The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

If you are under a tight budget, and just need a no frills bed and clean toilets this is the place. Staff are friendly. One downside would be that there are only 3 showers for 25+ guest.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Dear guest, we have noted that problem as well and we have decided to add extra showers, one later this month and the other one early next month. Thanks for your staying with us again. Look forward to having you again.

This place is terrific! The staff is wonderful, you can't beat the price, it's a 7min walk to the MRT, it's got all the amenities you could ask for, a generously sized common area and fully equipped kitchen, and activities to join in on every day. I'll be back!

• 22nd Jan 2014

very nice place to stay. only blanket was bit too thin and I was cold at night. Free internet and wifi is also great. close to the Song Shan station and walking distance to lao he jie night market!

Thank for your nice comment. We apologied for not telling you that we have both thick and thin comforters to choose and offer free extra blankets.

The meeting place's name fits the place well. This hostel is designed to meet the needs of travelers who are looking to m to make new friends. There are planned movie and/or games nearly every night and the hotel often provides planned trips to Taipei must sees. The staff are extremely friendly and try their best to make you feel at home. Regarding the physical accommodations: most of the rooms are shared bunk rooms with pretty soft beds. There is also plenty of space to store your belongings.

This is a great hostel with a cosy atmosphere. The staff is helpful and we often have movie nights in the living room. The staff sometimes arrange trips which allowed me to meet some new people. This was great since I'm travelling alone and don't know anyone in the city. The Wifi is fast and it is very quiet in the rooms.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

HI dear We enjoy your stay with us very much. We try our best to take care of everybody and make here the real meeting place!

Great place to stay in taipei! staff is very helpfull and the area is safe, near the metro and train stations! Also value for money and good atmosphere! there is the night markets around the corner where you can find just about everything till late. I definitely will go back there!!!

It's most probably not the best place to stay in Taipei, but it was the cheapest option that we found acceptable, for the money I can't really complain. Just one thing is a little crazy - dorms without a window (I read somewhere it's quite normal in Taipei). Imagine waking up after 7 in the morning, the whole place is dark as in the middle of the night and you can't switch on the light not to disturb other people sleeping in the room (everyone sleeping cause their body thinks it's night...)

A bit away from the west side of Taipei, but close to tube and train stations and very clean. Staff are excellent and I met a lot of cool people here.

Very friendly hostel with movie or game night every night

Staff are really nice and helpful. Location is convenient and close to public transport. But mixed shower room is not really acceptable, as a man either, it's about the facility design. I haven't seen it before, Taiwan, Australia, Europe, China, No.

There were misquitos and the feasted on me and my friend every night. For some reason the entire bathroom was always really humid (We went there in December) and the mirrors were fogged up and the floor was wet even though the showers were located on the other side of the building. The staff was friendly enough, but they said that the rooms they prepared for us were new, but if smelled like something died in there. Also, the shower doors were broken.

• 14th Dec 2013

I greatly enjoyed staying at this hostel, so much so that I went back for a 2nd stay! It is very spacious and comfortable. There are long-term residents and staff who clean thoroughly every day, and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful whenever I had a question. One thing I really liked about this hostel is that the sleeping rooms are separated from the common lounge and kitchen, so even though there are people drinking and socializing late at night, it won't disturb your sleep.

I don't know if this is normal for hostel in Taiwan coz this is the first time staying in a hostel in Taiwan for me. But I could not get any info at all to help me go sightseeing within Taipei. I guess bcoz all of the staffs there are foreign students working part time there for free accommodation. They are nice ppl though. Secondly, the bathroom door fall off n no fixing. Third, I found toilets in MRT station are cleaner than here. Toilets in MRT stations also provide toilet paper.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Thailand

thank you for your comment,so sorry let you feel bad of bathroom door (we already fix it as few days ago coz the carpenter is really busy at that time) ,and our toilet we already make our staff do clean more frequently.thank you for choose to stay with us :) Best Regards Vanna

很好,下次去还会住的

謝謝你與我們共度了美好的時光,歡迎你下次再來!!!我們會一直都在這兒的:) Yours TMP

I have stay in this hostel four days. Hostel's staff is very friendly and kind. She can speak Japanese, I can stay comfortable. And, I could make some friends in other country. They came from America, Singapore,Holland etc... They are very kind. I will stay this hostel in Taiwan again!!

• 25th Nov 2013
  • keve03229587
  • Japan

thank u keitai, we r so happy to met u at TMP! u r so friendly,wish u can come back again and have more fun in taiwan. Best Regards TMP

I am a Korean and especially what I really happy was here is a Korean staff. The atmosphere of here is quite nice. Almost everyday we have different gatherings and hang out together. It makes each other closer easily. More over, the facilities likes shower booths and toilet are very clean also the rooms are. At the first maybe it is hard to find this location but after than there's nothing unconvenient things. I strongly recommend you to stay here.

Thanks Doyum,hope to see u soon !!! We miss you!!! wish you everything is good. Best Regards Vanna

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at. Pros n' Cons: Cons - Mosquitoes. - WiFi sometimes not so reliable. - Beds are super creaky and loud. - Shower temperature unruly. - Laundry service - expensive, badly stained (?) one of my favorite shirts, and shrunk/creased my jeans. :/ Pros - Beds are comfy! - Not too far from MRT (10min walk) and bus stops - Large common area, lots of tables/sofas - Staff clean rooms and bathrooms frequently - Place feels clean and safe I would stay here agai

• 19th Nov 2013

Hostel needs more regular cleaning.

It is located near Taipei Songshan railway station and Raohe night market. They've got very helpful staff, clean environment, and necessary facilities. It is a very good place to meet people from other places.

The hostel has a spacious common area where you can meet other travellers. It is located so close to the松山 train station and not so far away from the MRT station. This is not the cleanest hostel I have stayed in, but you have got what you paid for. I wish they have seperate bathrooms for female - it's kinda weird if there is a guy showering next door. Staff are nice and helpful.

thank you for your good suggestions. We will keep more clean for our hostel. hope see you next time and give us more suggestions. wish you have a nice day. Best Regards Vanna