The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

I stayed only one night, but it was a very nice atmosphere, and you get to know people quite quickly...

Nice hostel near to the port and the old town of Tarifa. Breakfast was included. Nicest guy who worked there was definitly Loris.

The Melting Pot was an awesome place to stay! The moment I walked in, I was amazed with how relaxed and 'at home' I felt. Uday, one of the staff members, was playing Spanish guitar, quite well I might add, which immediately made me feel welcome in a laid back, relaxed environment. I was only meant to stay 2 nights but ended up staying 4 because I liked it so much. The staff were very helpful with anything that I needed, so I would recommend the Melting Pot for your stay in Tarifa.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Really nice location amd really nice rooftop terrace! Breakfast included and staff was really kind!

After 1 hour of staying in this hostel, you feel like you've found a new family! Seriously, the Hostel-Crew is doing everything for you to make the most of your time in Tarifa, the breakfast is insane, with eggs, toasts, vegetables and stuff and the kitchen is also quite good equiped, so you can cook in the hostel every night, if you have to save some money! Thumbs up, definitely not my last stay in meltingpot!

• 16th Oct 2014

One of my favourite hostels to visit. Beautiful location, clean & tidy hostel, amazing friendly staff. Thank you for having me! x

Amazing location right by the beach, along with a beautiful rooftop view. The people coming through the hostel were super cool and the staff was INCREDIBLE! So helpful and so much fun. It's worth coming to Tarifa just to stay here.

• 10th Oct 2014

The hostel is near to the beach as well as to the city centre of Tarifa. What I liked about this hostel is its atmosphere, the huge kitchen and the living room make it easy to connect to people and in the evenings you all get together there. The staff is very helpful and nice and you have a spectacular view to Marrocco from the roof top terrace. Recommendable.

Really good hostel with an awesome ambiance. I recommend it to all.

My sister and I loved our stay at Melting Pot Hostel. Simple, clean, well located and well run. Now there are 2 toilets upstairs and 1 downstairs. The common room and the kitchen are a plus. Special thanks to Otmane and Houday for the good restaurants advice and helping us to catch our ferry to Tangiers (plus the great laughs).

Handy to the old city and the ferry to Morocco. Cosy, friendly, fun.

Great place to stay. The staff are very welcoming and know all the best places in town to visit. Jonny in particular is great at guitar and his cooking is absolutely top-notch. For kitesurfing you will probably need a car to transport all your gear to the beach as it is a bit of a walk to the kite-surfing spots.

• 3rd Oct 2014

This hostel was great!! Great location , clean, nice rooftop( even if i didn t stay there too much :-) ). Staff was very helpful and make you feel like you re in your home. Thanks again Johnny for that nice dinner!!

The Melting Pot is a very nice hostel. I met a lot of good people the Stuff is also very nice spescially Jonny. I stayed 10 days there for kitsurfing its a good place to chill. Thans a lot Tarifa

Great location with less than 5 min walk to both center and beach. Great stuff, comfy beds, clean hostel and cool crowd. Only suggestion to improve is to change these sliding doors for bathroom and shower.

Great Hostel, great staff!

Lives up to its name; I met lots of cool travellers from around the world here. A good thing too, as there are many things that let this place down; broken showers, not enough toilets, no locks on some of them! Some locks on dorms did not work either. The wifi was useless. Bunk beds were very loose and unstable. Generally untidy and poorly kept. The staff were pleasant enough, but more interested in smoking, often abandoning the reception desk. I didn't feel overly safe or comfortable here.

It's was a great stay here. Just wanted to stay 2 days, but I doubled the time. I would even have stayed longer, but my flight was going. It's also near to the great beach and near to the old town of Tarifa. It's very easy to meet people there. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful.

The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make my time here special and feeling like home, thanks jhonny

Great atmosphere at hostel, lovely terrace and very helpful staff would definately recommend.