The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Awesome time here. Micheal is awesome...clean friendly hostel...store and train station nearby. staff is great

• 11th Nov 2014

Hi, thanks so much for your kind comments and rating. While I always like to think I'm awesome, it's always good to hear it from someone else!!! Seriously though, enjoy Thailand and remember us if you ever revisit Taiwan. Your visit was far too short, and most of it spent sleeeping off jet-lag, to really experience all that Taiwan has to offer! So make the most of it now before all Western backpackers add us as a destination on their Asian experience!

住在這裡, 看到大家的悠閒,就像在家的感覺 哥哥、姐姐、朋友、兄弟、姐妹 感覺台北不是個緊張、忙碌的城市 這會是你住宿的好選擇!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

非常開心聽到您喜歡我們的地方,希望您下次還有機會來我們這邊住住,與來自世界各地的朋友聊天、看電影、逛夜市!

Great facilities, staff, and sleep! Kitchen is big and well-stocked with cooking implements, appliances, and drinking water. Common area is big and relaxed. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and showers are cleaned regularly. The dorms (while dark and some windowless) are conducive to good sleep (since there's no light after bedtime.) Internet is fast, location is right of central but the neighborhood is lively nonetheless, and proximity to the night market is good. Great value.

Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for your kind comment and rating of our place. We hope to see you again any time you visit Taipei. Be sure to like our facebook page to keep in touch as you continue your travels! All the best, The Meeting Place Team

Loved it there.... Met friends for life.... Definitely going back.... They're not getting rid of me that easily! I could live at The Meeting Place for a long time... and I will when I go back to Taiwan to find a job!! The manager and the owner are the best! Couldn't have looked after me better. Cool cool place. Much love to everyone there.... Miss u guys already!! :-)

On behalf of everyone in The Meeting Place, it was also a pleasure for us to have met you!! We all look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and hearing all your stories from Thailand. Have a great time, and see you again soon!

If u plan to stay there for a while, it's kind fo perfect !

the kitchen was small and it was difficult to find from MRT howshanpi station if you dont know where but it was very good for money.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Japan

One of the cheapest places to stay in Taipei. You get what you pay for though, showers are dirty, but beds are fine. Staff are good...when you an find them. Mostly long-stay guests, so don't expect any backpacker atmosphere. No aircon.

Good for the amount of money I paid.

THE BOSS is a MYTHOLOGICAL figure capable of drastic and sudden decisions. Someone says THE BOSS is an old guy... someone says THE BOSS is a young girl. Someone says THE BOSS can heal illnesses. One morning THE BOSS rised the price from 300 to 400 because she stated through the prophet: "I don't agree with gaza war!" But she rolled back the decision in the afternoon: "I like hong kong protest." They refused to give back the money... because, you know, hostel gods DON'T need 2 EXPLAIN!

The hostel was great including the staff and general facilities however the air con was only on for a few hours (9-3am and 8-9am) at night and off everywhere in the hostel during the day. The air con facility is ticked on the front page of hostelworld and I don't think it is fair to tick this if air con is only on for 7 out of 24 hours. I woke up during the night uncomfortable and unable to sleep due to the heat.

At first, I was excited and nervous. But later, I feel great here. I like it. Not too for from MRT you can walk :D

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

I loved my stay here at the meeting place. Very enjoyable time and I will stay here again in the future and also recommend this hostel to other people going to Taiwan.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location was good. There are metro, train station, a night market nearby. The facilities are more than complete, esp in the kitchen. If you are a traveler who love cooking and sharing food to others, it was really a good place to you! Besides, the atmosphere was really good. There are different activities at night, such as, singing karaoke, watching movie, dancing etc. But, here was not very clean. But, with the prices of NT350, it's super worth!!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice people and nice hostel! I had a very good time there!

Nice place, but it's not very clean, and atmosphere is not great.

1 2 Next » last »