The Melting Pot Hostel Tarifa Reviews

Calle Turriano Gracil, 5, Tarifa, Spain

Hostel is ideally located if you want to do a day trip to Morocco. Close to the beach and other amenities as well. Relaxed atmosphere.

One of the best, most charming, most relaxing and most fun hostels I stayed in in Spain! I can strongly recommend it!!

Helpful staff, great rooftop, fun, friendly, active people, close to ferry and to downtown.

overrated. thought it was gonna be amazing with 1000+ reviews over 90% but it was just okay. i liked the big and free locker, floor towels, hand soap, terrace, location, and large kitchen. didn't like the beds, small amount of bathrooms, boring breakfast, or all the "do this do that" signs everywhere.

I didn’t like this hostel very much. Staff didn’t seem particularly motivated, and when I arrived it took almost half an hour till someone appeared at the reception desk and checked me in. The hostel was also not very clean. The only thing I liked about it was the location, very close to the center of Tarifa. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this hostel though.

Had the most amazing time there, everyone was wonderful and friendly. Great staff, great atmosphere.

Our days at The Melting Pot were good speaking generally. But there were some issues that I would like to comment. Mattresses weren't good at all (I had back pain during all the days over there) as well as bunk beds, their movement were suprisingly amazing (as if you were in a crib!). Breakfast is really simple: coffee, bread, butter and mermelade. There is only one WC upstairs, and 2 showers for at least 15 people (queue all the time).

You could have told us directly that your bunk bed was not stable. We just took a look at your comment and actually screws of the bed were a bit unscrewed... Regarding the mattresses we are sorry that they not satisfied you, yet they are new and you're the first person who gave us this kind of observation. There are five dorms in the hostel, and five bathrooms, we do not understand your calculation.

The receptionist (forget his name from Italy) was very friendly and patient with me. I also got injured at the beach and he was very helpful and accommodating with me. Great location, close to the beach, the pier, and the old quarter of Tarifa. I would come back!

Cleanliness of this hostel is great due to the fact that cleaning starts from 5.30am. Staff do not seem to realise that people are sleeping. 3 mornings there I was woken at 6. There are only 3 showers and 2 toilets for the entire hostel. These toilets are also in the shower rooms. So if you like being woken up very early and queuing for the toilet/shower then book now. I won't be going back!

• 14th Apr 2014

very nice hostel and only 3 min away from the beach! really enjoyed my stay and met a lot of wonderful people there... hostel was always clean and the staff very friendly. I'll definitely recommend this hostel

it was okay all in all, but several things I didnt like hat much, e.g. there are only few toilets and they are inside of the showers so you cannot use them while someone is showering, you have to wait long for toasting your bread, as there is only one toaster and the community areas are closing at 12. The personal varies, some are really nice, helpful but others not that much. So an everage evaluation. But all in all it was nice.

This hostel just tells you what you're NOT allowed to do...

Lovely and affordable, nice view and extremely friendly staff.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel - super friendly staff and lovely kitchen!

Best feature is the rooftop terrace with sun loungers. Amazing! But I found the atmosphere a little weird the night I stayed there. Wasn't quite friendly or cozy enough for my liking

1 2 3 Next » last »