The Metropole Reviews

High Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

I've been there only for one night for visit kilkenny but I found a very nice and friendly staff, a nice bar-restourant with good food open during all the day and a confortable room. Quite and friendly, I really suggest it.

• 12th Nov 2014

I did not have the best experience here. While the staff are very nice, and the bar downstairs is cool, the rooms are very cold, the beds are uncomfortable, and the shower never gets hot, which is a deal breaker for me. There was also no one around to check me out in the morning, and I got locked out of the building when I tried to return a little later to check out. Over all, not good.

This hostel is very small with only one floor of rooms. It is connected to a pub which has awesome service and the boss man is great! They gave us a great rate on our rooms! Location is close to all the pubs and night clubs and just a walk from the castle. There is no front desk or common room or kitchen. Wifi only works in the pub and the doors are all locked by a code. The atmosphere was pretty chill tho and we enjoyed our experience!

Great place at the center of Kilkenny. The staff was extremely nice and helpful food was very good also. We would definatley recommend on the metropole.

The Met is right in the center of Kilkenny which means you save a fortune on taxis you would need if you stayed in out of town B&B's. The management and staff bend over backwards to help whenever they can, they are all friendly, courteous and most helpful. The bar has a wonderful traditional atmosphere which retains all the charm of a bygone age while providing service second to none, with live music most nights of the week you will not be disapointed with an evening in. All at the right price.

Rooms were dirty, bath tub looked obscene, no bin in the room, paperhangings not really fixed and seemed to come down. Toilets did not work for hours and nobody told us about, no discount offered. But the pub downstairs was absolutely nice and food tasted very good.

stuff not friendly, atmosphere not fun. better off to go any other place

Nice staff and rooms (with free tea/coffee in the room) and close enough to go by foot to everywhere.

The staff at this place made our stay absolutely amazing and were very friendly. They helped us with everything we needed for our trip, and the location is excellent. Highly recommend!

It needs a complete refurbishment. It's ok if you just want to spend a night but the mattress is not comfortable, the bathroom is scary (old, mouldy, ) and the walls really need to be renewed. We stayed in a double room and the room size was excellent. The staff really friendly and served a toast and coffee for breakfast.

Walls, floors and ceilings in very poor condition: Hole in the floor in the bathroom, plaster falling from the walls, mold on the walls and ceiling

I thought the location of the hostel in relation to easy accessibilty of pubs, clubs, resturants, shops ect. is excellent