The Melting Pot Beach Hostel Malaga Reviews

Paseo del Pintor Joaquin Sorolla 30, Malaga, Spain

We were in the basement. The beds were old and rickety, there was mold all over the bathroom walls and the stinch from mildew and mold was overwhelming. Really the most disgusting hostel I have ever set foot in.

First of all, i had taken a private room for my stay here. The bed is really pathetic and a pain. The room does not even have a table to keep our stuff like books,wallets. The bathroom is even more worse, door does not close properly, hot water doesnt work all the time. Only saving grace is the beach nearby.

• 15th May 2014
  • India

Didn't clean room every day! Was really dirty. Beds very hard and old! Staff was friendly but walked in the room anytime without asking! I would not chose this hostel again!

• 9th May 2014
  • Austria

The atmosphere was really nice and in the beginning I felt really welcome. The owner and some people from the staff were really nice! The location was right at the beach, but a little far from the center. The bed's were not comfortable, because you could feel the springs in the mattress and the shower was really dirty, one day they forgot to clean it so I had to ask. Also the staff (son of the owner) was walking in and out of the room all the time without knocking, what I think is really rude.

• 8th May 2014

Only there 1 night but had a great time so far with my mom. So close to the beach that it made me want to spend more time in Malaga. Staff is fun and very welcoming, definite stay again I'd say.

• 7th May 2014

Jorge y su hijo son maravillosos, acogedores! The Melting pot is just in front of the beach. 2 minutes max. Genial!

• 4th May 2014

Really like this hostel, great atmosphere, the terrace is fantastic, and it's right across the road from the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

I think the hostel is pretty good. I really liked the recycling bins in the kitchen :) We just need to encourage the guests to use them, instead of putting cans, plastic bottles in the toilet bin. Nico and don Jorge were very kind and friendly. Keep going! Cinthia

excellent stay

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Very good for a week-end at the beach. Just cross the street and you reach the sandy beach. City centre about 15-20min walk.

great hostel personal kind near the beach

Very welcoming team! Nice stay there. Good location with cheap prices and a nice breackfast.

That is the place you stay in Malaga. Period.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • India

At first there wasn't a bed for me so I was put in the staff's bedroom. I was fine with this but 10 mins later was taken up to one of the many spare beds. I wasn't given a key and baring in mind that the reception wasn't guarded every minute, anyone could've walked in to the room. The bed was so uncomfortable and very creaky. Just breathing deeply made it squeak. I know that it's just a hostel but i've stayed in quite a lot to know this wasn't good value. Staff in morning were great though.

Was not impressed with the whole hostel in general. I booked a 4 Bed Mixed Dorm En-suite which was one of two rooms connected together so the second room occupants had to pass through the first room and the bathroom was in the second room so the first room occupants had to go into the second room to access the bathroom. (At the very least call it an 8 Bed En-suite) There were also no keys for the door. I personally feel that this lacks privacy and security. It was also run down and quite dirty.

A good place to stay in Malaga. Value for money and friendly staff. Thanks Aga and Mickey!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

The staff are terrible. Despite showing Miguel (the receptionist) my reservation from hostelworld and an email from himself confirming the date we would arrive, he told me (without apology) that he had forgotten to write it down and the hostel was full so we could not stay. He arranged for us to stay in another hostel that ended up being 30 euros more expensive and when I asked him to pay the difference he refused saying 'what do you expect, it's Semana Santa' and was very rude. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 16th Apr 2014

Best location if you are a beachmaniac like me!! Surprisingly friendly staff, but English is not working well hear, you need advice? You need Spanish!

Miguel provided some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. First, he screwed up my friend's booking which included me and we ended up in a different hostel that was more expensive but were not compensated for the price difference. The next night when I actually did stay at this hostel, I tried using their computer and their internet wasn't working, I asked Miguel, and he said, "Don't ask me, I don't know internet." He didn't say sorry and did not even try to help. Outrageous.

• 16th Apr 2014

This place was amazing! I stayed here for one night with a group of 5 and we had very little issues. We originally booked 3 separate rooms, but upon arrival reception was awesome and put us all into the same dorm. There are two bars and a restaurant and the family that owns the place is super friendly and super welcoming. They make you feel at home and like you've been with them for years.