The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Location is very good. Close to Raohe Night market and other places. Also has bus stop nearby so that can go to Jiufen easily. Laundry service for a box is NT100.

After travelling for over a year, every once in a while you run into real gems like the meeting place Its a hostel where you can make yourself at home: huge lounge space with projector, huge toilets and shower area, soft mattresses with proper pillows and a real office space to work in with super fast wifi What really made a difference to me though is the staff, really youthful mix of local Taiwanese and westerners who are going well above what's required. Oh, they also have a cat!

• 26th Apr 2014

A big thank-you for your compliment, I can't even find a proper word to describe how moved I am! Yes, we are the best team and with the best guests, which makes here the real Meeting Place. Our cat's name is Schrödinger, hooray!

An excellent hostel for backpackers in Taipei!

this was not my first time and same I usual it was perfect, you never expect that for one of the cheapest hostel in Taipei, good location, good staff and helpful, I will go back again for sure

Had high expectations due to reviews that I've read...and left disappointed. The rooms, showers and lockers are good. What I was disappointed in was the lack of socializing here, hence its name. The long term guys here all stick together and doesn't seem to have any interest in talking with the new short term people. Another note, there is 1 male & 1 female person in charge. If you ever need any help or questions, go to the male, he's way more nicer, open minded and helpful than the female.

I spent really a great time at hostel. Was clean, cheap, and the manager Rafael was very kind and friendly. And really good atmosphere.

Miss you so much Nicolino!!!! Safe trip in southeast Asia and come back soon. Mwww

The hostel is located very near to Song Shan Train Station and Raohe Night Market. They charge very affordable rates in the city of Taipei.

Wonderful location, very near to the night market. Lovely spacious common area for relaxing or party. Well designed and comfortable rooms . Very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommend.

One of the cheapest hostels you can find in Taipei. Overall I'm satisfied with the stay at the Meeting Place

thank you for a comment and hope to see you again:) Cheers Vanna

The meeting place is good hostel. Staff was very friendly , facilities were good. Night market is near. We were able to stay comfortably.

Sry it took me so long to add this review. First I have to say that the price is really cheap. You can hardly find another hostel as cheap as this one. Second, the common room is really big and well adorned. Besides that, there is also a kitchen and a room for reading or using laptop. The location is great, and will be better six months later when the MRT grean line extension is finished.Atmosphere and staff are also great. I'd like to recommend the hostel to equip each bed of a dorm with a lamp

pretty good and clean place and friendly staff. Nice atmospher and convenient facility for showering and cooking.

Great place! Had an awesome time. Would for sure stay again. Staff were great (if a little up right about the rules- but the rules were few and not over the top) great location. Good little kitchen and a movie night every night! Loved it.

Excellent! This is the hostel where you feel like home. The staff are really friendly and you have a very cozy living room and facilities. It's very clean and tiny as I realized the staffs do regular cleaning and often they organized events and parties open for all. Made many new friends around the world. Strongly recommend and definitely value for money.

Good hostel with great staff very helpful :)

nice place and clean dorms, but charge additional for luggage storage and towel

Thank you for the comment. The storage service we provide only charges for overnights and large pieces.

I just traveled 389 days and back to Taipei. I felt lucky that I chose this hostel to stay. The staff is the soul here. He makes this place a real "Meeting Place" Very clean. Choose the 10 dorm beds room in the corner. There a big window inside the room. Very clean and comfortable common area. A good kitchen. I like the movie night. 5 mins walk to MRT.

Thank you Willy! Guests are the real soul of TMP. I enjoyed your travel stories which gave me courage to explore the world again. I can't wait!

The staff is extremely nice and welcoming which made the experience a comfortable one. The Meeting Place was a great place to come back to after a long day of exploring the city. My group stayed in the 4 person private--the beds were comfortable, wardrobe useful. Sweet, simple, convenient :) Reminded me of a summer camp kind of experience. What can I say? A few nights here was really fun. I would recommend for short stays. Hostel smell was a bit funky at times..any way to fix? Thanks!! :D

• 22nd Feb 2014

Thanks a lot!!! We are really flattered. We really enjoy you stay that makes TMP much more fun!!! The hall way is smelly occasionally due to the shoes. However our ventilation system is working well to prevent the embarrassing odor.

This place rocks. I meant to only stay 5-7 days, ended up there for 3 weeks. It's spacious: you have everything you need (full kitchen, two fridges, huge couches, tables, study room/office, showers bathrooms, bunks with ample storage space). Plus there are plenty of long term people there who are friendly and always someone hanging around to talk to or do your own thing if you prefer. Every morning they were cleaning everything like little elves. Great value and a great landing spot in Tapei

• 17th Feb 2014

Ended up staying 4 more days! The interior is very spacious with everything you need an its clean everyday. Location its close to metro and nights markets. Staff are very kind and willing to help. Rafa and Alfred always make sure to help with my traveling plans, they even helped me to improve my chinese :) I had inclusive the misfortune of having some heath problems but Rafa was very eficient trying to make sure I would find medical care asap. I loved the place and will stay next time! 謝謝你們!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

You are more than welcoming!!!! Miss you!