The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Loved this hostel. The staff are great and so are all the people staying there, particularly the long termers. I spent many a lovely evening sitting outside and chatting with the various residents. A very chill vibe throughout and a lot of cool people to meet - it's definitely well-named. Rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are clean. They also provide everything you need (even shower slippers, which I always forget to bring with me!) I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Taiwan.

I strongly "dis-recommend" this hostel. First of all, the sanity is really poor. In the hallway of the hostel, there's a trash box piled with stinky, smelly thrown away clothes. Also, in the room, they don't offer air-condition during daytime and even morning(just after 12AM to 4?), so it's really humid and smelly inside. Furthermore, there's like "Western hippy's bunker". I think the half of the guests are long-term stayer, so you can easily be outsider especially for Asian people.

A good value hostel with fast wifi, clean dorms and nice folks.

• 15th Jun 2015

One of the best hostels ive been in Asia and probably the best you'll have in Taipei. Atmosphere is nice and Mike(the manager) is a great guy. Nick and Tom that work there are pretty sweet too. Commun area is comfy and good to drink or watch GOT with everyone. Carefull not to give same locker keys to different people :S (happened twice during my stay).

It's so hot in the rooms but eh it's Taiwan and it's worth it, it's a really nice place to live.

• 13th Jun 2015

the toilet is shared with others which is quite inconvenient , there are a lot long term tenant there and the place is quite messy and dirty

Very social great place to meet people

Indeed a great place to meet new people! Due to its cheaper price, you can meet many travelers from all over the world and they're generally nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness might be a slight issue because there's some smell in the hostel and some of the bathrooms aren't that clean. Good internet connection tho!

I love The Meeting Place! It's near to the Songshan MRT station, all the staff in TMP is nice! The room is comfortable and clean. People here come from different places, you could make lots of friends here and you may join them to visit. It's really nice!!! If I will visit Taipei again, TMP definitely would be my first choice.

• 30th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Feels like a university dorm, with open spaces inside and outside to socialize -- and a quiet room for those who want to study or meditate. Electric anti-mosquito lights are a great help. Bed spaces are adequate and there are plenty of sockets everywhere for recharging devices. I slept really well for 8 nights thanks to cold aircon. The Irish guy at reception is super friendly and helpful. Looks like a good place to live for a few months if you're a student. Only gripe: could use bigger lockers.

The meeting place is definitely the best place to stay in Taipei. It has a really relaxed and social atmosphere just like Taipei. It's clean and cool with a social and busy common area. Big thanks to Jenny for being amazingly kind and printing the thousands of forms I needed. Definitely left it last minute but she helped :) Michael is definitely the life and heart of the place and goes out of his way to make sure everything is amazing. Until my next trip take care guys

Great Hostel at a very good location near MRT. The staff there all did a great Job especially Janet she really worked hard to give us good service! I hope she gets her Bonus. :)

• 23rd May 2015
  • Belgium

A great wee hostel. Top atmosphere and friendly staff, Mathilde and Michael even went above and beyond to the point of doing a communal snack and booze run for the guests. Mathilde even shared some of Michael's Guinness :D. Close to two of the train lines and also a pretty cool night market. All round pretty great, definitely the atmosphere and friendly staff make the place!

• 16th May 2015
  • Scotland

Great value for money, especially in Taipei. The staff were very friendly and full of information and suggestions of what to see and do.

Stayed at this hostel at the recommendation of a friend, and I'm really glad I did. The staff were super welcoming and helpful, accommodated my late arrival and greeted me with a smile. Ben, Matilda, Michael and Kat did a great job making me feel at home. This place is a bargain and a half...the least expensive place in Taipei, but it was clean, had towels, comfortable beds, and a great location one block from the Metro. If I return to Taipei I will surely stay at the meeting place again!

• 11th May 2015

Where to start? I've been traveling for almost a year now and the Meeting Place will go down as one of, if not my favourite hostel. Michael, Ben, and the rest of the staff (I'm so sorry I've forgotten the names of the ladies who worked there) made Taipei a fantastic stop despite my being under rather some stress at the time. Their advice helped me make the most of my stay, while the hostel was clean, with a great atmosphere, easy to sleep and socialize, great food nearby. Can't recommend enough.

I had a wonderful stay at The Meeting Place. The accommodation is very comfortable but it's the staff who realy make you feel at home.

• 28th Apr 2015

This was my first time in Taiwan as well as my first time travelling alone for about a week. This hostel is perfect for travellers who want to other travellers as much as they want a comfortable and well located place to stay. Beds are super comfy, the living room is great gathering place, the hot showers always worked and the staff was always ready to attend to anyone's needs. Kat will help you with anything (she can also teach you a few words in Greek). Will definitely stay here again!

• 28th Apr 2015

There was rarely somebody at the desk reception and at one time no one before 10am so not easy to ask your questions. There was a constant humidity odor all over the place and the bathrooms were very dirty, so were the showers. Maybe they need more staff. There is not very a good ambiance at the hostel and the front desk guy doesn't even respect the hostel rules, like the silence in the rooms after 11pm. Moreover the rooms are freaking hot and the fans make a hell of a noise.

Very good accommodation !