The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

Great place,hard to sleep rooms a too bright let in too much street lights. But great relaxed atmosphere.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Each time something was missing, they were basically running to help us. They also had plenty of good advises about things to do in the area. The hostel looks more like a house than a common hostel, the kitchen was really nice as well as the breakfast offered. The only negative point is the 2 toilets for the full hostel. I spent a week there and had to wait 2,3 times to go to the bathroom.

I have stayed in many hostels around the world and this one is tied for first! Amazing staff and facilities. Great ambiance from the moment you step through the door.

Great place in Tarifa, close to the amazing beach. First time I stayed in a melting pot hostel but not the last. Good value.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

It was a lovely stay. The staff was lovely and one of them was impressively multilingual. All the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms and the kitchen. There was a good and ample selection of breakfast and just a generally nice atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel

• 11th Jun 2014

Great little hostel 5mins from the beach a lot of activities to offer! Great stay

it was such a great place to stay at

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

Really social atmosphere which was great. However, there's only ONE bathroom (toilet/shower) for the entire ground floor, so expect lines at times. Self-service breakfast was good. Prime location, 3-5 minute walk between beach and ferry station (to Morocco).

Great service and atmosphere

Loved the hostel - friendly staff, friendly atmosphere and very clean. My only concern was the lockers- they were made of wood and would take just a moment to break open the locks.

This hostel has a lot of potential to be great. Most of the people that work there, in particular the woman that manages the hostel, are very nice and hospitable. I loved the view from the terrace and the cat! There's one staff member that dropped the review to 'Average' for me. I also may have had a potential issue with bed bugs during my stay. We were never able to find any bugs, but this is the only hostel where I woke up not just one, but two mornings in a row, with bites on my arms.

A great place. Clean, chill and close to the beach and town

Hostel is ideally located if you want to do a day trip to Morocco. Close to the beach and other amenities as well. Relaxed atmosphere.

One of the best, most charming, most relaxing and most fun hostels I stayed in in Spain! I can strongly recommend it!!

Helpful staff, great rooftop, fun, friendly, active people, close to ferry and to downtown.

overrated. thought it was gonna be amazing with 1000+ reviews over 90% but it was just okay. i liked the big and free locker, floor towels, hand soap, terrace, location, and large kitchen. didn't like the beds, small amount of bathrooms, boring breakfast, or all the "do this do that" signs everywhere.

I didn’t like this hostel very much. Staff didn’t seem particularly motivated, and when I arrived it took almost half an hour till someone appeared at the reception desk and checked me in. The hostel was also not very clean. The only thing I liked about it was the location, very close to the center of Tarifa. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this hostel though.

Had the most amazing time there, everyone was wonderful and friendly. Great staff, great atmosphere.

Our days at The Melting Pot were good speaking generally. But there were some issues that I would like to comment. Mattresses weren't good at all (I had back pain during all the days over there) as well as bunk beds, their movement were suprisingly amazing (as if you were in a crib!). Breakfast is really simple: coffee, bread, butter and mermelade. There is only one WC upstairs, and 2 showers for at least 15 people (queue all the time).

You could have told us directly that your bunk bed was not stable. We just took a look at your comment and actually screws of the bed were a bit unscrewed... Regarding the mattresses we are sorry that they not satisfied you, yet they are new and you're the first person who gave us this kind of observation. There are five dorms in the hostel, and five bathrooms, we do not understand your calculation.

The receptionist (forget his name from Italy) was very friendly and patient with me. I also got injured at the beach and he was very helpful and accommodating with me. Great location, close to the beach, the pier, and the old quarter of Tarifa. I would come back!