The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

This is a great hostel, offering excellent value for money. Transport links are excellent (MTR subway plus overland train to the city nearest to Taroko National Park). Jen helped me greatly, essentially organising my whole trip, going over and above her duty to assist. Michael generated a great atmosphere for the guests. Legend plus history geek. Clean and secure, with a extensive range of information/resources on things to do in Taipei and the rest of Taiwan.

Such an amazing place that instantly felt like home. Friendly staff and very very safe. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook meals and really make it as comfortable as you want. I enjoyed the quiet and cleanliness especially the company of all the great staff members. The beds were comfortable and changed daily. Bathrooms and showers always clean. Overall great atmosphere and convenient from the subway trains.

This place is great for meeting other people in Taipei and making the trip as enjoyable and convenient as possible. The cleanliness of the place and the friendliness of the staff really made my trip enjoyable. The people here helped me and my friend get around the city. We had a great time and everyone was super friendly.

• 4th Feb 2015

Booked a bed at The a Meeting Place last minute and they sent me a welcome email almost immediately! Told them I was gonna arrive early and Michael was extremely nice about it! Clean beds, sheets, toilets, kitchen and they even provide towels for us. There's a huge common area with a big screen for movie screenings and even instruments if people wanna jam. Everyone at the hostel is friendly and super helpful! Janet gave me really good recommendations and Mitch and Michael are super cool dudes! I

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Singapore

The management was so kind and friendly. I immediately felt relaxed a and welcomed to this place. For my first fee hours in Taiwan, a great impression was made. A chill vibe. Free towels was a truly genius extra.

• 1st Feb 2015

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to rate us and leave your kind comments. Being called genius is always a good way to get on my good side :-) We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Taipei!

Was great

And it was great to have you here, be sure to visit again the next time you are in Taipei!

The place is very convenient The manager, Michael, is very funny and friendly. It is fun to be around him. :) The staffs there are generally very helpful, but I like Mitch the most. As I spends most of my time there around him and the chats with him makes me feel very comfortable, like a brother or something. :) Although is just a short few days but it is definitely unforgettable I hope I can go there again soon

Thank you very much for the comment and rating. We all look forward to seeing you again on yyour next trip to Taipei!

Chris and the gang made me feel super welcome here. Good common area and setup. Doin good things here.

Good cheap place. Very basic, not free tea coffee brekkie, etc. Clean. Dave was only a housekeeper but wound up being like the receptionist for me by answering all my questions. Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for your stay here. I am happy to say that we do indeed now offer free tea and coffee, however I apologise as this must not have been shown to you during your tour of our place. Hopefully you will be passing this way again and take advantage of the additional facilities!

I always like staying at your hostel. Michael especially is very great host and is always interacting and having fun with the other backpackers. Whether it's suggesting great places to go or drinking with us at night, he was a valuable part of my stay at the Meeting Place

Thanks for your kind comments and excellent rating! Best of luck from all of us with your future studies back home!

Wonderful stay at the hostel. Friendly host that we can always go to whenever we need help.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for the rating and comments!! We look forward to seeing you again in TMP as soon as possible!

It's amazing that meeting many people here especially Janet and Michael, all people here is really nice. Thanks x 100 times.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was just as great for us to meet you! Be sure to stay in touch and visit us again soon.

Average hostel with a big common room in the center. The staff were very knowledgeable and had plenty of info on the city, and were eager to help. Within walking distance of the MRT & Raohe night market.

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. It was a pleasure to mark the end of 2014 with you and we hope to see you again in 2015!

Good place for meeting new friends. But have to pay attention if you do not like too open and free space between men and women.

Great and friendly atmosphere! I felt comfortable instantly. Staff is great about helping you in any way. If you like meeting people while traveling abroad, I definitely reccomend The Meeting Place!

• 27th Dec 2014

Hey! It was a pleasure to meet the 2 of you over the holiday season. Be sure to like our FB page so we can all stay in touch in the future!

It was a little difficult to find, but I enjoyed staying there and the staff were nice,

Every time I'm in Taipei I stay here. I've stayed a few nights at AirBnB locations, above a coffee shop, and at other hostels and The Meeting Place is my FAVORITE. Easy-going, social, clean, friendly staff, and located close to the Songshan and Houshanpi MRT stations, The Meeting Place has it all. And a cat to play with! Wish I could have stayed even longer. You'll enjoy your stay here =)

Hey, thanks a million for your excellent rating. We miss playing cards with you all and hope to see you again soon!

The cost of the hostel gave me low expectations, but we got way more than we expected. We received great service, the location was perfect because it was next to one of the best night markets and everyone was friendly!!

Hey there, thanks for the excellent rating. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to see you again if you ever pass through Taipei!

Good location and easy to get to now that the new MRT line is open to SongShan station. Close to Raohe nightmarket and wufenpu. Hostel has a great atmosphere and as the name suggests, it's a great place to meet people!

Hi, thanks for your kind comments and brilliant rating! It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope to see you again in Taipei in the future! You'll always be welcome in TMP!!

There were many Americans teaching English and staying in Taipei. It seemed to me that the hostel was like a meeting place for them. I didn't see any Taiwanese unlike other hostels. Staff was nice, but guests staying there very long were not so friendly to short-term guests. Their location is close to MRT Songshan Station as well as Songshan Railway Station. Because this information was not provided by the hostel, I walked from Houshanqi, carrying heavy backpacks, and it was very tiring.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great time with us. However, I want to thank you for your feedback as we appreciate all comments which help us to improve our service. The issue with the directions from Houshanpi has been updated on our directions. This was because Songshan MRT station had only opened a few days prior to your arrival. I hope the next time you are in Taipei you will consider TMP to stay and I will strive to ensure you have an amazing stay!!