The Melting Pot Hostel Tanger Reviews

Rue de Tsouli, 3 (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Loved the hostel. It was in a great location and was very clean and WARM (We stayed in December)! The view from the terrace is nice and they have a nice "lounge" area where you can drink tea and smoke hookah if you'd like. Plenty of space to relax and unwind from the stressful city!! As it is located in the Medina, it is a bit of a challenge to find but there are signs that point you in the direction of the hostel. Ignore the guys who try to walk you there, please! Also, staff were wonderful!!

Younes was the best! So kind and sweet and always ready to help with everything. One of the other staff members, however, was really unpleasant; he was rude and arrogant and treated people badly. The feel of the hostel was great. It was open and good places for people to hang out and meet each other. Good atmosphere. The free breakfast was really nice. I had the best few nights of sleep in this hostel in a long time. Super cozy.

Very helpful and friendly stuff. Super clean shower and toilets. I stayed on the ground floor, it was a bit noisy. The only problem was about wi-fi which was temporary thing i suppose. Recommended! :)

This is a hostel. For similar prices you will find beautifully decorated moroccan Riads and Dars with ensuite bathrooms. However for a budget-bed in Tanger it's sufficient. Very basic breakfast - nice view from the roof terrace. Helpful staff!

This is Morocco, so don't expect the same as Europe, but I rated it relative to recent stays in European hostels. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Miriam at the front desk. It is easy walking distance from the ferry port, but being in the medina expect to run the gauntlet of aggressive and persistent locals who want to "help" you find a different place to stay. Watch your head on entry - the door is very low. Expensive for what you get here, but saves you a taxi ride.

• 26th Nov 2014

Well located in the medina. The staff was nice enough to wait for me at night, even if I was 1,5 hour late because of the train. Limited amount of bathrooms, but never had a problem getting one that was free. Breakfast was good.

Didn't actually end up staying here, we missed our ferry to tangier from Tarifa, but the people at the hostel were extremely helpful in transfering our booking to the melting pot Tarifa, they organised everything for us! So helpful, cheers guys

thanks for the great service

This place basically has everything you want in a hostel - great location, lockers, wifi, clean showers toilets and bed. The free breakfast was nice, and having it on the terrace makes it even sweeter.

Nice place with a good terrace to chill on. Bathrooms are quite smelly but everything else is good. The staff are great.

Excellent stay and helpful staff!

The room smelled of paint and the door didn't close all the way. Also, the bookingprocess on website is very unclear, as I thought I had booked two double rooms, but apparently I had only booked two persons in one double room. So the price was also twice as much as expected. When I mentioned that the booking was rather vague, the staff kept insisting that it was not...

• 7th Nov 2014

Everything was pretty good, the rooftop was great! The wifi was a bit dodgey, but I think that's reflective of most hostels in Morocco. The lady on reception was great, but I found the man a bit rude and disinterested, and he wasnt very helpful. Great location though!

Great experience, great staff. My only complaint was that breakfast was the same every morning and very basic but other than that I had a good time =)

Great hostel,beer on the rooftops was a great way to meet people and chat. Louis the owner was very friendly and took us all out for tapas and showed us around at night! Definitely recommend this place.

Can't beat the location right in the heart of the medina, a 5 minute walk to the ferry terminal or the beach. Hostel was clean enough and the staff were very helpful, great relaxed atmosphere. Will gladly stay again if I am back in Tangier.

Stayed there for one night in the double room. Little bit overpriced for what you get. But the atmosphere was excellent and the location was really good. The roof terrace was really nice and they have beer voor 20 dirham.

Staff very friendly and helpful, roof terrace is amazing, great hostel and a good Moroccan vibe!

• 6th Oct 2014

It was a nice stay. The guys at the hostel werde ver friendly. We bought our ferry ticket at the hostel. The hostel is easy to find and the double room as well as the bathroom were clean. Enjoy the beautiful view from the rooftop!

Nice terrace and very good breakfast. Internet connection was ok while using wifi. Be ready for a lot of stairs:)). Hope we´ll come back once!

« first « Prev 1 2 3