The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Very stingey with the AC, sometimes not turning it on until 11pm and then off again in the wee hours. It wouldn't be so bad if the dorm had adequate ventilation, but it was an overcrowded windowless petri dish of odors. The air outside otoh was quite nice.

It's not too far from subway and the city center. They was really kind and friendly. I'm very happy to had satayed there ^^

Didn't seem organized. Office is on a couch. Irregular work hours. Didn't really have a locker to store my things

This hostel would be great to meet people, hence the name. It also is the cheapest place to stay in Taipei, however it needs a serious deep clean...everywhere and maybe some updating. If you don't care about cleanliness and just want to meet people then it's probably fine, but if you're interested in a nice place to sleep that's clean and organized, I would spend a little more for another hostel.

This place is really a cheap place. The beds had a plastic covering that were falling apart everywhere. The place has a overall odd smell. And at night it was so hot. Definitely not the best I've stayed at.

The receptionist Mikael was the best. He helped me out more than once and I loved the two nights I stayed

I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this one is right up there. Very friendly vibe, made some great friends of all nationalities. Allows you to meet locals, ex pats and travellers. Good social scene but also no noise issues at night, always a good nights sleep. Great value for money especially if your staying longer term. Located in Songshan which is an awesome part of town you are within walking distance of two mrt lines and regional trains, but most importantly the Raohe Night Market!

Very chill and relaxed place. It's not in the center of the city, but I think that's why it's a much more relaxed place to stay. Staff was always helpful and easy to get along with

More then I could have asked for. As soon as we turnt up you could feel the friendly and homily vibe, everyone was super nice and Michael made sure we was comfortable and always went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed! The beds were comfortable and the cooking facilities were great! The location was perfect it was close to the main train lines and many popular sites. As a girl travelling I found the area very safe and enjoyed my stay here! Would highly recommend this hostel!

• 9th Oct 2015

Great location, Great staff, Great atmosphere & Fast free wifi

• 7th Oct 2015

Hostel is super conveniently located 3 minutes walk from MRT-TRA-Bus Songshan station, that makes it very easy to explore the city and nearby areas. But what has made my stay at The Meeting Place so pleasant is the great staff working there and the lovely people I met, who created such good vibes; I was supposed to spend there only one week, and I ended staying there for more than 2 weeks. I can't say anything but thank you to Michael, more than the owner, a friend. I definitely recommend it!

I been traveling for 32 years as an old school Hiking, Backpacker, Vacationist and Business traveler and a lot has changed since the old silk road trail (hippi 70s). I witnessed the evolution of the hotel to hostel industry and the transition from Hikers to backpackers. Today, digital gadgets have contributed to changes in culture of backpacking as much as the modernization of room accommodation that brought about a travelers divide. The Meeting Place Brought me back to those good old times.

It was the worst hostel I've ever stayed. The pictures they provided look nothing like the reality. The floor is always covered with hair and dust, not to mention about cockroaches crawling around. The entrance is behind a building which there's no sign to direct you to. The room wasn't ready when I checked in at 2:30pm. I made some good friends there, but apart from that there's nothing to be like about. Definetly won't be back again.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

I met great people and enjoyed my stay here, except when I went to rebook through the owner, to save him paying the commission, I asked to be moved to the cheaper room, only at check out for him to tell me staying only 1 night is more expensive (if I booked online it wouldn't have been!) so I paid more for trying to help him out and felt a bit screwed over. Also toilets rarely get cleaned. Otherwise, lots of communal areas and kitchen, and met great people here.. Bit of a party vibe.

The meeting place is a nice place to meet people. Had a great time staying here, living room is nice, close to mrt and great atmosphere.

Worst hostel ever. The rooms are extremely dirty, with hair and dust all over the floor, cockroaches crawling around, and restrooms that smell like they sit directly above a sewer tank. The entrance to this place is very tricky to find (with little or no directions on their website), and they will most likely have not put any preparation into your room before you arrive. The staff is ok and Songshan MRT station is 5 minutes away, but overall I would say avoid this place like the plague.

• 14th Sep 2015

cool place, good mix of travellers, workers and students

I first came to Taiwan on August 31st and since then for the last three weeks when ever I am finished exploring certain parts of Taiwan I have kept coming back to The Meeting Place. Good place with a fair price. Staff is friendly and helpful as well as possessing a great location right next to a very nice night market. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 8th Sep 2015

Helpful and knowledgable staff, chill mix of travelers, students, and working locals and expats, great atmosphere where everyone's friendly and the patrons actually converse unlike some other hostels in Taipei, convenient location, one of if not the best hostels in terms of value for money in Taipei. Go for it

• 7th Sep 2015

Not the cleanest hostel in Taipei, but it's dirt cheap. It's got a great vibe going as well. Very easy going hostel where you can meet a lot of foreign solo travelers. I enjoyed my stay there.