The Melting Pot Beach Hostel Malaga Reviews

Paseo del Pintor Joaquin Sorolla 30, Malaga, Spain

Very good for a week-end at the beach. Just cross the street and you reach the sandy beach. City centre about 15-20min walk.

great hostel personal kind near the beach

Very welcoming team! Nice stay there. Good location with cheap prices and a nice breackfast.

That is the place you stay in Malaga. Period.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • India

At first there wasn't a bed for me so I was put in the staff's bedroom. I was fine with this but 10 mins later was taken up to one of the many spare beds. I wasn't given a key and baring in mind that the reception wasn't guarded every minute, anyone could've walked in to the room. The bed was so uncomfortable and very creaky. Just breathing deeply made it squeak. I know that it's just a hostel but i've stayed in quite a lot to know this wasn't good value. Staff in morning were great though.

Was not impressed with the whole hostel in general. I booked a 4 Bed Mixed Dorm En-suite which was one of two rooms connected together so the second room occupants had to pass through the first room and the bathroom was in the second room so the first room occupants had to go into the second room to access the bathroom. (At the very least call it an 8 Bed En-suite) There were also no keys for the door. I personally feel that this lacks privacy and security. It was also run down and quite dirty.

A good place to stay in Malaga. Value for money and friendly staff. Thanks Aga and Mickey!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

The staff are terrible. Despite showing Miguel (the receptionist) my reservation from hostelworld and an email from himself confirming the date we would arrive, he told me (without apology) that he had forgotten to write it down and the hostel was full so we could not stay. He arranged for us to stay in another hostel that ended up being 30 euros more expensive and when I asked him to pay the difference he refused saying 'what do you expect, it's Semana Santa' and was very rude. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 16th Apr 2014

Best location if you are a beachmaniac like me!! Surprisingly friendly staff, but English is not working well hear, you need advice? You need Spanish!

Miguel provided some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. First, he screwed up my friend's booking which included me and we ended up in a different hostel that was more expensive but were not compensated for the price difference. The next night when I actually did stay at this hostel, I tried using their computer and their internet wasn't working, I asked Miguel, and he said, "Don't ask me, I don't know internet." He didn't say sorry and did not even try to help. Outrageous.

• 16th Apr 2014

This place was amazing! I stayed here for one night with a group of 5 and we had very little issues. We originally booked 3 separate rooms, but upon arrival reception was awesome and put us all into the same dorm. There are two bars and a restaurant and the family that owns the place is super friendly and super welcoming. They make you feel at home and like you've been with them for years.

The internet wasn't the best because it seemed as though they only have one router for 20 people. Location was right off the beach which was nice but it wasn't near much else. The staff was very nice and always tried to get the guests to have a good time. Overall, it was worth the pay.

• 14th Apr 2014

The perfect vacation spot. It is located right across from the beach, has free continental breakfast, & offers delicious, homemade lunches/ diners for 5-7 euros. They also have a bar & a patio to hangout outside! The rooms are normal, lots of bunk beds & a shared bathroom (cleaned everyday). The staff is VERY friendly, fun & helpful. It is a relaxing, peaceful Malaga vacation spot. A supermarket is 3 minutes away, so make sandwiches for the beach! But be prepared, the center is a 30 min. walk!

Only stayed a wuick night, but nice place. Good location by the beach. Nice patio out back.

A good 20min walk from the city centre but ideal if you want to be near the beach. The younger staff were very friendly and helpful but the senior staff seemed quite the opposite - miserable, unfriendly and unapproachable. I wondered why they worked in a hostel environment as they didnt seem to enjoy being there or interacting with people in a positive way. Very limited toilet/shower facilities can easily create frustrations as the hostel gets busier, several guests raised this issue.

the best hostel tremendous people working the fantastic dinner in a large roofed patio beach at 100m brilliant

Good hostel! Micky was very nice :) good atmosphere !

Very nice hostel right on the beach with very friendly staff. very easy to get to and from the city centre and airport with a bus that stops right outside the front door. the highlight for me was that they have a hostel guitar available for use

Good place. Excellent atmosphere and care

Close to the beach, which was awesome, but kind of far from city center. Overall pretty good though