The Melting Pot Hostel Tanger Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

NIce place, terrace with beautiful view, people are very helpful! Situated within the Medina, all places are close. Good, typical breakfast!

Arrived in the early morning as that's when our train arrived in the hope that we may be able to wait in the communal area until a more lively hour in the day however we (3 girls) were just told to come back at 2pm so were left wondering the streets of Tanger at 7am with no idea where to go! Apart from that, good friendly staff

I was thrilled once I found the Melting Pot. It took a little adventure to find it but upon arrival I was greeted, and told to wait while other travelers were being checked in which was comforting because I was happy to see other people checking in as well. Staff was helpful and facilities were great.

lovely staff, clean, safe hostel, great home base well located in amazing tangier!

We are three girls and stayed two nights and we absolutely loved it! The hostel is quite hard to find at first, but as its directly in the medina it is the perfect location once you discovered it ;) The rooms are simple but clean, they have small lockers and we always felt safe. The breakfast was good, it has free wifi and a rooftop terrace! The staff was really friendly and helpful, too. Overall we can totally recommend it and want to come back! Thank you guys :)

Hostel was fine, good location although a little tricky to find initially, lovely terrace with a good atmosphere. Personal lockers were provided in dorms free of charge which was great. My only word of advice would be to try and avoid sleeping in one of the ground floor rooms as it was incredibly noisy with people coming and going through the night, a minor gripe though! All in all a good hostel.

Really friendly and helpful Staff! Two of our party arrived late and the hostel was full so the host gave them a place to sleep at her apartment. So kind! Highly recommend this hostel.

Everything was excellent. Best hostel I stayed in Morocco!

This hostel was great. It was very clean, the staff were really helpful and the beds were comfy. The kitchen was big and breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again.

- awesome roof terrace - rooms simple but clean, bathroom dark but also clean

Very uneasy location. Did not feel safe. Smells extremely stuffy I believe they have a severe plumbing It smells verus moist and moldy because of it. Beds very u comfortable. Doors to room do not lock.

Hidden away in Tangiers' medina, the place can be a little bit difficult to find. A guide will take you there for a small fee though. The hostel itself is lovely, staff was very friendly and helpful. Facilities are clean, though you may have to wait for a while to take a shower if the place is fully booked (wasn't the case for us). Has a nice roof terrace!

This hostel is right inside the medina and has a fun, unique atmosphere. The bar/terrace is great. The staff is also very friendly and welcoming and I felt very comfortable here. Small cubbies with locks are provided which put everyone at ease and feeling free to explore the city. Stay here.

Second stay at the melting pot. Great hub for meeting other travelers. Nice kitchen. Terrace is good. Bar with shisha. Breakfast good.

Good starting point, but not really true morocco. More like an international hub in tangier as a jumping off point to meet other travelers and get drunk and stoned. The top 2 floors shut down at 12 which kind of sucks because it's the kind of hostel you want to stay up late at. The staff is really helpful and know everything about the city, but they seem a little worn down from dealing with all of the tourists.

• 14th May 2014

I had a great time here and I met some great people, including John!

this place was recommended to me by a few guest I met in fez. Its great. The dog there is adorable!! The manager is a cutie pie

Nice staff (although they're not usually at reception, you can ring them to come down) and a good location, but my door didn't lock. Breakfast was very average, just one type of bread and coffee or tea. Rooms were clean and comfortable though, so can't complain too much!

I had a private room and although it had a secure lock on it, it was open when I returned each day. However I could not fault anything else about the hostel.

• 4th May 2014
  • oliviagodber4125

It was awesome there, since the location is in between of the congested homes, but the view from the terris was awesome. Staffs were very friendly and helping. It is worth to choose.

• 3rd May 2014