The Melting Pot Hostel Tanger Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Nice hostel. Great free breakfast and terrace. They can organise a walking tour if you have at least 3 people interested. It was okay but at the end of the walking tour our guide asked us for more money than was already agreed on.

• 17th Apr 2014

I was extremely disappointed with my experience at this hostel and in Tangier. In fact, I left after several hours and headed back to Spain even though I had paid for the night. This hostel feels like one giant tourist trap. I took the guided tour and was passed off to 3 different people who took me into shops to get me to spend money instead of showing me the city. The exchange rate through the hostel is also less than the rest of Tangier, which caused me to also feel taken advantage of.

• 14th Apr 2014

This location is perfect! It's a quick 7 minute walk from the port and once you enter the city it has signs pointing to the melting pot! It's very quick and simple! My only complaint would be that it can be pretty noisy at night because there's an echo in the building. Staying on the first floor by reception is highly I recommended.

This was a great place to meet people if you are travelling alone. I stayed here for 4 nights and the only real downside was that it was the same breakfast, just some bread (from Morocco) and tea or coffee.

I only spent one night here but it was a very social hostel. I found plenty of people to hang out with and had a great chat over wine that night and breakfast the next morning. Staff is very friendly. I'm not a huge fan on Tangier as a city but I highly recommend this hostel.

Beautiful new hostel in the medina. Rooms are enough big with lockers. The staff is friendly and the rooftop is great with a nice view over the old town and the sea. They also provide beer and shisha. Definitely the best option if you stay a couple of days in Tanger!

Friendliest staff made us feel right at home straightaway and even gave us a lift to Asilah. Beautiful building with a fantastic terrace in a great location. Couldn't recommend The Melting Pot enough.

Very good social atmosphere and helpful staff. Wi-Fi is a little slow but otherwise facilities are among the best I've seen in Morocco.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent place to stay - loved the terrace up top. Great staff too!

Awesome hostel in a perfect location. The first time finding it was a bit scary because it was late at night, but the directions given were helpful and accurate. Great staff, AMAZING Moroccan breakfast, and the rooftop terrace is wonderful. Definitely would stay here again.

the plain and anonymous front door does nothing to prepare you for the delights within this atmospheric and authentically Moroccan property. Situated in the heart of The Medina and just 5 minutes from the Kasbah the location can't be beaten. Hostel staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. A treasure

Avoid the 4 beds room because is beside reception. Laundyr is amazing expensive. Good place to stay.

Overall great stay. We were a bit dissapointed with the walking tour of town with 'Ali' however, as we we ushered into touristy shops and then asked to pay 25 eu each (2 of us) at the end for two to three hrs which seemed very expensive. Will get more info before doing tnis next time

Great location, great atmosphere. Hostel has a lot of character. Some of the doors to the rooms were non traditional (like folding doors), so they weren't locked or shut most of the time. There also wasn't somebody who sat at the front desk 24/7. Otherwise I felt pretty safe, the staff were helpful, and the hostel was clean. The free breakfast was great to have included.

Great atmoshphere, very nice staff :)

Hard to find in the medina (but everything is, really), but worth it for the location and rooftop!

• 17th Feb 2014

Great atmosphere and good people work there. Very beaty hostel with backpackers from too many contries. Cozy!

Excellent hostel. Difficult to find, even though the directions are quite good. This is mostly the case in every moroccan city. Very helpful and staff. Great breakfast, very clean, met great people. Would definitely stay here again.

We had a great time staying with you guys. The bed was really comfortable and I really appreciated the cleanliness of the facilities. The front desk staff was helpful and very friendly.Would love to come back!

We basically got high and the staff were really good at putting up with us. They even booked us our boat tickets to Spain and told us of a really good restaurant nearby called Restaurant Kasbah. You should check that place out too for a mean feed!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3