The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Andalucia, Spain

Great small hostel, I would stay again. It just needs a couple more bathrooms and toilets. Luckily it was pretty quiet when I was there so it wasn't an issue.

• 25th Nov 2013

One of the best hostels, I´ve ever seen! So beautiful, friendly stuff and really clean!

The hostel cat sets the tone for this place - relaxed and chilled out. The hostel has a good kitchen (although no oven) and common room and is really social with a good mix of kitesurfers, people traveling on to Africa, and those just in Tarifa to relax. It is well located close to the beach and the centre of town. I had a great stay.

The staff were excellent - very welcoming and well organised. They could even organise our ferry tickets for us.

Awesome small place. Its a small town so its close to everything. Easy place to meet new people

Upon arriving, I was greeted by the friendly staff and rapidly assisted with the questions of orientation I had regarding the city. The atomsphere was very amiable, truly making for a Melting Pot of different cultures, from foreign to local. I had a blast at the hostel and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The terrace on top of the building is a sight to see and a place worthy of putting one in the air, ya dig.

Cute kitchen for cooking meals, great little roof top terrace, good wifi, friendly staff, and minutes walk from both the beach and the old town/bars/restaurants/shopping. Only problem, bed bugs in my room :( Staff were extremely apologetic, offered to pay for treatment, and closed off the room for fumigation. It was actually a great little hostel and would definitely recommend it so long as this issue had been dealt with.

Location is great, and the terrace and common areas are comfortable. Breakfast could have been better. At least some bread other than white would have been good.

The Melting Pot is a great place to stay if you plan to visit Tarifa. I only stayed one night on my way to Morocco, but found this hostel to be very good. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable and they were there to assist with any questions i had (they also booked my ferry ticket for me to cross over to Morocco). The rooftop is a great for hanging out and making new friends, and the beach is an easy 5min walk down the road. Its also very easy to find from the bus station.

Close to ferry terminal, far from bus station. Breakfast very unexciting. Can probably get better value for money elsewhere, though staff were nice and rooms were very clean.

1 2 Next » last »