The Maze Backpackers Reviews

417 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

The hostel was generally very dirty and smelled of mold. The luggage room is downstairs - I had to put my stuff in there which was nice of them to let me do that, but then I had to carry it back up again and then up 2 flights of stairs. Having just been at the hospital with a foot injury, no staff member offered to help which would have been nice. I know I wasn't paying much, although $60+ for the tiny private room I had was more than enough. Toilets were dirty and the water didn't really work.

We stayed in a 3 bed room. The only feedback I would say is that the room needs somewhere for you to put your clothes, other than keeping them in your luggage.

Smelled like pee and mold, no AC so it was boiling hot, if you're carrying heavy bags expect no help from the staff to get them up the many many stairs, rooms were too tiny for our luggage, showers were dirty and even broken and for this they charged us 40$/night pp. If you want 1 burned pancake with nothing on it on free pancake day you better be prepared to wait in line for at least 30 minutes, same goes for free bbq night. The only good thing I have to say about this place is the location.

• 3rd Jan 2015