The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

hostel bathroom are a bit run down and teh shower were leaking badly when I was there. However most of the staff are really nice and helpful. Also beware of the cat, not a problem at all for me but could be a problem for travellers with allergy

Perfect place. My initial plan was to stay only two days and I stayed 10 days in total. The name of the hostel can't be better, I met many people there, the staff is awesome, sharing drinks and foods and also good plan to visit the city, I definitely recommend this place, one of the best in Asia (I’m traveling in Asia since 7 months). The location is close to two subway stations, convenient shops, night market and the riverside for a walk. You want to visit Taipei and met people, go there ;)

I think the place can be better managed in terms of tidiness and cleanliness. The kitchen is really messy and the most disgusting thing is the microwave. It was really oily and dirty when I tried to use it and of course I was disgusted so I didnt. There was also a mosquito in my room so I had a really unpleasant sleeping experience.

This place has two kinds of mattrasses, very good and very bad. Get the good one before your neighbor arrives! Check the toilet paper before you sit down, tends to be absent. Prepare for a cold shower. The shower room incessantly floods part of the living room. Funny little creatures in the kitchen.

Yes here is "Meeting Place" !! All Stuff are very friendly and kind. Atmosphere is awesome. we can drink, dance and talk together. If you will meet interesting people and spend wonderful time in Taipei , you must stay this hostel!. here is the cheapest one in Taipei. so save the money to sleep, enjoy awesome Taiwanese food and Beer with many guest and stuff ^^ ここのホステル、スタッフも親切だし、台北で一番安いホステルの一つだから、とにかく世界の面白いやつらが集まってて、マジ最高に楽しかった。おすすめです。

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Perfect place to relax and chill. Thanks Janet for maintaining and managing the place despite recent outbreak. Even bring water and cooked for us as well as laundry. Thanks Michael too for saving the day for us. Will miss Schroedinger . Regular tenants there were like family too. Miss the chatting session with them If ya intend to stay in Taiwan long, don't bother look elsewhere. Here is the place to meet, think, and rest for the next destination of the great Taiwan! Tmp team will advise!

This was such a nice hostel, everyone here is so nice. The bathrooms are a bit grimy but everything else was super clean. A few long term stays here so a nice family atmosphere. Also great value!

I've stayed here multiple times. It's close and easy to find from the train and metro station. I've met some great people each time. I wish the rooms had windows, but on the plus side of that, it is easy to sleep all day if you are needing some extra rest. I will be back to the meeting place soon!

There was a gas fire when I was there, they called the firefighters and emptied 2 fire extinguishers, but didn't bother to alert or wake the people inside the dorms. This is just reckless. It's dirty, there are cockroaches and many mosquitos. The AC in the rooms is too blaring, the mattresses uncomfortable and the atmosphere wasn't very good. They were unable to provide towels and the lockers are small. However, the location is OK -- not far away from the Raohe night market and Songshan station.

Hi Marko, Thank you for taking the time to review us. In relation to the fire, this was a gas fire located OUTSIDE the building which was instantly put out. The fire engine was called to the scene merely as a precaution and it was they who advised us that an evacuation was not required as, as already stated, the fire occurred out side of the building. However, the fire did do damage to our dryer and this was the reason that we were unable to provide towels for a short time.

Good meeting place as the name suggest. if only there were AC and our sheets are clean but Taiwan was changing temperature then and it was very warm and sheets smells...3 guys were sleeping in the lounge as the room was too warm.

Michael is a Nice and friendly owner. The ambience is good although the dorms are divided as 'Asians' and 'Europeans' although it is not mentioned but you can quite clearly feel it

A bit tricky to find, so read carefully the directions provided by the staff! The hostel is located farther away from the city centre, rather small and has somewhat run down facilities. On the other hand, it's one of the cheapest in Taipei. The common room is nice, provides good atmosphere. The stuff is really friendly and chill. From what I've seen, only the 10 bed mixed room has a window.

I liked that place. Staff made me feel welcome and the value for money is very good. Also conveniently close to MRT station. Cleanliness could be improved a bit though and so could the facilities. Also I feel that not all staff was too bothered to give me all the info, e.g. when I was told to go to a bank to exchange money noone warned me that bank charge me $100. Very disappointing. I loved the night market & Schroedinger, the resident cat who couldn't care less about the world around.

Excellent atmosphere but getting there is a lil bit tricky, especially at night.

Very great place here! Met lots of travelers and the staff Janet is great to talk to, we even went to a few places around together,this place even got a wii and big projector for films etc! ps: manager is cool guy too!! Would totally recommend em for chill travelers

Meeting place is very convenient to stay at, location is ideal for night markets and public transport. Staff is super friendly and is a good place to meet other travelers. Hostel is pretty clean overall, but bathrooms could be a little cleaner. Overall, staff is great, location is nice, and would be a good place to stay in Taipei.

Sometimes people having party inside the kitchen is really noisy. Laundry service provided with TWD100 is too much and some more I lost some of my clothes. They have a not bad living hall indeed, but just not feeling warm.

everything was perfect ther is just one minus point: the cleanliness in the women shower facilities.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Where do I start, great location close to train and bus stations . Staff where so attentive so a big shout out to Janet & michael for making my stay great . rooms are cleaned everyday, big lounge area to chill with daily movies played and a kitchen to make your own food overall a great hostel will be back again next time in Taipei.

• 10th Mar 2015

For atmosphere I wanna give a 200%.. XD People here are really nice and especially it's both good for either you like quiet place or partying and fun. Because the rooms are seperated to the kitchen(where most people usually drinks or something) so visitors don't worry about it...And you have your own private locker with a key so.. I dont know what to finish this comment lol