The Metropole Reviews

High Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

Walls, floors and ceilings in very poor condition: Hole in the floor in the bathroom, plaster falling from the walls, mold on the walls and ceiling

I thought the location of the hostel in relation to easy accessibilty of pubs, clubs, resturants, shops ect. is excellent

In our private bathroom, the wallpaper was pealing down the wall and behind, there was black MOULD. All around the bath tub and on the shower curtain, there was mould, too. The bedroom was also not clean. I don't recommend this hostel. It's the worst we had on our trip through Ireland. Breakfast was served randomly. We stayed two nights. The first morning we get breakfast, the second morning there was no breakfast. They shouldn't offer it if they don't manage to serve it.

absolute kip of a place! Iv stayed in hundres of hostels around the world and i would safely safe this is the worst i have ever been too. Arrived into the hostel and was over charged and told i had to pay the money i had already paid to secure my reservaton. Staff were rude. The rooms were stinking - Cigarette ashes left all around the windows- Shower didn't always work. Bed was comfy enough. The place was really noisy at night. Didn't like the feel of the place at all.Don't go!

Very very basic room, with no soap, shower gel, toilet roll. Water was freezing cold in shower, & when turned to hot, the water stopped. Great location though!!!

• 29th Mar 2014

The owner is really nice and friendly as well as the rest of the staff, the problems came along with the room, locks wouldn't work in the room or bathroom. No common room to meet other people. Breakfast was good, the same as you would get in any other hostel. Near everything there is to see and do in Kilkenny. It's a good option if you're on a budget.

Basic but clean and staff were nice and friendly. Location was good and very good value for money!

• 15th Mar 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE! The staff are nice but that's the only good thing here. My room was grimy, bathroom floor mushy with water damage, black mold, hair in the tub, dirty towels in the room! The bedspread had hair and what looked like blood stains on it. In the morning the place is DESERTED! Totally empty! No free breakfast, and I was locked in the building. If there was a problem... I can't imagine how to get help here, no front desk. I cannot believe I PAID to stay here!

Very friendly and helpful stuff. Only problem was that there weren't any lockers in the room. Clean rooms and good location.

I loved the staff! They were super friendly and helpful.

The room and bedding were clean but it is just for people that want to sleep a night... the room has just the beds nothing else... people were coming and going and talking in the corridors til 3 in the morning. They get a lot of hen parties people so does not expect a restfull night.

• 1st Feb 2014