The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

After 1 hour of staying in this hostel, you feel like you've found a new family! Seriously, the Hostel-Crew is doing everything for you to make the most of your time in Tarifa, the breakfast is insane, with eggs, toasts, vegetables and stuff and the kitchen is also quite good equiped, so you can cook in the hostel every night, if you have to save some money! Thumbs up, definitely not my last stay in meltingpot!

• 16th Oct 2014

One of my favourite hostels to visit. Beautiful location, clean & tidy hostel, amazing friendly staff. Thank you for having me! x

• 13th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing location right by the beach, along with a beautiful rooftop view. The people coming through the hostel were super cool and the staff was INCREDIBLE! So helpful and so much fun. It's worth coming to Tarifa just to stay here.

• 10th Oct 2014

Really good hostel with an awesome ambiance. I recommend it to all.

Handy to the old city and the ferry to Morocco. Cosy, friendly, fun.

Great place to stay. The staff are very welcoming and know all the best places in town to visit. Jonny in particular is great at guitar and his cooking is absolutely top-notch. For kitesurfing you will probably need a car to transport all your gear to the beach as it is a bit of a walk to the kite-surfing spots.

• 3rd Oct 2014

This hostel was great!! Great location , clean, nice rooftop( even if i didn t stay there too much :-) ). Staff was very helpful and make you feel like you re in your home. Thanks again Johnny for that nice dinner!!

The Melting Pot is a very nice hostel. I met a lot of good people the Stuff is also very nice spescially Jonny. I stayed 10 days there for kitsurfing its a good place to chill. Thans a lot Tarifa

Great location with less than 5 min walk to both center and beach. Great stuff, comfy beds, clean hostel and cool crowd. Only suggestion to improve is to change these sliding doors for bathroom and shower.

Great Hostel, great staff!

Lives up to its name; I met lots of cool travellers from around the world here. A good thing too, as there are many things that let this place down; broken showers, not enough toilets, no locks on some of them! Some locks on dorms did not work either. The wifi was useless. Bunk beds were very loose and unstable. Generally untidy and poorly kept. The staff were pleasant enough, but more interested in smoking, often abandoning the reception desk. I didn't feel overly safe or comfortable here.

It's was a great stay here. Just wanted to stay 2 days, but I doubled the time. I would even have stayed longer, but my flight was going. It's also near to the great beach and near to the old town of Tarifa. It's very easy to meet people there. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful.

The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make my time here special and feeling like home, thanks jhonny

Great atmosphere at hostel, lovely terrace and very helpful staff would definately recommend.

I had a perfect stay at Melting Pot Hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Within short time I felt like part of the "family" and it was like being home. Everything is very clean. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook your own meals, which I think is great. If you don't want to hang out in the comfy common room you can chill outside on the roof terrace - how awesome is that? I do highly reccomend this place - I will definetely come back!

We really appreciated the warmly, friendly and helpful welcome by the staff. We were satisfied with our room and the facilities which include a terrace on the rooftop from where you can perceive the coast of Africa. A booking includes even the breakfast. The Hostel is very well located, you reach the centre by feet in a few minutes and the rooms aren't along the mainstreet which means that you won't get disturbed by the traffic noise. We really liked the atmosphere in the Hostel and recommend it

What a great hostel! Perfect location- just a few minutes walk from the beach. Nice facilities with a big kitchen, comfortable hang-out areas, and a pretty rooftop terraza. Super friendly staff and good atmosphere among the other travelers. Make sure you go to Chilimosa vegetarian restaurant (even if you're not a veg!) just a few minutes away- delicious! I will definitely stay at the Melting Pot again.

Nice hostel, great location, close to the beach and center, helpfull staff. Kitchen and breakfast were nice, but one toilet on the floor was a joke. Other then that highly recommended.

Return trip to Tarifa. It was well worth it. Everyone is really helpful and the hostel is really clean! I enjoyed my time here. Special mention to Jhonny who made my stay extra awesome.

Just one thing to mention. I booked a twin room and the twin room means two beds and not a bunk bed. The bunk bed was a surprise for us but we-me and my brother-are a well travelled persons so we could deal with it. But it would be correct if you would advertise the bunk-bed as a bunk bed and not as a two separated bed. Apart from that everything was perfect-especially the staff.

• 29th Aug 2014