The Melting Pot Beach Hostel Malaga Reviews

Paseo del Pintor Joaquin Sorolla 30, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

This place was amazing! I stayed here for one night with a group of 5 and we had very little issues. We originally booked 3 separate rooms, but upon arrival reception was awesome and put us all into the same dorm. There are two bars and a restaurant and the family that owns the place is super friendly and super welcoming. They make you feel at home and like you've been with them for years.

• 15th Apr 2014

Only stayed a wuick night, but nice place. Good location by the beach. Nice patio out back.

the best hostel tremendous people working the fantastic dinner in a large roofed patio beach at 100m brilliant

Good hostel! Micky was very nice :) good atmosphere !

Very nice hostel right on the beach with very friendly staff. very easy to get to and from the city centre and airport with a bus that stops right outside the front door. the highlight for me was that they have a hostel guitar available for use

Good place. Excellent atmosphere and care

Close to the beach, which was awesome, but kind of far from city center. Overall pretty good though

• 30th Mar 2014

Nice area, nice people staying in the hostel, rude staff, a little overpriced for what it was, but an overall good experience. Who could have a bad time in Malaga?!

• 30th Mar 2014

The location was right on the beach which was lovely. However, my security locker didn´t have a door and there was only a sheet and a blanket to keep me warm at night. The room smelt bad, the shower was dirty, and my bed had unkown hair in it. I wouldn´t recommend it for a long term stay but for one night it worked. The staff was nice and helpful and there was a nice outdoor patio and kitchen area where meeting people was made easy.

I had a great time in the hostel, every night they do pub crawl and is superb! One staff to be admired most is Nico who multi tasks with jobs of receptionist and excellent cook, he prepares and serves every night amazing dishes like Paella, Mexican delicacies and cocktails drinks at moderate prices which is within backpackers changes in pocket!!!!! Not forgetting owner Pepe who simply loves to see his guests have a great time!!

Great location with being right next to the beach but a bit of a distance from the centre. The rooms didn't have locks so didn't feel terribly secure while I was sleeping as my roommates were constantly wandering in and out all night. From what I heard it's still the best out of the Malaga hostels though

Great Hostel for the price. It is located between two larger roads. So, unfortunately you get quite a lot of lights from the traffic thorugh your window at night. Also it is not very quiet because of this. The location is good, directly at the beach and not too far from the city center. I liked the well-equipped kitchen. The laundry facilities are ok but rather pricy. Breakfast is included and ok (a bit too sweet for my taste, though).

Quite disappointing. The facilities are old, bad taste and not well maintained.

• 4th Mar 2014

The location of the hostel was amazing, the beach is literally on your doorstep, and you're close to the city centre as well (about 20 min walk away - so the area around the hostel is also very clean and quiet). All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, as well as helpful. Will hihgly recommend this for the place to stay! :)

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Best thing here is the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff, spacious rooms with lots of light and air, hot showers. A bit tiring with the trafficky road between the hostel and the beach. Could use a bigger indoor common room with a couple of couches, some tidying/freshing up of the terrace, and a computer update (there was only one painfully slow one which you had to stand up to use, wifi also varying a bit in speed).

Had a REALLY good time here! Very nice staff and a perfect location directly at the beach. You walk around 15-20 min to the city. but it's a nice walk at the beach (and otherwise the buses are really cheap and frequent!). Breakfast: toast and cereals - so perfectly fine! Especially for that price!! A cheap supermarket is 5 min walking. The kitchen is fully equipped. I didn't like, that the doors had no lock, but there are lockers, so BYO! I felt really safe, anyway!

• 18th Feb 2014

Our first stay ever at hostel was at the Melting Pot. Didn't know what to expect but it seemed pretty good! Staff was super friendly and helpful.

This is my third stay at The Melting Pot, and I suppose that is indicative of how much I enjoy the place; wouldn't dream of looking for another hostel when I'm in Málaga. Fantastic location more or less ON the beach, and if you want to go to the city centre, it's a short bus ride (buses run all the time during the day) or a 20-minute stroll through a very nice neighbourhood. If you want to cook your own food, the hostel has a huge kitchen, and there is a supermarket only a couple of minutes away

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Norway

It didn't turn out to be as scary as some feedback made me believe, I didn't encounter pest or anything filthy. But a nuisance here is that only a few were able to speak English. Therefore I never knew if the dinner was free or not, no one tells you and if they do, they keep talking it in their own languages. I don't even know if these guys were Italian or Spanish. Didn't really feel like a hostel to me, if you are looking for that I would say give this a miss. But overall it was alright.

Awesome time I had there, mad props to Aga who was always there to help :D