The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Great place to stay, very close to train and metro, easy to meet people here.

The staff wasn't flexible at all. There was a police inspection 1 day and the night before they told me that they would pay me 200 taiwan dollars if I do the check out before 9:00am, so I was totally ready before 9:00am but I was just standing in the living room. The staff came to me and said that I should leave because the police can ask me some questions and can be a problem so I left the place at 9:20 and I ask for the money and they told me that they wouldn't pay me because it was after 9.

• 12th May 2014
  • Portugal

Dear guest, we are sorry that our staff was not flexible enough and made you feel bad about our place. We sincerely apologize again and are more than willing to compensate you on that. Thanks for your understanding. The Meeting Place Team

Great common areas, decent kitchen. most dorm rooms do not have windows.

Good place, cheapest one there is in Taipei. It lacks though a more dazzling atmosphere (in the evenings, for example, instead of socializing, drinking, partying etc, people there stay in the common area just texting and using their computer), so if you'r looking to make some friends and interact with other people, this is probably not the hostel for you. There's also the fact that we guests were kicked out of the hostel because they were having some problems with the cops...can you imagine that

Excellent stay, close enough to Songshan Train station to get around Taipei. Had a great time with all the people in the hostel!

Great, the location is good and there is a big comfortable common area

This hostel was really friendly, accommodating, and convenient. The only downfall was that it was difficult to find because the directions say to walk out of the subway exit 4 to the 3 way intersection(which is more like an alley intersection)but there is a 4 way intersection right as you walk out of the subway to the right but the 3 way intersection is to the left. The people were very helpful and some people live there long-term so that brought a different feel to the place (positive for sure)

Thank you for the precious comment, we will fix the direction. It was really nice to having you!

Location is very good. Close to Raohe Night market and other places. Also has bus stop nearby so that can go to Jiufen easily. Laundry service for a box is NT100.

After travelling for over a year, every once in a while you run into real gems like the meeting place Its a hostel where you can make yourself at home: huge lounge space with projector, huge toilets and shower area, soft mattresses with proper pillows and a real office space to work in with super fast wifi What really made a difference to me though is the staff, really youthful mix of local Taiwanese and westerners who are going well above what's required. Oh, they also have a cat!

• 26th Apr 2014

A big thank-you for your compliment, I can't even find a proper word to describe how moved I am! Yes, we are the best team and with the best guests, which makes here the real Meeting Place. Our cat's name is Schrödinger, hooray!

An excellent hostel for backpackers in Taipei!

this was not my first time and same I usual it was perfect, you never expect that for one of the cheapest hostel in Taipei, good location, good staff and helpful, I will go back again for sure

Had high expectations due to reviews that I've read...and left disappointed. The rooms, showers and lockers are good. What I was disappointed in was the lack of socializing here, hence its name. The long term guys here all stick together and doesn't seem to have any interest in talking with the new short term people. Another note, there is 1 male & 1 female person in charge. If you ever need any help or questions, go to the male, he's way more nicer, open minded and helpful than the female.

I spent really a great time at hostel. Was clean, cheap, and the manager Rafael was very kind and friendly. And really good atmosphere.

Miss you so much Nicolino!!!! Safe trip in southeast Asia and come back soon. Mwww

The hostel is located very near to Song Shan Train Station and Raohe Night Market. They charge very affordable rates in the city of Taipei.

1 2 Next » last »