The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

The Melting Pot was so far one of my favorite hostels in Spain! The staff is really nice and helpful and the atmosphere is awesome!

• 9th Jul 2014

Stayed for 6 nights. Great relaxed place ideally located close to the beach and town. Really enjoyed my stay here especially on the great rooftop patio

There was something off about the atmosphere in this place. The staff was a bit closed off to the clients. Cool kitchen with free coffee!

This hostel was great and exactly what we needed after a hectic week in Morocco, the guy working there was real friendly and the place was right near the beach and old town, Unfortunatly we only had 1 night here, but Tarifa is definitely somewhere to go back to and We would definitely stay here again.

Great value for the money spent. Our group of 8 reserved a whole room (8 beds) for 4 nights and didn't have any problems. The staff at the front desk were very helpful, and gave us a map marked with recommended restaurants, bars, and beaches. Our room was cleaned daily, and any valuables we had were locked in lockers in our room. The hostel is in a great location, within a five minute walk of the beach, stores, or the old city. Would definitely stay there again.

• 26th Jun 2014

Great place. Would be nice to have somewhere to hang out after midnight instead of being forced to bed like summer camp.

The dorms are very small and the beds are very uncomfortable. The toilets and showers dont actually give you the privacy you would expect, big hole in the wall going to the other toilet and no real doors, just slidedoors without a lock. The overall atmosphere in the hostel was also poor, not a nice place to hang out at.

The location is quite good indeed. The things that bothered were the arrogant bloke at the reception (some italian guy) and part of the faclity. In the bathroom you can barely lock the door. At that particular moment, there was a single available toilet in the whole hostel. The guy itself, would not comment at all.

Nice hostel in a good localisation with friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. Perfect place for summer holidays.

Great place,hard to sleep rooms a too bright let in too much street lights. But great relaxed atmosphere.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Each time something was missing, they were basically running to help us. They also had plenty of good advises about things to do in the area. The hostel looks more like a house than a common hostel, the kitchen was really nice as well as the breakfast offered. The only negative point is the 2 toilets for the full hostel. I spent a week there and had to wait 2,3 times to go to the bathroom.

I have stayed in many hostels around the world and this one is tied for first! Amazing staff and facilities. Great ambiance from the moment you step through the door.

Great place in Tarifa, close to the amazing beach. First time I stayed in a melting pot hostel but not the last. Good value.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

It was a lovely stay. The staff was lovely and one of them was impressively multilingual. All the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms and the kitchen. There was a good and ample selection of breakfast and just a generally nice atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel

• 11th Jun 2014

Great little hostel 5mins from the beach a lot of activities to offer! Great stay

it was such a great place to stay at

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

Really social atmosphere which was great. However, there's only ONE bathroom (toilet/shower) for the entire ground floor, so expect lines at times. Self-service breakfast was good. Prime location, 3-5 minute walk between beach and ferry station (to Morocco).

Great service and atmosphere

Loved the hostel - friendly staff, friendly atmosphere and very clean. My only concern was the lockers- they were made of wood and would take just a moment to break open the locks.

This hostel has a lot of potential to be great. Most of the people that work there, in particular the woman that manages the hostel, are very nice and hospitable. I loved the view from the terrace and the cat! There's one staff member that dropped the review to 'Average' for me. I also may have had a potential issue with bed bugs during my stay. We were never able to find any bugs, but this is the only hostel where I woke up not just one, but two mornings in a row, with bites on my arms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3