The Maze Backpackers Reviews

417 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia

I had a single room and it was clean and very basic, just a bed and a chair and a window. The internet, from the room, was fast. Internet price of $12/7 days I thought was quite good. I had to go out of the room for a shower or pee but overall, with the cost I paid, which was around $60/day for a single room, it was good. The location was excellent I thought. Close to Chnatown or Thaitown. There were a couple of excellent Thai restaurants on Campbell St, just a block south of the Maze.

Only for party people... If you want a quiet place... Run away!

This is the worst hostel that I stayed at. There was almost no security - my room key opened the door but I couldn't lock it. Anyone could walk in; we had an extra person stay in our room one night who wasn't checked in. The beds were very rickety and actually mine was falling apart. The place was dirty and the atmosphere not good. The line for free pancakes took over an hour. The fire alarm went off twice in 4 days. I didn't get any sleep here or meet any people worth staying in touch with.

I appreciate the staff's accommodating my request for a quieter room, especially after witnessing how rowdy and noisy it could be. I'm also thankful that they seem to constantly clean all areas of the place. That made me feel more at ease about the cleanliness of the hostel, especially after seeing how a few of the guests didn't practice common sense when it comes to health.

Great location. Kitchen was big and had good facilities. Showers and toilets were little dirty but worked. Big and old hostel but ok to stay. Every night some party going on.

The service was atrocious staff couldn't have been less enthusiastic and were cocky and rude. The whole place stank. There's a charge for the wifi? Are you serious?!?! The best thing about this hostel is the location which was very convenient. I would only stay here again if i were desperate and had no other options.

My room was very smelly and there wasnt much space for bags. Showers and toilets were good accept for them being horrendously dirty throughout my entire stay. The place is truly a maze but its good for meeting people. Didnt use kitchen or joined in the festivities (had other plans booked since earlier) so have no comment about those. The hostel is abit pricy in comparison to what you get. Would stay again tho due to location and staff!

1 2 3 Next » last »