The Maze Backpackers Reviews

417 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

No air condition room with bunks very small for two people now where to put your belongings

• 20th Mar 2015

As a 67 year old I didn't expect to interact with the young residents ,but I still enjoyed my stay. I enjoyed the organised meals put on by Maze. I was after a very cheap central hostel - and that is exactly what Maze is. Don't expect 4 star accommodation. It is very basic but there is nothing wrong if that is all you need. kitchen facilities are very good.

• 19th Mar 2015

Stayed here for a week and stayed in a private twinroom. Room was small but perfect for our needs. Kitchen is big and well equipt.

There are no lockers in the rooms but they are provided at a cost downstairs. There were plenty of showers and toilets and a big kitchen. Good atmosphere if you want a lively hostel.

I liked Maze. The staff was great, room was good (tiny but good), location good (really close to darling harbour where we actually ended up spending much of our time at).

not as bad as the reviews are saying ;-) + staff is really really friendly location directly in CBD is perfect and you can explore downtown immediately kitchen is big and equipment is available high security at the night. he is walking around. no loud people or you can complain and he comes. quit good - there is no maintenance, bathrooms are a mess, at least 2 times the day they are cleaned some cockroaches too many drunk british people you get what you get for that money...

Had a 25yr old female roommate pee on the carpet in front of my door inside the room in the middle of the night. She also peed on some of my clothes. Mgmt took care of the incident in the morning and moved me to a private room as a courtesy, which was really nice because I didn't even ask for it.

• 25th Feb 2015

Good location in heart of Sydney but boy oh boy this hostel needs a major refurb. Carpets are all dirty. Bed was pretty comfortable though but bathrooms were disgusting and water pressure was a joke.

Room smelt like grease. Woken up repeatedly by doors being bashed and bottles broken in courtyard. Left two days early, staff claim they cannot process any refunds.

The hostel was generally very dirty and smelled of mold. The luggage room is downstairs - I had to put my stuff in there which was nice of them to let me do that, but then I had to carry it back up again and then up 2 flights of stairs. Having just been at the hospital with a foot injury, no staff member offered to help which would have been nice. I know I wasn't paying much, although $60+ for the tiny private room I had was more than enough. Toilets were dirty and the water didn't really work.

We stayed in a 3 bed room. The only feedback I would say is that the room needs somewhere for you to put your clothes, other than keeping them in your luggage.

1 2 Next » last »