The Melting Pot Beach Hostel Malaga Reviews

Paseo del Pintor Joaquin Sorolla 30, Malaga, Spain

Nice area, nice people staying in the hostel, rude staff, a little overpriced for what it was, but an overall good experience. Who could have a bad time in Malaga?!

• 30th Mar 2014

The staff were well below average. I felt like I was sleeping on a bed of pigs trotters. The door to the room was customarily left open. The bathroom facilities were minimal and dirty. The breakfast was bad bad bad. No, I will never stay here again, nor will I positively recommend it.

The location was right on the beach which was lovely. However, my security locker didn´t have a door and there was only a sheet and a blanket to keep me warm at night. The room smelt bad, the shower was dirty, and my bed had unkown hair in it. I wouldn´t recommend it for a long term stay but for one night it worked. The staff was nice and helpful and there was a nice outdoor patio and kitchen area where meeting people was made easy.

I had a great time in the hostel, every night they do pub crawl and is superb! One staff to be admired most is Nico who multi tasks with jobs of receptionist and excellent cook, he prepares and serves every night amazing dishes like Paella, Mexican delicacies and cocktails drinks at moderate prices which is within backpackers changes in pocket!!!!! Not forgetting owner Pepe who simply loves to see his guests have a great time!!

Great location with being right next to the beach but a bit of a distance from the centre. The rooms didn't have locks so didn't feel terribly secure while I was sleeping as my roommates were constantly wandering in and out all night. From what I heard it's still the best out of the Malaga hostels though

1 2 3 4 Next » last »