The Melting Pot Hostel Tanger Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

We basically got high and the staff were really good at putting up with us. They even booked us our boat tickets to Spain and told us of a really good restaurant nearby called Restaurant Kasbah. You should check that place out too for a mean feed!!!

This 0 ( zero ) is for the owner and not the staff... I have stayed at two locations which consisted of Tarifa and Tangier in which the rooms were very cold. Not only was the room cold in Tangier's, but I was located above the reception desk where much of the noise of the hostel was created. When I asked for the shouting to be halted in a clam voice, the owner came up to my room and told me that I could check in to a hotel. He and his friends created more noise at 4:40 am besides at 8:11 pm.

• 9th Jan 2014

The Melting Pot is a beautiful 4 storey building, with a good kitchen, amazing roof top terrace with views of the town and the ocean and Spain, and it also has wonderful areas to sit in and relax throughout the hostel. The staff are so helpful and friendly and really made our stay great. We felt very welcome! I would definitely recommend the Melting Pot.

really nice hostel! just watch the guy called simon or mose,i thought he was working with the hostel when he greeted me from the taxi at the hotel continental..goty scammed big time!

• 6th Jan 2014

Good value for the money.for single women it might feels A bit dodgy to walk there after dark. Very easy to find after one or two times around...

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Israel

Just wow with the night receptionist (guy w/ the glasses)! What an amazing person! Not only does he speak 4-5 languages fluently, but he also helped me out BIG time w/ transportation issues! Good, safe, affordable hostel; a must if on a budget and/or young!

Wasn't too impressed with Tangier, but the hostel was great. The staff were very helpful and it's a good place to socialize and meet other travelers.

The only budget accomodation in Tangier so it is a little pricey, but for one night it is perfect, staff and place are cool, if you get a taxi to the continental hotel in the evening , just get a local to show you to the dorr n give a tip of about 10 dirhams

Lovely! A very clean place, the facilities were excellent and I found the location to be very interesting too. They have a lovely terrace and a bar with a nice view. Definitely coming back this Autumn here! :)

Lively hostel with very dedicated staff and lots of character, lost in the medina but to me that is part of its charm. Great rooftop terrace and view. Main drawback are noisy, windowless rooms and slightly pricey rates.

helpful and friendly staff...nice breakfast..need more light on bathroom

I booked this hostel and then read some really bad reviews about the area - this had me worried. Let me assure you that this hostel is safe. We never had any problems with anyone hasseling us in the street. Yes there are groups of men/boys hanging out in the street - but this is Morocco - it's part of their culture and you will find this everywhere. They are not scary or unfriendly. Hostel was great - everything you need clean bed, hot showers and helpful staff :)

One of the worst hostels i've stayed in my 7 years of travel. Beds are highly uncomfortable, and forget about sleeping before 02:00 and after 06:00. There is no windows in the room so you cant breathe properly, and it smells like dirty socks. Not at all worth the money they are charging. They are doing renovations which is great, but using a drill at 11pm is not acceptable.

I rated this hostel a little bit over due to its facilities (much better than most hostels in Morocco). Despite some problems arising from the off-season activities such as maintenance/repair works, lack of atmosphere and annoying staffs with lack of communication and respect could disturb your stay/vacation. Other than that, during the right seasons it could be a pleasant stay.

We only stayed one night but it was a really good hostel and the staff organised our ferry tickets which was great, would recommend

Although difficult to find the first time, the location is fine, the staff really nice and the atmosphere great. There is a kitchen, so you can buy stuff and cook your own food. Nice terrace on the roof. If I come back to Tangier I would repeat the place!

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Spain

We loved it here. A member of staff came and met us from our taxi to guide us to the hostel... The small streets are quite confusing!! Lovely breakfast of fresh pancakes, jam and mint tea/or coffee. Lovely terrace up top with a great view and a small bar. Staff very polite and helpful, they even exchanged some euros for us :)

We found bedbugs in the room that we were staying in at the Melting Pot in Tanger. The staff let us change rooms, but we had concerns about the bedbugs for the rest of our trip. We heard that new people were put in the room we left with the bedbugs. I hope this didn't actually happen, but I'm doubtful because they put us in the room with bedbugs, despite previous problems with bedbugs there.

• 16th Nov 2013

First of all we want to clarify that our policy in cases like this is to block the dorm and not making the room avaiable until the problem is fixed. If you were located in that dorm it's because we weren't aware about the problem at that moment. We got immediatly in touch with a fumigation company and next day the problem was completely solved. We are sorry for all the inconvinience and we can ensure that it's fixed.

The staff at this hostel saved my life. I (stupidly) left my wallet there when I checked out and they went above and beyond to get it back to me. I can´t thank them enough!

• 16th Nov 2013

a good place to meet people has a friendly atmosphere with a nice bar/ terrace overlooking the city