The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Great facilities, staff, and sleep! Kitchen is big and well-stocked with cooking implements, appliances, and drinking water. Common area is big and relaxed. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and showers are cleaned regularly. The dorms (while dark and some windowless) are conducive to good sleep (since there's no light after bedtime.) Internet is fast, location is right of central but the neighborhood is lively nonetheless, and proximity to the night market is good. Great value.

Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for your kind comment and rating of our place. We hope to see you again any time you visit Taipei. Be sure to like our facebook page to keep in touch as you continue your travels! All the best, The Meeting Place Team

Loved it there.... Met friends for life.... Definitely going back.... They're not getting rid of me that easily! I could live at The Meeting Place for a long time... and I will when I go back to Taiwan to find a job!! The manager and the owner are the best! Couldn't have looked after me better. Cool cool place. Much love to everyone there.... Miss u guys already!! :-)

On behalf of everyone in The Meeting Place, it was also a pleasure for us to have met you!! We all look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and hearing all your stories from Thailand. Have a great time, and see you again soon!

If u plan to stay there for a while, it's kind fo perfect !

the kitchen was small and it was difficult to find from MRT howshanpi station if you dont know where but it was very good for money.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Japan

One of the cheapest places to stay in Taipei. You get what you pay for though, showers are dirty, but beds are fine. Staff are good...when you an find them. Mostly long-stay guests, so don't expect any backpacker atmosphere. No aircon.

Good for the amount of money I paid.

THE BOSS is a MYTHOLOGICAL figure capable of drastic and sudden decisions. Someone says THE BOSS is an old guy... someone says THE BOSS is a young girl. Someone says THE BOSS can heal illnesses. One morning THE BOSS rised the price from 300 to 400 because she stated through the prophet: "I don't agree with gaza war!" But she rolled back the decision in the afternoon: "I like hong kong protest." They refused to give back the money... because, you know, hostel gods DON'T need 2 EXPLAIN!

The hostel was great including the staff and general facilities however the air con was only on for a few hours (9-3am and 8-9am) at night and off everywhere in the hostel during the day. The air con facility is ticked on the front page of hostelworld and I don't think it is fair to tick this if air con is only on for 7 out of 24 hours. I woke up during the night uncomfortable and unable to sleep due to the heat.

At first, I was excited and nervous. But later, I feel great here. I like it. Not too for from MRT you can walk :D

• 4th Sep 2014