The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

We really appreciated the warmly, friendly and helpful welcome by the staff. We were satisfied with our room and the facilities which include a terrace on the rooftop from where you can perceive the coast of Africa. A booking includes even the breakfast. The Hostel is very well located, you reach the centre by feet in a few minutes and the rooms aren't along the mainstreet which means that you won't get disturbed by the traffic noise. We really liked the atmosphere in the Hostel and recommend it

What a great hostel! Perfect location- just a few minutes walk from the beach. Nice facilities with a big kitchen, comfortable hang-out areas, and a pretty rooftop terraza. Super friendly staff and good atmosphere among the other travelers. Make sure you go to Chilimosa vegetarian restaurant (even if you're not a veg!) just a few minutes away- delicious! I will definitely stay at the Melting Pot again.

Nice hostel, great location, close to the beach and center, helpfull staff. Kitchen and breakfast were nice, but one toilet on the floor was a joke. Other then that highly recommended.

Return trip to Tarifa. It was well worth it. Everyone is really helpful and the hostel is really clean! I enjoyed my time here. Special mention to Jhonny who made my stay extra awesome.

Just one thing to mention. I booked a twin room and the twin room means two beds and not a bunk bed. The bunk bed was a surprise for us but we-me and my brother-are a well travelled persons so we could deal with it. But it would be correct if you would advertise the bunk-bed as a bunk bed and not as a two separated bed. Apart from that everything was perfect-especially the staff.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Amazing atmosphere as it's full of people from around the world, and the staff are also very international. Excellent location close to the city centre, beach and bus station. The only downside if you're as sleep-deprived as I was is that it's quite loud in the evening until late. But definitely my favourite hostel I visited in Andalucia.

I loved staying at The Melting Pot hostel because it was very close to the beach and the atmosphere was just amazing. Unfortunately, my dorm had to be closed because of bedbugs which is not the hostel's or staff's fault but really sucked... and the water pressure of the showers upstairs is pretty ridiculous!!

Unbelievable that such a hostel could go on existing, especially given the availability of only ONE toilet on the first and main floor...beyond imagination.

The staff ran around because they were busy and wanted above all have fun themselves. The bed was not really super and the breakfast was not much. It's quite a nice place but everything is very outdated. The beach is close.

The rooms were sparse, but adequate. Lockers in the room were a great idea. I didn't realize I signed up for a mixed dorm and a man joined our group of women around bedtime, but he was nice and left early so it all worked out.

it turned into a prison at night it was AWFUL. I would come back from bars

• 27th Jul 2014

We've been very happy with our stay in this hostel. The breakfast is included in the price and they even provide eggs. The employees were very nice and all speak at least four languages. The bathroom situation would be the point that has to be worked on: there are only two bathrooms for the whole floor (including many bedrooms) and only one of them has a toilet in it (the other one contains only a sink and a shower). The water in the shower is also cold half of the time.

• 27th Jul 2014

Nice backpackers hostal, very nice staff who wanted to explain a lot! They even recommended us a very good hostal in the centre because they were full the next night. Breakfast was very nice with eggs and bread and marmelade. The atmosphere was nice and great to meet people. Good dorm with nice bathroom ensuite. It was not in the centre but still very close by!

We really liked this hostel. Our room and the shared bathroom were very clean and the staf was really friendly. The hostel is close to the beach and town centre.

friendy staff; not enough showers and toilettes; cheapest Hostel I found in Tarifa and therefore good Value for Money

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The Melting Pot was so far one of my favorite hostels in Spain! The staff is really nice and helpful and the atmosphere is awesome!

• 9th Jul 2014

Stayed for 6 nights. Great relaxed place ideally located close to the beach and town. Really enjoyed my stay here especially on the great rooftop patio

There was something off about the atmosphere in this place. The staff was a bit closed off to the clients. Cool kitchen with free coffee!

I absolutley loved Tarifa and this hostel was wonderful, staff very friendly, excellent location, nice atmosphere, cant fault it really. Would definitly stay there again.

for me it´s the hostel with the best atmosphere of all the hostels i´ve known.nice staff,no problems with anything,always helpful,no complaints at all.