The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

The Melting Pot is a very nice hostel. I met a lot of good people the Stuff is also very nice spescially Jonny. I stayed 10 days there for kitsurfing its a good place to chill. Thans a lot Tarifa

Great location with less than 5 min walk to both center and beach. Great stuff, comfy beds, clean hostel and cool crowd. Only suggestion to improve is to change these sliding doors for bathroom and shower.

Great Hostel, great staff!

Lives up to its name; I met lots of cool travellers from around the world here. A good thing too, as there are many things that let this place down; broken showers, not enough toilets, no locks on some of them! Some locks on dorms did not work either. The wifi was useless. Bunk beds were very loose and unstable. Generally untidy and poorly kept. The staff were pleasant enough, but more interested in smoking, often abandoning the reception desk. I didn't feel overly safe or comfortable here.

It's was a great stay here. Just wanted to stay 2 days, but I doubled the time. I would even have stayed longer, but my flight was going. It's also near to the great beach and near to the old town of Tarifa. It's very easy to meet people there. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful.

The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make my time here special and feeling like home, thanks jhonny

Great atmosphere at hostel, lovely terrace and very helpful staff would definately recommend.

I had a perfect stay at Melting Pot Hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Within short time I felt like part of the "family" and it was like being home. Everything is very clean. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook your own meals, which I think is great. If you don't want to hang out in the comfy common room you can chill outside on the roof terrace - how awesome is that? I do highly reccomend this place - I will definetely come back!

We really appreciated the warmly, friendly and helpful welcome by the staff. We were satisfied with our room and the facilities which include a terrace on the rooftop from where you can perceive the coast of Africa. A booking includes even the breakfast. The Hostel is very well located, you reach the centre by feet in a few minutes and the rooms aren't along the mainstreet which means that you won't get disturbed by the traffic noise. We really liked the atmosphere in the Hostel and recommend it

What a great hostel! Perfect location- just a few minutes walk from the beach. Nice facilities with a big kitchen, comfortable hang-out areas, and a pretty rooftop terraza. Super friendly staff and good atmosphere among the other travelers. Make sure you go to Chilimosa vegetarian restaurant (even if you're not a veg!) just a few minutes away- delicious! I will definitely stay at the Melting Pot again.

Nice hostel, great location, close to the beach and center, helpfull staff. Kitchen and breakfast were nice, but one toilet on the floor was a joke. Other then that highly recommended.

Return trip to Tarifa. It was well worth it. Everyone is really helpful and the hostel is really clean! I enjoyed my time here. Special mention to Jhonny who made my stay extra awesome.

Just one thing to mention. I booked a twin room and the twin room means two beds and not a bunk bed. The bunk bed was a surprise for us but we-me and my brother-are a well travelled persons so we could deal with it. But it would be correct if you would advertise the bunk-bed as a bunk bed and not as a two separated bed. Apart from that everything was perfect-especially the staff.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Amazing atmosphere as it's full of people from around the world, and the staff are also very international. Excellent location close to the city centre, beach and bus station. The only downside if you're as sleep-deprived as I was is that it's quite loud in the evening until late. But definitely my favourite hostel I visited in Andalucia.

I loved staying at The Melting Pot hostel because it was very close to the beach and the atmosphere was just amazing. Unfortunately, my dorm had to be closed because of bedbugs which is not the hostel's or staff's fault but really sucked... and the water pressure of the showers upstairs is pretty ridiculous!!

Unbelievable that such a hostel could go on existing, especially given the availability of only ONE toilet on the first and main floor...beyond imagination.

The staff ran around because they were busy and wanted above all have fun themselves. The bed was not really super and the breakfast was not much. It's quite a nice place but everything is very outdated. The beach is close.

The rooms were sparse, but adequate. Lockers in the room were a great idea. I didn't realize I signed up for a mixed dorm and a man joined our group of women around bedtime, but he was nice and left early so it all worked out.

it turned into a prison at night it was AWFUL. I would come back from bars

• 27th Jul 2014

We've been very happy with our stay in this hostel. The breakfast is included in the price and they even provide eggs. The employees were very nice and all speak at least four languages. The bathroom situation would be the point that has to be worked on: there are only two bathrooms for the whole floor (including many bedrooms) and only one of them has a toilet in it (the other one contains only a sink and a shower). The water in the shower is also cold half of the time.

• 27th Jul 2014