocked it was allowed to get in that condition to the point of almost calling off my trip in fear they would all be like that. Pictures were taken.

had a very good stay but we were staying on the second floor near the pool table area & the noise coming from this area at night was a bit load when everyone was bringing there own drink in

I have 2 rooms in this one. First one was like sleeping on the street. Second one was ok. In hostel you have to pay extra for everything for wifi, for computers, for lockers, for towels. C'mon in the future you will demand additional payment for bathroom and bed.....